Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,532 members, 7,830,574 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4803735 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2019
tojahh:

Oluwatosingrin

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2019
izzou:

grin grin grin

Avoid Uche

The guy na only to block account him sabi

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogbuefi677(m): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
Rubbiish:

My brother, it is better to have half bag of foreign rice than a full bag of local rice. Stones no go let u chop the rice.
Stop misinforming people.
In the 19yrs I started living alone,I've never encountered stone in the rice I cook.Just small chaff you can decant with the water while washing the rice.
Maybe you buy d cheapest of the cheap,sourced from where they use mortar and trays to mill and destone.
Destoning with d latest destoning machine is n200 for a 25kg and n300 for a 50kg.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
Ocar app no Dey work for iPhone which kind app be this one??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
tojahh:

Uber just lost its license in the UK yesterday because they couldn't work with existing laws.
Especially suspended drivers using another account or that of a friend. So you see, this insincerity is everywhere and unlike the UK government, ours is tantamount to a pussy cat before a tiger in a race.

They've been having issues in the UK since the dawn of the year i think.
Elders, please let us be cautious and wary : one mobtop requested me on taxify this evening 6.30pm at Eputu while i was looking to get out.
He called to ask where i was ,where we were headed (Eleganza,Eleko) and the car i drive (if its a Corolla), he cancelled on me immediately i told him to check his App for my car features.
With that stunt, i knew he was probably expecting a Toyota Corolla.
Local man don blow empty go Ajah pack passengers heading towards Oshodi. I go drop them for Anthony, enter house.

Abeg who don get alert from Taxify?
Dem still dey hold my money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2019
ogbuefi677:

Stop misinforming people.
In the 19yrs I started living alone,I've never encountered stone in the rice I cook.Just small chaff you can decant with the water while washing the rice.
Maybe you buy d cheapest of the cheap,sourced from where they use mortar and trays to mill and destone.
Destoning with d latest destoning machine is n200 for a 25kg and n300 for a 50kg.
How am i misinforming people?
Whether cheap or not is there any foreign bag of rice u will find stones? Answer me??
Go through NL and see countless complains about our local rice having so much stones, am i the only one complaining? This is my first time of buying local rice and i was really disappointed. I won't mention the name of the brand, but it wasn't cheap

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2019
Freshprince91:

Elders, please let us be cautious and wary : one mobtop requested me on taxify this evening 6.30pm at Eputu while i was looking to get out.
He called to ask where i was ,where we were headed (Eleganza,Eleko) and the car i drive (if its a Corolla), he cancelled on me immediately i told him to check his App for my car features.
Local man don blow empty go Ajah pack passengers heading towards Oshodi. I go drop them for Anthony, enter house.

Wisdom is profitable to direct. Seem I will be doing name and face for my riders o. Installing of dash can could be what we should work on because on this hustle, we are on our own.

CC. Tyche. Dash cam Installation and training

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2019
Cooladex:

Are you serious about this or you're just joking?
I'm pretty sure you ain't a driver.
A trip of over 2hours will show 900, you ll do review and taxify would respond the second day, after you have collected 900 from rider.
All they would keep telling you is they would compensate you. You know how many times I've heard that.
Who lacks integrity here?
Abeg I no wan hear that word again.

If the trip fails, use the estimate from the rider’s app and do + or - depending on the traffic conditions.

Then do a review. Deliberately not reviewing and collecting the estimate from the rider’s app is cheating.

People don’t see it as cheating though. They see it as ‘God catch you’ because you lots are too vindictive.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enano2baba(m): 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2019
Freshprince91:

Just got credited few minutes ago
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
radautoworks:

That's for USA. It means it covers parts only and does not cover abuse
updated thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
tojahh:

Wisdom is profitable to direct. Seem I will be doing name and face for my riders o. Installing of dash can could be what we should work on because on this hustle, we are on our own.

CC. Tyche. Dash cam Installation and training

Good one Chief.

A quick question; Why would a driver choose us among many other providers available?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2019
donfortune48:

Eherbal is rude and he won't even deny it. He doesn't claim to be what he's not bro.

If you ask him, he will even tell you that his Left testicle is naturally rude.
lols grin.im not rude in real life bro.its an online alter ego.i just can't stand proud and arrogant peeps.no matter your pedigree.be humble. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.why the pride?unto what end?las las na worms get us all in the end.im sorry for my unguarded outburts.,but we all have to accept that's it's hard to ignore some unknown persons ridiculing your hustle.its really hard.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2019
ajoks533:

Some clear points were hit at and are left for the person they were directed at to take proper actions.

To the best of my knowledge, those points are the genesis of all these arguments. I believe if he has gotten the experiences he is trying to make us believe, then he should allow us have a feel of those experiences through his responses and approach to matters here.

Many people come here and become the dream characters they wished they could be, but never had the opportunity to become in real life and we just allow and over look them.

However, when you politely insult, look down or spite other people's struggles and source of income, you definitely should accept whatever will come your way.

Not that I am justifying what eherbal is doing or saying, but it was expected and he is the first and might not be the last to come after the person who is trying to rubbish their line of hustle.
God bless you bro.im really shocked at izzou's eye service.he's fallen for the guys guile and lies.such a pity.my guy for that matter undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2019
izzou:

No vex abeg

But did you see the part where eherbal first mentioned him and insulted him?

Or that one isn't rude to you?

Cumulative idiocy of the former is what was addressed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
Epphy:

Bro, tojahh quoted you and asked for help as regards projects. Something that will make him stop taking instructions 'to turn from left to right', but you ignored.

Nitigriti has promised to help with correct opportunity. You can do same instead of insulting people's hustle here.

Remember that a stupid driver like me, or wise ones like tojahh or izzou and others could be of help to you tomorrow on other premises (not with wheels). I don't know if eherbal would be willing to have dealings with you though ; grin
the only dealings I will be having with him is taking out his front teeth.lol grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
ornicus:

In all honesty, would you engage people whose capacity or competence you have no knowledge of when you have people you are already working with?
you can't help anyone bro cause you don't have the capacity to.its very simple.stop these lies.come down from your high ladder or leave us be here with our struggles.we'll sure break even one day, thanks smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
eherbal:
you can't help anyone bro cause you don't have the capacity to.its very simple.stop these lies.come down from your high ladder or leave us be here with our struggles.we'll sure break even one day, thanks smiley

You are absolutely correct smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
izzou:

The only information Bolt has is a phone number... Almost next to nothing

Let these guys ask riders to give more personal details. If Europe needs only phone number to register, Nigeria needs much more than that

Imagine taking a man's life for 2004 corolla (15 years old car)

And somehow some people aguement is you have to go anywhere a rider request or leave the platform even though the platform give you the leaway to excise that right withing a certain limit. Tipical Nigeria things. It has to happen first before they act. A pothole has to tumble a tanker ór contena first before it is recognised as a pot hole. One has to blow up a pipeline and make all sorts of threats with AK47 first before the government calls you to the table and offers peanuts of the national cake cos doing it peacefully labels you a terrorist and lands you in jail. The young man just lost his life while hussling and all the so called partners has is a phone number... But what do I know? The young man obviously dint press the SOS botton cos if he was given the chance to the police would have been there withing 5minute. All he has to do was wait or maybe stall the guys for 5minute. Like someone said 15 years old car for a Life and some people feel once you you are on the platform you have know right whatsoever to refuse any trip. I leave around badagry and 5am at festac where I log on and got a request almost immediately. Rider called and said he was heading to badagry where I was driving from. Withing me I said not on Uber platform even though that where I reside for the now. Politely told rider I cant and am very sure am not the first person to have told him that. Going to badagry that morning means I am definitely blowing back empty for sure till I get back to festac cos Uber coverage area starts from tradefair under bridge. A driver has so much details with the our so called partners and all they have about the rider is just a phone number that might even be stolen. God help us in this country cos at the end that what we always say. All drivers be guided... You don't like the rider contenance or destination decline. The gateman opens the gate and you are ask to drive in... Decide if you want to or not. At the end of the day it all bout you. Most of this our partners rules and regulations are meant for sane eviroments even at that they still encounter issues. This guys are here to make money and will exploit every loophole given to them. Use your brain wisely. We don't want to loose anyone on this huslling again please. Decline if you must.

24 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
skillip:
@Ornicus, I must commend you so far in one way or the other, however with all your Corporate experience I do not expect you to keep dragging issues here with Eherbal at all. Imagine if your kids could see how you do this time and again (pardon me for the mention). I expect you to overlook this guy and bring something better to the table, I remember one guy talking about E.I (Emotional intelligence) here. That is what I want to see from you going forward, a handful of us have same corporate experience BUT rarely mention it.

Besides, if you do not know a person's experience, nothing is wrong by giving them a chance for a start, Las las it is either a Yes/no.

Please sheath your sword abeg. Tojahh wants to learn/work give him a shot.

@Eherbal, Otoge ! I know you are quite busy that is why when you are free you quote him thereby dragging us backwards. You have almost same "working experience" just like him however in a different industry,

Let's us be civil and bring positive vibes and experience here not all this "Royal Rumble" . E don do abeg. This is a faceless forum, if Seun had not opened or restricted people to any topic, why do all this ? I weak for una 2 sha.
God bless the parents that raised you.blessed are the peace makers for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. I hear and comply.im starting to get tired anyways.kinda wasting my leave away.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
donfortune48:

A DStv installer.
You can contact him for your installations.
Xmas is almost here and he might be running some promo.

Are you being condescending here or you are actually running an advert for the dstv guy?

Like I said we are all hypocrites.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
kodred:

Cumulative idiocy of the former is what was addressed.
see response of empirical values.respect earned sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
fasa199:
Ocar app no Dey work for iPhone which kind app be this one??

China and USA are fighting over Huawei and iPhone.
It could be the reason.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2019
kodred:

If the trip fails, use the estimate from the rider’s app and do + or - depending on the traffic conditions.

Then do a review. Deliberately not reviewing and collecting the estimate from the rider’s app is cheating.

People don’t see it as cheating though. They see it as ‘God catch you’ because you lots are too vindictive.

I have picked riders severally and they insisted they 'll pay what is showing on the app.
So I should drag there cloths and ?
You lots?....Pls take a seat.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2019
Rubbiish:

My brother, it is better to have half bag of foreign rice than a full bag of local rice. Stones no go let u chop the rice.
na learning process we dey.we'll get there one day.rember Rome?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
eherbal:
na learning process we dey.we'll get there one day.rember Rome?
You are right boss
I like it when people say true state of things and advocate for improvement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2019
ncnerio:

And somehow some people aguement is you have to go anywhere a rider request or leave the platform even though the platform give you the leaway to excise that right withing a certain limit. Tipical Nigeria things. It has to happen first before they act. A pothole has to tumble a tanker ór contena first before it is recognised as a pot hole. One has to blow up a pipeline and make all sorts of threats with AK47 first before the government calls you to the table and offers peanuts of the national cake cos doing it peacefully labels you a terrorist and lands you in jail. The young man just lost his life while hussling and all the so called partners has is a phone number... But what do I know? The young man obviously dint press the SOS botton cos if he was given the chance to the police would have been there withing 5minute. All he has to do was wait or maybe stall the guys for 5minute. Like someone said 15 years old car for a Life and some people feel once you you are on the platform you have know right whatsoever to refuse any trip. I leave around badagry and 5am at festac where I log on and got a request almost immediately. Rider called and said he was heading to badagry where I was driving from. Withing me I said not on Uber platform even though that where I reside for the now. Politely told rider I cant and am very sure am not the first person to have told him that. Going to badagry that morning means I am definitely blowing back empty for sure till I get back to festac cos Uber coverage area starts from tradefair under bridge. A driver has so much details with the our so called partners and all they have about the rider is just a phone number that might even be stolen. God help us in this country cos at the end that what we always say. All drivers be guided... You don't like the rider contenance or destination decline. The gateman opens the gate and you are ask to drive in... Decide if you want to or not. At the end of the day it all bout you. Most of this our partners rules and regulations are meant for sane eviroments even at that they still encounter issues. This guys are here to make money and will exploit every loophole given to them. Use your brain wisely. We don't want to loose anyone on this huslling again please. Decline if you must.

Nice one boss, today have been somehow for me (Tyre deflated when descending eko bridge), so down to quote, but dis ur message woke me. On sat I got a request;

Me: Good day ma, I got a request from you blah blah blah
Rider: Yes, use the app to locate me
Me: OK ma, where r u going?

She cut the on me, I just gently end the trip after 3 mins with no fuss. She called back, I ask who's dis and cut d phone before she respond. The thing really get to her, dat she kept calling to air her mind, I just place her on busy... I hope she find solace in d msg she sent, cos d msg only crack me up.

I've been thinking of the best way to approach this business dis season, not just ready to massage any1 ego.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2019
Isn't this what is done and you said they're cheating?

You still want people to do estimation even she the estimate price might not come up instantly, leaving the drivers at loss because taxify will deduct their commission from the new estimated value despite the riders paying lesser amount.

kodred:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2019
Cooladex:

I have picked riders severally and they insisted they 'll pay what is showing on the app.
So I should drag there cloths and ?
You lots?....Pls take a seat.

I once got a request in ajao estate. Rider was going to fester.
Spent almost 2hrs before getting to FESTAC, ended trip and saw #500. And taxify said I should collect #300.

I started explaining to rider that the trip failed, so we should use the estimate. He said no that he's paying #300. Said the trip did not fail, that he's on promo.
We argued till I almost got tired. Yet, he insisted on paying what he saw.

I got angry and started raising my voice. was ready to fight him cos I felt he's being wicked. He was putting on an ear ring (seems gay).

When he noticed that I'm not taking it, he started begging me with #500 that he doesn't have money. Said he was actually banking on the promo cos he used a promo code before making the request.

I ended up collecting #500.

Should I have such experience again and rider agrees to pay the estimated amount, I shouldn't make up for the lost money by not reviewing??

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2019
ornicus:

Another Kabu kabu blogger. Smarter people than you are asking what role i would play in AEC, you are talking Dstv installer. I thought you nimrods were yapping about dignity in labour? So you are all hypocrites after all who look down On artisans and technicians ? Interesting. cheesy tongue

You think ornicus is my first nairaland id? Use Your empty head, so a real search, and you will figure it out. As it is I may end up deactivating again, as I did before. Most of the value of this place went out the window from 2011 down.
Is it me or this guy really said this? Is it me or he truly sounds like a certain labourer?
Guys, please stop gifting this dude your @10tion. We are here to encourage each other in this hustle. Disregard every @empt @ derailing this thread

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
pope191:

Nice one boss, today have been somehow for me (Tyre deflated when descending eko bridge), so down to quote, but dis ur message woke me. On sat I got a request;

Me: Good day ma, I got a request from you blah blah blah
Rider: Yes, use the app to locate me
Me: OK ma, where r u going?

She cut the on me, I just gently end the rider after 3 mins with no fuss. She called back, I ask who's dis and cut d phone before she respond. The thing really get to her, dat she kept calling to air her mind, I just place her on busy... I hope she find solace in d msg she sent, cos d msg only crack me up.

I've been thinking of the best way to approach this business dis season, not just ready to massage any1 ego.

The best answer to this message is ....OK.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
kodred:

I remember someone here shared how he took a rider from Lekki to MM2 and the trip showed #500. The lady paid him #500

I could go on and on, but I don't think you really understand the plight of this business

I have had riders who never paid me till today. Bolt told me there's nothing they can do. That's why I stopped looking for trips at Fela shrine

As long as there's no means to retrieve the cash from crazy riders, that issue will keep happening

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
QuitNotice:
Is it me or this guy really said this? Is it me or he truly sounds like a certain labourer?
Guys, please stop gifting this dude your @10tion. We are here to encourage each other in this hustle. Disregard every @empt @ detailing this thread

Are you suggesting he's that our MAX-keke driver at obalende?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.