Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757239 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:32am On Feb 08, 2020
Why go to Uber office to protest. What about Bolt aka taxify. We only mention Uber nobody is talking about taxify which we have lost so much money from using their app.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:40am On Feb 08, 2020
zubby147:
My eye clear today..I carry 2 boys go ipaja iyobo from Ikeja them money na 3800..as we reach iyobo dem say dem won buy something say abeg make I wait..as dem open the car na so dem run away....I hope say both go pay me the money..
ur money is gone for good. Next time don’t allow them leave. Carry two guys too from Ayobo to mushin on Bolt. They did fake transfer and left. Till today nothing from Bolt. That’s why I said this protest on VIO should start from Bolt office not Uber. We have lost so much using Bolt. Driver be very careful with mushin and Ayobo guys.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:57am On Feb 08, 2020
peeps4u:
I see alot of comments here makkng a case for uber and bolt. Why dont you guys approach bolt and uber to go and face the govt themselves if they fell they have fulfilled all righteousness?

I listened to a VN recently where a bolt customer care was telling a driver whose car was impounded to go back to VIO and amshow them his app to prove bolt has licence which they can check on their system, after which he should threaten them with court if they dont release his car.
Doesn't that sound stupid?

1. Does procuring services of lawyer come cheap or free?
2. How does a driver prove bolt has operational licence if VIO denies it?
3. How can a driver go to court with a claim bolt has a licence when the driver doesn't have a copy of such licence?
4. Isn't bolt, which claims to have hard copy of licence, supposed to be the one to fight for every driver whose car gets impounded?
5. Would bolt have told his driver to peesonally sue VIO if the cars are theirs?

I can go on and on with many questions.

The truth is that, bolt and uber, if truly they aren't owing any fee, need to make strong public statement regarding this development. As it stands, drivers are confused between having hackney, Lasdri and operational licence or not. There wont be such confusion if bolt and uber make a public statement to addreas this issue.

These platforms are feasting on drivers' docility to protest/approach them and greediness of searching around for requests rather than taking time out to go to and confront uber/bolt at their offices.

For as long as you so have failed to mount pressure on these people, they will be watching you and let you risk your cars on the roads, their prayers will be before your car gets impounded, you make something reasonable that day from which they take their commission; they have nothing to lose.

I am really waiting to see what your strong heads will do when VIO starts baiting drivers with requests and impound their cars. It will be very interesting.

Volenti non fit injuria
When i met with mr otun.( the man we were directed to incharge of the operator license on monday. He claimed uber doesnt have the license but bolt has.
My question is since bolt has this license.why clamping bolt drivers car too?
Now, bolt released this message to some drivers, i dont know how true it is as i dont do bolt

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:58am On Feb 08, 2020
My question is how would vio know I’m an Uber driver?
Yes I drive a Corolla with a passenger in front or back so how would they identify me as an Uber driver. My friend in my car can decide where to seat. Front or back. I don’t think they have the right to check phone. I have 2 phones. The vehicle papers are on my name. I’m still thinking how they will identify me though. Once they meet me and ask “Uber? I’ll simply say No! Well I hope to meet them and see how they will identify me.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2020
Monkeyprick:
Evening house, trust our hustle paid off today ?
I want to narrate the ordeal i went through yesterday in the hand of an Old Baga who faked a transfer of 3100 naira .
Here's the story : I took this Jigolo from 17 Balarabe Musa, Vi to Oworo on a 1.5X Bolt surge at 10am yesterday . When we got to his street, he pretended to be nice by asking me to end the trip because the road that leads to his place is not motorable. I did and he asked if he could do a bank transfer, usually i don't grant that request but because we had good conversations all through the journey and he looked like a well to do elderly man, i obliged.
Called out my account details and he read out my name ,after which i saw saw transaction successful on his phone screen . He thanked me and we bid ourselves bye bye.
Long story short , this unfortunate slowpoke faked the transfer and all my efforts to get my money has been abortive.
Please guys, help me launch an attack on his phone number 09057031333.

Cc
Izzou
Gentle life
Tojahh
Ndubuis
Mr Jaydee
Nitigriti
Ajoks53
Gazzuzz
Slamstanlee
Ofime123
Calabardick
Luxurydriver
Investor Dru23
My moto ng
Felicity
Perkins
Pope191
And everybody i forgot to mention

Have been offline for a while.
Have you gotten your money?

This is why I hate bolt, this mess is common among them. If it's uber you would've gotten your money back with interest and apology.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:04am On Feb 08, 2020
Corolla virus.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 9:12am On Feb 08, 2020
xana101:
My question is how would vio know I’m an Uber driver?
Yes I drive a Corolla with a passenger in front or back so how would they identify me as an Uber driver. My friend in my car can decide where to seat. Front or back. I don’t think they have the right to check phone. I have 2 phones. The vehicle papers are on my name. I’m still thinking how they will identify me though. Once they meet me and ask “Uber? I’ll simply say No! Well I hope to meet them and see how they will identify me.
Very on point. They can not decide where one can sit in my car. Provided u did not hang ur phone. Na madness dem dey take dey cure madness. Na so it go be till the issue is resolved.
I drive around with my hotel id card .my usual dressing is corporate everyday except saturday.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 9:23am On Feb 08, 2020
lograr:
Among all the thread of Business section on nairaland, this thread is the most lively and active thread of all.
This award unfortunately belongs to the bet9ja thread. 2pages per hour on a very slow day cheesy

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:26am On Feb 08, 2020
calabardick:

This is why I hate bolt, this mess is common among them. If it's uber you would've gotten your money back with interest and apology.
Uber is just perfect for me. Took this elderly woman from her son’s house at Agungi to ogba on 2.5 surge. I don’t think the son who look like a yahoo guy understand what surge is cos I heard the son telling the Mum in yoruba that it won’t be more than 5k. I just laugh. 2.5 surge with heavy traffic for 5k? I didn’t tell them anything cos it’s uber. Trip took us more than 4 hours. End trip 15k. Mama shout. Call d son. I explain to d son it’s on 2.5 surge. Guy tell mama to give me 7k. I collect d 7k, write to Uber. Uber balance me the remaining 8k immediately. If it’s taxify. Immediately I heard d son tell d mum it won’t be more than 5k. I’ll just cancel the trip and do offline with them. I do a lot of offline with Bolt riders. I don’t try it on Uber.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 08, 2020
I just don't understand why Bolt find it difficult to address payment issue just like Uber. You cancel on bolt anyhow no fine riders run with your money, no assistance to help you get it. This Bolt Na real scammers sha! i
xana101:
Uber is just perfect for me. Took this elderly woman from her son’s house at Agungi to ogba on 2.5 surge. I don’t think the son who look like a yahoo guy understand what surge is cos I heard the son telling the Mum in yoruba that it won’t be more than 5k. I just laugh. 2.5 surge with heavy traffic for 5k? I didn’t tell them anything cos it’s uber. Trip took us more than 4 hours. End trip 15k. Mama shout. Call d son. I explain to d son it’s on 2.5 surge. Guy tell mama to give me 7k. I collect d 7k, write to Uber. Uber balance me the remaining 8k immediately. If it’s taxify. Immediately I heard d son tell d mum it won’t be more than 5k. I’ll just cancel the trip and do offline with them. I do a lot of offline with Bolt riders. I don’t try it on Uber.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:37am On Feb 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Dropped a female rider off at shades V.I some minutes ago and she gave me these.

I’m seriously fighting the urge to open the Heinekens, it’s so chilled. grin tongue

Uber rider or Bolt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:44am On Feb 08, 2020
northbird:

Uber rider or Bolt
Bolt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:55am On Feb 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Bolt
Wao! most giveaways I HV had came from uber riders on d island.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:58am On Feb 08, 2020
northbird:
Wao! most giveaways I HV had came from uber riders on d island.
Bolt riders are the most heartless set of human beings grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 08, 2020
calabardick:

At all Chief.
He doesn't pick my calls anymore.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 10:03am On Feb 08, 2020
xana101:

Till tomorrow uber is the best, nothing anyone can tell me. The level of fraud on bolt platform is alarming; from saks (drivers) to fake alert (riders), all on the same platform.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2020
Is anyone working today?
Bolt sent me a message that almost half of Lagos routes are closed because of the Marathon. Is it true or should i proceed on the day's hustle?
I have been seeing red tomatoes on Bolt's App all morning
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:04am On Feb 08, 2020
Babadee1900:
Bolt riders are the most heartless set of human beings grin
Baba , reason why I asked? Most times Bolt riders not cheerful, I wonder, why

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by remele2(f): 10:21am On Feb 08, 2020
Monkeyprick:
Is anyone working today?
Bolt sent me a message that almost half of Lagos routes are closed because of the Marathon. Is it true or should i proceed on the day's hustle?
I have been seeing red tomatoes on Bolt's App all morning

Dem dey impound pple car here and der, na for Bolt to dey talk about marathon not even a msg to address the issue on ground with the state goverment..

Bolt is really stupid... Even when you choose to work, be careful bcus VIO self don dey request

Once na dem request you and u reach pickup,, forget it your car is gone for the main time

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 08, 2020
calabardick:

Till tomorrow uber is the best, nothing anyone can tell me. The level of fraud on bolt platform is alarming; from saks (drivers) to fake alert (riders), all on the same platform.

Card trip only is the best solution to all these madness, how you go order ride and at the end you alight and run off. Last weekend i was around unity homes beside conoil onipanu na so i got this request on bolt. I called the rider na guy pick am, he say make i come to adeshina str say dem dey go spar for ilupeju. As i dey reason what to do na him the number call me back this time na girl she say make i come quick now. He never reach 2mins they don call back again say make i come quick make i pass one back road.

i just canceled the trip, because with sounds wey i hear for background dem go reach like 4 i just smile. I'm sure they won't pay or request to make transfer, some people will use some else phone to request and japa since nothing will happen.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2020
remele2:

Dem dey impound pple car here and der, na for Bolt to dey talk about marathon not even a msg to address the issue on ground with the state goverment..

Bolt is really stupid... Even when you choose to work, be careful bcus VIO self don dey request

Once na dem request you and u reach pickup,, forget it your car is gone for the main time

I'm aware of the situation on ground but i doubt if they work on weekends.
I just wanted to know anyone out there who's driving
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2020
okorotalkative:

Card trip only is the best solution to all these madness, how you go order ride and at the end you alight and run off. Last weekend i was around unity homes beside conoil onipanu na so i got this request on bolt. I called the rider na guy pick am, he say make i come to adeshina str say dem dey go spar for ilupeju. As i dey reason what to do na him the number call me back this time na girl she say make i come quick now. He never reach 2mins they don call back again say make i come quick make i pass one back road.

i just canceled the trip, because with sounds wey i hear for background dem go reach like 4 i just smile. I'm sure they won't pay or request to make transfer, some people will use some else phone to request and japa since nothing will happen.

Na them be that, tattered looking and smelling, always high on something, local yahoo boys.
At the end they will insult you join, especially when they're with those underage girls.

Many times I've cancelled trips in front of them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:08am On Feb 08, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Didn't check

I thought what the problem is was shown in the image

No, its only purpose is to tell you that something is wrong too go get it checked. More modern cars will have a display that might tell you exactly what but not a check engine light. All you know is that it is emissions, engine or any one of 9-11 systems related.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 11:10am On Feb 08, 2020
I don't know why the government is going all out to milk all Nigerians of every single penny in our pocket

Tax here and there. Yet, nothing to show for it except two railways

Sanwo-ediot banned Keke and Okada, and promised to provide an alternative that will be run by the government. The government wants to be in charge of everything.

They may not be able to identify uber drivers, buy they can identify you through uber. Maybe Uber and Bolt will ask all drivers to provide a nonsense document from the government, or else you'll be yanked off... And that will be it

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by murphyfada(m): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2020
[Depending on their pickup location in lagos. My price will be btw 25k - 30k. My contact is 07032327232 quote author=stephenwa post=86460193]Hello Guys, Please I need ur help.
A client want uber service offline to Ijebu Ode on Sunday early morning and the driver will be bring them back to Lagos...drop ur price and contact[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
This is where we die... Na me n uche today.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2020
confusedworld17:
What's all this fuss self about Uber/Bolt drivers cashing out as a result of the ban on keke and okada ?

Sweetheart, I'm still grossing just about the same range of between 8k to 11k in a day, that's about the same range I used to make before the ban. I work from 2pm to 12 am apart from weekends. Most times self I don't even get request until between 4pm and 5pm before the biz go set.
Well, maybe na people wey dey work full day dey cash out. The traffic self this days na die.
Even police men for check points at night now dey tell me say... Guy settle us, after all government don ban keke and okada, na una uber drivers dey make all the money now.
Talking about Police men... had one funny experience with one yesternite along that domino's pizza, Adekunle axis.

So I was on a trip to lekki, lost in my thought.
The next thing I don beat traffic light, next thing, two police on bike for my front dey flag me down to pack.
I pulled over, one of them enter my car we begin the normal negotiation. After going back and forth, oga police agreed to take 1k. the police man inside my car wants to play a fast one on the other one on bike, oga police say okay make I sharperly use my hand put the 1k inside his pocket so that the one on bike no go see say I give am money.
At that time na only 1k 200 naira dey with me, me wey know how I dey take arrange my money, I quickly put hand for where the 200 naira dey and quickly slide the 200 naira into the police man pocket.
Immediately oga police commot for my car, na so I fire my car face thirdmainlandbrigde. I sure say e go take am sometime before he go realize wetin happen. THEIR FADA!
Lolzzz... Mad oooh!!!

Me too I'd almost similar experience.

Dropped a rider at Nnamdi Azikwe Rd in Marine so I decided to head north of d Carta Bridge because u possibly cant park anywhere along unless u r d president son or the president himself.

About 100m on the bridge I saw cars parked n I sighted a space, engaged my reverse gear, parked while relaxing waiting for request.

Two men with rough faces approached me after about 15min.
relating in yoruba...
they were asking money for parking...
Me: alaye don't worry I go give una when I don comot.
OneT: ok, give to my 2nd if you don't c me.
Me: no shakings alaye, na small tin.

In my mind I say c all dis foollls, me give u 5H unto watin...asin inside this life?

As I arrange my money finish, came out stretched my legs and body I enter car. Looked at my rear mirror they where standing behind my car discussing.

I just start my engine, they quickly got alerted but I just on my AC wind up waited for like 1min while observing them. They where seriously gisting, as I see say pedestrians where not obstructing na so I engage my gear zoom!

Heared them shouting... Me don goooo... Hahaha...

This lagos? Man gat to wish n smart!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2020
peeps4u:

Way to go to avoid all these wahala.
For the time been,

This is what ive been doing since reading abiut all the pandemonic update concerning VIO.

Any rider I pick and observe is under 40 of age I ask h/h to seat in the front seat, if they refuse I cancel. Then I relate with the rider on d go giving them instructions.

Another thing is my car self na Civic, even riders I'm going to pickup don't even know I've arrice even when parked in front of them all they look out for is Corolla of same color b4 trying to check the No plate.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
segefx:
Link not going through, pls re- check.Thanks

Use this one
https:///DYnWg1p42zP8vEQ3ity7ZQ

If it still doesn't go through, copy the link to your whatsapp and try opening it on whatsapp
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by remele2(f): 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2020
Monkeyprick:

I'm aware of the situation on ground but i doubt if they work on weekends.
I just wanted to know anyone out there who's driving

VIO major catch are weekends
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2020
Am interested. But where is the pickup location? Is the rider returning to Lagos same day?
My no is 0-8-0-9-7-6-1_3_9_2_1
stephenwa:
Hello Guys, Please I need ur help.
A client want uber service offline to Ijebu Ode on Sunday early morning and the driver will be bring them back to Lagos...drop ur price and contact
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2020
stephenwa:
Hello Guys, Please I need ur help.
A client want uber service offline to Ijebu Ode on Sunday early morning and the driver will be bring them back to Lagos...drop ur price and contact

30k I am interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: maivd and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.