Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,881 members, 7,838,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2013) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4824087 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) ... (5709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 8:22am On Oct 26, 2019
Epphy:
Oya see brother...

https://www.happenings.com.ng/amp/story/latest%2F2019%2F10%2F25%2Ftwitter-user-shares-screenshots-of-texts-bolt-driver-sends-her-after-a-ride

Blother wey mumu. Others dey hustle to make money... Him dey dia dey access the babe to save her number... Mugu 40.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2019
peeps4u:

I think he has realised he goofed with that argument. Baba no argue it again.

I have decided not to bother. From a security and privacy perspective, only a very foolish high net worth individual would use uber. If you want to compare tobi of bbn with a ceo, that's fine.

You realise multinationals have security offices that issue safety warning bulletins? Do you know the amount of risk exposure I would get as a ceo riding uber? My phone number would automatically be available to people outside of a closed circle. That is a safety risk all on its own. You people think all ceos are created equal? You think ceo of gtb bank is the same as ceo of cakes and cream?

Some things are not worth arguing. It is however interesting to observe thought processes and rationalisations.

Theres a thread on fp where a babe started getting calls from a driver. I cannot begin to imagine the nonsense that would happen with a ceo, in this Nigeria, especially with Nigerians wey no get filter. Common sharing my phone no during close meeting, I started getting yahoo calls from the abroad

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2019
thelastorca:

I have decided not to bother. From a security and privacy perspective, only a very foolish high net worth individual would use uber. If you want to compare tobi of bbn with a ceo, that's fine.

You realise multinationals have security offices that issue safety warning bulletins? Do you know the amount of risk exposure I would get as a ceo riding uber? My phone number would automatically be available to people outside of a closed circle. That is a safety risk all on its own. You people think all ceos are created equal? You think ceo of gtb bank is the same as ceo of cakes and cream?

Some things are not worth arguing. It is however interesting to observe thought processes and rationalisations.

Theres a thread on fp where a babe started getting calls from a driver. I cannot begin to imagine the nonsense that would happen with a ceo, in this Nigeria, especially with Nigerians wey no get filter. Common sharing my phone no during close meeting, I started getting yahoo calls from the abroad

That's your own view. From "No CEO can use Uber and now to only foolish CEO will use Uber"
The truth has been confirmed that CEOs use Uber as against your initial argument. No need to overflog it again with "only a foolish CEO will use Uber" blablabla

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:38am On Oct 26, 2019
ajoks533:

Blother wey mumu. Others dey hustle to make money... Him dey dia dey access the babe to save her number... Mugu 40.
Very mumu guy, and he was even trying to emotionally blackmail the lady by accusing her of looking down on him and his job.
The lady was even coolheaded in that chat, many ladies would have gone more hysterical than that and blasted him.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2019
peeps4u:

That's your own view. From "No CEO can use Uber and now to only foolish CEO will use Uber"
The truth has been confirmed that CEOs use Uber as against your initial argument. No need to overflog it again with "only a foolish CEO will use Uber" blablabla

is that what you took from what i wrote?

where did i write only foolish ceos use uber?

this is why i said this thread is an insight into thinking processes.

oya, i am ceo of my own company too and i am riding uber . so my last 10 drivers have also carried ceo.

someone was talking about how a ceo was riding in his vehicle and making calls. you think a ceo of a big bank will enter into an unsecured vehicle and start making calls for a stranger to listen in on?so that next thing you will hear on social media how bank so and so is taking over this company?

you don't understand that CEOs are also assets?

you remind me of one day when a bus conductor was saying - the same singlet i wear is the singlet fashola wears. we are all the same. thats the reasoning you are bringing to this argument.

if you actually think that a company that pays a person in hundreds of millions, has security dedicated to him 24/7, depends n him to direct to fortunes of the company will allow him to risk himself/herself, the company's operations and plans, for a ride in an unsecured platform then continue to wallow in your ignorance of i carried the ceo of a lower tier company. if it makes you feel better, so be it.

uber is of no benefit whatsoever to a high networt individual with driver, spy, police pilot vehicle.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 8:51am On Oct 26, 2019
Guys just need to understand that there is a difference between Work and Leisure. These are the kind of drivers who will go around buying protections, yam, ofe akwu or cross the road to buy corn for olosho that is under 25yrs.

Just because they want to answer good boy and maybe be granted entrance into armoury of man's destruction.

Let's be professional in this line of hustle, so that riders will not take us for fool bikonu.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 9:06am On Oct 26, 2019
thelastorca:

. To a great extent you are right and because of this public forum, I can't say much but I KNOW(Mark my words) top executives in IOC's that once a while use these platform. However, it comes at a great risk to such a person, and this is based on EXPERIENCE. The only safety net is if it's within the city at a short distance, but even at that there was an issue that came up. (let's leave it there)

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2019
skillip:
. To a great extent you are right and because of this public forum, I can't say much but I KNOW(Mark my words) top executives in IOC's that once a while use these platform. However, it comes at a great risk to such a person, and this is based on EXPERIENCE. The only safety net is if it's within the city at a short distance, but even at that there was an issue that came up. (let's leave it there)

Maybe oga wanted to do erm quick short time on the down low lipsrsealed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 9:09am On Oct 26, 2019
tojahh:

Guy was on 600 bonus from Bolt

Ok
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2019
Epphy:

Oh you are about to acquire.

It is very good with fuel consumption and a bit strong.
The advantage it has over corolla is the ground clearance (it is high like other hatchbacks).
The low side is the electrical and AC. But if one is lucky with one with less wahala sha. Hopefully you get a very good AC tech & good electrical tech too.

The parts are not so expensive. I haven't changed my shocks for about two years since I acquired the car.

Aside corolla, you can do Civic, KIA, Hyundai or Benz (like someone here advised recently about Benz)
Thanks chief, e be like say an the car you Dey drive abi?

How much can I get tokunbo of the car?

I intend buying before month end
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2019
thelastorca:

oya, i am ceo of my own company too and i am riding uber

you remind me of one day when a bus conductor was saying - the same singlet i wear is the singlet fashola wears

if you actually think that a company that pays a person in hundreds of millions, has security dedicated to him 24/7, depends n him to direct to fortunes of the company will allow him to risk himself/herself, the company's operations and plans, for a ride in an unsecured platform then continue to wallow in your ignorance of i carried the ceo of a lower tier company. if it makes you feel better, so be it.

uber is of no benefit whatsoever to a high networt individual with driver, spy, police pilot vehicle.

Please let's forget this argument before it will linger like the last one that Spartacus initiated.

The truth is this, riding uber depends on individuals and the state of their minds and needs per the time of request.

A top notch CEO can decide to ride on Uber and still have his security details with him... Maybe 1 or 2 and you won't even know. Some even sneak out just to have that freedom you and I have, without any security personnel body checking every of his movement... Or do you think they too don't do nkoro things?

It's true a very high profile CEO must and is always advised to follow the guidelines of his security details to avoid stories that touch. However, remember Hon. Rotimi Amaechi when he was the Governor of Rivers State used to ride around the city on a motor bike doing inspection on projects. I had a chat with one of the security men assigned to him then. He said he doesn't give any signal that he wants to move, he just mount and speed off, they have to start making radio calls to track him down.

We just give too much value to people in this part of the world, that's why we don't believe these people can decide on few occasions to live a normal life, even if it's for just 30mins. Moreover, no be everybody know everybody, even when you hear their names on a reg... Like me, If Otedola or any of his child or whatever takes a ride with me, I won't even know, cos I don't know him in person or taken note of how he looks.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2019
Some of you think you can feign brilliance with too much English or words. We were talking of CEO using uber or not, after the fact was confirmed that CEOs use Uber, you came here to say "only a foolish high net worth individual would use Uber". Are those CEOs listed not high net worth individuals?.

Have a nice day Mr CEO.

thelastorca:

oya, i am ceo of my own company too and i am riding uber . so my last 10 drivers have also carried ceo.

someone was talking about how a ceo was riding in his vehicle and making calls. you think a ceo of a big bank will enter into an unsecured vehicle and start making calls for a stranger to listen in on?so that next thing you will hear on social media how bank so and so is taking over this company?

you don't understand that CEOs are also assets?

you remind me of one day when a bus conductor was saying - the same singlet i wear is the singlet fashola wears. we are all the same. thats the reasoning you are bringing to this argument.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:22am On Oct 26, 2019
Your head dey there.

There was a time Otedola took Molue, though some might say it was a public stunt, but it is a confirmation these people also occasionally go for normal lifestyles as every individual.

Beside, I don't even think any top CEO will put his hot line or biz line on Uber or any ehailing platform.

ajoks533:

Please let's forget this argument before it will linger like the last one that Spartacus initiated.

The truth is this, riding uber depends on individuals and the state of their minds and needs per the time of request.

A top notch CEO can decide to ride on Uber and still have his security details with him... Maybe 1 or 2 and you won't even know. Some even sneak out just to have that freedom you and I have, without any security personnel body checking every of his movement... Or do you think they too don't do nkoro things?

It's true a very high profile CEO must and is always advised to follow the guidelines of his security details to avoid stories that touch. However, remember Hon. Rotimi Amaechi when he was the Governor of Rivers State used to ride around the city on a motor bike doing inspection on projects. I had a chat with one of the security men assigned to him then. He said he doesn't give any signal that he wants to move, he just mount and speed off, they have to start making radio calls to track him down.

We just give too much value to people in this part of the world, that's why we don't believe these people can decide on few occasions to live a normal life, even if it's for just 30mins. Moreover, no be everybody know everybody, even when you hear their names on a reg... Like me, If Otedola or any of his child or whatever takes a ride with me, I won't even know, cos I don't know him in person or taken note of how he looks.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:26am On Oct 26, 2019
thelastorca:

You mean high net individuals have only one phone number?

Have you heard of request by proxy before?

And what's the role of their personal assistants in that case.

Most times their P.As attend to such issues

Don't argue again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 26, 2019
northbird:
You mean high net individuals have only one phone number?

Have you heard of request by proxy before?

And what's the role of their personal assistants in that case.

Most times their P.As attend to such issues

Don't argue again.

When you become an employee of a multinational, and you come to terms with security risk management, journey management, defensive driving training, you will understand.

Someone else who understands security has spoken.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2019
ajoks533:
Please the grand fathers in the house, is 2003 Toyota Prius a good deal for Ehailing? I discovered it has a very big advantage over Corolla at about 42/41/41 mpg against 28/36/31 mpg (city/highway/combine).

My concern is the cost of maintenance and availability of parts and reliable kazeem.

Still on this matter. Any advice?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:20am On Oct 26, 2019
adebayal:
Please I need the contact of any Toyota sienna Driver with a working Ac for 2-3 days hire within Lagos...plz contact 07038154743 Asap.
Have you got any yet? I'm just reading your post and I have someone
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:20am On Oct 26, 2019
Gentlelife50:
Meanwhile this neighbor wants me to drop his family at badagry on Friday then come back on Sunday to take them back.
From Shangotedo to badagry.
I told him 40k, he shouted. I told him the road is very good.
Asked him if he have been there recently he said yes that he was there yesterday with his car that he doesn't want to go with his car, for my mind na my own car good to suffer.
If any driver is interested he wants to pay 20k, let me link u
grin

I fit connect am to one Danfo guy, he go collect 15k.. me and u we use 5k drink beer

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 10:32am On Oct 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:37am On Oct 26, 2019
ajoks533:

Still on this matter. Any advice?

Let me help you cc Gazzuzz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by whisper2esi(m): 10:49am On Oct 26, 2019
House, If a car owner drop his car (toyota corolla 2005) for HP 25k weekly is it a fair deal for the driver ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:49am On Oct 26, 2019
Goodbloke:
Good morning boss , please would Uber and bolt accept a Nissan Almera Tino 2006 ?

Is the Nissan Almera Tino good for the hustle in terms of fuel consumption,maintainability etc

Asides a corolla what other car can I buy?

Thanks in anticipation

Anyone with useful contributions will be much appreciated

Cc: gazzuzz

Eherbal

Tojahh

Nitigriti
Yes they do but I don't know much about the maintenance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2019
Goodbloke:
Thanks chief, e be like say an[b] the car you Dey drive abi[/b]?

How much can I get tokunbo of the car?

I intend buying before month end

Yes keh, I don welcome you in advance before

The price is between 1.2 - 1.5m I think. You can check jiji.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2019
thelastorca:

When you become an employee of a multinational, and you come to terms with security risk management, journey management, defensive driving training, you will understand.

Someone else who understands security has spoken.

Bros lock up... You know only what is available to you. I gave you the name of the company whose CEO drove on my ride you are here speaking English. The CEO is worth more than 200milion in naira. Go and look it up and stop trying to change the subject matter. You're not the only one opportuned to meet these people if at all.
Note... These people understands the risk of what they're doing but trust their guts! Even a common man like you has value sir.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2019
whisper2esi:
House, If a car owner drop his car (toyota corolla 2005) for HP 25k weekly is it a fair deal for the driver ?

Is there a down payment?

Is the driver a new man or experienced on the job?

How much is total HP cost?

Is the car tokumbo?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2019
radautoworks:

Or
multiply 10900 by 0.8 (the 80% you keep) plus 300= 9020

Still 3steps.

You did well though.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2019
peeps4u:

I think he has realised he goofed with that argument. Baba no argue it again.

I think he's started sounding supportive with the current report from drivers.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2019
peeps4u:

Let me help you cc Gazzuzz

OK thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2019
tojahh:

Bros lock up... You know only what is available to you. I gave you the name of the company whose CEO drove on my ride you are here speaking English. The CEO is worth more than 200milion in naira. Go and look it up and stop trying to change the subject matter. You're not the only one opportuned to meet these people if at all.
Note... These people understands the risk of what they're doing but trust their guts! Even a common man like you has value sir.

a company i have never heard of before now grin grin
if you want to deceive your self with delusions of importance, continue

we are not talking about opportunity to meet with people. we are talking about a structured corporate environment.

most of you will always be aggressively, and proudly ignorant. simple minded thinking. these people understands the risk but trust their guts
the more money you make and the more exposure you have, the more careful you will be about managing your personal safety.

instead of arguing go and read up on journey management.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 26, 2019
donfortune48:

I think he's started sounding supportive with the current report from drivers.

if a driver misbehaves, i report him, if a rider misbehaves you report him as well. it is simple. it is not about disliking.

why is it that so many of you can only think backwards?
a person reporting the wrong thing is wicked, is an enemy, is a bad person, does not understand.

you are free to hate and dislike me. if i believe an employee/partner of a party i am doing business with is trying to play a fast one, i will report.

if i go to a fuel station and the attendant is trying to run game - i am calling their hotline straight
if i go to a store and someone tries to sell me expired stuff as new - i will report it
if i go to gazzuz or rdautoworks tomorrow to fix my car, and one of their employees is trying to run game - rest assured i will be telling them straight up this is what is happening. the employee is free to call me all the names he wants, even go to his church or mosque on the matter.

you don't want issues, you RESPECT yourself and do the right thing. you do the wrong thing and you get busted, you man up, chin up and face the consequences, rather than whining about wicked people who do not 'know what you are going through'

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:30am On Oct 26, 2019
ajoks533:

I once carried D'ja from mavins record Head office to Banana island, I didn't know she was the one till we entered Banana island gate.

If I had known, what will I do?
She's not even the one that made the request. So the issue of exposing your contact is defeated.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:33am On Oct 26, 2019
peeps4u:

Your head dey there.

There was a time Otedola took Molue, though some might say it was a public stunt, but it is a confirmation these people also occasionally go for normal lifestyles as every individual.

Beside, I don't even think any top CEO who put his hot line or biz line on Uber or any ehailing platform.

I don't even use my main line for this hustle.
Anytime it rings I know it's a rider or Airtel that's calling.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) ... (5709) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: emadamysy, Djdamian(m), Pearl1910, Ceenelly(m), Omoapena(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.