Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2043) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4761120 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
Chuwaa:

That is the idealism.
IF is the operational word.
Empirical evidence shows that the needful is not being done and you are still arguing. Lol �

you forget that the government fined mtn two years ago for failing to register sim cards

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
thelastorca:

you forget that the government fined mtn two years ago for failing to register sim cards

Present facts and not emotions. Kapish

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
Chuwaa:

Do you think drivers derive joy doing that. A lot of riders are just mannerless. Back then, I went to pick someone in one of those estates, I took uber route because I've never been there, only for me to get to the gate and I was told it's for only residents. I called back the man, and he gave the phone to a lady who directed me where I should take and that would mean coming out of the Lekki expressway, go down the roundabout, turn and follow another route which was quite long. I explained to the lady and asked her to kindly cancel and she refused saying I ought to know that the gate is for residents only. I just drove beside the fence and canceled and surprisingly saw 400 Cancellation fee and whistled away. Later she texted me to return the money or else she will report to Uber. I didn't just reply and Uber did nothing. By the way that was Surge period and she will definitely get another driver. If it wasn't for the surge, I may as well have refused to cancel so as not to affect me activity score.

Just before quitting the hustle, I once set destination to Lekki, and Uber gave me a lady going to the airport early in the morning around 5:20am. I followed the map and realized that due to road construction, the road to her street had been blocked off and I called her to verify, she so shouted on me that she's late and bla bla bla and ended with 'my friend follow so so and so Street and come here fast' [s](I guess 'my friend' here is a compliment according to some of you) [/s] I simply drove away and she started calling after after I had crossed the bridge towards 3MB. She sent text about reporting to Uber I just laughed and didn't reply. (maybe I should have called her prostitute grin).

Now after that first scenario happened accidentally, I then knew how the cancelation can work in my favour. What does it take for a rider to cancel; nothing but ego!

No, it hurts the rider too to cancel. Every time an Uber tried to charge me like that by hovering nearby for 5 minutes, I filed a dispute and always got my money back. That's overseas Sha

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
Chuwaa:

That IS a fact. They filled for bankruptcy as a result
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
Abi ooooo.

I hope he can now see that drivers aren't safe on this platform as riders.

Chuwaa:

That is the idealism.
IF is the operational word.
Empirical evidence shows that the needful is not being done and you are still arguing. Lol �

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
Chuwaa:

You are the one who should be bothered that your partner sees your safety as inconsequential.

And will not adopt very simple methods to secure or advance your safety on the job

If you think being a disposable throwaway piece of meat is something to feel smug over, be my guest. Employees of smaller companies than uber have better safety on the job than proud partners

Kapish that on your next journey into a dangerous area
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
Are riders not charged for cancelling?

Because I know I had someone tell me to cancel- which I ignorantly did and I got billed.

So, if a driver who doesn't want to go somewhere and well within his right too, fails to cancel. You somehow think the rider is being proud for not wanting to cancel?

Smh. May the best (con)man win...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
radautoworks:

And it's dishonest but apparently acceptable to you guys. So when a mechanic tells you he spent two days instead of one and a half I hope you won't complain
Na today?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
chigodo:

I told them to stop 3 UBER cars with those documents they mentioned and i will go my way . They couldn't. They said it is the driver they have business with and not me. Because driver was kinda scared.

They offered to book another uber for me. I refused. Told them I only trust the driving skills of this particular man.

One of them said this kind man dey put person for wahala.

Na so they free the man. Baba don call me taya to thank me.

This Lagos?. We die here!.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2019
pocohantas:

Yea, I think Orca believes it is that organised and perfect out there- but it isn't. Life has never been that straight forward anyway. There are lots of grey areas.

Drivers can easily be tracked, I can't say same for riders. That is why it is easier for riders to call out drivers on SM, with their pictures plastered everywhere.

Riders cannot be tracked with just that info

If I go under the bridge at Obalende, and I buy a SIM, register it with my address being in Gombe, then download the uber app, order for a ride and kidnap the driver..... How can Uber help the police with only that info?

I never see person wey dey argue blindly in a long while.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2019
pocohantas:
Are riders not charged for cancelling?

Because I know I had someone tell me to cancel- which I ignorantly did and I got billed.

So, it a driver who doesn't want to go somewhere and well within his right too, fails to cancel. You somehow think the rider is being proud for not wanting to cancel?

Smh. May the best (con)man win...

I am sure you will find the charges go up. Systems that penalize or fine you increase the fine each time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
radautoworks:

I don't think you guys are hearing us. We don't have a problem if you want to cherry pick. Just don't do it after signing a contract that addressed the exact situation. Nigerians will be told the conditions of a deal and will accept with the midset of re-negotiating after service or adhering only to the portions they like. That's why before we do anything work customer must sign estimate or email acceptance of estimate. One company did and still came back when payment was requested telling my staff they will be by to negotiate the bill. I took over the transaction and informed the company there is no negotiation after signing estimate and I would reject their repairs in the future. Na Kia Kia full payment remit. Mmmchew

Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't look for loopholes. I don't half commit to things. Either local man can or local man cannot. There is no local man cannot can.

If you signed the agreement posted above and know it doesn't work for you, find another platform.
I hope you can say that again if one of the killed drivers were to be someone dear to you, how can you compare our job with yours? Is there anything life threatening in your line of work? Drivers died because they went by the rules and didn't ask for/ couldn't reject trips to destinations they shouldn't have and you expect us not to learn from that all because of Ts and Cs.
Nigerian soldiers that ran away from boko haram in sambisa, was it in the contract they signed that they should run from insurgents?
I've carried uber staffs before and I asked for destination not even knowing they were staff, yet they didn't block me because my way of approach didn't warrant being blocked so I dont know why y'all are fighting the fight for uber, leave them let them chase us from their platforms if they're not satisfied with our level of professionalism, it's not in riders place to tell me to find another platform, is it ya platform? undecided

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
thelastorca:

You are the one who should be bothered that your partner sees your safety as inconsequential.

And will not adopt very simple methods to secure or advance your safety on the job

If you think being a disposable throwaway piece of meat is something to feel smug over, be my guest. Employees of smaller companies than uber have better safety on the job than proud partners

LMAO. IQ-EQ
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
thelastorca:

I am sure you will find the charges go up. Systems that penalize or fine you increase the fine each time.

It happened just once. The second time it happened was on Taxify and I didn't pay attention. Also, when I approached the destination, I understood the driver's reason, made me forget it faster. I think uber charged me N400, Lord knows whose coffers it went to- maybe the boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
peeps4u:
Abi ooooo.

I hope he can now see that drivers aren't safe on this platform as riders.

I think he has comprehension problems

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2019
izzou:

If I go under the bridge at Obalende, and I buy a SIM, register it with my address being in Gombe, then download the uber app, order for a ride and kidnap the driver..... How can Uber help the police with only that info?

I never see person wey dey argue blindly in a long while.

Let me take this again. If a phone is involved in the commission of a crime and police are called in, they can get the call records of the perpetrator from mtn or any other telco company. With the data from the line, be it location, numbers called , transactions, the user can be traced. This has been used to facilitate arrests in other cases.

We had an issue just like that where someone was making threatening calls to a member of staff.

It is just that our police will not prosecute crimes unless they are motivated.

Nothing you do in this digital age can be fully and completely hidden.
Every single thing you do with your phone is logged on your providers servers

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
thelastorca:

Let me take this again. If a phone is involved in the commission of a crime and police are called in, they can get the call records of the perpetrator from mtn or any other telco company. With the data from the line, be it location, numbers called , transactions, the user can be traced. This has been used to facilitate arrests in other cases.

We had an issue just like that where someone was making threatening calls to a member of staff.

It is just that our police will not prosecute crimes unless they are motivated.

Nothing you do in this digital age can be fully and completely hidden.
Every single thing you do with your phone is logged on your providers servers

I just gave you an example of buying a SIM, registering it with a wrong address, and downloading the app with data

No call log. No message log

How will that help the police track the rider?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2019
chigodo:

I told them to stop 3 UBER cars with those documents they mentioned and i will go my way . They couldn't. They said it is the driver they have business with and not me. Because driver was kinda scared.

They offered to book another uber for me. I refused. Told them I only trust the driving skills of this particular man.

One of them said this kind man dey put person for wahala.

Na so they free the man. Baba don call me taya to thank me.

This Lagos?. We die here!.
God bless you for helping the driver out, most riders will abandon driver when any slight challenge arises. The day I carried oride, LG touts stopped him and he wasn't with one of the documents they asked for so they removed his key. I sat there on the bike while rider was trying to sort it out with them. The touts did their best to make me come down so they could take the bike to their compound but I stood my ground and that saved the rider that day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
radautoworks:

That IS a fact. They filled for bankruptcy as a result

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
deedee44:

I hope you can say that again if one of the killed drivers were to be someone dear to you, how can you compare our job with yours? Is there anything life threatening in your line of work? Drivers died because they went by the rules and didn't ask for/ couldn't reject trips to destinations they shouldn't have and you expect us not to learn from that all because of Ts and Cs.
Nigerian soldiers that ran away from boko haram in sambisa, was it in the contract they signed that they should run from insurgents?
I've carried uber staffs before and I asked for destination not even knowing they were staff, yet they didn't block me because my way of approach didn't warrant being blocked so I dont know why y'all are fighting the fight for uber, leave them let them chase us from their platforms if they're not satisfied with our level of professionalism, it's not in riders place to tell me to find another platform, is it ya platform? undecided

If it's that dangerous then don't do it!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
izzou:

I [b]never see person wey dey argue blindly in a long while.
[/b]

Intellectual and emotional blindness. Smh

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2019
[quote author=radautoworks post=83632763]

If .

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2019
izzou:

I just gave you an example of buying a SIM, registering it with a wrong address, and downloading the app with data

https://www.mtnonline.com/privacy/
That is just the tip of the iceberg with respect to all the data available to your provider.

Do you realize your provider can track your movements and triangulate your location via your phone?

Why do you think vpns are popular? Because they are an attempt to hide your online history from your provider.

so You go to mtn and somehow enter a fake name, or address. don’t they have your fingerprint and your photo? You think they cannot match different fingerprints And photos in their database together?

The only thing stopping Uber from identifying riders is will.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2019
izzou:

You register on Uber with the number.. Uber sends you a text.. Uber Driver called you with the same number & you think no log?

Even the phone imei number you used the telco will have it, so disposing the sim & using that same phone with another sim.. You will still be tracked..
Well except you want to be throwing away sim & phones everyday..

Issue with naija police is just multivation to do thier job

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
pocohantas:

You know nothing grin
..........Jon snow grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chigodo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
[quote author=deedee44 post=83632679]
God bless you for helping the driver out,

Only a heartless man will walk away in that kind of situation.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
The bolded, isn't why drivers reject unfavourable trips. Their safety isn't guaranteed, their cars maintenance by the platform isn't guaranteed.

thelastorca:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
thelastorca:

You do not get it. This is not about idealism. This is simple technology. Remember all the noise about per second billing being impossible to implement? You think mtn had to buy new equipment to do it?

If the federal government is serious about sanctions , you will wake up tomorrow and your improperly registered lines will simply not work.

This is not about physically sealing someone’s house. This is just flipping a switch or issuing a command in a server.

Most of these features are baked into the system at launch, but not used.

You know the way a company’s it can lock out a user who has been sacked? Or a software license server can reject fake keys?
Even now, every activity on every sim in every telcos network is tracked and recorded and can be called up if required.

Regulating SIM cards is simply a matter of will from ncc. Of course if they go through with it, we may start to hear complaints from Nigerians

People have been caught for much less than car hijacking.
Nobody's saying it's not possible, what we're saying is it's not what it's supposed to be, so it's all driver for himself. You've been active since morning, no work?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
thebigkendo:

You register on Uber with the number.. Uber sends you a text.. Uber Driver called you with the same number & you think no log?

Even the phone imei number you used the telco will have it, so disposing the sim & using that same phone with another sim.. You will still be tracked..
Well except you want to be throwing away sim & phones everyday..

So the rider that called me (of which I supposedly kidnapped later) is now a log that can help the police?

Like someone said, if tracking people with phone numbers is that possible, kidnapping cases won't last a day in Nigeria

We have seen very rich people pay ransoms. You want to tell me the police was never "motivated"(whatever that means) enough?

Let's believe whatever we want. We are all entitled to it

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
thelastorca:

https://www.mtnonline.com/privacy/
That is just the tip of the iceberg with respect to all the data available to your provider.

Do you realize your provider can track your movements and triangulate your location via your phone?

Why do you think vpns are popular? Because they are an attempt to hide your online history from your provider.

so You go to mtn and somehow enter a fake name, or address. don’t they have your fingerprint and your photo? You think they cannot match different fingerprints And photos in their database together?

The only thing stopping Uber from identifying riders is will.

I like how you keep turning the tables to suit whatever you believe. It's really nice

That said, You are correct... If it makes you sleep very well tonight

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
Chuwaa:

You are just a big idealist with little realism. Now I get where you come from. If the telcos are doing wonderful with Sim registration and tracking and collaborating with relevant security bodies, why are kidnappers never caught.

LMAO at the thought of the car hijackers being caught because of uber.

Personally I have two lines. The second line I bought solely for browsing. MTN doubles any data I buy, it was supposed to be for three months, this is the 6th month, any day they stop the free data, I'll simply throw away the line. Imagine if am a rider.
Now for riders to get multiple Sims for nefarious activities on UBER simply shows you that there's no collaboration between the telcos and uber, nor with the security agencies because new lines can't work without registration and our fingerprints are supposed to be in a central database, but at each Sim registration, I can put any name I want knowing the the telcos are never going to crosscheck the bios.

Of course Uber permits multiple registrations for obvious reasons, and this at the expense of drivers' security/wellbeing.

Same with the telcos, if you present multiple IDs on the same set of prints their system knows, but they let you slide because they need the incremental custom. The day you commit a crime serious enough with that sim they will match your info and fish you out asap cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
thebigkendo:

It is just filtering of data. Become the subject of company investigation, and you will be weak at how much of your data they will filter out.

All these yahoo boys being arrested everyday, they also have multiple SIM cards.

If the network administrator in your office wants to he can spool out every single thing you have done on the net.

Don’t people get their lines blocked when Hollywood lawyers contact their ISPs to complain about torrenting activity?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.