Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4775470 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
laluski:
I asked if 2007 Toyota Camry muscle is good for Uber nobody answered.i still await your inputs please.
Tnx

I think izzou replied you.

If the car is yours, you may try it. I've seen about two people using same car for ehailing.

BUT;

Don't give it out for rental.
Dont accept it for rental.

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good evening great people... Please ooo.. Since yesterday, my AC started blowing out this funny wet dog like smell... I have gone and bought air freshener stick and added at the cleaner area.

It reduced, only to come back today. Please what might be wrong.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
mistadayo:
That is how I paid 4k today to all those local govt council idiots at toyin round about
they tried it with me last week,as the guy dey enter rd to block me,na so i increase my speed,idiot jump out,all i heard is "oloriburuku"

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommy78: 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
eroticecstasy:

I'm interested, it will do the work very well
Please I need a car for the ehauling business (rental)
My numbers are 09056997419, 09030827835

Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Babadee1900:
All these questions bros, if you ask me na who I go ask?

Today I only did one trip! From LBS to Airport between 6am to 7:25am (#4800). I roamed around Ikeja till 9am, no request. I went to Oworonshoki, picked Law School passengers so I don't blow empty to VI. All the while my app was on, no request still. After I dropped the passengers I turned back at Civic Center to use falomo bridge to get to Ikoyi.

I went to my friend's office to relax, hoping I will get request, when the time was 1pm I just went back to Law school to pick Ajah passengers. Been home resting since then.

Who still drives on OCar or Oride?

You go ask Uche boss... All well, we go survive las las. Today is kinda good and soft for me, I'm at home as well.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
fasa199:

Good day sir, search of a woman on Nairaland she does genuine license. Anytime I’m stopped and frsc or police take a look at my license, they are always dumbfounded because it’s genuine and original. This is her contact 08023138853. Her name is pattfb or so can’t remember. 1 month and you have the temporary. Good luck
I don't understand why original will make them dumbfounded

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
skillip:
. I've said it before with time Uche and his crew will soon be driving part time. 26 trips for where na ? I don bone that crap long ago. I'll do 40trips , comot 26 trips for weekend inside because of 5% commission. ki lo de ? it's not feasible for me.

I won't even try to go after that bonus, unless fate have all in place for me.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Joee2932: 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
calabardick:

It's not stinginess. The White does this often, some goes as far as changing internal engine components.

Do it sir, it's fun
the day I tried DIY I spent extra 15k for my mistake. Wanted to change engine oil I went under d car and loose gear oil nut instead of engine oil nut. After throwing d oil inside gutter I check d gauge and the oil still gauge. Then I realize I’ve made terrible mistake. I called Oga Gazzuzz and he advise me to buy Toyota gear oil. Since then I don’t DIY again. I look for kazeem and give him 1k to change oil.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Joee2932:
the day I tried DIY I spent extra 15k for my mistake. Wanted to change engine oil I went under d car and loose gear oil nut instead of engine oil nut. After throwing d oil inside gutter I check d gauge and the oil still gauge. Then I realize I’ve made terrible mistake. I called Oga Gazzuzz and he advise me to buy Toyota gear oil. Since then I don’t DIY again. I look for kazeem and give him 1k to change oil.

[img]https://media1./images/e0b774fe9a35a286f20dfa2d9b2e5f3e/tenor.gif?itemid=7759128[/img]

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
Joee2932:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy2000: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
where are the hot cakes this weekend please , i need to make little change abeg
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seunoj: 9:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
Joee2932:

You make mistakes and learn from it as a DIY.
The sad part is when kazeems make mistakes, we pay for it. They will manipulate you and say it's different from the last fix.

There are things you can DIY and things you can't. You need to figure it out

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2020
Joee2932:

Lemmi not say wots on my mind...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
peeps4u:

Some people see DIY as being stingy but may be because of my engineering orientation, I always want to try troubleshoot on my own before I take it to technicians.

It's not that. It's not everyone you can advice to DIY. When they f stuff up na you dem go dey blame

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EzekielMab(m): 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello bosses , how far?

I got a car a month ago, all of a sudden the car goes off in traffic.

Pls what can be the cause ??

Gazuuz, abeg help my life.

My first trip on Taxify sef, I forgot to start trip angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gshems: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
DonJoeSneh:

Ha!!! Wait ooo....August 2018 to September 2019 shey ah never enter one chance so?

I heard some pipo do express for 28k/30k how genuine is it? Car just dey waste for house, i need money abeg.

I paid for license since October, them never call me for capturing. Vehicle just dey house dey looke for eyes.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gshems: 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
eyinola:
me i was even told to pay for the driving school but over 2 months now i have not seen anything, went to their office yesterday same story to hold on till month end..what i don't even understand is that i didn't do capturing den i was only given a form to attached my passport to

Same here ó. �

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EzekielMab(m): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Does this 75% affect me at all ??

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 1:06am On Jan 10, 2020
omorkelly:
hello bro, do have data bundle for etisalat as well?

quote author=DonJoeSneh post=85642910] No probs, na to dey wait then. He promised the cert will be out next week sha. Thanks.
Yes boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 1:09am On Jan 10, 2020
Babadee1900:
All these questions bros, if you ask me na who I go ask?

Today I only did one trip! From LBS to Airport between 6am to 7:25am (#4800). I roamed around Ikeja till 9am, no request. I went to Oworonshoki, picked Law School passengers so I don't blow empty to VI. All the while my app was on, no request still. After I dropped the passengers I turned back at Civic Center to use falomo bridge to get to Ikoyi.

I went to my friend's office to relax, hoping I will get request, when the time was 1pm I just went back to Law school to pick Ajah passengers. Been home resting since then.

Who still drives on OCar or Oride?

A lot still needs to be learnt in this hustle, see how you still manage to make something for yourself for the day.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 1:14am On Jan 10, 2020
Gshems:

I paid for license since October, them never call me for capturing. Vehicle just dey house dey looke for eyes.
Ha! Una don dey fear me oooo....October ke.

Abeg, anyone with correct offline trip, make una halla me ooo....ah dey Ikeja GRA.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:24am On Jan 10, 2020
Joee2932:
At least you now know which nut not to loosen, that means you can now DIY but gave in to fear of past mistake wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:58am On Jan 10, 2020
DonJoeSneh:

A lot still needs to be learnt in this hustle, see how you still manage to make something for yourself for the day.
You will do just fine bro. By the way try not to pick random passengers at night when you start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 5:27am On Jan 10, 2020
[so how do i subscribe for 9mobile.
i have tried to add you on whattapp but not successful

quote author=DonJoeSneh post=85660735] Yes boss[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 6:02am On Jan 10, 2020
ajoks533:
Good evening great people... Please ooo.. Since yesterday, my AC started blowing out this funny wet dog like smell... I have gone and bought air freshener stick and added at the cleaner area.

It reduced, only to come back today. Please what might be wrong.

Good morning.... Any ideas please.

In addition, I noticed my car was consuming alot of fuel, so I did a diagnosis on the car and there was a catalytic error. So I asked a panel beater to check the exhaust out for leakages and to check on the catalysts which he confirmed has been stolen.

We proceeded to buying the exhaust manifold and he advised we get a cheaper one for the one at the center then cut to size. However, things improved ever since especially when I am driving within streets or just cruising softly, but I noticed that my fuel drops drastically when I do long distance trips on highways (Google map like giving me directions through the highways) or when I am driving to meet up with time like James Bond.

Secondly, I noticed the car will always rev high before the gear can change or I will need to release the throttle for it to change.

Please what could be the possible cause of all these.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EaRtHgUy(m): 6:34am On Jan 10, 2020
Guys please I need your help. How do I go about this toll gate sticker thing. I want to get the sticker for both the admiralty plaza and lekki-ikoyi link bridge and I want to do it today. guys please help.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 6:56am On Jan 10, 2020
Joee2932:

If you're not conversant with DIY, a little research is required, either in your maintenance manual or online. That's why in my own case I went online to know the firing order. Before I do anything I go through my manuals, then confirm online.

When I wanted guaging my gear oil for the first time I was confused, I search the entire hood I didn't see any dipstick other than engine oil. I left the car for days until I was chanced to go online that's how I discove that I have to go under with some sort of alentkey. Down there might be confusing because you'll see a bolt and the alentkey close to each other. Bolt is for draining.

You have to study the manuals and online as well.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2020
calabardick:

Don't let this trouble you.
It's your speed sensor, locate it, follow the wires, rats might have cut it, you don't need any electrician it's a DIY.
I'm busy now I would've tell you the location of this sensor. Some cars have it on the transmission.

I had issue with my car. When driving it will throw the car into limp mode, abs, traction went off. I tried everything it didn't stop.

Took it for a scan at Dunlop close to Lekki central mosque, the computer shows bank 1, 3, etc. can't recall all.
The bill they gave me for the repairs was scary, including injector, fuel pump, abs (most of these companies na scam).

I went back home so sad, spend the whole night online researching. I later realized it's a global problem (2015 4Runner) rat cut my nozzle wires. I put on my coverall the next morning, pull out my tools box, open my engine bay, low and behold rats converted my engine to their palace, feces everywhere. I had difficulty identifying my firing order, I went online again, printed the firing order diagram, came back, Locate cylinder 1, aka bank one, trace the nozzle cable, gbam rat don chop am. I unplugged it, join it, insulate it properly, then connect it back, do same to bank 3. I used that opportunity to replace all my plugs and service the nozzles.

Start the car, everything went normal. I drove to freedom way for a test run and it gave me what I wanted.
Went back to Dunlop, rescan the car and it was perfect, put it in their car wash, they wash the engine bay as well. From there I proceeded to circle mall, buy rat repellant and do the needful.
I went home happily without spending a dime.

Their bill was far above half a million.

You just have to learn how to do most of these things. The only thing I pay for now is alignment and balancing @petrocam.

My engine oil and oil filter I change alone. The transmission have no dip stick, you need alent key, I do it alone.

It will help you if you can
Haha...baba you kill it! Nothing left to b done.
Mechanics are just reaping us off they all don’t have a conscience. I don’t blame them after all it last we the ignorant once I blame.

Like our Aunty wey dey charge 10k to change just a shock or 5k/hr I really don’t know y someone should charge outrageously just for a simple service all in the name of expertise. Las las they still don’t solve the problem.

Anyways, man must whak!
But shouldn’t be at the expense of your neighbor’s comfort.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 7:13am On Jan 10, 2020
ajoks533:

Good morning.... Any ideas please.

In addition, I noticed my car was consuming alot of fuel, so I did a diagnosis on the car and there was a catalytic error. So I asked a panel beater to check the exhaust out for leakages and to check on the catalysts which he confirmed has been stolen.

We proceeded to buying the exhaust manifold and he advised we get a cheaper one for the one at the center then cut to size. However, things improved ever since especially when I am driving within streets or just cruising softly, but I noticed that my fuel drops drastically when I do long distance trips on highways (Google map like giving me directions through the highways) or when I am driving to meet up with time like James Bond.

Seconadly, I noticed the car will always rev high before the gear can change or I will need to release the throttle for it to change.

Please what could be the possible cause of all these.

When was the last time you check the level of your transmission fluid?
When was the last time you replace the fluid?
Was it replaced with the recommended oil?
If you're the type that hit the accelerator to the end and want the car to take off like formula 1 car, then you've issued a death warrant to your transmission, it's going.

As for the fuel consumption, it's normal, it depends on your driving pattern.
Cars fitted with 1. engines are not for highway driving, they're meant for city drive, once you hit higher the story changes.

Fuel consumption is RPM base.
For example, on a highway if you're running 140km/h with a 1.xL engine (Corolla), your rpm may hit 3 - 4K, whereas a car fitted with a 3.0L engine will do same speed with a lower rpm, he burns less fuel than you.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 7:19am On Jan 10, 2020
Felicity001:

Haha...baba you kill it! Nothing left to b done.
Mechanics are just reaping us off they all don’t have a conscience. I don’t blame them after all it last we the ignorant once I blame.

Like our Aunty wey dey charge 10k to change just a shock or 5k/hr I really don’t know y someone should charge outrageously just for a simple service all in the name of expertise. Las las they still don’t solve the problem.

Anyways, man must whak!
But shouldn’t be at the expense of your neighbor’s comfort.

The price of ignorance is outrageous, we all pay for our ignorances in one way or the order.

But I don't go mechanics after diagnosis I embark on deep research. Last Saturday I replaced my MAF after a diagnose.
The last thing they did for me was to change my linkage. I didn't want to stress myself with that.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:33am On Jan 10, 2020
skillip:
. I've said it before with time Uche and his crew will soon be driving part time. 26 trips for where na ? I don bone that crap long ago. I'll do 40trips , comot 26 trips for weekend inside because of 5% commission. ki lo de ? it's not feasible for me.
Lol... this is what is good for bolt. I’ve mailed this Uche of a guy abi na woman I don’t even care to know countless numbers of times, even told them I’ll boyco them... now look they’re begging me to reactive my account with them. This first mail was asking after me, second was “is there any where we can be of help to why you’ve not been driving with us?” Now, just yesterday see what they sent me. I’m sure they’ll come with a bigger offer in their next mailgrin

2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 7:37am On Jan 10, 2020
Make I hit road this morning and taxifire show me this angry
The last time I worked was on Sunday and everything was fine as at that day. Wot could av went wrong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: tbred, dubra, Kaymaxi2222(m), Abdulstoic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.