Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748920 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
In this game of life, its all about straregy and survival.

Do you know the reasons why top business men don't share business secrets? Its because its what got and kept them there.

I mentioned it here that Ojo Badagry is one of the zones that leads to the gates of hell. Yet someone took a trip to there. Experience they say is the best teacher.

Am so glad the man took his 200 naira change without thinking twice.

Its obvious I will stop sharing formats and disaster warnings so that people can learn the hard way and pay heavily for it. People need to learn the hard, terrible way and probably loose there live to have sense.

Your concern shouldn't have been about two young boys sleeping. Its not your business. Your concern should be about your own safety and life first. Don't you have boys at home? Dont you have a wife at home? Are you aware that going to Ojo at night is very very dangerous? ARE YOU CREATED STUPPID SIR? You went through 15 kilometres of hell? For what? Are you aware that if anything had happened along the way, the man will try to protect his family first and may even ABANDON YOU TO YOUR SHIP?

Your paranoia is on another level, i pray to God every morning before i start work and he listens. You think it is only when you're driving a rider(s) that you can get fuckéd up?

I went to have some drinks with friends around abesan estate and was returning home around 1am, as i say make i use that alaguntan road link agege motor road. Na him this mini yellow bus wan try block me down, as a sharp nígga i no even wait hear story i just turn step on gas. i no look back till i reach house.

No matter how paranoid or careful you think you are, when life wants to mess with you it will.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
Felicity001:

@izuo, and other guys please how do you guys rate this car I want to recommend it to somebody who have been in need for a car for some months now, I personally advices him to wait for January to come so he could get sth that suits his pocket. He actually got the money from a cooperative organization and has mouth to feed. I don’t know him neither have I seen him ever. He almost bought a 9ja used Honda Civic 08 a company bought brand new for only God knows what reason the person wants to sell off the car but I advices him not to buy since the car has no custom duties.

People use Civic for ehailings, but I'm concerned about two points raised by the op

1) The car is a hybrid.
2)The car has been on the platform too.

My advice to your friend is to take a car on rental and use his weekly savings to finance his search for the car

If he uses his cooperative money to start finding car, maybe 100k go Don short from the money before him go see better one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gidison: 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
Uber/Bolt driver needed. To deliver on a weekly rental basis.

Car is Toyota Camry 2006.

Must live around Ikotun.

Call 09018759697
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
izzou:

People use Civic for ehailings, but I'm concerned about two points raised by the op

1) The car is a hybrid.
2)The car has been on the platform too.

My advice to your friend is to take a car on rental and use his weekly savings to finance his search for the car

If he uses his cooperative money to start finding car, maybe 100k go Don short from the money before him go see better one
No b lie o but like I said I dont know him and haven’t seen him infact haven’t talked with him over the phone too only chat.

You know how getting a rental can be hard... even me If not for the fact that I’ve a virtue to be patient I wouldn’t know...

Anyways, thanks for your observations and advice as I’ll convey to him accordingly.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by efismikoko(m): 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
Felicity001:

I can do HP if you don’t mind let’s strike a deal

Please drop your number lets discuss on the car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hello Bosses, ayaff come again ooo....I'm still waiting for my plate number to come out. Abuja peeps in here, abeg what's the business life like in Abuja....cos all these una story for Lagos det fear me too much, bad roads and all.

If i decide to relocate to Abuja, can someone enlighten me with the Pros and Cons...

Lagos/Abuja

PS: I'm a very soft person, if wahala too much, ah fit park car dey trek go house grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
efismikoko:

Please drop your number lets discuss on the car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
DonJoeSneh:
Hello Bosses, ayaff come again ooo....I'm still waiting for my plate number to come out. Abuja peeps in here, abeg what's the business life like in Abuja....cos all these una story for Lagos det fear me too much, bad roads and all.

If i decide to relocate to Abuja, can someone enlighten me with the Pros and Cons...

Lagos/Abuja

PS: I'm a very soft person, if wahala too much, ah fit park car dey trek go house grin
Bros this hustle no b for soft people o it’s for people with lion a heart, anyways, because I’m very sure the hustle will redefine and remodel you within a short while. Taylor your working location to your dream and desire in life because I always believe this hustle is just for a while to keeping body and soul going while you await or do another things.

Good luck to you

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
chucsmoore:
Surge money is cool cash but it kills rating geometrically. As in massive drop in rating
Who rating help? Good rating without money in the bank is nonsense, abi I wan chop d rating ni? Na before boys dey cry because of rating
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
Joeblackdedon:
my aaccout was block becouse of that since Sunday my rating drop to 4.43 for the 3rd time sand message to the they said I should wait to hear from they driver Bolt Operations team.this is the message.

Hello Josephine,

Thank you for your response.

We are deeply sorry about this.

We have checked your account and found that it was blocked because your average rating(4.45) was lower than allowed(4.5).

Please note that this is your third low rating block and as such, your account has been blocked indefinitely.

It cannot be unblocked by us. However, if it is reviewed by our Quality Assurance Team, you will be contacted by them.

We wish you all the best.

Best regards,

Abigail from Bolt.

Don't know if they still unblock me......am just worry about everything not now

People get mind o, still they give woman low rating. Trust its the handy work of fellow women like you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Who rating help? Good rating without money in the bank is nonsense, abi I wan chop d rating ni? Na before boys dey cry because of rating
grin

God punish ratings fada.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gentlelife50:

grin
grin Then be prepared for annoying Blocking.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by valarinz: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
valarinz:
Guys, I have a very clean unit if 2005 Toyota Camry for sale, check details here

https://www.nairaland.com/5608910/reg-2005-model-toyota-camry#85410107

Registered just this Aug and was used a few times, it's a coup for anyone doing e-hailing, cleaner than most toks cars in the market and everything down to suspensions are top notch

Still available at a very good price

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
Seun360:

God punish ratings fada.
Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
chucsmoore:
grin Then be prepared for annoying Blocking.
Pikin wey go die go die, even if you try to maintain the rating one day they will wake up and look for one reason to block you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bhoomie: 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hello house. Is there anyone willing to do an offline trip tomorrow (Friday) morning by 6am, from Festac Town to Yaba Psychiatric Hospital for 3K?
Buzz me on 0 7 0 3 7 7 0 3 3 0 5 if interested.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skede90(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
Please i need a car to work on rental... I stay around Aboru Ipaja Lagos.. Pls help a brother 08022220366
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skede90(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
Am interested.. I stay around Ipaja

Gidison:
Uber/Bolt driver needed. To deliver on a weekly rental basis.

Car is Toyota Camry 2006.

Must live around Ikotun.

Call 09018759697
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
Guys how far with the lekki ikoyi link bridge toll ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
After I posted what I posted, most pilots are calling it "Joke". I laugh at your ignorance in Japanese. Any serious learner should take what I posted very serious. Those areas are that dangerous and bad. I added small comedy to make it look simple. But I can be mean to you if you dare try to damage by source of income by taking me to places like kirikiri or Akute.

This business is all about survival. Riders are trying to kill you by making you go to bad areas. They will all sound nice and sweet and tell you how you are a good driver.

Hear me soul brother. Its all about there selfish interest. If your car or partners car should die, NOBODY GIVES A FUCCK ABOUT YOU. HUNGER WILL KEE YOU. Protect yourself in this Lagos brothers.

Some of you are of the hopeless opinion that when you are nice to riders or people, they will reciprocate by telling you to SUPPLY 1000 TRAILER LOADS OF WHITE SAND FOR SAND FILLING ELEGUSHI BEACH. Let me teach you something Mugu. The average Human being especially a Nigerian not to talk of a Lagosian is always trying to kill you to survive. Thats why your partners don't give a hoot about your welfare. They will compliment you on how you are a good driver and you remit money always. They will tell you how your reward is in heaven. You are always om the road sleeping like an animal by Northwest filling station or admiralty Lekki.

The day anything happens to you (God forbid), they are replacing you immediately with another driver. Its as easy as that. I don't want to detail this.

Regarding missing items, let me teach newbie drivers my policy which I learnt the hard way. My policy has always been;

DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL.

Let me tell 3 stories to buttress my point

Last 2 years, I took a hopeless woman rider from Maryland to Lekki. Her son forgot his school bag in my car. On a normal day, the protocol would have been to drive to Uber or Bolt office and drop the bag there. Two days later being that I was trying to be a nice man then and PROBABLY EXPECTING TO WIN A CONTRACT TO REPAIR IKORODU ROAD FOR BEING A GOOD DRIVER, I drove all the way from Okota to Lekki phase 1 to drop the bag. Guess how much this hopeless woman gave me? 500! She said she is suspecting I live around Lekki and that am just trying to bill her. Can you imagine? I live in Lekki and am doing Uber? How will I pay rent? This very mean woman left me at her gate and went inside. I was just outside looking like a morron.

Another time, another very useless woman requested me from Ojota to Ilupeju. She fogot her make up kit in my car. When I drove down from Iju side to Ilupeju to return her make up kit, this woman just said THANK YOU and entered her car. I was just watching her. She did not even talk anything about my fuel. The thing pepper me die. I called on God and heavens were closed.

The 3rd and last time, a very pathetic, lousy, wretched woman this time around forgot her house keys in my car. She stays at Gbagada. Based on my bad experiences returning missing items, I decided to negotiate price before going. This forlorn Kaput woman was so mean and rude. She was shouting that am selfìsh and that I should have returned the key first before any other thing. I tried to explain say na condition make crayfish bend. This woman swore that she will never listen. When she noticed am not succumbing, she said she will give me 2k. I didn't know it was a format. When I arrived from SURULERE, this woman said I should wait because money is inside. She took her house keys from me, went inside her house and locked it. I was there sitting like a foool for 2 hours. I was calling and calling and calling. She eventually blocked my line.

I left sad, wounded, bruised, hurt and dejected.

When I reached my house, I formulated the policy of

DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL.

If a rider forgets anything, don't call to ask them if they forgot anything. If they call to ask about anything they forgot, don't tell them anything.

If I should look back and see anything lost in my car, AM THROWING IT STRAIGHT INTO THE OCEAN ANYTIME AM ABOVE 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE. I will use it and contribute to the growth of the economy of the marine Kingdom.

If I should tell you valuables I have thrown overboard... You won't believe me. I mean even sensitive documents and highly valuable articles and items. THE FACT IS THAT I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE. People are so mean spirited.... Why should I be nice? Am I Jesus?

I stay around Ajah axis. Should I drive down to Uber or bolt office to submit it, who will pay me? If I return it to riders, they are so mean spirited. Uber or Bolt has no robust system that pays a certain amount for returning items. They don't care. Why should I care?

To the man that saw a missing phone and was blocked... Were you not the one that admitted to seeing a phone? I can't give you business secrets on how I deal with situations like this. Very clean, straight and apt.

To any of you reading this, I pray none of you becomes my rider and foget anything. Believe me its going straight to the Ocean even if its a Laptop.

Afugom ife na uwa. Agbusi gbaa otula, omuru ako. Ukpala okpoko gburu, nti chiri ya. Onye anwu gbara na agba oso ma ohu ijiji. Ana esi na na isi ahu ama uto nsi. Ogom egbulam biko. Where will I even start and stop with this proverbs?

Infact, There is a particular spot I park and throw them. If a diver should dive and go straight down that spot, plenty things are there.

Am not going to use it either because am not a THIEF. Am not returning it too because THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOU WILL PAY ME.

I BOUGHT MY CAR THROUGH SUFFERING. I FUEL MY CAR THROUGH SUFFERING. YOU DID NOT BUY FUEL FOR ME. I DID NOT COME TO LAGOS TO DIE.

Baba, I support you to a 100.

I chop one star from one useless man I picked around Palm Spring despite the fact I admitted seeing his WiFi.

The make come dey rake for me the following day when I go give am em WiFi, saying why didn't I return it the day before as promised.

I vex wan fight am sef telling him that if I had told him that I didn't see his WiFi wetin em for do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mayorhy: 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
ofime123:
that is Nigeria for u I carried one yesterday 2.9 surge from ajao estate to orchid hotel I thank my God that it was card trip when I got to her destination the fare was 8600. she insisted she want to see the fare I show her. you need to see the look on her face. I know she must give me 1 star so I quickly gave her my own 1 star too. and I mean that look on her face she felt like crying.
This thread is just filled with selfish, narcissistic, insensitive money mongers. I mean even though 2.9 surge is what the market is and is really not your fault but couldn't you at least show empathy? For a trip of 2900 someone ended up paying 8700 because of low supply of cars at that moment is that not heart breaking? Paying 300% of the cost of a service ?You yourself can you pay that without grudge? She felt like crying and that gladdens your heart? And to top it off you gave someone that just paid you 8700 for a trip of N2900 one star because you FELT she was going to give you one star! All we care for is about money in this country that we have forgotten how to be human.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
A cap, speaker, a can drink and a cup is sitting down here with me. Since 23rd December last year I found the cup and drink at the back sit late night. And the speaker hide in the trunk. Till today, nobody calls me I move around with them until the owners reason me. Meanwhile I’m on ocar Uber/bolt so I don’t even know who I carried that left some of this stuff.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsteel: 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
mayorhy:

This thread is just filled with selfish, narcissistic, insensitive money mongers. I mean even though 2.9 surge is what the market is and is really not your fault but couldn't you at least show empathy? For a trip of 2900 someone ended up paying 8700 because of low supply of cars at that moment is that not heart breaking? Paying 300% of the cost of a service ?You yourself can you pay that without grudge? She felt like crying and that gladdens your heart? And to top it off you gave someone that just paid you 8700 for a trip of N2900 one star because you FELT she was going to give you one star! All we care for is about money in this country that we have forgotten how to be human.
Please I need to get something sir
If he should collect 2900 naira, will uber also reduce their commission? Or uber commission will apply with surge rate? & again do riders see these surge prices when they order for ride? Because if riders don't see it, I think it is unfair on d part of uber.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bambarino: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
chucsmoore:
Surge money is cool cash but it kills rating geometrically. As in massive drop in rating

yeah bro...its sure does kill rating...i tot I was the only one who experienced it...money was good but rating suffered badly the decline was massive...so I then asked myself does uber/bolt realize that drivers pay the price of low rating from soji

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jaidooo(m): 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
mayorhy:

Easy. Was she forced to use the service? They even often always highlight that 'prices are higher than usual bla bla...' before placing a request on the riders app. Easy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
mrsteel:

Please I need to get something sir
If he should collect 2900 naira, will uber also reduce their commission? Or uber commission will apply with surge rate? & again do riders see these surge prices when they order for ride? Because if riders don't see it, I think it is unfair on d part of uber.

They actually do.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
mayorhy:

Look at you! I mean look at wat you just posted. You write from a standpoint of ignorance.

Before a rider locks a ride on uber, he/she is provided with a price estimate dictated by the interplay of demand and supply at that point in time.

He/she accepts n along the way the riders feel or hope that the pricing mite change .I.e go down.

The rider vents his/ her frustration on the driver by dishing out 1 star.

Are you aware that 25% of the secured goodies goes to Uber.

So the question is? Who should the rider be mad at?
1.The algorithms that dictate the fares;

2. the driver that came for d pick up or

3. the rider who had a foreknowledge of the price estimate but still went ahead to engage the ride.
( what happened to waiting for a while to check back on the app wen d is no more surge).

Why cry foul when everything was in your control. i.e ability to cancel d trip.

Try and be objective.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
mayorhy:

Watin dis one dey talk self? Did this go to school at all This is mainly the law of deman and supply at work here do you need a scientist to explain that to you?

Oh! It’s drivers that wrote the program! And they don’t get charged by those who link you the rider to them abi? Or you don’t know drivers rent the cars they using to carry you up n down the bad roads? Infact let me stop b4 I provoke!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
mayorhy:

Every business is set up to first render service and then to make money from it. So you calling the driverprenuer money monger is amazing and I find it quiet strange

He giving her one star is beat known to him, am Sure he did that maybe as a result of past experience and reasons best known to him. When u think of it the law of cause and effect comes to my mind-am.not going to dive into that here

All we care in these country is about money..i think these is deep, am afraid you are reacting to a past experience or maybe one or two reasons best known to you because how do you explain going from zero to hundred by just reading the drivers post, I feel it struck you somewhere, brings back memories of past experience. Where am I driving at am sure the driver has shown empathy in one time or the other, not to these particular rider but..... Law of cause and effect my friend********

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
Felicity001:

Watin dis one dey talk self? Did this go to school at all This is mainly the law of deman and supply at work here do you need a scientist to explain that to you?

Oh! It’s drivers that wrote the program! And they don’t get charged by those who link you the rider to them abi? Or you don’t know drivers rent the cars they using to carry you up n down the bad roads? Infact let me
stop b4 I provoke
!

Cc mayorhy

To help drive down these law my friend have bolded that last sentence.

Your speech sparked something in him, you see you touched somewhere, made him remember all the times rider took him to bad roads, all the time rider might of spoke to him with disdain, all the time he might have spent on the hold up, burnt fuel and when he ends the trip what he made is not enough to even cover for the cost of fuel.

So mayorhy before you come out and make such statement again or criticize any driver here please get a car and drive for a month and let's see who will be more humane, you or maybe the driver that gave 1*

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
Please guys should leave that madam/oga (mayo thy) alone jor he/she is speaking out of ignorance which I’m sure h/s would be saying “who ask me to comment now?” right now.

It is well.

Please guys, if Uber/bolt blocks one permanently and unjustly and you’re absolutely sure you didn’t nothing wrong what can such a person do to get an account to get back into the system? Especially on Uber.

I asking mainly for someone who has been blocked by Uber for almost a year now. As at when he was blocked he went to their office and all wa told was that his iPhone 5 wasn’t a recommended phone for the app to work properly and this was the same phone he was told was ok b4 going ahead to purchase the phone.

So what can such person do legally to get back into the system?

Experience answers and reasonable suggestions please. I believe a lot of guys are also having similar problem so let’s threat this as important thanks guys.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
ofime123:
that is Nigeria for u I carried one yesterday 2.9 surge from ajao estate to orchid hotel I thank my God that it was card trip when I got to her destination the fare was 8600. she insisted she want to see the fare I show her. you need to see the look on her face. I know she must give me 1 star so I quickly gave her my own 1 star too. and I mean that look on her face she felt like crying.

Sharp guy troway face, unto the next trip.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: saudatu(m), andycoal40(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.