Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748628 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2339) (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) (2344) (2345) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
Jiayu:
Wow. What an experience! And she go know sey the road bad o.
I learnt a lesson from this.
Most of them know. they just don’t care

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
Jiayu:
Wow. What an experience! And she go know sey the road bad o.
I learnt a lesson from this.

I swear by my oloshos at farmcity... Those people knows their road and pick up point is not motorable but... Shey no be Uber? Abi I no dey pay you? (These are their logo).

That lady, believe me Babadee is not the first driver she had requested. Peeps have cancelled on her reason why she had to walk all the way to where babadee's car sunk! And she didn't cancel till the car was pulled out? No, its not natural.

Make we hear from Pope91

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 6:22pm On Jan 25, 2020
Jiayu:
Guys anyone experiencing this. No GPS connection? Whereas I am online. It's been difficult to get actual fares.

Trips keep ending in 500 naira. Been asking for reviews and some passengers can just be mean and not understanding.
you are not alone....Bolt is really messing up

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
tojahh:

I swear by my oloshos at farmcity... Those people knows their road and pick up point is not motorable but... Shey no be Uber? Abi I no dey pay you? (These are their logo).

That lady, believe me Babadee is not the first driver she had requested. Peeps have cancelled on her reason why she had to walk all the way to where babadee's car sunk! And she didn't cancel till the car was pulled out? No, its not natural.

Make we hear from Pope91
She knows bro! Nothing like sorry about what you went through from her, I couldn’t even care. I was so mad yet calm.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:53pm On Jan 25, 2020
Jiayu:
Guys anyone experiencing this. No GPS connection? Whereas I am online. It's been difficult to get actual fares.

Trips keep ending in 500 naira. Been asking for reviews and some passengers can just be mean and not understanding.
I don’t know if it’s the Android app that’s misbehaving. I got tired of telling riders ‘pls give me a moment, my app is down’ whenever I want to start trip or end trip or asking them what was the estimate they got when booking after ending trip and seeing 500. I had to change to iPhone last week and it’s been a smooth sailing. Only downside is I’m spending so much on data now.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bamirotola: 7:17pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hello people, please i need your advise o.o, I was offline for over a month, suddenly I received a message from uche that I should pay the sum of 130k to their account... I rushed to my account and realised there was a full day trip on one Thursday, nd that Thursday accumulated to 130k..

I called them to let them know the situation and they said I should visit their office, getting there they said I would have to pay the 130k... I was like AYEYMBJN , Wch 130k... D one I did not work for!

Later they said suspicious activity occurred on my account and was told my account was hacked ..

Since then I no ft use my app again...

Is there any way out of this people? Its not my fault their app was vulnerable enough for people to hack na..

Please I need your advice !

And also I need a car for rental in Lagos... Kindly whatsapp me on 09051715074
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2020
bamirotola:
Hello people, please i need your advise o.o, I was offline for over a month, suddenly I received a message from uche that I should pay the sum of 130k to their account... I rushed to my account and realised there was a full day trip on one Thursday, nd that Thursday accumulated to 130k..

I called them to let them know the situation and they said I should visit their office, getting there they said I would have to pay the 130k... I was like AYEYMBJN , Wch 130k... D one I did not work for!

Later they said suspicious activity occurred on my account and was told my account was hacked ..

Is there any way out of this people? Its not my fault their app was vulnerable enough for people to hack na..

Someone had answer you na. He said is not online help that you need. You have to rectify it legally .

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2020
tojahh:

Make we hear from Pope91

Boss u need to understand, its not that I'm olosho's advocate, but most times they can't comfortably walk in those gown's and hill's, even sweat will destroy dia foundation. Boss do you know how many minutes it take to fix eye lashes? Or get the right mascara? We need to understand that drivers and oloshos have symbiotic relationship, so let's create more room to accommodate each other. Lemmi come and b going

Babadee, please I apologise on her behalf, for the stress and damage.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
pope191:

Boss u need to understand, its not that I'm olosho's advocate, but most times they can't comfortably walk in those gown's and hill's, even sweat will destroy dia foundation. Boss do you know how many minutes it take fix eye lashes? Or get the right mascara? We need to understand that drivers and oloshos have symbiotic relationship, so let's create more room to accommodate each other. Lemmi come and b going

Babadee, please I apologise on her behalf, for the stress and damage.
funny guy. I miss that food at Admiralty road (inside the kiosk) chai. Will make out time and visit there soon. I've not been driving since this January. Man shall not live by driving alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2020
bamirotola:

But how could a day work earn 130k?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2020
1daboi:
funny guy. I miss that food at Admiralty road (inside the kiosk) chai. Will make out time and visit there soon. I've not been driving since this January. Man shall not live by driving alone.

No forget to call me o. Me sef go like follow una.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2020
peeps4u:

. It's either Saka Jojo or Saka Tinubu plus surge of 10.10 inconsistently.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 25, 2020
radautoworks:

At 11k it is definitely counterfeit. Liqui-moly is more expensive than Mobil. I don't know of any high mileage synthetic oil in your price range. I've attached a picture of authentic liqui-moly
Yours is too expensive.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:35pm On Jan 25, 2020
peeps4u:

The 130k in a day is actually a problem.
But my major concern is..... How will a trip end 130k and bolt will tell him to pay 130k to their account?

How much should be their commission?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Yours is too expensive.
That's not true, I've bought oil there several times and I get best price and quality.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 25, 2020
Xneg:

That's not true, I've bought oil there several times and I get best price and quality.
Next time get the full picture of the discourse.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 11:37pm On Jan 25, 2020
Pls where can I get links to get toks corrola. A friend needs to get like 2, but doesn't want to go through the stress of bringing in.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 11:54pm On Jan 25, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Next time get the full picture of the discourse.

Okay.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:02am On Jan 26, 2020
Cooladex:
Pls where can I get links to get toks corrola. A friend needs to get like 2, but doesn't want to go through the stress of bringing in.

Year?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 12:13am On Jan 26, 2020
donfortune48:

Year?
From 03-05.
Just message me. I'll reply.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:56am On Jan 26, 2020
thebigkendo:

I disagree ma,
Is this mobil 1 a counterfeit?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2764502_img20150820161417_jpeg841880741a17e55b08cd1dfa1d59d6ce

Same Oil brand from different country or region will come with a different packaging and maybe quality and price, doesn't mean one of them is counterfeit

Yes, however unless it's stolen, authentic liqui-moly is not going for 11k

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:19am On Jan 26, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Yours is too expensive.

Mine is real wink

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AngryIgboMan: 3:27am On Jan 26, 2020

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:37am On Jan 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
Most of them know. they just don’t care
Wicked people... You would have started the trip right from the moment she called to confirm seeing you, thats how me I do most times. Wicked riders.

But you too y no turn back when u c say d sand don dey plenty? It came too late. Me I take most of angryigboman's advice on badroad especially once its past 7pm unless it a terrain I know very well I go.

Anyways, sorry ok it happens sometimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 26, 2020
radautoworks:

Mine is real wink
Well for someone who has been close to the oil industry you need to examine both .... you'll be surprised!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:52am On Jan 26, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
I have said this before and I will keep on saying it;

"If you want to remain long in the game, you have to bring your A game to the table".

There is a reason I barely visit Mechanics again ever since I learnt my lessons in this business. There is a reason I have never chopped Taxify bonus in this business. The reason is simple, I don't pursue it because of the stringent rules attached to it. How can you tell me that to make extra 4k this week, I should accept 80% orders and complete 90% of it while being online for 15 hours?

This implies I have to go to all the bad bad places whether I like it or not. Same 4k I can make in a day either thru saka Tinubu or through dealing with Taxify? Please dont ask me how.

I mean why do people like to suffer?

Do you know that Oyibo people have made life so easy. There is google maps, there is google earth, there is gps navigator. If a rider requests an unknown or suspicious place, why not use google earth and see the pickup location and final destination? Even google maps does it atimes!

I have also said it times without number. If a rider requests a destination that sounds like an oracle or demon that will kill you without any offence, simply research the location either by calling experienced drivers or using google earth.

This is what I normally do to riders;

Gbam gbam gbam gbam gbam gbam gbam gbam

Me: Hello Ma, you requested a ride. Are you at this bla bla bla

Rider: Yes

Me: Where are you heading to?

Rider: Akute Ajuwon

Me: Ok am coming.

I will go into google earth and type Akute Ajuwon. Within seconds I will get needed results. Without wasting time, I will cancel the ride immediately. Rider will call back and this is what plays out next;

Rider: Oga, why did you cancel the trip

Me: Madam, I am not going to Akute

Rider: Why

Me: Akute Kee You. Nkita ala Tagbue gi dia
undecided undecided

I will end the call and block the number to avoid further disturbance. My reason is simple. Nobody who loves and respects your life and car will want to take you to Akute which is even in Ogun state. Some of these animals will park there car and then request a driver they will want to kill his car. For what kwanu? U dey mad ni?

The day I tightened my meanness was the day I called Gazzuzz last year to know the price of catalyst on behalf of my friend who went to Ayobo and damaged his exhaust pipe and catalytic converter. Gazzuz said 90k. O boy that guy mean. We later went to Ladipo and changed it for 35k. Since then to avoid stories that touch the heart so much, I blacklisted much of lagos mainland. Because mehn... The roads are evil!

As a driver, if you want to die quickly... Take a trip to Satellite, Mushin, Navy Town, Alakija, Kirikiri, Isolo, Okokomaiko, Epe, Ejigbo after 9pm. You are guaranteed to die there especially at Satellite and Navy town. Those people are driver killers.

Below are pictures you get when you research... Ndi Ala!! Nna Park Well oo!! Ndi Mgbu. Being a nice driver kee you dia!!
Hilarious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 4:08am On Jan 26, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
I have said this before and I will keep on saying it;

"If you want to remain long in the game, you have to bring your A game to the table".

As a rule of thumb, any place that the name starts with Abule and Idi should be ran away from. Abule means village in Yoruba language. Idi means mountain or something big. So you could either be going to a village or a mountainous area. Am not Yoruba but I learnt this from some of my Mgbati Mgbati neighbours.[/b]

We the good people of Ubiaja supports this post with 2 packets of Benson and Hedges.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:23am On Jan 26, 2020
AngryIgboMan has come to stir the water again.
LOL.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:07am On Jan 26, 2020
1daboi:

grin its a refill things here, I don't really like eating out, so I use bread to hold body, but no one tot me how to eat that woman fufu opposite lush. Few nice places I've been forced to eat

1. One woman sells nice food @ Ilasan new rd (Lekki)
2. Dehinsuli street right after Asenuga (Ikeja)
3. Akin Olugbade St off Adeola Odeku
4. Coke spot at shitta (Just few walk from the bridge)
5. Chicken republic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:19am On Jan 26, 2020
Some drivers are the ones spoiling this game for others.. please what you don't know, kindly ask others. There are only 3 points in Lagos state that I know of that e-hailing app reads/ records tolls which is the admiralty circle plaza, lekki ikoyi link bridge and of course the international airport toll.

Took a rider from surulere to Naco (the export zone).. before we got there I told the man the gate fee is 400 and on him except he drops outside, he said nothing. We entered and I paid #400. Ended trip at 1600+ my 400 =2k. The man said laye he is not paying the #400. that no driver has ever asked him for a refund at Naco. Before ending the trip I even showed him trips details having the toll at 00 naira.. man said he isn't paying... Ok we should split it 200# each...... I changed the tune sharperly.. oga will you give me my my money and get the Bleep outta ma car... He gave me the money and left and of course 1* rating sure at both ends but who cares.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2020
Please I need a link to any e_hailing what'sapp group. (One with good discourse oh)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bamirotola: 8:32am On Jan 26, 2020
peeps4u:

That's the same question I ask bolt... It was a Thursday!

I guess bolt app is the most vulnerable app I have ever seen.. How can an idle app be hacked and they won't take responsibility? They even confirmed the account number was changed , yet they want me to pay such amount !. Aye won ma baje ni..

I really hope ocar wld up their game

(1) (2) (3) ... (2339) (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) (2344) (2345) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Gentlelife50(m), Cineinfo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.