Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4749524 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsteel: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
tojahh:

That's the story. They don't care about you. (Those who have ears let them hear)

Once you drop them at destination, in 3 seconds after transaction completed, you're as good as a used pad.

Picked up a rider this morning from Happy land going to Silverbird.

Rider: Please can you be fast I'm running late.

Me: Fast to where? The roads aren't free for race.

Rider: Just fast abeg I'm late already.

Me: Madam, I'm not the reason for your lateness, I came as at when you requested the ride. Don't put this on me.

Rider: What rudeness!!! Please this is morning learn how to talk to people.

Me: You can get another ride, we are done with this. Your fare is 700 (Showing her)

Rider: (In shock) You ended the trip? Who asked you to end the trip? What's is the meaning of this nonsense. As in what's your problem.

Me: Madam, this is early morning, I'm going to a class where I will be taught how to talk to people like you advised.

Rider: (Now tired) OK please can we just continue, I'm already late for work.

Me: You'll have to make another request and be hopeful you get me.

She did and we continue. Got to her office, she work with one of the banks in Adeola Odeku. She paid all fare and slam my door. Came down check everything is in order then went from there to mamaput to break the fast.
No be me and bad energy this year.
Chai!!
Una no get chill O

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooleo(m): 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
tojahh:

That's the story. They don't care about you. (Those who have ears let them hear)

Once you drop them at destination, in 3 seconds after transaction completed, you're as good as a used pad.

Picked up a rider this morning from Happy land going to Silverbird.

Rider: Please can you be fast I'm running late.

Me: Fast to where? The roads aren't free for race.

Rider: Just fast abeg I'm late already.

Me: Madam, I'm not the reason for your lateness, I came as at when you requested the ride. Don't put this on me.

Rider: What rudeness!!! Please this is morning learn how to talk to people.

Me: You can get another ride, we are done with this. Your fare is 700 (Showing her)

Rider: (In shock) You ended the trip? Who asked you to end the trip? What's is the meaning of this nonsense. As in what's your problem.

Me: Madam, this is early morning, I'm going to a class where I will be taught how to talk to people like you advised.

Rider: (Now tired) OK please can we just continue, I'm already late for work.

Me: You'll have to make another request and be hopeful you get me.

She did and we continue. Got to her office, she work with one of the banks in Adeola Odeku. She paid all fare and slam my door. Came down check everything is in order then went from there to mamaput to break the fast.

I
No be me and bad energy this year.

Proud of you bro. No nonsense 2020

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
tojahh:

Before you tire, how far about the key rings!??

Shipped yesterday so should be here this coming week. The North remembers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sometimes, we miss the best opportunities because they come dressed in overalls and look like hard work.

Early morning (6:00am) offline from FESTAC to YABA for #3,000 is a good deal for a driver staying around; for example, in Festac, Satelite Town or Amuwo Odofin!

(1) It's an early morning ride from a "dead zone" to a "woke" or "hot" area ehailing-wise;

(2) It's a short trip - only 18km! That's the distance from Iyana Oworo across Third Mainland bridge into Dolphin Estate.
Think, if someone posts - Early morning (6:00am) #3,000 offline from Iyana Oworo to Dolphin Estate; it would be a steal, right?

(3) And since it's an early morning trip, there would be little or no traffic and it can be done in less than an hour;

(4) #3,000 is about what the trip would be on any of the apps; but whoever takes this trip doesn't have to give away 20 or 25%!

And to think the rebuttal got 5 likes ...

My own opinion, please.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
mrjaydee:

Please riders to your own peril. The ones that deserve kindness will be shown kindness.

No time to asslick anyone this 2020
No More No Less. cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
nitigriti:
Sometimes, we miss the best opportunities because they come dressed in overalls and look like hard work.

Early morning (6:00am) offline from FESTAC to YABA for #3,000 is a good deal for a driver staying around; for example, in Festac, Satelite Town or Amuwo Odofin!

(1) It's an early morning ride from a "dead zone" to a "woke" or "hot" area ehailing-wise;

(2) It's a short trip - only 18km! That's the distance from Iyana Oworo across Third Mainland bridge into Dolphin Estate.
Think, if someone posts - Early morning (6:00am) #3,000 offline from Iyana Oworo to Dolphin Estate; it would be a steal, right?

(3) And since it's an early morning trip, there would be little or no traffic and it can be done in less than an hour;

(4) #3,000 is about what the trip would be on any of the apps; but whoever takes this trip doesn't have to give away 20 or 25%!

My own opinion, please.

Lol

The trip will not be #3000 on any app, unless there is surge. I have done Festac to Yaba many times and it ends at 2k plus with commission.
3k was a very fair deal for someone residing in Festac.

But then, the thread is transforming. He got bashed for making an offer. Even now, we cheer ourselves up when a driver is rude to rider unnecessarily.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
izzou:

Lol

The trip will not be #3000 on any app, unless there is surge. I have done Festac to Yaba many times and it ends at 2k plus with commission.

But then, the thread is transforming. He got bashed for making an offer. Even now, we cheer ourselves up when a driver is rude to rider unnecessarily.

I've been thinking my thinking was wrong because I thought I was the only one surprised by the cheers.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Torg77:

R u serious ? That's a big lie. I have seen many uber driver with car model different when what u listed
Bros do you realize you're quoting posts of 5 years ago?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
nitigriti:

My own opinion, please.

Exactly, the deal wasnt bad for anyone living at festac.
I checked the estimate on both bolt and uber, they are 2k+
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
radautoworks:

Shipped yesterday so should be here this coming week. The North remembers.

Finally ... See me smiling
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
izzou:

Lol

My brother, we are becoming what we condemn here everyday.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
izzou:

Lol

My brother, I kukuma put #3,000 so there won't be any argument.

Me that I'm living in Egbeda, I will just call rider and beg him to add #500 for my fuel from Egbeda into FESTAC through Iyana Iba and do the trip.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
deedee44:

I've been thinking my thinking was wrong because I thought I was the only one surprised by the cheers.

I was surprised too

But then, we all have different ways, approaches and opinions concerning issues. So what may be right for me, may be wrong for someone else

And I wouldn't want to get bashed or insulted, so I'll just keep reading and learning grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
nitigriti:

My brother, I kukuma put #3,000 so there won't be any argument.

Me that I'm living in Egbeda, I will just call rider and beg him to add #500 for my fuel from Egbeda into FESTAC through Iyana Iba and do the trip.

A very easy trip. There is no how you'll get to Yaba, say 6:30am that another trip won't enter

I had checked the app when he made that offer. Wanted to quote him citing it as a fair deal, only for me to see him bashed

I kuku go rest Abeg. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
nitigriti:

My own opinion, please.

I remember one of those offlines I did. It was Chillex8 that linked me up with the client.

The offer was to drive someone from Agbara estate to IBIS Hotel, Ikeja. Meetup time was 7:00am on a Saturday morning. Rider offered #8,000.

I accepted; which sounds insane.

But here's how I reasoned it. I will wake up 5:30am, bath and leave my house by 6:00 am so I can get to Agbara by 7:00 am. If the rider is on time, we can leave by 7:30am and be in Ikeja by 9:00am; traffic or no traffic. Let's say I use #2,000 fuel for the trip, I will have #6,000 in my pocket by 9:00 am. I'm not paying Uber or Bolt any commission.

That was exactly what played out on the said day. Plus rider kukuma told me to do airport pickups of expatriates coming in throughout the day and dropoffs the next day plus returning him to Agbara estate on Monday afternoon.

There was enough profit that weekend.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
Gshems:

I am sorry if I sounded so wrong, I am new to naira land. If you have the link to any page I can learn from. I will really appreciate it.
I’m not annoy ooh guy annoy ke? na me get thread?

Just do as you’ve been adviced it requires patience but trust me you gonna enjoy reading.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
peeps4u:

My brother, we are becoming what we condemn here everyday.

grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
izzou:

I was surprised too

But then, we all have different ways, approaches and opinions concerning issues. So what may be right for me, may be wrong for someone else

And I wouldn't want to get bashed or insulted, so I'll just keep reading and learning grin

You now understand why I keep quiet... Happy New year man, may the new year bring with it our heart's desires
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
XGhost:

You now understand why I keep quiet... Happy New year man, may the new year bring with it our heart's desires

It took me this long to understand grin

Happy New Year sire. Amen to our heart desires
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Felicity001:

What kinda of certificate are you talking about? Maybe I should ask him to call the guy immediately and ask if such cert exist because the car is very good and cool for the price

He's right, there's a certificate (can't recall the exact name) or document if you like that Cars bought brand new from dealerships here come with, not custom papers. Ask the seller, he should have it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
nitigriti:

I remember one of those offlines I did. It was Chillex8 that linked me up with the client.

The offer was to drive someone from Agbara estate to IBIS Hotel, Ikeja. Meetup time was 7:00am on a Saturday morning. Rider offered #8,000.

I accepted; which sounds insane.

But here's how I reasoned it. I will wake up 5:30am, bath and leave my house by 6:00 am so I can get to Agbara by 7:00 am. If the rider is on time, we can leave by 7:30am and be in Ikeja by 9:00am; traffic or no traffic. Let's say I use #2,000 fuel for the trip, I will have #6,000 in my pocket by 9:00 am. I'm not paying Uber or Bolt any commission.

That was exactly what played out on the said day. Plus rider kukuma told me to do airport pickups of expatriates coming in throughout the day and dropoffs the next day plus returning him to Agbara estate on Monday afternoon.

There was enough profit that weekend.
Let me share an experience with you guys.
3months ago I picked up a rider at the airport and dropped her off somewhere around Ikotu.

Madam said she liked my services and my car AC so she booked me up for an offline trip to drop her at the airport 3-4day after.

She doesn’t mind my distance from her house since she could hardly get a ride that early morning from her area to the airport. She has tried severally according to her.

We settled at a and pickup time was 5:30am meaning I’ll have to wake up as early as 4:00am and definitely leave my house latest 4:30am on Saturday morning.
As guy man concern wey get responsility and rental to pay na I decided to do TDB on the island on Friday and along the line I had a puncture on one of my tyers. One thing I don’t joke with on car is Tyler and breaks so I Tried to get a vulcanizer on the mainland but couldn’t I then got a trip to surulere then from there found my way to Maryland junction.
Vulcanizer yapka everywhere, I bought hot tea y baba dey Bleep nonsense commot for the tyer body. Under 30min he was done.

I enter Allen from there do one or two trip within checked my time it was just 2am or there about, Ikeja was going dead even with my two apps on over 30min no request. Menh! Oya na, na to enter house be d next tin. Got to Abule egba within 5min road free like the way that leads to heaven.

Had a quick shower, enter bed, jumped up after like 1hr+. Do one or two enter road. Was very close to madam street only for me to get a text message from madam “I’m already on my way to the airport please don’t border coming again”. The cold wey enter my body enh I almost run enter trailer....

Ok I thought wise since I’m out very early make I just start hustle na... on a trip to the island lasma arrested me and I ended up parting 11k that morning.

Since that day I vowed never to do offline trip again unless the person pay me part in advance.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
XGhost:

He's right, there's a certificate (can't recall the exact name) or document if you like that Cars bought brand new from dealerships here come with, not custom papers. Ask the seller, he should have it.
Yes the seller said car was bought brand new by Guinness from Honda Place here in Lagos.

Chai! I’m feeling guilty now for advicing him not to buy it but I asked to ask the seller how he has been driving without duties he didn’t give me reply to my question.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
Felicity001:

Let me share an experience with you guys.
3months ago I picked up a rider at the airport and dropped her off somewhere around Ikotu.

Madam said she liked my services and my car AC so she booked me up for an offline trip to drop her at the airport 3-4day after.

She doesn’t mind my distance from her house since she could hardly get a ride that early morning from her area to the airport. She has tried severally according to her.

We settled at a and pickup time was 5:30am meaning I’ll have to wake up as early as 4:00am and definitely leave my house latest 4:30am on Saturday morning.
As guy man concern wey get responsility and rental to pay na I decided to do TDB on the island on Friday and along the line I had a puncture on one of my tyers. One thing I don’t joke with on car is Tyler and breaks so I Tried to get a vulcanizer on the mainland but couldn’t I then got a trip to surulere then from there found my way to Maryland junction.
Vulcanizer yapka everywhere, I bought hot tea y baba dey Bleep nonsense commot for the tyer body. Under 30min he was done.

I enter Allen from there do one or two trip within checked my time it was just 2am or there about, Ikeja was going dead even with my two apps on over 30min no request. Menh! Oya na, na to enter house be d next tin. Got to Abule egba within 5min road free like the way that leads to heaven.

Had a quick shower, enter bed, jumped up after like 1hr+. Do one or two enter road. Was very close to madam street only for me to get a text message from madam “I’m already on my way to the airport please don’t border coming again”. The cold wey enter my body enh I almost run enter trailer....

Ok I thought wise since I’m out very early make I just start hustle na... on a trip to the island lasma arrested me and I ended up parting 11k that morning.

Since that day I vowed never to do offline trip again unless the person pay me part in advance.

Dem go soon accuse you of not being human and behaving like that we (they) condemn. grin

If by now none of you have contacted the guy for the 3k offline, you better keep your fingers and continue looking and learning like you cunningly admitted.

Spits

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
tojahh:

My guy... Once I do the first stop, any other stop we have to end the trip. I don't care about what you care about as a rider. You cannot tell a danfo, korope, yellow cab or BRT to be waiting for you while you pick up your colleage who most tines isn't even ready for the trip.

Bros, eyes have seen things. No time for pleasantness.

I got a request, the girl was going to ozone cinema. Got there she entered said we should wait for her friend. After like 10mins she showed up with 4 teens! At the end I canceled trip after waiting a whole 17mins.

Guy as I was about reversing na so I hit my tail light for fence and the thing crack.

Bros you dey vex ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy2000: 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
my thinking is that we need a union for this kind of job i swear, its frustrating. its sometimes not worth it, especially the oloshos
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
izzou:

I was surprised too

Yeah sometimes it's better to just stay quiet and read, especially when opinions differ. Las las everybody is right
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 12:07am On Jan 04, 2020
Y1nka:

Early morning from Festac to YABA, 3k. And driver gaz even wake up before 6am to meet up and drive you all the way to YABA from Festac. 3k?! Wow! You try o
Person say he dey go Yaba left....yu self no reason am grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 12:10am On Jan 04, 2020
Felicity001:

Ma’am you won’t blame us oh it’s the situation of the country that tailored us to be like that. The person I’m even trying to assist with this information believe me I don’t know him and never have I meet him but we belong to same group on Ocar WhatsApp group.

The guy in question is married with kids and he’s in a HP and he’s finding it very difficult to meet up with just taxify baring in mind Ocar is not meeting up to drivers expectations. I just pitied him and promised to assist him by ranking my head and asking people with better experience than I.

So don’t blame us blame the system which is cause by our leaders.

Ocar group, abeg share me na.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eroticecstasy: 2:53am On Jan 04, 2020
Please I need a car for the hustle
I reside at Epe, though it doesn't matter,
weekly returns is the ultimate.
My number is 09056997419

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:08am On Jan 04, 2020
DonJoeSneh:
Person say he dey go Yaba left....yu self no reason am grin

So what's the biggy going Yaba left?
What if rider is a Doctor? Or he's just visiting someone he knows? Or he's a restaurant owner in the complex?

Let's even assume he's a patient. What's actually the biggy?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AngryIgboMan: 6:18am On Jan 04, 2020

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:20am On Jan 04, 2020
nitigriti:

So what's the biggy going Yaba left?
What if rider is a Doctor? Or he's just visiting someone he knows? Or he's a restaurant owner in the complex?

Let's even assume he's a patient. What's actually the biggy?
Oga easy na shuuu!!! Someone can not play with you!

Lolzzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: confusedworld17, Barbiturate(m), Itsrm(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.