Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,065 members, 7,859,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:05 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2054) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4875269 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nayo10(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
Good day guys, I wanted to know if it is still possible to move to Ogun state and still be doing taxify or uber. Recently got a new job but I don't want to quit the e-hailing business. Thank you for your advice and time
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
ajoks533:

If only you can guide me on your routine... I promise I will make more than this.

Anyways, we need to relate if you don't mind. I really need to be grounded on some good routines before I hit the road. Hope you wouldn't mind giving me some guides.

Am inspired
Someone shared earlier that you need to be in places where you can get short trips and hope for fewer long trips.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
No, I was sincerely commending him.

Gentlelife50:

Lol, u wan start again??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
tunlapapa:

Someone shared earlier that you need to be in places where you can get short trips and hope for fewer long trips.

Yeah... I saw the post, just that am learning the trade. No registrations done yet and no car. Just an apprentice in this line.
Just want to learn from the successful elders in the business and also take corrections from the misfortunes of the unlucky ones.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
tunlapapa:

You can't really calculate it that way since 65k of that net was on 3% service fee. That's the good about Uber over taxify AT THE MOMENT (non is dependable)

Very true sir. I didn't think of it that way.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
dannybrasky:

My Sunday seems boring already,thanks for the invite,I don carry one bottle of origin with calculator as it would be needed baba.
Another war is about to start,so I say .....

Resist the devil angry grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dannybrasky(m): 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
radautoworks:

Resist the devil angry grin
Madam Rad,thanks for the reminder grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2019
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
OmoOshodi:
grin

Wawu!
Eleyi gidigan o!
Welldone baba
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
franksam2009:
boss I see nothing wrong with what she said though, and there's nothing wrong with being a taxi driver(after all it's not a permanent hustle) but if you are ashamed of being one then QUIT!!

reason her statement from another angle and you won't find it offensive(although she's wrong for texting you after you guys must hv spoken on phone) but since you found it insulting there's nothing wrong with replying her insult but slut-shaming a person is really bad ok,
Don't judge anyone for we humans are all HYPOCRITES
oga, I don't regret replying her that way and I 'll do it over again. If you don't see anything wrong it, that's your opinion. I have mine.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
What a day! After church today I decided to rest at home till later in the day.

Me: woke up feeling refreshed, came online and first request with 1.6 surge grin. Called rider

Rider: (female) WHERE ARE YOU?
Me: Good afternoon
Rider: WHERE ARE YOU OGA??
me: I'm about 3mins to your location
Rider: HURRY UP (hangs the phone)
Me: drives down to her location

Rider: HAVE SEEN YOU, REVERSE AND ENTER MY GATE
Me: Okay ma. As soon as she enters.

Me: May I start the trip?
Rider: starts crying.

To cut long story short, her wedding was on Saturday but her fiance/husband didn't show up at the wedding.

She was depressed and suicidal. I tried my best to give her some motivational talks and cheer her up.

Las las she gave me my biggest Tip I have ever seen.

Morale of the story.

We drivers should try as much as to be patient with riders especially the aggressive ones. They may be going thru stuff. Just relax and be professional. The said babe just linked me to someone I have been meaning to meet. Just look at God!
Stay safe brothers.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2019
where you?
Hurry
see you
Oya Reverse
enter
park
Cry cry baby

Why the poor guy no go run away

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dannybrasky(m): 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
Conner44:
where you?
Hurry
see you
Oya Reverse
enter
park
Cry cry baby

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 11:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
mrjaydee:

Me: woke up feeling refreshed, came online and first request with 1.6 surge grin. Called rider

To cut long story short, her wedding was on Saturday but her fiance/husband didn't show up at the wedding.

She was depressed and suicidal. I tried my best to give her some motivational talks and cheer her up.

Morale of the story.

We drivers should try as much as to be patient with riders especially the aggressive ones. They may be going thru stuff. Just relax and be professional. The said babe just linked me to someone I have been meaning to meet. Just look at God!
Stay safe brothers.

Wow , I wish God grants her peace of mind!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CaptainMitch: 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
Stalker
ornicus:

and this is how you create well planned distraction during monthly performance presentation. issokay ooo angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seyosci: 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
Thanks for sharing this scenario and yes a valid concern.

The driver doesn't have to "cajole" the rider.

We will direct traffic to the rider to be aware of this.

And honestly, if a rider has a bad day, hopefully scanning a QR Code to get a reward brightens their mood

Crvrider:

Remind us again how the thing works? Is the driver suppose to cajole the rider to scan this qr code, if so that means the driver is responsible for doing the bulk of the work?

I am just trying to imagine a rider who's day has been pretty rough, and here I am trying to tell them to scan some qr code.

Some drivers here complain that the business is getting tough by the day, considering haven to deal with some unruly riders. bros, this your qr code can make person chop unwarranted slap o!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seyosci: 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2019
Thank you for your question

We will provide the driver a QR Code and they can display it in a way that's best for them

The fee per scan is currently worked on as the concept is new.

Do you have suggestions on how to display the QR Code in the vehicle?

Luxurydriverng:

How do you display the codes in the vehicle? What is the fee per scan?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 5:55am On Nov 04, 2019
Now this is when Uber will lose some drivers and end up losing trips/riders(riders will have to wait longer cos of fewer drivers online at the moment and the impatient ones will use the alternative).
We are stylishly back to the era of 25% and drivers will continue to groan in pains for the there is nothing they can do(no union).

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 6:00am On Nov 04, 2019
tunlapapa:

It was the other person that motivated me as I never really bothered. The reason is just that the more I drive, the more repairs I make on the vehicle.
This is what I intend doing tomorrow on the vehicle but it has been an impending fault but high usage during the week brought it beyond manage.

Gentle Paulo na correct guy grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2019
tunlapapa:
Now this is when Uber will lose some drivers and end up losing trips/riders(riders will have to wait longer cos of fewer drivers online at the moment and the impatient ones will use the alternative).
We are stylishly back to the era of 25% and drivers will continue to groan in pains for the there is nothing they can do(no union).

Abeg make una stay for una lane, taxify form don finish grin I think Indrive still have form grin Uber drivers should stick to dem to thick and tin, loyalty is important in business.

Traffic ooo... 3MB!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2019
mrjaydee:

Morale of the story.

Stay safe brothers.

What a bad experience. I wonder why some men do that. I guess it is mostly a deliberate act to disgrace the Lady, but it is an extremely wicked act. If only they know that act could lead some ladies to suicide.

May God help her and you also for at least lightening her load with encouragement.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:15am On Nov 04, 2019
dru23:

Well maybe you can join the female doing massage work.. But the female can make 100k with an extra happy incentive... for you I don't know how much u can make if you throw in " happy ending " incentive... we all have choices to make either way .. Am not here to Judge anyone ... keep in mind not all money is good money
Find me client that wants happy ending na grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 9:30am On Nov 04, 2019
Hmmm! This can only happen by this time of the day with the help of almighty surge.
Abeg let me take my car for repairs as earlier planned.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2019
Conner44:
where you?
Hurry
see you
Oya Reverse
enter
park
Cry cry baby

Did you read what he said? Got his biggest tip and the lady linked him up with someone he's been longing to see in a while.

She might not be that bad, probably the guy chickened out.

I thought things like this happened only in the movies. But then again, movies are a % of reality.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:42am On Nov 04, 2019
seyosci:
Thanks for sharing this scenario and yes a valid concern.

The driver doesn't have to "cajole" the rider.

We will direct traffic to the rider to be aware of this.

And honestly, if a rider has a bad day, hopefully scanning a QR Code to get a reward brightens their mood

@the bolded. How do you plan on doing this?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2019
fasa199:
Does Uber and Bolt give riders orientation of asking

WHERE ARE YOU?? in a commanding tone

What ever happened to is this (name) I’m at (name of street and no)
Most annoying thing is they'll wait for you to call and throw the stupid question at you before you can state the reason you're calling

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bambarino: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2019
This 30 trips weak me o....i no go lie

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2019
tunlapapa:

Now this is where I draw the curtains. Your post motivated me chase 100k but I couldn't cos of too much waiting time on Saturday and I never worked beyond 6pm daily.

Boss, well-done, pls a quick one. Do you use current or savings account to get your payment from uber.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 10:37am On Nov 04, 2019
northbird:

Boss, well-done, pls a quick one. Do you use current or savings account to get your payment from uber.
I learnt you can use both but i use current.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2019
tunlapapa:

I saw it this morning.
Wey i don dey happy say throughout my time on uber na 3% i go dey.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 04, 2019
tunlapapa:
Hmmm! This can only happen by this of the day with the help of almighty surge.
Abeg let me take my car for repairs as earlier planned.

Chai!
Wey i just finish one trip since 6am ( Maryland to ikoyi) and uber con dey give me 2200 naira for 2 hours ride.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigdam(m): 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
Experienced Uber taxify driver needed , must stay on the mainland ogudu,ikeja, Berger , ogba etc, Toyota corrolla ,security deposit 08132492726

(1) (2) (3) ... (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Jakpajohnss(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.