Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,054 members, 7,832,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4811278 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) ... (5701) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2019
BAZ001:

This is Nigeria, where people feel entitled because they are paying for a service, they want to over use you.
if we all start telling stories you won't believe it
for examples

1. Rider asked me to come down and open her shop that the padlock is always hard. with command tune, had to do it.
2. Guy and babe asked me where dey can buy condom early morning, i took them to Pharmacy at Rita Lori, Surulere. guy brought out money dt i should go help buy condom. i said no ooh , d babe drop go buy am.
3. Guy in one hotel at Ikoyi asked me to go pick food at Awolowo road and bring to his hotel. no problem, brought the food got to the hotel and the next thing he called that i should bring to his Room up. Oga i just weak. (yeah d guy tipped me)
if i continue you will hear awkward stories.

Everyday na stories for this work, someday before I depart from my house I do wonder what I will experience

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 9:52am On Nov 01, 2019
radautoworks:

I never expect Uber drivers to help me with bags because I know they are not chauffers. They are private individuals giving people rides for a fee. Overseas they don't help you with bags and we don't expect them to. Some nice ones do but it's not part of the job description. Rider's protect their ratings there because no one will come carry you. I suggest you guys start doing the same if you're not already doing so. Rating can be seen BEFORE accepting the trip

I do help with luggages, it depends on your approach
Oversees some do help as well, it depends on approach

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 9:57am On Nov 01, 2019
calabardick:

Haba, wetin happen?
I have been having long pickups since morning and they all ended as useless trips.
So I had to quickly contact him that I won't be able to come that I am far from him and there also traffic to get to him( 15min ETA). No so he threaten me say "he will report me". NONSENSE!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 10:01am On Nov 01, 2019
Rubbiish:

Not only 2015 SUV, u also drive 2025 SUV? undecided
Nonsense!
Have u ever wondered why we are so different from white people??
Only in Nigeria u see poor people look down on profession and people richer than them.
Many uber drivers are the owners of the car they use, but these so called ill mannered girls have only one phone they use for their ashewo business.

I carried one lady, from the call she made I realised that ashewo are slaves.
They lease clothes, shoes and expensive phones.
The guy that gives them phone is at Ikeja, the girl was negotiating leasing iPhone for the weekend, the price was high and she had to call her friend that directed her to the guy.

I know a lady that rent a flat around Lekki, ashewo stay there and pay daily, just to tell a guy that she's staying in Lekki.
In a two bedroom flat they stay 10, she furnish the sitting room for them, while they stay five in a room with camp mattress.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 10:03am On Nov 01, 2019
tunlapapa:

I have been having long pickups since morning and they all ended as useless trips.
So I had to quickly contact him that I won't be able to come that I am far from him and there also traffic to get to him( 15min ETA). No so he threaten me say "he will report me". NONSENSE!

He's sick!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 10:05am On Nov 01, 2019
Cooladex:

Just imagine this.

Eyes have seen on this job.
Picked a girl at the place when I just started this job and took her to around studio24, she said don't end the trip o.
Entered her bf's tundra and zoomed off, without paying me my 400.
I chased them and waved d guy down. Told him his babe hasn't paid me, dude apologised and told her to pay me .
She started acting nice and transfered 1k5.
2mins later I got text from her saying "I am dumb and why would I do that"
That if her relationship crashes, she would deal with me. grin grin

Those are the hungry Lekki street girls, looking for who to bear their burden, God pass them.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 10:07am On Nov 01, 2019
emmancecute:
Was at pelican hotel around past 12am, got a request at globus supermarket to take her within chevyview. I had wanted to link chevyview estate from the back but saw a gate that barricaded chevyview off pelican which means I'd have to go all the way to igboefon to do a u-turn then head back to Chevyview. Called rider that I can't make the trip due to so and so reasons.... the picture showed what I got but me I don't slack to give the f^ck back

I know that road the map took you to, I had such experience but mine was Ikeja from there. I ended up going offline
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:27am On Nov 01, 2019
peeps4u:
It is obvious he loves the attention he gets. When we neglected his compatriot, the wolf seeking guy, despite desperately seeking for attention, he has stopped posting here. If we neglect his posts here and pay him no mind, he will drag himself out.

I can't be here bantering with dim-witted idiots like you.
Where is the time? I have a life.

Go get some.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2019
nitigriti:

I can't be here bantering with dim-witted idiots like you.
Where is the time? I have a life.

Go get some.

Bros isn't this harsh?
God will help us on this platform.

@uwemjack, da abadie?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2019
ndubuis:
If folks here stop quoting these low life CEOs" and stop giving them attention, I'm sure they will stop coming. I don't read the crap they've been spewing, they don't make sense to me. This is the only place I come to share my uber experience and feel the pulse of other partners that face the same hurdle as me, nothing more than that. I see a lot of narrow-minddedness in the way they reason, because it's impossible for them to think outside the box and put themselves in your shoes. It's a waste of time arguing with such people.

Yes, I'm sure this is a necessary trait to be a successful one. All the greats share this trait

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:37am On Nov 01, 2019
ndubuis:
If folks here stop quoting these low life CEOs" and stop giving them attention, I'm sure they will stop coming. I don't read the crap they've been spewing, they don't make sense to me. This is the only place I come to share my uber experience and feel the pulse of other partners that face the same hurdle as me, nothing more than that. I see a lot of narrow-minddedness in the way they reason, because it's impossible for them to think outside the box and put themselves in your shoes. It's a waste of time arguing with such people.

If only they stop paying them attention. Stop quoting or replying the CEOs let's move ahead!

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2019
Me I stopped expending energy on the argument but you guys need to take a look in the mirror for real. You accuse anyone opposing your view of being narrow minded etc but have You put yourselves in riders shoes too?

I listened to you guys and responded with facts to your side. Facts turned to emotional arguments. Then I shared with you the plight of a rider to which the response was GTFO.

You say you are running a business as a boss. Then maybe you should be receptive to constructive criticism from your customers. I have no dog in the fight as I've told you I don't use Uber in Nigeria. Any contributions here by me were strictly because i thought most of the dialogue was not constructive. After jumping in, it's easy to see why.

If any of you have followed me on NL you will see I regularly ask for constructive criticism and even post when we May not have been at our best. Just a thought.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:42am On Nov 01, 2019
calabardick:

Everyday na stories for this work, someday before I depart from my house I do wonder what I will experience

Some day?
Or everyday?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2019
Look guys, I respect myself; as everyone on this thread knows. Reading through my posts on Nairaland will show the same. But no one has the monopoly over shades and insults.

If anyone shades or insults me, I will reply in kind; maybe twice in kind.
The worst is I get banned. I will open another moniker and I will be here ... to reply every shade and insult twice in kind.

We can disagree; nothing has to get personal. When it gets personal, it shows we all, including myself, are not intelligent enough to argue.
So keep shading or insulting me; your reply awaits you.

Very simpu sturvs.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by damirex4real(m): 10:58am On Nov 01, 2019
*Happy New month everybody.... Please I currently need a car to work with.... I stay at [b][/b] yaba....I am on Bolt And Uber with Good rating...Thanks*
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:21am On Nov 01, 2019
calabardick:

Bros isn't this harsh?
God will help us on this platform.

@uwemjack, da abadie?

See where the idiot has been shading me and judge for yourself:
peeps4u:
If riders know that drivers aren't employees or staff of any ehailing platform, we will have less fights. Drivers are partners; they choose when to work and can reject trip which they perceive pose threats to them. They are not bound to accept all trips.

Infact, these companies know this fact, hence the need for surge to eñcourqge drivers to work during rainy days because they know many drivers will stay at home or reject those flooded areas.
The fact that uber owns the platform is why they have share from drivers' earnings, but the ownership of the platform doesn't give uber or any platform the privilege to dictate which trip a driver must accept

Let's be guided and educated please. [b]That " uber owns the platform, drivers are employees of uber/bolt.........." statement can only come from an uninformed mind who knows no difference between partnership and employment[/b]

And here:
peeps4u:
It is the ignorance that gives them such sense of entitlement. Only ignorance will make someone think drivers are employees of uber/bolt and as such can't reject trips.

They are pompous ignoramuses who dont know partnership isn't employment, but hide behind grammar to feign brilliance, they are on this thread, pay them no mind

And here:
peeps4u:

Even his compatriot, don't wanna dignify with name, has been saying "wolf" just to attract attention but I am impressed as no one has even considered him worthy of replies.
The way some people try yo coin words and use technicalities to justify wrongdoings is just weakening.

And here:
peeps4u:
Please, bosses, avoid wolf seeking guy who is looking for whom to devour, let him go seek for wolves elsewhere, probably in his village

Don't dignify hypocrite who tries to make u feel bad forming holiness while they do worse. I've long seen through him

Good day to both GOOD RIDERS AND GOOD DRIVERS,the bad ones should collect their greetings from the wolves in the forest.

And here:

peeps4u:
It is obvious he loves the attention he gets. When we neglected his compatriot, the wolf seeking guy, despite desperately seeking for attention, he has stopped posting here. If we neglect his posts here and pay him no mind, he will drag himself out.

SO WHAT DO YOU JUDGE?

I was the one that informed this thread that Uber and Bolt will not penalize a driver for cancellations until it reaches a threshold. The goat has been parroting it up and down the thread since.

When will he think up an original thought for himself?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 01, 2019
McFollywood:
Pls everybody...do I need to know Lagos roots and addresses before I could become Uber driver ? because I am new in Lagos and I will be there know nowhere ooo.
And also what and what do I need to know and to avoid so to be a successful Uber driver?
I am just planning to collect a car on hired purchase.

Pls friends your comments sirs/mas
No, you don't need to know Lagos routes that much. Be good at using Maps to navigate, learn how to ask questions when in doubt, be honest to riders about not knowing the route. Those that know where they are going will assist you. The Maps will lead you to your destination when rider is not sure. You will be good, don't be afraid. I am still not familiar with mainland routes. Trust me, I don't know the names of some places I have been to on the mainland. I simply use Maps to go to such places and use Maps to find my way out. On being successful on the job. Hardwork, patience and courage is all that is required, judging from my own experiences. The game is what you make it. Good luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 01, 2019
BAZ001:

Abeg what mtn plan is dt?
MTN knows how to take but not give back .
Pls if u don't mind share how u get double data

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2019
Finally the storm is over. Punches have been thrown, egos have been bruised and nothing achieved.
RINSE REPEAT.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pharod(m): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2019
Chuwaa:

I went change my Sim to 4G and they gave me double data for the 'new' Sim and added 500MB for downloading the MTN App. But my call was still on 11k per sec on Pulse bundle.

When I got the new line, also a 4G, it automatically came with yafu yafun bundle, they double the data and gives you mad credit bonus, but charge 75k per sec and text at 12 per page.
I focus on the data only.

Move over to mtn pulse and you are good. That's what I use for calls and data. Double data, 4G and cheap calls.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2019
Benefits of having your vehicle tinted as a DRIVERPRENEUR

1) It makes your vehicle look different from the pack

2) Driving feels more comfortable and less stressful due to the scorching weather we have here

3) It protects the interior of your vehicle from UV light damage

4) Your vehicle looks more luxurious thus more offline offers and hire.

5) Privacy

Contact me via whatsapp 08037350669 for Tinted window advice and processing.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
What a relief. Back to sensitive post.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
Luxurydriverng:
Benefits of having your vehicle tinted as a DRIVERPRENEUR

1) It makes your vehicle look different from the pack

2) Driving feels more comfortable and less stressful due to the scorching weather we have here

3) It protects the interior of your vehicle from UV light damage

4) Your vehicle looks more luxurious thus more offline offers and hire.

5) Privacy

Contact me via whatsapp 08037350669 for Tinted window advice and processing.

I'm interested to tint my coro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
adsmaster:
I want to share a story about a guy who does uber for a living like us. These guy came into Lagos last year, a pastor and was assigned as my zonal leade and I was to work directly under him.. He needed a place to stay a few weeks later reached out to me and I said sure you can move in with me.. He was struggling for a while, till he completed his DL registration and started these uber hustle. These was last year around August.
These guy has a wife a d daughter who are in the UK, he was there too with them briefly before he was sent back home because of fake papers that one so call agent did for him, he didn't know. He was to stay away for 10yrs before he can re-aply. It's over six years now and the little daughter he left behind in the UK is now over 6years old, when he left they just gave birth to her.

With these hustle he diligently gave his all, I watch him pay half of his school fees for Rome business school(2500€) pay hostel accommodation 550€, pay 250k to a financial or loan shark to lodge 5M in his account for a month, bought plane ticket, all with these uber hustle. It took a year plus to achieve these with these same hustle that people look with disdain.

These job is like a cash cow, that can be fattened(by putting more time, energy, into it) and slaughtered or milked when the time is right.

Now we have folks like izzou and others who are gradually pushing there's. Let's not be discourage brov, no matter the challenge, keep your eyes on the goal.......

That is some guy with a vision! I think what some of us lack here is information. For some, they have the drive and tenacity but without the right information, while some are just content with using uber to put food on the table which really shouldn't be.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2019
izzou:

Hackney and Commercial road worthiness are supposed to be for vehicles with Red plates.....unless them Don change am overnight

As for LASDRI, he will need to produce that if he isn't the owner of the vehicle
Baba lasdri na for truck, bus and all those categories...no be for cars ooo...cars na private na.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

You register on Uber with the number.. Uber sends you a text.. Uber Driver called you with the same number & you think no log?

Even the phone imei number you used the telco will have it, so disposing the sim & using that same phone with another sim.. You will still be tracked..
Well except you want to be throwing away sim & phones everyday..

Issue with naija police is just multivation to do thier job

This is the reason kidnapping has been on the rise, whenever kidnappers call the family of their victims, they get tracked down and arrested immediately. IT CHECKED OUT
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shaklisco(m): 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
dru23:

Am going to address this for the last time.. Am a business man first. Before I give any car out ,I have to interview you and feel comfortable with you .... In the past I dealt with crazy drivers, I had to lock some up ,some even owe me money till now, a lot of them took my kindness for weakness.. Let me give u an example, I spoke to a uber driver on this forum, he said he needs a car .. I called him spoke to him got his whatapps etc .. I now send him the picture of the cars via whatapps.. The guy never reply me till now to say yes or No. And am aware that he read my message.. I didnt get any feedback from this person at all ..meaning he didn't send me ..which is ok ,a lot of people don't know how to build good network .. Some feel that I own them something, I don't owe nobody poo but respect, you respect me I respect you...
And from my experience, I believe that Nigerians are their own worse enemy..... This is a tough business that we are in ,you just have to shine your eyes.. I choose my drivers carefully, I dont have to do oga on top etc .. When u see me trust me you getting the real deal ....
sir,don't let ungrateful people stop you from helping those that really need help,sir I need a job and I can drive very well,I will really appreciate car rental or HP for Uber,God bless you more. Here is my WhatsApp number 08054597967.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mayowa94: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I couldn’t agree more Sir.

I took one trip to “gate” in Ibadan and 10,000 wild horses can’t drag me back. It was a totally chaotic and unorganized mad house.
Good day sir, do you work in Ibadan?
if yes please I want to know how profitable is taxify in Ibadan

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
izzou:

You keep arguing back and forth like you're in the game.... Like you were ever in the game. Haba

I don't know your area of expertise, but I wouldn't argue with you when you speak if I have no real life knowledge about it.... But in your case, you keep assuming and assuming. Not fair

I have hung out with drivers countless times at Chevron, VI, Allen, Ikeja GRA and others. I can't count how many times I've slept in a car. Drivers die... Not one, not two, not five sef. I know a driver in a whatsapp group that was killed at Oshodi. We even contributed in the group to assist him wife.

Stop arguing about what you've never experienced. This job is very risky at night. People who drive their cars alone at night are robbed and kidnapped, how much more someone picking up somebody he doesn't know

Bros I beg save your precious energy. You guys should know when to call it quit. You won give brick wall sense?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
mrjaydee:

I'm interested to tint my coro

Chat me up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
adsmaster:

Rental bro...... As a matter of fact he brought me into the game when I was having issues at my place of work and needed a new landing pad before relaunching...

He remits 30k and has always been Consistent,no Saks as a matter of fact he drive on uber platform. His target is 20k, yes 20kper day and he has 95% success rate in achieving that figure every day of the week. He said its mindset when I asked him how he does it, he said once you focus your mind, it becomes easy to hit it, nature will find a way to bring it your way. Please don't take away the fact that he puts in the time, lots of it if need be.

He is leaving for Italy on Saturday. He is going to school.he enrolled for a masters program in Rome business school, so with the one year visa in Italy his wife and kid will come to visit and spend time with him while he works on a strategy to settle down in any parts of Europe.

So it's possible to achieve it, that which you have set for yourself that requires finance from these hustle all you got to do is put in the work

Please its stories like this we should bury our heads in to remind us of where we're heading, and not mindless arguments about CEO' this or CEO' that.

Bros where you dey all this while, you mean to say you have this kind tory, na him you keep am to yourself?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
deedee44:

Motivation is the word bro, and focus as your friend rightly said. I don't see any better motivation than a mission to reunite with your family. I'm happy he made it and wish him best of luck in the next phase of his life's journey

Some people will see it as an excuse to start complaining on how their village people has caught up with them.

This guy played his life like a chess game. He found himself at a tight spot, instead if whining and complaining, he looked for the next best move.

House, please adsmaster has given us an opportunity to change the tone of this forum. Please let's seize it.

@adsmaster this your guy must have been a motivation to you?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) ... (5701) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), ReadaDream(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.