Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4767493 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2019
Another trip on Indriver, does it make sense? I won't pay commission.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
peeps4u:
Just reply him with "k"
It is better that way.

Bolt fails to fix their apps failure but one holier than thou thinks drivers should bear the loss for the bolt's ineptitude.

They should fix their app. Not like drivers are trying to bypass their apps estimation.

"K" SIR

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
oblozzolawrence:

SIR... i jus dy read ur writeup dy laugh here since...bolt won't be in bizness my foot....i tink yhu are definitely thinking outside d fence cos yhu are obviously not a driver...now wit all dis app deficiencies, yhu go buy fuel for motto, abi na water yhu go take dy carry riders.....
After den lastman, roadsafety, vio, police, local govt tout...like my brother felicity001 wey jus lose 11k dis afternoon OR my brother freshprince wey lastman nack him 20k...den to sum it up app con join d matter...end of d day hw much yhu tink say person go carry go ouse......obviously yhu no dy tink abt dat one...cos ur tinking dy one sided...advocating for bolt like say na ur papa company...if bolt lockup today OCAR dy.....abi yhu dy tink say drivers jus like to loss make bolt dy gain...drivers on rentals no go remit to dier partners abi....pls try for once and be realistic wit ur thoughts of reasoning...people dat are on the job wit real experience are trying to explain to yhu bt instead yhu wanna kip advocating for bolt.
I go with the young man, bro. I do bolt alone, not until ocar came. Plus and minus, bolt pays more, compared to others, even with those uncertainties.
I have never tried to outsmart them, but I always gained more than my friends both on uber alone and those combining both. Now they have all joined me. Integrity says if you can't take the heat, leave the kitchen. You filled the form; its either you follow the rules of engagement or you back off!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
Freshprince91:

Na every morning wey i wake up i dey curse that ugly man wey arrest me for that TBS road.
Despite my pleading and gentle disposition towards him, him still carry me go Olowu collect 20k for offence wey i still dey find am hard to believe say i commit.
My guy no b small tin if it hasn’t happened to u you won’t know how it feels or how fast it happens. The strategic position they stay is the most annoying thing else I wouldn’t have stopped at all but d slow moving traffic have them the advantage.
Anyways, that was the first and will be the very last any body will reap me off again in Lagos. Enough!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
QuitNotice:
I go with the young man, bro. I do bolt alone, not until ocar came. Plus and minus, bolt pays more, compared to others, even with those uncertainties.
I have never tried to outsmart them, but I always gained more than my friends both on uber alone and those combining both. Now they have all joined me. Integrity says if you can't take the heat, leave the kitchen. You filled the form; follow the rules of engagement or back off.
"K" sir

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
Felicity001:

My guy no b small tin if it hasn’t happened to u you won’t know how it feels or how fast it happens. The strategic position they stay is the most annoying thing else I wouldn’t have stopped at all but d slow moving traffic have them the advantage.
Anyways, that was the first and will be the very last any body will reap me off again in Lagos. Enough!!!
Sorry baba embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
oblozzolawrence:

"K" sir
Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
Freshprince91:

Kodred, are you a moral high priest authority or you're a Taxify agent using this space as a cover?
You need to drive on this Bolt platform to feel our plight. It happened to me yesterday at Dolphin estate, ikoyi from 1004 estate, at the end of the trip , fare reads 300 naira. I asked what the estimate was and she said 600 -900 naira, before i could mutter a word to explain why i need to do a fare review, she jumped out of the car and claimed its her lucky Monday.
So tell me what you'll do in such situation.
My guy chill, most times in life you accept what it throws at you.
You need to understand some persons are opportunist and inhuman and some, considerate and human.
What I do is I explain to the person in calm and pitiable tune, but if h/s still refuses and it’s a cas trip? My brother move on, ur own luck will also meet you someday.
I just dropped off a rider, we did 6.5km plus a stop at sky cinemas ajah before processing to destination. End of trip 8h, lucky for me trip was a card payment I quickly reviewed and bolt were glad to even increased it to 1500 instead of the 1200 I estimate.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
oblozzolawrence:

Sorry baba embarassed
Thanks bros. The funny thing is the rider asked me to send the bill with my account details, since that morning till now Baba never run am for him boy. The last time I call am he said he was busy I told him to take his time since he’s busy.

If he doesn’t send it before 5pm I’ll call him again and wait till say 9pm. And if Baba no gree send my 2k (which is from Coker rd, illupeju to that Sura area) me I’ll just leave him for Karma to take his course.

I’m on rental I believe God will give me a good trip to make up for the lost in 4fold so I can give owner of car her money for the week being the first week with owner because I hate telling stories as excuses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
Gentlelife50:
Another trip on Indriver, does it make sense? I won't pay commission.

Just checked some of the features of indrivers and I wonder why a lot of drivers don't patronize or promote it

1. Company commission is 0% for first 6 months. After that, 5-10 %
2. The app always shows pick up location and destination
3. Your rating won't be negatively affected for not accepting rides

Or these aren't obtainable from Indrivers Nigeria?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
Felicity001:

Thanks bros. The funny thing is the rider asked me to send the bill with my account details, since that morning till now Baba never run am for him boy. The last time I call am he said he was busy I told him to take his time since he’s busy.

If he doesn’t send it before 5pm I’ll call him again and wait till say 9pm. And if Baba no gree send my 2k (which is from Coker rd, illupeju to that Sura area) me I’ll just leave him for Karma to take his course.

I’m on rental I believe God will give me a good trip to make up for the lost in 4fold so I can give owner of car her money for the week being the first week with owner because I hate telling stories as excuses.
Nice one baba...i like dat positive vibe...Jah will replenish ur loss in 10fold .....yhu will be surprise hw dis week will turn out good grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
oblozzolawrence:

Nice one baba...i like dat positive vibe...Jah will replenish ur loss in 10fold .....yhu will be surprise hw dis week will turn out good grin
Thanks bro, I have unwaving faith. Thanks again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 1:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
QuitNotice:
I have never tried to outsmart them, but I always gained more than my friends both on uber alone and those combining both. Now they have all joined me. Integrity says if you can't take the heat, leave the kitchen. You filled the form; its either you follow the rules of engagement or you back off!

All this one sided aguement I try to understand. I really do try seeing things from your side of the coin but I still just dont get it.
Where in the rule book engagement does it say "chances are you might loose your toll gate levy and fuel money due to our INABILITY to fix our app and we do charge you our full commission after review irrespective of the outcome?"
Bolt has no right to cheat anybody and I don't believe they feel they are cheating anybody by their actions cos it keeps happening. By you guys aguement I doubt you guys see any short changing either. Thats your side of the coin you guys see things from and it okay for you guys to follow the rules that way.
But if a rider decide to pay even a fraction slightly above the bolt app display amount and you called that cheating? Knowing fully well the outcome of bolt actions pertaining to cash fair review? Am not insulting anybody at all but I feel it just plain stupidity.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
nicholas82:
Bolt account for sale. PM me with your number
grin grin grin nawaooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
ajoks533:
Please elders... How do you deal with multiple stop over during a trip. Does the app take consideration of the stops and bill the rider or does it assume you are still on the same trip?
I ended a trip mid way yesterday after more than 20 minutes of waiting and zoomed off. It was a card trip. The rider was busy shopping. They charge N11 per minute on Uber. Those stops are waste of time and worthless. I will advise a rider to rather request another ride if you are going to stay long. Also, I'll warn you after two stops, next stop, I'm ending the trip. I have things to do too.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2019
peeps4u:

Just checked some of the features of indrivers and I wonder why a lot of drivers don't patronize or promote it

angry angry angry

Their price is fixed,,imagine accepting a trip from surulere to festac and fare is 900,then u spend 3 hours in orile traffic angry grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
peeps4u:

grin grin

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2019
izzou:

Na one person enter car first, say make I wait for someone

Before I know, 3 men Don jump inside. I no know whether make I decline trip immediately sad

But I dey fear say them fit strangle me, so I just begin drive without complain

God dey save us wey dey drive for night grin
I always central lock and watch what's happening if I see you are a guy I always open the front door for you, I will even tell you.
Something like Bros I no dey carry guys for back for night.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
drmikeadams:
angry angry angry

Their price is fixed,,imagine accepting a trip from surulere to festac and fare is 900,then u spend 3 hours in orile traffic angry grin

Oh, I see.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
I was paired on Uber with a rider that defrauded me of 2k fare six months ago. When I asked the dude if he was the one, he denied it until I checked my phone and saw the text I sent to him to transfer the money. Some people are very shameless. Even when he's been caught red-handed, he was still denying it. Just had to advise him while also letting him know that what he did wasn't right. Asked him to apologize and he was still claiming innocence. Shameless goat, the fat dude works in Techno oil. How buffoons get jobs in this country when better qualified and honest people are at home baffles me.

And why does Uber still harbour known fraudulent riders but are quick to block drivers at the slightest mistake? That's why drivers easily get attacked and robbed. Double standards in their vetting process. It's easy come, easy go for riders.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
ndubuis:
I ended a trip mid way yesterday after more than 20 minutes of waiting and zoomed off. It was a card trip. The rider was busy shopping. They charge N11 per minute on Uber. Those stops are waste of time and worthless. I will advise a rider to rather request another ride if you are going to stay long. Also, I'll warn you after two stops, next stop, I'm ending the trip. I have things to do too.
Lol, u go chop low rating tire.
I do likewise too, if u want to stop I always ask if you are gonna take long so I know whether to wait or Japa.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2019
drmikeadams:
angry angry angry

Me I don't accept all their request sha, some are ridiculous.
I was at Admiralty and got a request at Oriental hotel, it means I will pay toll fee twice. I simply decline because the person is going towards Ajah and the fare isn't worth it. Besides I don't accept trips to traffic prone areas, I also check map before going to pick rider. Like this trip taxi and ayuba were saying between 4000-4600 at last the rider paid 4500.
If I do the trip I won't earn up to that on their app, plus or minus I no loose much instead of waiting for trips I never know if they will come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
pocohantas:

Then unhook the bra. Some of you can do that with just a finger in record time, even without looking. but to locate Deuteronomy- you will use 1hr. undecided

I'll be on the lookout for such opportunities henceforth grin

Especially young ladies kiss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
ornicus:

Sincerely I would advise you to cancel immediately if it is three men at night in this Lagos. Before you move the car to an unsafe location.People wear suits to Rob Sometimes so you cannot try to Guage by appearance. Unless you have some martial arts training, you cannot do much against three men in a closed car

The street was quiet and lonely

And it was only four of them. So many thoughts ran through my mind.

I just opted to carry them. It was damn scary grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
Gentlelife50:

I always central lock and watch what's happening if I see you are a guy I always open the front door for you, I will even tell you.
Something like Bros I no dey carry guys for back for night.

I later learned the beauty of central locking

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
izzou:

The street was quiet and lonely

And it was only four of them. So many thoughts ran through my mind.

I just opted to carry them. It was damn scary grin

It was risky. Police sef, seeing a car with five men, they will almost always stop them. Abeg develop your blocking strategy. Before your nl wife has to tattoo your name in rememberance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
ornicus:

It was risky. Police sef, seeing a car with five men, they will almost always stop them. Abeg develop your blocking strategy. Before your nl wife has to tattoo your name in rememberance.

I was even praying for Police to stop us sef... Las Las, I go identify myself. But no checkpoint in sight

And nothing can separate us cool, not even suspicious riders

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
ndubuis:
I was paired on Uber with a rider that defrauded me of 2k fare six months ago. When I asked the dude if he was the one, he denied it until I checked my phone and saw the text I sent to him to transfer the money. Some people are very shameless. Even when he's been caught red-handed, he was still denying it. Just had to advise him while also letting him know that what he did wasn't right. Asked him to apologize and he was still claiming innocence. Shameless goat, the fat dude works in Techno oil. How buffoons get jobs in this country when better qualified and honest people are at home baffles me.

And why does Uber still harbour known fraudulent riders but are quick to block drivers at the slightest mistake? That's why drivers easily get attacked and robbed. Double standards in their vetting process. It's easy come, easy go for riders.

I wish I could get the girl that scammed me of #1100 from Ajao Estate to Ikeja

I go just blow go TMB, stop for Unilag waterfront, and drag her out of my car.

She can either choose to trek to IyanaOworo or Adekunle grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
pocohantas:

Then unhook the bra. Some of you can do that with just a finger in record time, even without looking. but to locate Deuteronomy- you will use 1hr. undecided
grin grin grin grin pò ó no go Kee persin with laugh oooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
peeps4u:

My brother see another thing is a lot of drivers are ignorant, they were busy shouting that Opay is spoiling the work by charging #200 and #400 for trips.
Even u tell them Opay will balance them they still tell you it's not going to work, I was at their office for activation and they told me no bonuses on cash trips so if it's a cash trip the driver will collect everything but they don't know and won't care to know.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
Who has the right to choice of songs please? Drivers or riders. Especially when such genre of music is distasteful to riders/drivers.

Like, I dislike Fuji music but a rider insists.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.