Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,762 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2015) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4900379 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) ... (5723) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freshprince91:

It is true bro. The Ford Mondeo has made me bankrupt, i can't even face my people again, despite spending 174k to fix the damn thing, the problem of accelerating slowly when in motion still persist.
The Ford mechanic who have been working on it ( Oxygen sensor ,rare brake pads, serviced transmission engine and shock absorber ) asked me to change the complete fuel pump and filter which i did but sorry is still my case.
My reason for telling him to get the Camry.

Is this muyiwaAdekunle1?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
Surge for CEOs

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
Gentlelife50:

I do that badagry round about last two weeks I suffer no be small, I just dey vex for the rider even after collecting 20k.
At point I wanted to remove my bumper by myself

I can understand but abeg if that badagry runs ever come up again halla me abeg na my end be dat and as he bad reach man must still reach house na my personal car. So 20k dey ride go house trust me na big deal to me.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
So many condescending comments here, some feel they know it all. No man is an island when it comes to knowledge.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2019
tojahh:
Surge for CEOs

Home bond, mo le wa Ku... The kind of insult I receive dis week, well I'll use it as story one day. Yesterday, 9 guys and some girls were going to club, so they ordered for rides, those guys made a mess of my brain cos they saw I wasn't feeling dia groove, at a point they ask me "what the problem Oga, chill! We r together", later ask, what if they give me 10k to join them, drink on them and free babe, the girl that came with our ride yell and say I shouldnt dull too many truck, I can pick one, but not her... I just shake my head on d wheel, chai! My eyes have seen enough for 1 day, if deh gift me d girl for free, heaven knows I won't take. Dairy of a Bolt driver grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
ajoks533:
Abeg make una free this argument Biko. High Net worth, Middle point or Low Class o everybody for him own pocket.
We have argued our points on this and as a member of the Incorruptible Judges of Nigeria, I hereby declare this argument irrelevant to our this thread. Let all the CEOs and umuboys go and face their facilities.

So What are your take on Toyota Camry and Prius, base of Fuel Economy and pocket friendly with respect to maintenance?

Prius
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
radautoworks:

Prius

Yeah I understand base on the fuel economy side. How about maintenance, availability of parts, what if there is a small fault... Is it pocket friendly more than the Corolla... Let's say 2005 against a 2005
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freshprince91:

It is true bro. The Ford Mondeo has made me bankrupt, i can't even face my people again, despite spending 174k to fix the damn thing, the problem of accelerating slowly when in motion still persist.
The Ford mechanic who have been working on it ( Oxygen sensor ,rare brake pads, serviced transmission engine and shock absorber ) asked me to change the complete fuel pump and filter which i did but sorry is still my case.
My reason for telling him to get the Camry.
Have you scanned your mondeo via the onboard diagnostic?
Do and post codes.

Fords are more reliable than Toyota's but local man won't understand.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
people too funny ,you know the calibre of people using uber ,both young and old ,uber is basically the safest means of transport in lagos,have you ever heard that a rider was kidnapped before ,una too like to talk rubbish and some people too like to form . The greater risk lies on the rider robbing or kidnapping a driver not the other way around ,someone said a person worth 200 mil isn't high net worth in a 3rd world country like naija lol,just because you won't use uber doesn't mean others won't

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
even Beyonce that's worth millions of dollars uses uber ,then some rats in naija will claim too big,uber is very safe for riders and sometimes celebrities just wana go somewhere without all the fan fair ,I heard Beyonce stopped using uber because they found out uber was spying on people . The problem with naija is that it is a classist society and some people feel they shouldn't relate with commoners

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
tojahh:
Surge for CEOs
The whole of that region was blocked. Traffic jam and no movement
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
See how we have derailed from having a meaningful arguments to arguing about CEOs and High/Low Net Worth individuals who care less about us.

Abeg I think am in love with this Prius ooo. Just wondering why guys still prefer Corolla Over the Prius cos I understand it has the craziest fuel economy. So what are the downsides that turn guys off?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
My eyes have seen enough for 1 day, if deh gift me d girl for free, heaven knows I won't take. Dairy of a Bolt driver grin[/quote]

Yeeee. You hit the target! I no even fit make that your bonus self not to talk of making trips.

But all the same... We live to work another day.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
peterdrury:
We have gone from bad roads in festac to CEO using Uber and taxify.
Asin eh tongue...d matter Don tired me walai...wenever I see d guy moniker, I no dy gree read again.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
chucsmoore:
The whole of that region was blocked. Traffic jam and no movement

I just got home.... Was at Herbert Marculey for 1:21mins. Rider asked we end the trip... Nope I no gree. We die here!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2019
mrjaydee:
Can we ban this guy from this forum? He's derailing us, I have been skipping pages whenever I see his comments, who knows I might have missed a valuable info or tips from someone.

Let's REST THIS CASE!!!

we.move.
Bros na d same tin wey I dy do be DAT ooo...once I see d guy moniker ...NATO skip straight.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2019
fabiano09:
even Beyonce that's worth millions of dollars uses uber ,then some rats in naija will claim too big,uber is very safe for riders and sometimes celebrities just wana go somewhere without all the fan fair ,I heard Beyonce stopped using uber because they found out uber was spying on people . The problem with naija is that it is a classist society and some people feel they shouldn't relate with commoners

Beyonce uses Uber? In US of A?

I don't think so.
But I might be wrong though.

Beyonce has shares in Uber. I know about that. Does she use Uber?

Again, I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
ajoks533:
See how we have derailed from having a meaningful arguments to arguing about CEOs and High/Low Net Worth individuals who care less about us.

Abeg I think am in love with this Prius ooo. Just wondering why guys still prefer Corolla Over the Prius cos I understand it has the craziest fuel economy. So what are the downsides that turn guys off?
Spare parts no dey market. Pray make you no enter once chance

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 8:53pm On Oct 26, 2019
peeps4u:

Is this muyiwaAdekunle1?
Definitely him.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
Gentlelife50:

If I dey airport and no be Ajah trip I no go, otherwise it won't pay.
It's a simple sturvs, cancel too much trips inside the airport and uber blocks you from picking rides around the airport.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
grin
Sorry bro. It wasn't that deep though. I think the guys were just trying to make u feel lively or sort of. I may be wrong though. As for those girls, don't mind them.

pope191:

Home bond, mo le wa Ku... The kind of insult I receive dis week, well I'll use it as story one day. Yesterday, 9 guys and some girls were going to club, so they ordered for rides, those guys made a mess of my brain cos they saw I wasn't feeling dia groove, at a point they ask me "what the problem Oga, chill! We r together", later ask, what if they give me 10k to join them, drink on them and free babe, the girl that came with our ride yell and say I shouldnt dull too many truck, I can pick one, but not her... I just shake my head on d wheel, chai! My eyes have seen enough for 1 day, if deh gift me d girl for free, heaven knows I won't take. Dairy of a Bolt driver grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:

Have you scanned your mondeo via the onboard diagnostic?
Do and post codes.

Fords are more reliable than Toyota's but local man won't understand.

Chief, i did that already. Got 2 pairs of 02 sensors for 20k and the fan was restored to factory setting ,the check engine light has cleared off and the fuel consumption is on okay for a 2.0 litre engine but the funny thing is that none of the diagnostic scan i did ( Cars 45 and at the Ford mechanic workshop) revealed anything about the fuel pump and filter .
Had to change the complete fuel pump and filter for 13kk at Cole street, ojuelegba but the car stalls and accelerate slowly after a long distance trip.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freshprince91:

Chief, i did that already. Got 2 pairs of 02 sensors for 20k and the fan was restored to factory setting ,the check engine light has cleared off and the fuel consumption is on okay for a 2.0 litre engine but the funny thing is that none of the diagnostic scan i did ( Cars 45 and at the Ford mechanic workshop) revealed anything about the fuel pump and filter .
Had to change the complete fuel pump and filter for 13kk at Cole street, ojuelegba but the car stalls and accelerate slowly after a long distance trip.
There is a second filter just under the "owners" side. Fuel line from gas tank connects to it before delivering to fuel rail. Have you looked at it

Fuel pump is a mechanical unit. Won't reveal on scanning. Only if the circuit is open.

I meant your fords self diagnosis. Not via obd.

P.S does it jerk before stalling? Or jerk at all ?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
peeps4u:

Is this muyiwaAdekunle1?

Yes boss. I hail thee sir.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freshprince91:

Yes boss. I hail thee sir.

Good evening bro, all will be well. Just remain positive and strong.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2019
I no longer understand this forum. Thought it was for Uber partners to share on the job experience? Why have empty barrels made this place a haven to talk about a "never was" life? Living in a ghetto somewhere in Festac and won't let those who are not your mate to rest, people that have seen it all before you were born. And another comes here to talk about being a CEO. Which CEO brags about being one? Clowns. Nigerians are funny characters.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
I'm
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
Na wa for this lekki and short trips o undecided
I dey admiralty road close to that christ avenue, I set destination to ikeja city mall. I got request from a lady whose location was almost close to freedom way along admiralty. Rejoicing that I have seen a trip to ikeja. With joyful anticipation after getting to her location and waited for her to get in the car, I swipe the 'start trip' only to find out say she dey go So Fresh for that same admiralty. Till I shout "Jesus" I no know so tey the lady come dey ask me wetin happen. Na so I open mouth tell her say she don make mistake for her destination. The next thing I hear na "no be mistake" I just drive her go the destination jejely.

She was nice sha even for the short trip so I gave her 5* But the thing just weak me reach my finger so tey I dey scared to accept trip again.

OK, I come summon courage accept another trip 'Gbam' another 1km trip. angry

Na so I vex drive go imax after I complete the short trip. If I wait for here I no see trip omo na straight home to my lovely wife. wink

@tojaah how far bro? I left a message for you on your whatsapp. Trust you are great bro.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
pope191:

Show us the earnings join biko, u need two days rest. It's most likely u didn't sleep at home
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:

There is a second filter just under the "owners" side. Fuel line from gas tank connects to it before delivering to fuel rail. Have you looked at it

Fuel pump is a mechanical unit. Won't reveal on scanning. Only if the circuit is open.

I meant your fords self diagnosis. Not via obd.

P.S does it jerk before stalling? Or jerk at all ?

Yes, it jerks before stalling and if i switch on the ignition after 30 minutes, it drives fine like nothing happened and then goes back to the slow acceleration after 1 hour drive.

Regarding the 2 fuel filter, bro, i no sabi o. Even the mechanic that worked on it, removed just 1.

The self diagnosis, baba how i go take do that one?

Every other thing i have spent money on works just fine ( AC Compressor, Evaporator, 02 sensors, shock absorber, rear brake pads and transmission oil but this slow acceleration of a thing is the only one breaking my camel's back) .

As i dey now, trouser no gree stay for my waist again. People wey dey call Honda Accord evil spirit made a mistake, na this Ford Mondeo dem suppose give that name. Tokunbo car wey never reach 2 months.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
lin3r2:
Na wa for this lekki and short trips o undecided
I dey admiralty road close to that christ avenue, I set destination to ikeja city mall. I got request from a lady whose location was almost close to freedom way along admiralty. Rejoicing that I have seen a trip to ikeja. With joyful anticipation after getting to her location and waited for her to get in the car, I swipe the 'start trip' only to find out say she dey go So Fresh for that same admiralty. Till I shout "Jesus" I no know so tey the lady come dey ask me wetin happen. Na so I open mouth tell her say she don make mistake for her destination. The next thing I hear na "no be mistake" I just drive her go the destination jejely.

She was nice sha even for the short trip so I gave her 5* But the thing just weak me reach my finger so tey I dey scared to accept trip again.

OK, I come summon courage accept another trip 'Gbam' another 1km trip. angry

Na so I vex drive go imax after I complete the short trip. If I wait for here I no see trip omo na straight home to my lovely wife. wink

@tojaah how far bro? I left a message for you on your whatsapp. Trust you are great bro.

Lolzz.
I once set destination to Ikeja at Elegushi beach and got FESTAC trip.

Last week, I set destination to Ikeja from Badore and got sangotedo trip.

Uber is crazy sometimes.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freshprince91:

Yes, it jerks before stalling and if i switch on the ignition after 30 minutes, it drives fine like nothing happened and then goes back to the slow acceleration after 1 hour drive.

Regarding the 2 fuel filter, bro, i no sabi o. Even the mechanic that worked on it, removed just 1.

The self diagnosis, baba how i go take do that one?

Every other thing i have spent money on works just fine ( AC Compressor, Evaporator, 02 sensors, shock absorber, rear brake pads and transmission oil but this slow acceleration of a thing is the only one breaking my camel's back) .

As i dey now, trouser no gree stay for my waist again. People wey dey call Honda Accord evil spirit made a mistake, na this Ford Mondeo dem suppose give that name. Tokunbo car wey never reach 2 months.
The pic you uploaded is similar to the second "external" filter- the one am referring to.
I can bet your slow acceleration is fuel related.

For the self diagnosis-
1. With key out of ignition, press and hold trip A reset button.
2. While you are holding trip A reset button, put key in ignition and turn to position II
3. Still hold the button till u see "test" on your odometer. Then release it and press subsequently to view diff parameters.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) ... (5723) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: glambo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.