Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,907 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4750186 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segefx(m): 6:59am On Feb 07, 2020
Link not going through, pls re- check.Thanks
lin3r2:
Follow this link to join the Lagos traffic WhatsApp group where drivers all around Lagos give real time traffic reports. https:///DYnWg1p42zP8vEQ3ity7ZQ

NB: You also get real time alerts from other drivers where VIO officers are positioned.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segefx(m): 7:06am On Feb 07, 2020
This fake alert is becoming rampant this days..What can be done? Can Uber start debiting from Riders account directly maybe through bank..Something must be done..
tunlapapa:
Morning guys, I never knew this would also happen to me.
This lady took a ride from surulere to ajah but made a fake transfer, N3,200.
I am counting on you guys.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigdam(m): 7:10am On Feb 07, 2020
Uber /taxify driver needed
Security deposit
25k rental fee
Must stay around ogba , ikeja ,ojota,
2 verifiable guarantors
SMS 0909 001 4059

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:15am On Feb 07, 2020
shollywendy1:

God bless u for sharing this post

Boss take it easy, I've been following this trend and trying to refrain myself from spamming with information I'm not crystal clear about, I know very well that they will come for drivers, but after reading this, I'm yet to see a chellange that can't be conquered, our only problem is we,ve been beaten to admit anything that is thrown at us, what r u really scared off? If you read the information very well, they ask Uber to pay operations licence, which they have too and about d other permit, its not a big deal, they can ask uber to include it as pass to gain access online, all it takes is dialogue. The moment private can changes to commercial, then you are open to all sought of extortion, local government will come up with there own, same fate that befalls Opay bike will befall drivers. At this point it is advisable for all drivers to go offline, let kick the revolution, all it take is just a start.

Report any case of impoundment again and it shall not b taken easily. I see no point going to uber office, they r too proud to attend to drivers, go offline completely and let's see if they won't b stop to this madness before it blew out of control.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 7:24am On Feb 07, 2020
Bigdam:
Uber /taxify driver needed
Security deposit
25k rental fee
Must stay around ogba , ikeja ,ojota,
2 verifiable guarantors k

SMS 0909 001 4059

goodmorning sir, I am interested , I have sent you a text message. thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2020
pope191:

Boss take it easy, I've been following this trend and trying to refrain myself from spamming with information I'm not crystal clear about, I know very well that they will come for drivers, but after reading this, I'm yet to see a chellange that can't be conquered, our only problem is we,ve been beaten to admit anything that is thrown at us, what r u really scared off? If you read the information very well, they ask Uber to pay operations licence, which they have too and about d other permit, its not a big deal, they can ask uber to include it as pass to gain access online, all it takes is dialogue. The moment private can changes to commercial, then you are open to all sought of extortion, local government will come up with there own, same fate that befalls Opay bike will befall drivers. At this point it is advisable for all drivers to go offline, let kick the revolution, all it take is just a start.

Report any case of impoundment again and it shall not b taken easily. I see no point going to uber office, they r too proud to attend to drivers, go offline completely and let's see if they won't b stop to this madness before it blew out of control.

Well said. The first step going forward is for us all to accept there is an issue and best way to tackle it

In as much everyone going offline would be the most effective way. In my opinion, I don't think that's achievable.

1. all drivers in Nigeria are not on this thread and there is no association and no means of communication to every driver, so how do we communicate to all
2. Even if we communicate to all drivers. In reality certain percentage of driver will go online and work to enjoy surge that will follow the protest.

Once some drivers are working the protest becomes ineffective

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 7:47am On Feb 07, 2020
pope191:

Well said but why didn't you mention bolt to be tackled?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:01am On Feb 07, 2020
Am I the only one that hv not experience this VIO madness. I see them but they don’t stop me. Last week Saturday, one stopped me but I didn’t stop. I no answer am. I just de drive de go. Well I’m waiting for them. The car particulars is on my name. It’s my personal car and they don’t have right to check my phone.
I’ll all-so suggest if they need the permit so badly we can all get it. Since its once a year. I don’t think the money will be much.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:15am On Feb 07, 2020
pope191:

Pope has spoken. Who am i to argue wit a man of God. Lol

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:16am On Feb 07, 2020
tunlapapa:

Well said but why didn't you mention bolt to be tackled?

Boss what's d difference b/w indomee and noodles? Close-up and toothpaste?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooleo(m): 8:24am On Feb 07, 2020
Lienn:

The bend off Ikorodu road to Oshodi

Mile 2: Near the Total filling station

The street that links you from Ogunlana street to Cele Expressway

They always like to create their checkpoints close to their offices.

They don't work weekends, and they close by 4pm

These are some of the info I know about them

Baba you get mouth. Thumps up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 8:26am On Feb 07, 2020
I don't know how genuine this is, just thought I should share . Someone speaking with a VIO officer about operating license and harkney permit

It is well

https://twitter.com/uber_that/status/1225413542326755329?s=19
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:29am On Feb 07, 2020
Uber/Tafixy needed for rentals
25k per week..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:33am On Feb 07, 2020
cooleo:

Baba you get mouth. Thumps up

Boss do they have permanent site at these locations, what if they read this and choose to change location?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 8:50am On Feb 07, 2020
pope191:

Boss do they have permanent site at these locations, what if they read this and choose to change location?

They don't.

VIO was brought back to remove rickety vehicles off the major roads. They don't really check for particulars anymore because their pickups are installed with one device that scans through all the number plates that passes

That said, they stop drivers once in a while for LASDRI. This Hackney permit stuff just started. And the reason is because the uber driver is a private car for commercial purposes. Simple

My only advice is if you own your car, make your enquiries. You can never beat the government. It's not possible.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:04am On Feb 07, 2020
topsydee007:

Well said. The first step going forward is for us all to accept there is an issue and best way to tackle it

In as much everyone going offline would be the most effective way. In my opinion, I don't think that's achievable.

1. all drivers in Nigeria are not on this thread and there is no association and no means of communication to every driver, so how do we communicate to all
2. Even if we communicate to all drivers. In reality certain percentage of driver will go online and work to enjoy surge that will follow the protest.

Once some drivers are working the protest becomes ineffective

Boss this is not the first time drivers r going online, I only do 4 days in a week, if we all do 4 days and pretend our break is for protest, our voice will b heard, they is something called awareness, tell a driver to tell a driver dat on the 20th of February drivers will b on strike, a week or 2 awareness will obviously leave a sound that's worth paying attention too.

About all drivers no going on strike, in the midst of 10 they will always be 2/3 ITK's, worry less about them and focus on your cause. I have always said this and I'll say it again, the only way VIO can get at anyone is to change plate number to red, its not only VIO that will extort you, we have become victim of agbero and different tickets. This is an executive platform where everything can b done online and let one have peace of mind, but no, dose old men that r dew to retire, but keep updating dia date of birth won't let one rest.

My mind flash back to the keke jubilation, I hope d surge is worth the ban and we r making figures not made before? Or the tricycles rider's should come to protest for uber now? Some things r really needless in life, u only know that which you know, but wots in front of you, remains a mystery.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2020
mymotong:
Drivers Needed:

Tokunbo Toyota Camry 2006 for weekly rental.

WhatsApp: 09032614208 for terms and conditions..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:19am On Feb 07, 2020
Uber/Taxify drivers is about to be hit hard by Lagos state gov.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 9:20am On Feb 07, 2020
pope191:

Boss this is not the first time drivers r going online, I only do 4 days in a week, if we all do 4 days and pretend our break is for protest, our voice will b heard, they is something called awareness, tell a driver to tell a driver dat on the 20th of February drivers will b on strike, a week or 2 awareness will obviously leave a sound that's worth paying attention too.

About all drivers no going on strike, in the midst of 10 they will always be 2/3 ITK's, worry less about them and focus on your cause. I have always said this and I'll say it again, the only way VIO can get at anyone is to change plate number to red, its not only VIO that will extort you, we have become victim of agbero and different tickets. This is an executive platform where everything can b done online and let one have peace of mind, but no, dose old men that r dew to retire, but keep updating dia date of birth won't let one rest.

My mind flash back to the keke jubilation, I hope d surge is worth the ban and we r making figures not made before? Or the tricycles rider's should come to protest for uber now? Some things r really needless in life, u only know that which you know, but wots in front of you, remains a mystery.

U are probably right...I agree with u ..

Once the plate number is change to red....Uber is subjected to OWO MI DA , DAILY TICKET AND ALL

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chuksiyk31(m): 9:22am On Feb 07, 2020
peeps4u:

Take it to maryland as advised or upload via web.
I have tried uploading it online it either says incomplete document or incorrect document. I don’t know what I’m supposed to send
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 9:23am On Feb 07, 2020
The question that comes to by mind in all this is that IS IT A CRIME TO BE A NIGERIAN?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 9:23am On Feb 07, 2020
chuksiyk31:

I have tried uploading it online it either says incomplete document or incorrect document. I don’t know what I’m supposed to send

TAKE IT TO MARYLAND angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 9:28am On Feb 07, 2020
topsydee007:
The question that comes to by mind in all this is that IS IT A CRIME TO BE A NIGERIAN?

Its so sad that our leaders don't care, one day I will kill dem all all of them

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:46am On Feb 07, 2020
Inside life shocked

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2020
topsydee007:
It is ooo, we have been conditioned to take anything thrown at us

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:01am On Feb 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
Inside life shocked
Sale the tablet naa
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 10:03am On Feb 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
Inside life shocked

Compassionate thieves

They gave him a #100 discount.

This is what you get when you refuse to learn.

Don't lend riders money and never accept transfers. But yet, stories keep coming back like its a new thing

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 10:18am On Feb 07, 2020
Lienn:

Compassionate thieves

They gave him a #100 discount.

This is what you get when you refuse to learn.

Don't lend riders money and never accept transfers. But yet, stories keep coming back like its a new thing

Eko for show grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:27am On Feb 07, 2020
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/217368-uber-responds-threat-lagos-govt-clamp-cabs.html

Dbossmanager:

The annoying thing about this issue is that it's been on for 2 years now on nairaland and no one here has been charged for this issue....Someone last year or 2 said he got the permit and was advising everyone else to get it....I hope he has renewed it now....
For 2 years now...it has been someone said someone said.....instead of them to share a real life experience...they are spreading hearsays upandown....
No official complaint to VIO by victims....No official communications to that effect by VIO...
atleast there would be an evidence of receipt to show to uber if VIO booked you for the said offence....
Now they are marching to Uber for an unsubstantiated issue....whereas the issues of bad roads, bad riders, low fare etc is still there..
How would uber take them serious?....what do they expect Uber to do if the action was illegally carried out by VIO officials?...as they will obviously deny it...
Anytime your name pops up here....the next thing will be hackney permit....lol....abi you be VIO.......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:34am On Feb 07, 2020
Showcaller shows her name as RITA CAMPBELL. I ve been trying to call her. She is not picking up call, Guys please help bombard her. Tunlapapa endeavour to wait for your own alert next time. I make it a rule these days to see your alert in my app before you move an inch.
tunlapapa:
Morning guys, I never knew this would also happen to me.

This lady took a ride from surulere to ajah but made a fake transfer, N3,200.

I am counting on you guys.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:44am On Feb 07, 2020
I just spoke with her., She said nothing like that. Please call her now and get back to the house.

davit:
Showcaller shows her name as RITA CAMPBELL. I ve been trying to call her. She is not picking up call, Guys please help bombard her. Tunlapapa endeavour to wait for your own alert next time. I make it a rule these days to see your alert in my app before you move an inch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Cineinfo(m), Otunbalai(m), Doncyn01 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.