Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4819675 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2019
tojahh:

That's their business. I receive orders steadily but I'll just be looking at it till it expires.
Their matter tire me.

I'm already on 30 trips on Bolt. So my commission is 10%
I just completed my 30 trips this morning. Let's enjoy the 10% commission.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 7:58am On Dec 12, 2019
dru23:

If you love yourself, stay away from used naija cars .. We don't want to hear stories that touches the heart....

Are you saying that even if YOU want to sell your naija used car, nobody should attempt to buy it?

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2019
Babadee1900:
I just completed my 30 trips this morning. Let's enjoy the 10% commission.

10% after 30 vs 3% after 20

Just musing

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:04am On Dec 12, 2019
Eizenburg:

Just musing
Hmmm undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

I'm trying to understand the first rude attitude from the rider that made you act the way you did.

"Oga, where are you" to me is nothing to be disturbed about. Or is it the fact that she didn't respond to your greetings?

I once carried a lady and as we were about to stop at her location, she asked for my account number to make transfer. I told her that I cannot know the trip amount unless I end the trip and the girl was like "who asked you that one?" in a very demeaning way.

Trust me, I pretended like I did not hear her.

You go to the bank and talk to tellers and customer service anyhow, call MTN or other network providers customer service and start screaming even before they say anything, yet, they're patient enough to hear you out.

So, why can't you be tolerant to your customers behavior?

I don't know if it's the fact that drivers here applaud this type of unprofessional behavior or the fact that the ehailing companies in Nigeria are after the competition and not much care about the driver-rider relationships.

What did you gain as you did that? Mind you, that person you spoke to is a lady. She could think through that incident for a whole three days.

Please, let's learn to be tolerant. You are providing a public service and should understand that not all customers will behave responsibly. Even in America, there are some crazy people out there.

Whatever you say is correct Sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2019
Felicity001:

I tire o after all it’s her block not my... d so call girl stays in Lekki o.
Lol. Staying in lekki doesn't come with sense na grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:47am On Dec 12, 2019
Eizenburg:

Are you saying that even if YOU want to sell your naija used car, nobody should attempt to buy it?

You buy at your own risk ...Just like anything bought used in naija
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2019
Krix25:
Good morning brothers in the house, I want to clarify something here, is uberX different from the normal uber cos I read that the car for uberX should be Toyota corolla 2008 or newer and I just acquire Toyota corolla 2004.. This thing is really confusing me ooooo!!!
guy go and start work. Xmas don come o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 9:18am On Dec 12, 2019
Uber Train and Uber aircraft on the way

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 9:32am On Dec 12, 2019
Good morning my big Ogas in the house... Hope we all had a good night.

My neighbor came back yesterday and enquired on how far I have gone with the car hunt. Told him I have actually decided to lay low for now and allow the festive season to sail through.

He has a car (Camry) he rented out to a driver who got into trouble due to greed. He offered to fix the AC this week or next, so that I can make use of the car while I learn the ropes and routes in Abuja. It was the best news for me yesterday.

We have not discussed terms yet, but I wish to grab this opportunity rather than sitting ideal at home or buying a snake as a car.

Least I forget, the ex driver picked up a passenger who forgot/left a bag in the back seat. When the driver noticed it, he opened it and saw Dollars inside. He decided to keep it in his boot. Then continued with his hustle, probably day dreaming how he was going to blow.

Minutes later, he was waved down by police, which rarely happen in Abuja. They searched his car and found the bag. It was discovered the currency was a fake one and he was arrested. However, no case was made nor was he taken to court after 48hrs. Rather, he was placed on a bail of 50k and car 100k (now it is suspected that the police are involved in that con).

Please be careful while driving, always check your cae to be sure no strange item was dropped in your car. Preferably, always form the habit of cleaning your car and dusting the foot mat after every trip. It will go a long way in saving you from some of these con people.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by daddytime(m): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2019
ajoks533:

My neighbor came back yesterday and enquired on how far I have gone with the car hunt. Told him I have actually decided to lay low for now and allow the festive season to sail through.

He has a car (Camry) he rented out to a driver who got into trouble due to greed. He offered to fix the AC this week or next, so that I can make use of the car while I learn the ropes and routes in Abuja. It was the best news for me yesterday.

We have not discussed terms yet, but I wish to grab this opportunity rather than sitting ideal at home or buying a snake as a car.

Least I forget, the ex driver picked up a passenger who forgot/left a bag in the back seat. When the driver noticed it, he opened it and saw Dollars inside. He decided to keep it in his boot. Then continued with his hustle, probably day dreaming how he was going to blow.

Minutes later, he was waved down by police, which rarely happen in Abuja. They searched his car and found the bag. It was discovered the currency was a fake one and he was arrested. However, no case was made nor was he taken to court after 48hrs. Rather, he was placed on a bail of 50k and car 100k (now it is suspected that the police are involved in that con).

Please be careful while driving, always check your cae to be sure no strange item was dropped in your car. Preferably, always form the habit of cleaning your car and dusting the foot mat after every trip. It will go a long way in saving you from some of these con people.

Wow, is all I can say.

Thanks for bringing this to the fore. How far with the Elantra?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:08am On Dec 12, 2019
Eizenburg:

Just musing
that 3% dey sweet! Plus 100 additional bonus on each trip!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrDraey(m): 10:39am On Dec 12, 2019
Morning all,

Please is Umudigi A5pro a good phone for this business?

Does Uber accept it?

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:54am On Dec 12, 2019
tojahh:

Whatever you say is correct Sir.
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 11:02am On Dec 12, 2019
ajoks533:

Are we even Living in a Country ruled by a human at all?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrDraey(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2019
MrDraey:
Morning all,

Does Uber accept it?

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2019
MrDraey:
Morning all,

Does Uber accept it?

Thank you

See the name of the phone sef! Phone don finish for market? Get a good Samsung or iPhone!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrDraey(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2019
cry
mrjaydee:

See the name of the phone sef! Phone don finish for market? Get a good Samsung or iPhone!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 11:29am On Dec 12, 2019
daddytime:

Wow, is all I can say.

Thanks for bringing this to the fore. How far with the Elantra?

Boss, that one na additional work ooo.... Imagine the stress of driving an auto from 6am to say 9pm... Then driving manual same time frame.

Make I chill small, raise more money, then buy something worth buying.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by daddytime(m): 11:32am On Dec 12, 2019
ajoks533:

Boss, that one na additional work ooo.... Imagine the stress of driving an auto from 6am to say 9pm... Then driving manual same time frame.

Make I chill small, raise more money, then buy something worth buying.

I feel you...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Krix25: 11:51am On Dec 12, 2019
1daboi:
guy go and start work. Xmas don come o
Bros I just need an explanation and if you can't give me the said answer, its better you don't even reply.. Abeg!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2019
Krix25:

Bros I just need an explanation and if you can't give me the said answer, its better you don't even reply.. Abeg!!!

There's no difference between the two categories at present. UberX is from year 2000.

1daboi meant you should ignore the categories

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dokyOloye: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
radautoworks:

This I did not know. I thought it was the casual equivalent of "sir" and use it all the time in that manner undecided
Was shocked at their own understanding of the word and never seen anybody else with that view.
Looks like many dudes here are psychologically apprehensive with that mentality of "they are looking down on me as a taxi driver but they don't know it's my car and I'm a graduate bla bla"

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dokyOloye: 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
ajoks533:

Definitely a set up.
Police in Abuja rarely search single or even double occupant vehicles.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2019
dokyOloye:

Was shocked at their own understanding of the word and never seen anybody else with that view.
Looks like many dudes here are psychologically apprehensive with that mentality of "they are looking down on me as a taxi driver but they don't know it's my car and I'm a graduate bla bla"
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Krix25: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
Epphy:

There's no difference between the two categories at present. UberX is from year 2000.

1daboi meant you should ignore the categories
Thank you so much my brother, I really appreciate!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
dokyOloye:

Dokyoloye, the general term 'Oga' can be an hallmark of respect among contemporary Nigerians but its different with these Olosho girls especially with their tone .
You need to walk a mile in our shoes to understand what we go through .
One just ruined my day as i am typing this. When i got her request at Lekki , i put a call through to ask for destination and she flared up, so i tried to explain that I've been dodging VIO officers for sometime due to my broken tail light, that i have been extorted on this job enough, so i'd like to keep away from their troubles (12pm -3pm) even though i knew i will be at fault, if they apprehend me but ain't gat the money to buy a new brake light, she hissed throughout the call and later VGC.
Midway through our journey, i perceived some foul smell, i had to open the window for fresh air but the odour didn't go away, Damn!
When we got to ikate, i told her i need to pull over to check what's smelling, only for me to discover that this girlie don shit for body inside my chacha leather seats Ford Mondeo cry
It was nauseating and before i could utter a word, she vomited. I had to rush to get her water to clean up.
My car is messed up already and the only word she mutter was i will give you 500 naira to clean your car at a car wash.
I felt like slapping this skele and after i managed to take her to her destination, rudely, she said she does not have any money on her, that the person she came to see is not picking her calls .
She didn't even give me the pleasure of an apology. This was someone who lashed out at me for not putting on my AC before i drove to her street, hissed at me because my car charger didn't recognize her iPhone cord.
What would you do in that situation?

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dokyOloye: 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
Freshprince91:

Dokyoloye, the general term 'Oga' can be an hallmark of respect among contemporary Nigerians but its different with these Olosho girls especially with their tone .
One just ruined my day as i am typing this. When i got her request at Lekki , i put a call through to ask for destination and she flared up, so i tried to explain that I've been dodging VIO officers for sometime due to my broken tail light, that i have been extorted on this job enough, so i'd like to keep away from their troubles (12pm -3pm) even though i knew i will be at fault, if they apprehend me but ain't gat the money to buy a new brake light, she hissed throughout the call and later VGC.
Midway through our journey, i perceived some foul smell, i had to open the window for fresh air but the odour didn't go away, Damn!
When we got to ikate, i told her i need to pull over to check what's smelling, only for me to discover that this girlie don shit for body inside my chacha leather seats Ford Mondeo cry
It was nauseating and before i could utter a word, she vomited. I had to rush to get her water to clean up.
My car is messed up already and the only word she mutter was i will give you 500 naira to clean your car at a car wash.
I felt like slapping this skele and after i managed to take her to her destination, rudely, she said she does not have any money on her, that the person she came to see is not picking her calls .
She didn't even give me the pleasure of an apology. This was someone who lashed out at me for not putting on my AC before i drove to her street, hissed at me because my car charger didn't recognize her iPhone cord.
Ok bro.
Sorry for your ordeal and God bless your hustles

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
ajoks533:

Mad o!!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
Freshprince91:

grin angry grin.

My own anger now be say one Charley go waste em money pay bride price carry an keep for house as wife

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2019
Krix25:

see me see wahala o.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
Freshprince91:

You are so nice. I mean you're nicer than I and many other drivers.

What would I have done? If she was a good person and sick, I would understand and help her out.
However, for the kind of her person that you painted, I would give her what she deserves. She's inhumane and does not deserve to be living in the midst of people. Imagine, she pooed and didn't tell you before you started running upandan & no iota of feeling sorry nor respect.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: ayoomo9(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.