Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,696 members, 7,840,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4830833 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) ... (5712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:
I have no words for @peeps4u. I'll just let you continue in your folly.

What do I know?

I will not let you continue in your game of self righteousness and hypocrisy.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

No one's cancellation on the platform is right or wrong. Everyone has a right to cancel.

But whosoever's cancellation reaches 25% in the week on any of the platforms gets bounced.

There is a difference between the two.
#logicalreasoning

Like I stated before, let Uber decide that. You or no riders are not in position to tell drivers to take his car off the platform to cancellation. The fact that such driver is still on the platform for you or anyone to request means he's still within acceptable range of cancellation, which uber understands.

Let's stop making cancellation look a grievous offence just to five drivers bad names.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
peeps4u:

That you accepted those trips doesn't mean all drivers should take it. Your good or average road might be bad for another.

Also, the trips you rejected at one time or the other would have been accepted by another driver.

So you can't stand here to pass judgement over cancellation. You can only advise drivers not to be rude and violent while rejecting trips.

Again, read my posts on this issue and reason them out. Then come here and tell me how it is different from what you've just posted.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

No, Izzou. The driver should not damage his car because of the customer.

He should take his car off the platform — Uber or Taxify; since he is not okay with the services the platform is providing for him.

So long as he keeps his car on the platform, he is obligated to provide service according to the terms and conditions of the platform.

#StrictlyBusiness #NoSentiments

Boss, there's no need for such drastic measures, that's why the platform also created a leeway ( cancellations).

In the t&c you mentioned, the driver /partner can cancel if he feels unsafe about a trip.

There are roads in Lagos that can make u unsafe, terrain-wise.

You are not required by the T&C to complete all trips accepted.

Bolt tries to drive up completion rates among drivers, hence their bonus/ BTW 5am-9am.

I mentioned in the earlier thread. The bonuses should be tagged to such areas. This will make some drivers have a rethink n consider the cost/ benefit analysis.

I drive to point A (#1,600) fairly good roads.

I drive to point B (#1,600) terrible roads.

Most drivers would chose option A. This leaves the rider frustrated.

But consider this model

Destination A (#1,600)

Destination B (#1,600) + #1,500 completion bonus.

Trust me a lot of drivers would b tempted to reconsider.

This is the way to go.

As long as the algorithms at their servers will not do a differential pricing as regards location (not surge)

The cancellation of a thing will Neva stop.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

Again, read my posts on this issue and reason them out. Then come here and tell me how it is different from what you've just posted.

Your posts are purely contradictory.

You clearly replied Izzou that driver can reject trip but should take his CSR off the platform since he is satisfied to play with the rules of uber.

You can't in one mouth justify your own rejections while you were on the platform and yet you were not asked or bullied to take your car off the platform for rejecting platform, and yet in another mouth saying drivers can reject trips but should take their cars off the platform since they aren't satisfied.

Rejecting trips doesn't mean a driver isn't satisfied on the trip but finds a certain trip not profitable for him, it can be profitable and cool for another driver.

I still say no rider has that right to tell driver when to leave the platform because he rejects trips. It is his car and uber also understands, that's why those drivers haven't been bounced off the platforms.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2019
northbird:

Boss, there's no need for such drastic measures, that's why the platform also created a leeway ( cancellations).

In the t&c you mentioned, the driver /partner can cancel if he feels unsafe about a trip.

Bolt tries to drive up completion rates among drivers, hence their bonus/ BTW 5am-9am.

I mentioned in the earlier thread. The bonuses should be tagged to such areas. This will make some drivers have a rethink n consider the cost/ benefit analysis.

But consider this model

Destination A (#1,600)

This is the way to go.

As long as the algorithms at their servers will not do a differential pricing as regards location (not surge)

Exactly.

This is what should be done. You can't just bully or blackmail drivers into taking all trips by telling them to get their cars off platforms like only riders have the calls.

When bonuses are put on those often rejected routes, some or many drivers will accept those areas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2019
peeps4u:

Like I stated before, let Uber decide that. You or no riders are not in position to tell drivers to take his car off the platform to cancellation. The fact that such driver is still on the platform for you or anyone to request means he's still within acceptable range of cancellation, which uber understands.

Let's stop making cancellation look a grievous offence just to five drivers bad names.

Since you don't understand, let me try to help you.

No driver or rider should use Uber or Taxify's stringent working conditions as an excuse to cheat any of the platforms.

If you get a trip to a place you don't like, cancel and move on. You would be a thief if you now told the rider "let's do this trip offline." Same, if the rider requests you and says, "let's do the trip offline." Off-lines are ethically correct only in those instances when the platform cannot provide the service the rider wants; for example, multiple stopovers over several hours during the day (Uber says 15 minute wait in-between trips is the max) or rider wants a car he or she can use for the whole day (both platforms don't support long — 2 hour or 3 hour — trips).

And when, as a driver, you cancel, be self-aware. Understand how you are impacting the platforms with your cancellations and keep them at a minimum. This is why both platforms bounce drivers off as a warning when cancellation reaches 20-25%.

I haf try. If you still don't get it after this long sermon, then something is wrong with me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

No driver or rider should use Uber or Taxify's stringent working conditions as an excuse to cheat any of the platforms.

If you get a trip to a place you don't like, cancel and move on. You would be a thief if you now told the rider "let's do this trip offline." Same, if the rider requests you and says, "let's do the trip offline." Off-lines are ethically correct only in those instances when the platform cannot provide the service the rider wants; for example, multiple stopovers over several hours during the day (Uber says 15 minute wait in-between trips is the max) or rider wants a car he or she can use for the whole day (both platforms don't support long — 2 hour or 3 hour — trips).

And when, as a driver, you cancel, be self-aware. Understand how you are impacting the platforms with your cancellations and keep them at a minimum. This is why both platforms bounce drivers off as a warning when cancellation reaches 20-25%.

I haf try. If you still don't get it after this long sermon, then something is wrong with me.

We have all moved on from that incident, almost everyone agrees the driver was wrong. I was even the first person to support ornicus on that case. But your recent attempt making cancellation bad is off. You can't claim to once be a driver on the platform and had canceled trips and now say drivers should get off the platform if they are not satisfied, just for rejecting trips.
A driver can decide to decline as much as trips he wants, let uber decide if he is to be bounced or not. It is not the rider's call to make.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2019
northbird:

But consider this model

Destination A (#1,600)

This is the way to go.

You are absolutely correct!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
peeps4u:

Your posts are purely contradictory.

You clearly replied Izzou that driver can reject trip but should take his CSR off the platform since he is satisfied to play with the rules of uber.

You can't in one mouth justify your own rejections while you were on the platform and yet you were not asked or bullied to take your car off the platform for rejecting platform, and yet in another mouth saying drivers can reject trips but should take their cars off the platform since they aren't satisfied.

Rejecting trips doesn't mean a driver isn't satisfied on the trip but finds a certain trip not profitable for him, it can be profitable and cool for another driver.

I still say no rider has that right to tell driver when to leave the platform because he rejects trips. It is his car and uber also understands, that's why those drivers haven't been bounced off the platforms.

I see where the problem is.
Honestly, you don't understand.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2019
peeps4u:

We have all moved on from that incident, almost everyone agrees the driver was wrong. I was even the first person to support ornicus on that case. But your recent attempt making cancellation bad is off. You can't claim to once a driver on the platform and had canceled trips and now say drivers should get oof the platform if they are not satisfied, just for rejecting trips.
A driver can decided to decline as much as trips he wants, let uber decide if he is to be bounced or not. It is not the rider's call to make.

I never claimed cancellation is bad.

Let me give you a chance to win #10,000.
Just quote me on where I said cancellation is bad, then send your account number.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

I see where the problem is.
Honestly, you don't understand.

Good day.

The message has been passed and I hope the "driver should get off the platform" has been dealt with and will stop henceforth. It is for Uber to decide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:
I did ehailing for 2 years. And yes, I did offline trips. But I never initiated them on my own or tried to convert an online trip to an offline one. A few examples:
1) A couple booked me offline for their wedding Saturday, Sunday and Monday; AFTER I carried them around Lagos for four hours plus as they did their shopping ONLINE without complaining;
2) There's a rider who works at Coca Cola, Agidingbi. He booked me online for a trip in Lagos, he enjoyed the trip and requested that I take him and his colleagues offline to Ibadan.
3) I remember picking up four Yahoo guys from my estate (gowon) on Uber. Their destination was Otta, around Covenant University. I explained to them that Uber trip will stop reading once I leave Lagos area and so I won't go. One of them offered that we should do the trip offline. I said no, let's do it online till toll gate, then I will end the trip; we will do #1,500 offline from toll gate to Covenant University and then you will give me #1,000 for fuel back to Egbeda, Lagos. The total is your bill; which was fair enough.

Ornicus's point is you don't cheat the platform that brings you and a rider together. I completely agree. I remember I once stated here it wasn't right to select trips and reject others; that it makes the service unreliable for riders and every driver suffers for it in the end.

The platform will bring its own opportunities; by all means, use those opportunities well. But don't cheat the platform. This is Ornicus's point.

nitigriti:

I NEVER said it is unprofessional to cancel trips. Please quote where I said so.

Maybe I didn't understand you well.

Maybe you meant something can be wrong(to you) and still be professional

I apologize sir

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
izzou:

Maybe I didn't understand you well.

Maybe you meant something can be wrong(to you) and still be professional

I apologize sir

Izzou, let me put this statement in other words for you.

It is not right for a driver to cherry-pick trips. It affects the reliability of the service.

Cherry-picking trips is wrong; cancelling trips for whatever reason (e.g. driver wants to go and poo or driver doesn't like the face of the rider) is neither wrong nor right.

Hope you get this now?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

I will say what my boss said once, if this job was easy, you would not be doing it. Every job has great days and horrible days. My commute to work used to be Orile. I have been robbed there once, once on Xmas eve, they came close but I had already sighted them and taken evasive action, several times boys tried intimidation and I showed craze. Can you tell them at work I can't make it because road is bad? I have slept over night at sites. I have used my own money on projects.

I am simply saying you have to go the extra mile. And it has to be an attitude.

We had a project years ago in Ijora. A real mess. Towards the end we were in crunch and it was hell. The contractor had one guy who had been disturbing all of us to assist him with employment. The guy just vanished as the going got tough. I cannot kill myself. Meanwhile there was a youth corper who was working overnight, dropping his own money to make things move. After the project we had a vacancy and I called him without him calling me. I told him all he needed to know and we engaged him. This was five years ago and he has been on the system since in one way or another.

He could also have said not my problem, I am not paid enough for this, they are cheating me. He would have been right and he would have missed the opportunity that materialised.

You do not always know who your ride is.

And you do not always know when opportunity is knocking

You've said well.

Just like you said, if this job was easy? Drivers won't be cancelling requests nor as for offline to odd locations.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

No, Izzou. The driver should not damage his car because of the customer.

He should take his car off the platform — Uber or Taxify; since he is not okay with the services the platform is providing for him.

So long as he keeps his car on the platform, he is obligated to provide service according to the terms and conditions of the platform.

#StrictlyBusiness #NoSentiments

grin grin grin

Your opinion sir!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2019
Buynowautos:
Sound 2002 honda civic registered for sale uber/taxify approved

Price 280k only
Buy and drive

Add me on whatsapp to come inspect

Dont let this deal pass you hurry while it is still available

https://www.nairaland.com/5489962/sound-2002-honda-civic-280k#83414531

Dru22 is 280k?
And it's possibly negotiable.

How much is Opay bike again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

Izzou, let me put this statement in other words for you.

It is not right for a driver to cherry-pick trips. It affects the reliability of the service.

Cherry-picking trips is wrong; cancelling trips for whatever reason (e.g. driver wants to go and poo or driver doesn't like the face of the rider) is neither wrong nor right.

Hope you get this now?

If the roads are bad, and you(nitrigriti) asks me to cancel, isn't that cherry-picking?

As long as the roads are bad, and we have a distorted traffic structure, drivers will continue to cherry pick and the service will continue to be unreliable

When I'm in Festac, I can never accept a trip to Satellite town which is less that 10km even if the surge is 3X. But I'll accept a trip to Lakowe, or even Bogije(areas without request).

I'll rather save my investment or that of my partner than please a system. It's neither my fault or uber that the roads are bad

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
Any hotel around Ketu/Ikosi/Ikeja with 5-8k booking?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2019
izzou:

If the roads are bad, and you(nitrigriti) asks me to cancel, isn't that cherry-picking?

As long as the roads are bad, and we have a distorted traffic structure, drivers will continue to cherry pick and the service will continue to be unreliable

When I'm in Festac, I can never accept a trip to Satellite town which is less that 10km even if the surge is 3X. But I'll accept a trip to Lakowe, or even Bogije(areas without request).

I'll rather save my investment or that of my partner than please a system. It's neither my fault or uber that the roads are bad

Why should I drive 5km to a rider knowing the trip is less than 2km?

Some people cannot understand it is important to ask for destinations at times.

I didn't used to ask for destinations esp in the morning/afternoon except at night most times until I took a trip to Ikorodu early morning, very bad road, more like a village in Ikorodu. Drove almost 8km there. Return trips no fit happen. I just drove back home as trips (are scare in Ikorodu on a normal day), after I drove a long distance to best areas to get trips in Ikorodu.

Experiences shape people differently, just do what works for you and think about the other fellow (rider or driver in any case). As long as your conscience is clear, good for you.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
Let's stop distracting nitigriti. He's a busy man o smiley

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

Looks so likely.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2019
izzou:

What is your definition of a bad road?
And which roads in Lagos are good?

I never told any of my riders, not one single one, that "the road is bad, so I'm cancelling."

Our roads aren't wonderful, but any driver can navigate them with sense and still deliver the service he or she signed up on the platform for.

It is an attitude thing.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2019
Epphy:
Let's stop distracting nitigriti. He's a busy man o smiley

Yes, I'm actually at work.
Today is a not-so-busy day for me.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Ever since this Ornicus or Spartacus or whatever he's called started ranting about a driver willing to negotiate offline trip, we no dey enjoy this place again.
Bros, carry your bad vibe away biko.
This is a thread where we get to share our daily driving experience, its a place where we get to laugh at ourselves and still nudge ourselves up whenever we're down, share our daily experiences. It's a thread that has provided information about the perils of driving in Lagos, it's a thread we retire to after a hard day's work .
No come derail us abeg. Just like someone rightly said, you're the sort of rider that intimidate drivers and hurl insults at them for tuning from 98.5fm to 96.9fm radio.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:
Rejecting rides dilutes the quality of the platform. This reduces users and reduces revenue.

On this thread, there are already complaints that oride is taking over, not so?

In the end, if uber does, who suffers, me? Or the drivers?
totally incorrect.
Lagos is a very big market.
Orides may grab a chunk of the delivery aspect.

I don't see an executive flying a bike on d 3MB.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
northbird:
totally incorrect.
Lagos is a very big market.
Orides may grab a chunk of the delivery aspect.

I don't see an executive flying a bike on d 3MB.

An executive will not ride Uber either. He will ride in his sub and police escort .

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
nitigriti:

What is your definition of a bad road?
And which roads in Lagos are good?

I never told any of my riders, not one single one, that "the road is bad, so I'm cancelling."

Our roads aren't wonderful, but any driver can navigate them with sense and still deliver the service he or she signed up on the platform for.

It is an attitude thing.

Nitrigriti, sincerely, you and I reason differently.

And I wouldn't want to ruin this peaceful friendship with this matter. Let's let this issue rest. We may never find a common ground

How's work sir?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

An executive will not ride Uber either. He will ride in his sub and police escort .
yinmu.what do you know?
You are not even a driver partner.

My first ever trip on bolt. I picked a top guy @ d bank from Ogba to keystone bank HQ. V.island

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
Epphy:

Why should I drive 5km to a rider knowing the trip is less than 2km?

Some people cannot understand it is important to ask for destinations at times.

I didn't used to ask for destinations esp in the morning/afternoon except at night most times until I took a trip to Ikorodu early morning, very bad road, more like a village in Ikorodu. Drove almost 8km there. Return trips no fit happen. I just drove back home as trips (are scare in Ikorodu on a normal day), after I drove a long distance to best areas to get trips in Ikorodu.

Experiences shape people differently, just do what works for you and think about the other fellow (rider or driver in any case). As long as your conscience is clear, good for you.

Your comment is just core experience on the job. This job is much more than driving

Well, different people and different opinions

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
northbird:
yinmu.what do you know?
You are not even a driver partner.

My first ever trip on bolt. I picked a top guy @ d bank from Ogba to keystone bank HQ. V.island

I Yimu you right back. Maybe you are confusing a manager with an exec. An exec with an official car, official driver, police escort will take an uber? Why?

Na so oga at the top go come down from 2019 range rover to 2003 corolla? With no safety? A person who has a paid for driver? Anyway sha, there are top guys and top guys is all I will say.

People like you will be confusing banking officers with executives. I'm sure you will tell me next that a teller is also a banker.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

I Yimu you right back. Maybe you are confusing a manager with an exec. An exec with an official car, official driver, police escort will take an uber? Why?

Na so oga at the top go come down from 2019 range rover to 2003 corolla? With no safety? A person who has a paid for driver? Anyway sha, there are top guys and top guys is all I will say.

People like you will be confusing banking officers with executives. I'm sure you will tell me next that a teller is also a banker.
What do you know?
Greatness hides in plain sight

I don't need to engage you. You have zilch experience in the transport biz.

Ask folks in d Fct, how political and biz power brokers move around.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) ... (5712) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Kaymaxi2222(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.