Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4773648 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) (2301) (2302) (2303) ... (5697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
nitigriti:

A rider laid a complaint about your vehicle.

(1/4)
I remember when a rider reported me to Uber and Uber told me to go re-inspect my vehicle.

It was at Akowonjo Roundabout. I came down from Dopemu bridge and took the Roundabout. Since the road was free, I was on reasonable speed. Suddenly, this chap carrying a bundle of long Aluminum window frames darted across the road. The situation became an emergency — it's either I slammed my brakes or kill somebody. I slammed my brakes.

One Keke had followed behind me round the roundabout on speed. Guy man was doing bumper to bumper with me. As I slammed the brakes to stop, he didn't want to collide with my car, so he swerved out from behind me. His Keke hit my rear and tumbled. He had 4 riders in the Keke — 2 of them had not-too-serious injuries.

Come and see pandemonium.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gshems: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
Which one of you disturbed these girls?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
nitigriti:

(2/4)
Keke driver first of all came down and grabbed me by my trousers. My rider who was sitting behind was in shock when she came down and saw the Keke on the floor with the riders scrambling out. A crowd gathered. The Keke was a crumpled mess.

"Oga, you are at fault. Why did you brake suddenly? Didn't you know I was at your back?"

Of course, I went to driving school. And I knew that if any vehicle impacted the rear of a vehicle I am driving, that driver is the one at fault; not me. That is why driving school instructors would tell learners to always keep a safe braking distance from the vehicle in their front in case of emergencies.

But how can I explain this to a mob?

First, I requested that we all wait for the traffic police at the roundabout to come so we can incident the accident. Traffic Olopa came, illiterate like that (pun intended) and decided in his almightiness that I was at fault. He became the complainant, the judge and the jury.

He told me to first carry the injured people to the hospital in my car and pay for their treatment; and then I will follow him to the station so I can tell the DTO how I will repair the damaged crumpled keke.

I said, "Ok, no problem." I got my rider a yellow cab, after which Olopa sat in front and the injured at the back of the car. Keke man, with the help of bystanders, somehow lifted the keke off the floor.

Off we go to the hospital.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gshems: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
peeps4u:

Yes, but I advise you use Gionee

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
tojahh:

Please uncle tell us the story...............
grin grin grin morale of d story is "his 75k went down the drain
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
nitigriti:

(2/4)
Keke driver first of all came down and grabbed me by my trousers. My rider who was sitting behind was in shock when she came down and saw the Keke on the floor with the riders scrambling out. A crowd gathered. The Keke was a crumpled mess.

"Oga, you are at fault. Why did you brake suddenly? Didn't you know I was at your back?"

Of course, I went to driving school. And I knew that if any vehicle impacted the rear of a vehicle I am driving, that driver is the one at fault; not me. That is why driving school instructors would tell learners to always keep a safe braking distance from the vehicle in their front in case of emergencies.

But how can I explain this to a mob?

First, I requested that we all wait for the traffic police at the roundabout come so we can incident the accident. Traffic Olopa came, illiterate like that (pun intended) and decided in his almightiness that I was at fault. He became the complainant, the judge and the jury.

He told me to first carry the injured people to the hospital in my car and pay for their treatment; and then I will follow him to the station so I can tell the DTO how I will repair the damaged crumpled keke.

I said, "Ok, no problem." I got my rider a yellow cab, after which Olopa sat in front and the injured at the back of the car. Keke man, with the help of bystanders, somehow lifted the keke off the floor.

Off we go to the hospital.

Where is my Pop corn?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
nitigriti:

(3/4)
On our way to the hospital, there is nothing illiterate Olopa didn't call me. He threatened me that I had better settle him so he can find a way to settle myself and the Keke driver, if not, if he incidents the accident, Police will seize my car and will not release it until I buy Keke driver a new keke.

I just kept quiet.

At the hospital, I paid the bills of the injured people; then we headed off to the Police Station (Shasha). By now, a small crowd of the Keke driver's friends were following us on bike and in Kekes. All of them had not-so-nice words for me.

Getting to Shasha Police Station, we met DTO fortunately. It was around 6:30p.m. and he had changed into mufti and was getting ready to go. In fact, we met him just inside the compound about to enter his vehicle and leave.

Immediately he saw us, he asked illiterate Olopa what the problem was. Illiterate Olopa said there was an accident, and then wanted to start explaining. DTO hushed him.

DTO turned to me and asked me what happened. I explained to him.
DTO turned to Keke driver and asked him what happened. Keke driver explained basically the same thing I had explained earlier.
DTO now turned to illiterate Olopa and asked him to judge the case. Illiterate Olopa went into a tirade. DTO had to hush him again.

DTO: (Pointing to me) This gentleman has done nothing wrong. He braked in an emergency, which was the right thing to do. Or should he have run over the person crossing the road?
DTO: (Pointing at Keke driver) Go and repair your Keke by yourself. Next time, you will know how to regulate your speed behind cars.
DTO: (To everybody) Everybody should go home. There is nothing to incident in this case.

Everybody was dumbfounded. Keke driver and his friends now started begging me that I should at least help my brother (Keke driver) with part payment for repairs. At all, at all, they said I should drop #15,000; that God has blessed me already.

Brother ko, blother ni.
I entered my car and left.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
nitigriti:

(4/4)
Meanwhile, rider had rated me 1-star and reported me to Uber.
Eyes have seen in this hustle.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
abiolag:

Thanx. I’ve just completed d re-inspection and I got d mail that I passed but I can’t still go online
How long does it take pls?

Boss wots the rush for?

Rider: can you wait for me
Me: No problem ma, do you have a parking space? grin Tojahh that is saying nothing like winter and u ran away las las. Now I know why u r saying nothing like winter.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
tojahh:

Some of us are more Streeter grin
Guy no bring that leg o... undon commot for Street now o... na we still get street
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
Vision2045:

No ..I am just sharing with you my experience with redmi 8

But u can check out for that phone, ensure u meet seller at your preferred/ Open location.

Or post it on phone section of NL i will surely get an offer
Oh thank my guy... you too much
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
gunzANDroses:

But if you gist us full story e no for bad o. Make we use am dey pass time while the winter blow pass.

Haha... abi o...
This winter com be like say e long o grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
tojahh:

Please uncle tell us the story...............
gunzANDroses:

But bros if you needed to look picture you for go online, there are more than enough picture online na. I guess say you see wetin you dey find

These days if you pick your woman phone you better clad your heart with armour cos heart attack maybe eminent.

But if you gist us full story e no for bad o. Make we use am dey pass time while the winter blow pass.

Lol. Woman mata plenty jare.
I already saw her misbehaving signs, tho i was not a saint myself, she only had the priveledge of being the main chick out of 4 others.

I later found out she went with 3 other friends to see one celebrity fashion designer tho, but another sharp girl already graduated to Main Chick b4 den cheesy

PS. Beta learn to check you babe and even wife phone sometimes. Things dey happen for relationships. Ena wey dey drive suppose dey hear sum calls wey ena Riders dey make. The money spent will definitely make u angry, but like dat guy for Frontpage dey always talk "may we never be broke for too long because brokenness is not of the lord" wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
nitigriti:

(4/4)
Meanwhile, rider had rated me 1-star and reported me to Uber.
Eyes have seen in this hustle.
Hahaha... chai!!! What an unfortunate and hilarious experience.

Thank God you calmed down and followed the illiterate olopka else everybody would have decended in you like fallen angels.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
I thought this thing had ended long ago.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
deedee44:

I always tell people big daddy consumes lesser fuel than a Corolla on an interstate trip but most of them don't believe. I've driven the 2 so I know for a fact

You're right. The bigger the engine the lesser the fuel you burn on highway.
The worst is the so call hybrid, Don't dare it on highway, you go hear am

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
nitigriti:

It won't take long, but just to fast track, go to their office.
I won’t have d time to go to their office cos I’m at work. I just sneaked out to do d inspection sef. Since I work only on weekends
Will it be sorted out if I call d number or I should just relax and wait?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
SaintHilary:

PS. Beta learn to check you babe and even wife phone sometimes.)

Guy if you know what is good for your healt stay away from your partners phone. This advice is from the doctor’s desk so be guided.

As for gf or bf stay totally away from their phones it’s their privacy which everyone needs to respect.

it could be different if it’s your spouse but for your own good just stay away.

Also, understand that you’re married doesn’t stop someone from loving you or going after you or even you from having emotions towards some other persons. Remember we have polygamy and polyandry marriages and even worse people get Divorce just to get married to other persons.

My two cent

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 3:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
SaintHilary:

Lol. Woman mata plenty jare.
I already saw her misbehaving signs, tho i was not a saint myself, she only had the priveledge of being the main chick out of 4 others.

I later found out she went with 3 other friends to see one celebrity fashion designer tho, but another sharp girl already graduated to Main Chick b4 den cheesy

PS. Beta learn to check you babe and even wife phone sometimes. Things dey happen for relationships. Ena wey dey drive suppose dey hear sum calls wey ena Riders dey make. The money spent will definitely make u angry, but like dat guy for Frontpage dey always talk "may we never be broke for too long because brokenness is not of the lord" wink

That's the first lesson I learned when I started Uber, fear women.
Woes everywhere.

According to my friend, when I trash your condom you're trashed, new condom new woman.
I rather be on my own, I no get strength for their stupid confusion and explanation.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
Felicity001:

Guy no bring that leg o... undon commot for Street now o... na we still get street

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
nitigriti:

(3/4)
On our way to the hospital, there is nothing illiterate Olopa didn't call me. He threatened me that I had better settle him so he can find a way to settle myself and the Keke driver, if not, if he incidents the accident, Police will seize my car and will not release it until I buy Keke driver a new keke.

I just kept quiet.

At the hospital, I paid the bills of the injured people; then we headed off to the Police Station (Shasha). By now, a small crowd of the Keke driver's friends were following us on bike and in Kekes. All of them had not-so-nice words for me.

Getting to Shasha Police Station, we met DTO fortunately. It was around 6:30p.m. and he had changed into mufti and was getting ready to go. In fact, we met him just inside the compound about to enter his vehicle and leave.

Immediately he saw us, he asked illiterate Olopa what the problem was. Illiterate Olopa said there was an accident, and then wanted to start explaining. DTO hushed him.

DTO turned to Keke driver and asked him what happened. Keke driver explained basically the same thing I had explained earlier.
DTO now turned to illiterate Olopa and asked him to judge the case. Illiterate Olopa went into a tirade. DTO had to hush him again.

DTO: (Pointing to me) This gentleman has done nothing wrong. He braked in an emergency, which was the right thing to do. Or should he have run over the person crossing the road?
DTO: (Pointing at Keke driver) Go and repair your Keke by yourself. Next time, you will know how to regulate your speed behind cars.
DTO: (To everybody) Everybody should go home. There is nothing to incident in this case.

Everybody was dumbfounded. Keke driver and his friends now started begging me that I should at least help my brother (Keke driver) with part payment for repairs. At all, at all, they said I should drop #15,000; that God has blessed me already.

Brother ko, blother ni.

Thunder fire them, no commercial transporter will dent my car out of their stupidity and still had the guts to blame me, after packing that car in Bonny camp, it will be dissect at ladipo next few days if you don't comply. Those illiterate mallams are stupid and wicked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
pope191:

Boss wots the rush for?

Rider: can you wait for me
Me: No problem ma, do you have a parking space? grin Tojahh that is saying nothing like winter and u ran away las las. Now I know why u r saying nothing like winter.

Wetin I do na

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
All these "Don't touch your spouses' phones" gists.
Are you people lighting another ovens elsewhere?
I understand your points of arguments though.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bigiyaro(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
peeps4u:

Yes, but I advise you use Gionee
can a GPS device work? or it must b a phone?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
smiley

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
EzekielMab:
Does this 75% affect me at all ??
see virgin o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
bigiyaro:
can a GPS device work? or it must b a phone?

The ehailing apps work with the phone's GPS to calculate the distance covered and estimate your fares.

So, yes you need a phone with good gps to work.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bigiyaro(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
peeps4u:

The ehailing apps work with the phone's GPS to calculate the distance covered and estimate your fares.

So, yes you need a phone with good gps to work.

OK. I was thinking of this
https://www.nairaland.com/3039787/pure-android-car-dvd-navi
if one can install the app on it, it will be better than a phone IMO.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
bigiyaro:
OK. I was thinking of this https://www.nairaland.com/3039787/pure-android-car-dvd-navi if one can install the app on it, it will be better than a phone IMO.
Just checked and I can't see why it can't work.
Runs on android 7.0 3GB RAM and so on..........
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bigiyaro(m): 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
peeps4u:

Just checked and I can't see why it can't work.
Runs on android 7.0 3GB RAM and so on..........
thanks, am going for it, I preferred it to a phone.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
nitigriti:

(3/4)

I just kept quiet.

Brother ko, blother ni.

You've done well boss, just thinking wot u would have done if the DTO didn't support your claim.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
1daboi:
see virgin o

We r about to witness d first 40% activity scores

(1) (2) (3) ... (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) (2301) (2302) (2303) ... (5697) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Pearl1910

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.