Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,737 members, 7,862,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:42 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4891507 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:27am On Oct 24, 2019
You're right. But..........
Everyone is only doing his best based on his discretion. A good deed one does that leads to blessing might lead another to problem

At times, one doesn't know which trip he fails to cancel will also wreck him or his car.
One can't keep pleasing riders and wrecking his cars, accepting all requests to satisfy riders and ubers, hoping for favour. One will be out of biz in no time when the car is damaged severely.

Let's just be good and be professional, and not put ourselves at disadvantage with the hope of hoping for favours from riders.

Trip cancellation isn't unprofessional, only unprofessional if the driver doesn't sound civil and professional enough. A simple " I'm sorry sir/ma, I can't take that route, please/kindly request for another car" is okay. If a rider now chooses to rant, it is his wahala.

thelastorca:

I will say what my boss said once, if this job was easy, you would not be doing it. Every job has great days and horrible days. My commute to work used to be Orile. I have been robbed there once, once on Xmas eve, they came close but I had already sighted them and taken evasive action, several times boys tried intimidation and I showed craze. Can you tell them at work I can't make it because road is bad? I have slept over night at sites. I have used my own money on projects.

I am simply saying you have to go the extra mile. And it has to be an attitude.

We had a project years ago in Ijora. A real mess. Towards the end we were in crunch and it was hell. The contractor had one guy who had been disturbing all of us to assist him with employment. The guy just vanished. Meanwhile there was a youth corper who was staying overnight, dropping his own money to make things move. After the project we had a vacancy and I called him without him calling me. I told him all he needed to know and we engaged him. This was five years ago and he has been on the system since in one way or another.

He could also have said not my problem, I am not paid enough for this, they are cheating me. He would have been right and he would have missed the opportunity that materialised.

You do not always know who your ride is.

And you do not always know when opportunity is knocking

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2019
izzou:

So you are saying a driver should damage his car because of the customer? He should drive through bad and terrible roads just for how much?

Shebi you change shocks for #800 Abi?

No, Izzou. The driver should not damage his car because of the customer.

He should take his car off the platform — Uber or Taxify; since he is not okay with the services the platform is providing for him.

So long as he keeps his car on the platform, he is obligated to provide service according to the terms and conditions of the platform.

#StrictlyBusiness #NoSentiments

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 10:48am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

And who says I have not worked in dangerous sites?

Shed this entitlement mentality. Nothing good comes easy, especially in the Nigeria of today. The market is becoming even more competitive and you are still hemming and hawking.
worked in a sambisa like environment...well I hope u get your wish...
y not tell the families of the UN aid workers that were killed in sambisa or the ones kidnapped about sending their people to sambisa like environment to work...
U ve been ranting all over the thread just because drivers dont want to take you to your government forsaken environment.
Take your own advice, shed your entitlement mentality.....Drivers owe you nothing..
Uber allows partners to work at their own pace and discretions....and Uber would do nothing to the guy u reported....he had no business with you...for all Uber knows..you could be lying....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2019
Dbossmanager:

worked in a sambisa like environment...well I hope u get your wish...
y not tell the families of the UN aid workers that were killed in sambisa or the ones kidnapped about sending their people to sambisa like environment to work...
U ve been ranting all over the thread just because drivers dont want to take you to your government forsaken environment.
Take your own advice, shed your entitlement mentality.....Drivers owe you nothing..
Uber allows partners to work at their own pace and discretions....and Uber would do nothing to the guy u reported....he had no business with you...for all Uber knows..you could be lying....

I am the customer/client. If it is too hard for you to work in a structured environment, you can hop on okada, or keke napep, or kabu kabu or danfo. Those are the ones who regularly say, I no dey go again, get down.

You are showing the typical attitude problems of Nigerian workers. And of course you have the misplaced ego to decieve yourself that you are somehow special and that customers will come to you no matter what.

You know what a real boss would do if he felt he was being shortchanged? He would get out and start his own ehailing business. A mediocre would continue trying to steal from his partner while grumbling everyday.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

I will say what my boss said once, if this job was easy, you would not be doing it. Every job has great days and horrible days. My commute to work used to be Orile. I have been robbed there once, once on Xmas eve, they came close but I had already sighted them and taken evasive action, several times boys tried intimidation and I showed craze. Can you tell them at work I can't make it because road is bad? I have slept over night at sites. I have used my own money on projects.

I am simply saying you have to go the extra mile. And it has to be an attitude.

We had a project years ago in Ijora. A real mess. Towards the end we were in crunch and it was hell. The contractor had one guy who had been disturbing all of us to assist him with employment. The guy just vanished as the going got tough. I cannot kill myself. Meanwhile there was a youth corper who was working overnight, dropping his own money to make things move. After the project we had a vacancy and I called him without him calling me. I told him all he needed to know and we engaged him. This was five years ago and he has been on the system since in one way or another.

He could also have said not my problem, I am not paid enough for this, they are cheating me. He would have been right and he would have missed the opportunity that materialised.

You do not always know who your ride is.

And you do not always know when opportunity is knocking

Ornicus, no vex... Let me ask you a question

If you were a driver, and you get a request to a lqocation with very bad roads, what do you do?

Remember:
1) It will be unprofessional for you to cancel the trip.

2) It will be fraud if you ask for offline after you realize the fee will not be worth the damage on both the car, and traffic

Please, what will you do?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:01am On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

He should take his car off the platform — Uber or Taxify; since he is not okay with the services the platform is providing for him.

So long as he keeps his car on the platform, he is obligated to provide service according to the terms and conditions of the platform.

Nitigriti, I'm sorry but I think you are contradicting yourself

You said its unprofessional to reject trips

You are saying the driver should leave the platform if he doesn't want to damage his car

So if I get a request from you to a location with bad roads, what do I do?
Are you saying I damage my car because I want to be professional?
Or I should cancel the trip?
Or I should cancel and leave the platform totally?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 24, 2019
izzou:

Ornicus, no vex... Let me ask you a question

If you were a driver, and you get a request to a lqocation with very bad roads, what do you do?

Remember:
1) It will be unprofessional for you to cancel the trip.

2) It will be fraud if you ask for offline after you realize the fee will not be worth the damage on both the car, and traffic

Please, what will you do?

Take it. You win some, you lose some. Not every project is going to be sweet. Not every job is going to be fantastic. The way you handle the difficult jobs is what makes you. You will not be doing uber forever. You will work somewhere or even have your own business. And you will sometimes find you have to take bad of low profit jobs. It is what it is. Will you reject a fantastic trip if offered? So why do you want to cherry pick the jobs that come your way?

Do you think your fledgling business would flourish with that attitude?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 24, 2019
Rejecting rides dilutes the quality of the platform. This reduces users and reduces revenue.

On this thread, there are already complaints that oride is taking over, not so?

In the end, if uber does, who suffers, me? Or the drivers?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by solid3(m): 11:13am On Oct 24, 2019
Guys help, my driver is complaining that 25k weekly rental is hard on a tokunbo 05 corolla in Abuja which I gave him 3 months ago.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

Take it. You win some, you lose some. Not every project is going to be sweet. Not every job is going to be fantastic. The way you handle the difficult jobs is what makes you. You will not be doing uber forever. You will work somewhere or even have your own business. And you will sometimes find you have to take bad of low profit jobs. It is what it is. Will you reject a fantastic trip if offered? So why do you want to cherry pick the jobs that come your way?

You only use the line "YOU WIN SOME AND LOSE SOME" when an unexpected result happens. Not when you deliberately give something a shot even when you know you'll lose

At your place of work, do you guys deliberately enter into a business that you are very sure you'll lose?

A driver decides to go to Agbara online. The estimate is #2500 to #2900. He buys fuel of 3k.
Enters traffic and spent hours between Abule Ado to Iyanaoba. Let's not talk about the damage inflicted on the car. And in the end, he gets #4k. Is there any sense in this?

Ornicus, please just be realistic. Uber and Bolt did not design their app and fare rates to accommodate bad roads and floods. That's the honest truth.

But anyway, everyone is entitled to his opinion

24 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:21am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:
Rejecting rides dilutes the quality of the platform. This reduces users and reduces revenue.

On this thread, there are already complaints that oride is taking over, not so?

In the end, if uber does, who suffers, me? Or the drivers?

Dont compare Oride

They use bikes. Because of traffic, people are settling for bikes

Let Pride inculcate cars and see if they'll survive like Uber

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2019
izzou:

You only use the line "YOU WIN SOME AND LOSE SOME" when an unexpected result happens. Not when you deliberately give something a shot even when you know you'll lose

At your place of work, do you guys deliberately enter into a business that you are very sure you'll lose?

A driver decides to go to Agbara online. The estimate is #2500 to #2900. He buys fuel of 3k.
Enters traffic and spent hours between Abule Ado to Iyanaoba. Let's not talk about the damage inflicted on the car. And in the end, he gets #4k. Is there any sense in this?

Ornicus, please just be realistic. Uber and Bolt did not design their app and fare rates to accommodate bad roads and floods. That's the honest truth.

But anyway, everyone is entitled to his opinion

Google loss leader

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:25am On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

You or rider don't have right to dictate when a driver should take his car off any platform.

If indeed uber or bolt feels trip cancelling is a gross misconduct, they should take the courage and remove all drivers that cancel trips.
You're talking as if Uber is doing drivers favour providing the platform. As much Uber has to protect its platform, drivers also have to protect their investments by canceling any trip they so much dislike to keep their cars in shape.
How will Uber mandate non cancellation when it doesn't contribute to car repairs. Do they tell you drivers are employees or slaves to Uber? They are partners and their interests also need to be protected

I quite fault the driver from original issue of this debate; he was wrong to cancel a trip only to offer the rider offline trip, but he wasn't wrong cancelling the trip for bad roads. He should stopped at cancellation and let the rider offer the offline if he wanted.

Many riders insisting on non cancellation can't even take their cars to many of these roads but yet become furious when drivers cancel like they have been cheated or something..

Why not make another request and stop fussing around over cancelled trips.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

Google loss leader

Okay sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2019
Seems Nitigriti feels only his cancellation was right. He saidnhere that he also used to cancel trip bit would wait for the riders to get new rides and stay in his car till a new car came.
I asked what makes your own cancellation right? Because another driver that candles doesn't wait for rider to get another ride or because the rider is not Nitigriti.

Cancellation isn't wrong, only when a driver is rude or unprofessional while neglecting the trip.
You can cancellation trip fro many reasons;
1. Bad roads
2. Flooded area
3. Far place.
4. Getting late.
And many more.

No driver that justifiably cancelled or cancels for any of these above reasons can condemn another for cancelling for bad roads.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2019
izzou:

You are saying the driver should leave the platform if he doesn't want to damage his car

It is pointless arguing when octopus is not in your shoes, so he won't know where it pains the most.
He keeps hammering "Nigerian mentality", yet a little search on the web will show him that drivers behave same all over. E.g radautoworks shared that a driver cancelled on her just because she was black.
So explaining to whoever that hasn't driven his personal car, takes care of the repairs from the peanut he gets as returns, is just like forcing an elephant through a pin.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2019
This is the same person now advocating drivers should leave the platforms if they want to be cancelling unfavourable trips.
Isn't this hypocritical? You can reject trip you don't like, but another drivers should leave the platform if they can't accept all trips?
How is your cancellation different from another that cancells his trip for bad roads or floods.

This is just a cheap attempt at self righteousness

nitigriti:

nitigriti:

Let's not try to be holier than the Pope. In my hey days, I never ask riders for destination unless it is night; say from 8:00pm; because of security.

If during the day I accept a trip and I start the trip and see a destination I don't like, say, Ijebu Ode, I will simply apologize to the rider and tell him or her I can't go. I will tell the rider I am about to cancel the trip so you can request another car and also let the rider know he or she can sit in my car with the AC running until the requested car comes.

In this, I have not cheated the Uber or Bolt platform in any way, which is the point Ornicus was making. We shouldn't cheat the platforms.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 11:39am On Oct 24, 2019
peeps4u:

Does taxify accept 2002 car?

BTW, I first thought you wrote "280k" as weekly remittance. grin

2002 taxify will accept based. The civic 02/03 can pass the inspection.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 11:40am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

I am the customer/client. If it is too hard for you to work in a structured environment, you can hop on okada, or keke napep, or kabu kabu or danfo. Those are the ones who regularly say, I no dey go again, get down.

You are showing the typical attitude problems of Nigerian workers. And of course you have the misplaced ego to decieve yourself that you are somehow special and that customers will come to you no matter what.

You know what a real boss would do if he felt he was being shortchanged? He would get out and start his own ehailing business. A mediocre would continue trying to steal from his partner while grumbling everyday.
It seems like you are writing to yourself...lol...
you are so proud and self entitled because of your 1500...lol...with death trap roads....
When drivers complain about low patronage, believe me they are not talking about people like you....90% of experience drivers wont go to your forgotten areas....
Uber allows the following in case you dont know:
1...a driver can cancel a request if a rider chose a wrong pick up spot...
2...if he/she feels unsafe...
3...too much luggages....
4....if the ride is not worth it....etc...
So u see a driver can decline to go your way if he feels unsafe...and your ride is not worth it...

So be a Boss,,,,buy a car....get a driver....and stop using uber/taxify....let the arrogant drivers suffer....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:43am On Oct 24, 2019
izzou:

I NEVER said it is unprofessional to cancel trips. Please quote where I said so.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2019
izzou:

If you get a request to a location with bad roads, SIMPLY CANCEL

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by solid3(m): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2019
Guys help, my driver is complaining that 25k weekly rental is hard on a tokunbo 05 corolla in Abuja which I gave him 3 months ago.

He suggesting I give the car to him on hire purchase. Should I give him on hire purchase?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2019
peeps4u:
Seems Nitigriti feels only his cancellation was right. He saidnhere that he also used to cancel trip bit would wait for the riders to get new rides and stay in his car till a new car came.
I asked what makes your own cancellation right? Because another driver that candles doesn't wait for rider to get another ride or because the rider is not Nitigriti.

Cancellation isn't wrong, only when a driver is rude or unprofessional while neglecting the trip.
1. Bad roads
2. Flooded area
3. Far place.
4. Getting late.
And many more.

No driver that justifiably cancelled or cancels for any of these above reasons can condemn another for cancelling for bad roads.
From nitigriti's point of cancellation. Once I get to pick up and see a rider comes out of another Uber car, first is to ask for the destination before the person even settles down. The driver must have rejected the trip for a reason.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

If you get a request to a location with bad roads, SIMPLY CANCEL
Then a thief is still a thief no matter how small you stole.
You still cancelled which Uber frowns against.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:47am On Oct 24, 2019
brogxy:

From nitigriti's point of cancellation. Once I get to pick up and see a riders comes out of another Uber car, first is to ask for the destination before the person even settles down. The driver must have rejected the trip for a reason.

My point is just that drivers can cancel any trip they dislike, but reject professionally and in a civil manner.
Riders should stop feeling drivers have to accept all trips.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:48am On Oct 24, 2019
brogxy:

Exactly my point. His own cancellation can't be right and fault others

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:48am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

@Izzou this is the essence of what I said. Drivers shouldn't cherry-pick trips. During my time as a driver, I regularly accepted Festac, Alimosho, Mowe, Alagbole, Akute, Agbara trips.

Are the roads fantastic?
No.
But I accepted those trips because I HAD A DUTY TO THE PLATFORM! My philosophy on those kinds of trips is TO PROCEED WITH CAUTION. Remember, I once stated on this thread, that there is a difference when you speed into a pothole at 120km/h and crawl into the same pothole at 5km/h.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:50am On Oct 24, 2019
brogxy:

Uber doesn't frown at cancellations.
Uber frowns when your cancellation rate reaches a maximum it has set.

#logicalreasoning

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2019
I have no words for @peeps4u. I'll just let you continue in your folly.

What do I know?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:53am On Oct 24, 2019
peeps4u:

1. Bad roads
2. Flooded area
3. Far place.
4. Getting late.
And many more.

No one's cancellation on the platform is right or wrong. Everyone has a right to cancel.

But whosoever's cancellation reaches 25% in the week on any of the platforms gets bounced.

There is a difference between the two.
#logicalreasoning

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:53am On Oct 24, 2019
Just like there are surges on flooded areas during rain, Uber should just raise the fares in the noted areas drivers offer avoid by just a lil percentage, 10% or 20%, it might reduce the rate of cancellation.
Getting mad for being rejected by drivers over bad roads is akin to getting furious for drivers refusing to take your trips to flooded areas.
In all these, who loses? Drivers
Who bears the losses? Drivers.
Uber should be ready to kuku remove all the drivers if they think trip cancellation for whatever reason is unprofessional and bad on their platform.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:59am On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

@Izzou this is the essence of what I said. Drivers shouldn't cherry-pick trips. During my time as a driver, I regularly accepted Festac, Alimosho, Mowe, Alagbole, Akute, Agbara trips.

Are the roads fantastic?
No.
But I accepted those trips because I HAD A DUTY TO THE PLATFORM! My philosophy on those kinds of trips is TO PROCEED WITH CAUTION. Remember, I once stated on this thread, that there is a difference when you speed into a pothole at 120km/h and crawl into the same pothole at 5km/h.

That you accepted those trips doesn't mean all drivers should take it. Your good or average road might be bad for another.

Also, the trips you rejected at one time or the other would have been accepted by another driver.

So you can't stand here to pass judgement over cancellation. You can only advise drivers not to be rude and violent while rejecting trips.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.