Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748793 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
izzou:
Its a new year guys grin grin

Happy new year fellas. I thank the Lord for no reported deaths on this thread last year. Yes, some had accidents but we still dey kampe cool

This year go soft for all of us grin. We go buy Benz back to back. HP drivers go finish their payments miraculously. Rental drivers go save enough to buy their own sef. Gazzuzz and Radautoworks go open their own car assembling plants. Dru23 go start im own 5w30 engine oil production company. Carshopper go become sole distributor of big big car brands for this world. CarGuideNg go get him own auction site where him go dey sell better motor for us.

This year go soft, brethren. cool This year go soft.

We no go get accident. No major car faults. Carjackers and Oles no go see us. Back to back trips fall go fall on our apps. Uber and Bolt go reduce commission to 0.005%. LASTMA, Police and all those guys no go see our motor.

Infact, if bad thing dey happen for back, we go dey for front. If bad thing dey happen for front,
we go dey for back. grin

Once again, we pray for softness throughout the year.

God bless all of una mhen. smiley

Happy new year Umu nne'm grin
amen brother I really appreciate this post.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
peeps4u:
Happy New Month.

2020 is a double of blessings and good things.

May both riders and drivers accomplish all their purposes.

Death and accident will never come near us in 2020.

From me to you, in 2019, you were and are all part of my story, for this I celebrate and appreciate you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.
amen
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lateefat101: 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
chibjohn:
Hello guys. I have been a silent follower for a while. I have decided to use my 2005 honda accord to join as a side hustle in Lagos. I have almost concluded the registration process. It just remains for me to attend the orientation program and then get activated.

I will be doing it part time as I have a full time job. I will appreciate clues from professionals here on how to maintain a good rating, safety issues, dealing with police and other government agents etc. Which areas are not safe at night? Which areas have bad roads? If I get busy with my work and couldn't drive for a month or two, will Uber deactivate my account? Any other general tips will be greatly appreciated.

Hope your Hond accord 2005 is not having check engine light especially courtesy oxygen sensors.

Hope it is not V6.

Reason being that those things listed will cost you high consumption of fuel.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
valarinz:
Guys, I have a very clean unit if 2005 Toyota Camry for sale, check details here

https://www.nairaland.com/5608910/reg-2005-model-toyota-camry#85410107

Registered just this Aug and was used a few times, it's a coup for anyone doing e-hailing, cleaner than most toks cars in the market and everything down to suspensions are top notch
I can do HP if you don’t mind let’s strike a deal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chibjohn(m): 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
lateefat101:

Hope your Hond accord 2005 is not having check engine light especially courtesy oxygen sensors.

Hope it is not V6.

Reason being that those things listed will cost you high consumption of fuel.
Thanks for your response. It's a four cylinder engine. There are no warning lights on my dashboard presently.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
mrjaydee:
Abeg who don pass any of the toll gates? Hows the procedure?
I'm on rest till next week
toll gate na free today I pass Lekki ikoyi toll 3 times today and the other one 2 time oshofree money lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 9:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Lol, me sef weak
see this is the reason so many people trying to request when they see the price dem go think am twice weather to request or not I got one today 2.8 Soji the lady call me that why is it so expensive I told her I don't know oo because I don't have the time to be explaining
I said should I come to pick u? she said don't worry lol I just laugh.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
ofime123:
see this is the reason so many people trying to request when they see the price dem go think am twice weather to request or not I got one today 2.8 Soji the lady call me that why is it so expensive I told her I don't know oo because I don't have the time to be explaining
I said should I come to pick u? she said don't worry lol I just laugh.
Yes that's the fact, a lot of them end up cancelling.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lateefat101: 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
chibjohn:

Thanks for your response. It's a four cylinder engine. There are no warning lights on my dashboard presently.

That is good to hear.

Use quality spare parts of its ball joints to avoid disappointments on the road.
Also be mindful of your resources i.e fuel by not just wandering about anyhow because it is 2.4L; it is better to always
stay on hot spots to get requests or you always make use of "set destination" feature very well.

Wish you best! !!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EnterPRO: 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2020
Any Uber drivers in ibadan here?

Need to hire a car or jeep for a few hours over a weekend.

DM pls.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by engrprinceka(m): 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
Good evening all

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SymonsC(m): 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
quick one.....
Very clean body, good engine, working ac. Honda civic 2003 model hybrid. Selling because i just bought a new car. I have been using it for uber/bolt. Call or send a Whatsapp message 08106217326. at giveaway price 600k

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 11:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
Good evening house. So a Lagos Bolt driver can also work in Ibadan? Presently in IB to visit and decided to try if it would work. Immediately I went online, na so request enter. Went Offline thereafter though...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Joeblackdedon(f): 4:12am On Jan 02, 2020
InfinityEstates:

In the Updated Bolt App, we can see it. But we just have to accept it anyway else it affects our ACTIVITY SCORE/RATING which shouldn't be too low. When we accept then you cancel, it's fine for us.
my aaccout was block becouse of that since Sunday my rating drop to 4.43 for the 3rd time sand message to the they said I should wait to hear from they driver Bolt Operations team.this is the message.

Hello Josephine,

Thank you for your response.

We are deeply sorry about this.

We have checked your account and found that it was blocked because your average rating(4.45) was lower than allowed(4.5).

Please note that this is your third low rating block and as such, your account has been blocked indefinitely.

It cannot be unblocked by us. However, if it is reviewed by our Quality Assurance Team, you will be contacted by them.

We wish you all the best.

Best regards,

Abigail from Bolt.

Don't know if they still unblock me......am just worry about everything not now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 5:39am On Jan 02, 2020
Joeblackdedon:
my aaccout was block becouse of that since Sunday my rating drop to 4.43 for the 3rd time sand message to the they said I should wait to hear from they driver Bolt Operations team.this is the message.

Hello Josephine,

Thank you for your response.

We are deeply sorry about this.

We have checked your account and found that it was blocked because your average rating(4.45) was lower than allowed(4.5).

Please note that this is your third low rating block and as such, your account has been blocked indefinitely.

It cannot be unblocked by us. However, if it is reviewed by our Quality Assurance Team, you will be contacted by them.

We wish you all the best.

Best regards,

Abigail from Bolt.

Don't know if they still unblock me......am just worry about everything not now

Have you been offending your riders or providing poor service? Is your car clean and in good shape? Is your driving OK? Those are possible reasons why riders would rate you low (1 or 2 stars), and that was probably what led to your BLOCK. So sorry.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:41am On Jan 02, 2020
eroticecstasy:
Please I need a car for uber
I reside at Epe, though it doesn't matter,
weekly returns is the ultimate.
My number is 09056997419

Happy new year

engrprinceka:
Good evening all. Happy new year.
Uber / Bolt driver needed. A married man living around laokwe, eputu, awoyaya,sangotedo would be a good one.
I have a Toyota corolla for rentage.
Whatsapp me on 08037640922.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eroticecstasy: 6:06am On Jan 02, 2020
izzou:

My oga, thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eroticecstasy: 6:08am On Jan 02, 2020
engrprinceka:
Good evening all. Happy new year.
Uber / Bolt driver needed. A married man living around laokwe, eputu, awoyaya,sangotedo would be a good one.
I have a Toyota corolla for rentage.
Whatsapp me on 08037640922.
Thank you.

Good morning, I stay at Epe
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Simeondemmy: 6:33am On Jan 02, 2020
Please house, any idea how much is car engine for Toyota Corolla 07/08.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AngryIgboMan: 6:48am On Jan 02, 2020

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AngryIgboMan: 7:01am On Jan 02, 2020

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:33am On Jan 02, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Yes that's the fact, a lot of them end up cancelling.

But it shows a quote before you order the car. What kind of nonsense is that?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 8:08am On Jan 02, 2020
smiley Happy new year guys,

Uber reacted to one of my videos and have started tracking refered drivers on driver's dash board. This is one way uber drivers make extra money in other countries and I was surprise it has been stopped in Nigeria despite the growing competition in the ridesharing industry.

Bolt/Taxify on the other hand do not communicate with drivers expect dey want to communicate promotions or deactivate drivers I'll also do a video addressing this and I hope they see it.

We drivers have a lot of concern and the only way these rideshare app company can see it is if we communicate on a global platform like YouTube.

So bottom line, guys this is an active forum with 100s if not 1000s of followers.

Please guys encourage my work by subscribing to my channel, comment and recommend topics you want us to take globally so the world can see us.

Screen shot of the refered driver tracking.

Uber is yet to pay the referral bonus though but once they do I'll update the house.

On the other hand do you know Uber pays drivers for signing up in most countries. Let's make our voice heard.

See video I talked about quitting Uber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBRChj_cVM

And guys remember to hit the subscribe button and turn on notification bell. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooleo(m): 9:02am On Jan 02, 2020
Pls has anyone without e-tag passed the lekki-ikoyi toll gate today?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2020
radautoworks:

Lol, that's our people for you. They do it thinking something different might come up, some don't even check and will start fighting driver at the end.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 10:56am On Jan 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
In this game of life, its all about straregy and survival.

Do you know the reasons why top business men don't share business secrets? Its because its what got and kept them there.

I mentioned it here that Ojo Badagry is one of the zones that leads to the gates of hell. Yet someone took a trip to there. Experience they say is the best teacher.

Am so glad the man took his 200 naira change without thinking twice.

Its obvious I will stop sharing formats and disaster warnings so that people can learn the hard way and pay heavily for it. People need to learn the hard, terrible way and probably loose there live to have sense.

Your concern shouldn't have been about two young boys sleeping. Its not your business. Your concern should be about your own safety and life first. Don't you have boys at home? Dont you have a wife at home? Are you aware that going to Ojo at night is very very dangerous? ARE YOU CREATED STUPPID SIR? You went through 15 kilometres of hell? For what? Are you aware that if anything had happened along the way, the man will try to protect his family first and may even ABANDON YOU TO YOUR SHIP?

If you told me Lere and I started trip and saw Ojo, I will fling all of you out of my car. I don't even want to know if you have a 3 months old baby. Its your business. I will first of all end trip without thinking twice and politely ask you to step down with your whole family immediately. If you refuse, you may not like what I will do to your family.

Life and E-ehailing has taught me a lot... A whole lot.

Story Time.

Two years ago and One day at Lekki, I got a trip to the deepest part of Ogombo around 1 am. This was when I was still driving for someone and i stay awake to make up for my money. On Getting to a certain deep bushy part of Ogombo very close to the riders destination, I saw a pool of stagnant water. I told the lady that this water looks dangerous... She said its her route and its not deep. I put in my car. Lo and behold, my car got stuck and started sinking. I accelerated for over 20 minutes... NO WAY.

Guess what happened next? My rider called her BIKE MAN to come pick her up. She left me there and went home. I was stuck in a muddy water for over 3 hours in the night... Digging, Trenching and Wrenching alone. My car was filled up with water.

Next morning I reported to Uber. Uber simply blocked me and told me to go for inspection to be sure that my car was okay. They were not even concerned about my health or if the money I was payed was enough.

In the morning, I paid some area boys 2k to remove car, I payed 15k for a towing van, I paid a car wash over 1500 for a deep wash, paid rewire 1500 to fix my lights that got damaged, paid another 1600 for two full lights that got damaged due to water penetration after long hours submerged. Even my Mechanic did some servicing which I still payed heavily for. After all the repairs, I had to go for another inspection and payed 2k to be able to get the document I will upload. Please how much was the girls trip again?

3 months later, same scenario played out again but this time, I have learnt my lessons. It was around 2 am I was carrying this young girl back to a deep location in abijo. I saw pools of water. The girl insisted I should pass. I told her am ending the trip there and she should find her way home. She refused and insisted I must drive her home. I didn't even talk. I warned her to step out. She refused insisting that this place is dangerous and people may kill her or even rape her. I now asked her that if this area is that dangerous, why stay out this late and order a cab to it. Or is it me that will now come and die for a fee less than 2k? I simply opened my car door and flung her out.

I revved my car and drove away... She was just running after me shouting. I payed no heed till I reached the express and ran away.
grin grin experience na d best teacher

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 11:00am On Jan 02, 2020
radautoworks:

Nobody canceled on me cos of the surge on Uber. In fact, I don't even tell riders that there's surge, if u no pay complete after trip, uber will take care of it

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2020
radautoworks:

that is Nigeria for u I carried one yesterday 2.9 surge from ajao estate to orchid hotel I thank my God that it was card trip when I got to her destination the fare was 8600. she insisted she want to see the fare I show her. you need to see the look on her face. I know she must give me 1 star so I quickly gave her my own 1 star too. and I mean that look on her face she felt like crying.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsteel: 11:26am On Jan 02, 2020
ofime123:
that is Nigeria for u I carried one yesterday 2.9 surge from ajao estate to orchid hotel I thank my God that it was card trip when I got to her destination the fare was 8600. she insisted she want to see the fare I show her. you need to see the look on her face. I know she must give me 1 star so I quickly gave her my own 1 star too. and I mean that look on her face she felt like crying.
Are u sure she didn't cry when she got inside her hotel room wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 11:37am On Jan 02, 2020
ofime123:
Surge money is cool cash but it kills rating geometrically. As in massive drop in rating

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:53am On Jan 02, 2020
SymonsC:
quick one.....
Very clean body, good engine, working ac. Honda civic 2003 model hybrid. Selling because i just bought a new car. I have been using it for uber/bolt. Call or send a Whatsapp message 08106217326. at giveaway price 600k
@izuo, and other guys please how do you guys rate this car I want to recommend it to somebody who have been in need for a car for some months now, I personally advices him to wait for January to come so he could get sth that suits his pocket. He actually got the money from a cooperative organization and has mouth to feed. I don’t know him neither have I seen him ever. He almost bought a 9ja used Honda Civic 08 a company bought brand new for only God knows what reason the person wants to sell off the car but I advices him not to buy since the car has no custom duties.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.