Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4768240 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
Romeo3:
That iron is for decoration. I climb it all the time.

Seriously.
I climbed that shit more than 8 times, yet nothing happened.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 12:02am On Feb 16, 2020
Drop that girl number make people bombard that saboteur

donfortune48:
Something terrible and miraculous happened today guys.
@12pm.

I was at Oando filling station marina when this request came in.
Called rider, she said she's at the traffic light at CMS bus stop on marina. She was going to Aja.

I said okay, that she should pass the traffic light and move forward a bit so that I'll pick her up and zoom off to avoid Lastma and CBD men. She said okay.

I got there but couldn't see her, called her to know where she is, but she was just behaving like a novice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 12:09am On Feb 16, 2020
Tyche:

he should call d girl yo know if it’s a set up. We gats be careful
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:12am On Feb 16, 2020
Godfather10:

Working 12hrs everyday shouldn’t be that hard if you really enjoy driving,
You meet all sorts in Nigeria from the snotty, rude, friendly, kind, hopeless, disgusting but guess what, you are working, your making more money then the average guy, you got a future , you can even start a side business,
I tell people be proud of what you do enjoy your job and always count your blessing one by one,
That’s the way l feel anyway.
I’ve noticed quite a few drivers have a chip on their shoulder about this job, some feel inadequate, some drivers feel riders look down on them .
Who cares, just give a good service have future plans, and of course pray,
I know a chap in Abuja a diligent Hausa guy , he started with UBER 2017, now has two cars on the road drives one and rents the other out, his side hustle is rice growing on his family land also plans to buy a tractor to make his farming easier and to rent out, the tractor on an hourly basis to anyone that’s needs it,
Dream guys never give up!!
We are Nigerians.
If we are honest with our selfs, nothing stop us from ajoooing our money or pooling our money together to start something tangible
May God bless our hustle folks.

You derailed d purpose of d inquiry.

The op asked that he has an HP wt a monthly service quote of #150,000 n was asking of opinions to quit his job .

Issue is not about d value attached to d driving job.

I don't think you are in dis game. If you are, pls lay out a plan for Op to achieve a 150,000k MONTHLY remittance.

What am I even saying. It takes the grace of God, it's a highly fluid situation out there.

You don't know d next thing that will happen

Driving in and out of Lagos traffic , day in day out 12 hours daily will take a toll on ones health.

N d uber guy you quoted in Abuja CANNOT make such money on Uber or Bolt.

The guys DT make money make it OFFLINE. N not on uber or bolt.platform.

Dirt cheap fares in Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 12:15am On Feb 16, 2020
xana101:
he should call d girl yo know if it’s a set up. We gats be careful

You have a point. But I can bet my phone pouch that it was a set-up

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lograr(m): 12:27am On Feb 16, 2020
northbird:

You derailed d purpose of d inquiry.

The op asked that he has an HP wt a monthly service quote of #150,000 n was asking of opinions to quit his job .

Issue is not about d value attached to d driving job.

I don't think you are in dis game. If you are, pls lay out a plan for Op to achieve a 150,000k MONTHLY remittance.

What am I even saying. It takes the grace of God, it's a highly fluid situation out there.

You don't know d next thing that will happen

Driving in and out of Lagos traffic , day in day out 12 hours daily will take a toll on ones health.

N d uber guy you quoted in Abuja CANNOT make such money on Uber or Bolt.

The guys DT make money make it OFFLINE. N not on uber or bolt.platform.

Dirt cheap fares in Abuja.

150k monthly. That's over 35k weekly. Who does that

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:04am On Feb 16, 2020
Donfortunate48. grin grin

I no know why this your story dey make me laugh, but I thank the Lord for your victory. grin

LASTMA wan use your earnings take run Val cheesy

In my own opinion, next time, when you're trying to pick someone from a dangerous point, make sure they have already gotten to the agreed point before you move. In fact, make she call you say she Don dey there, before you start your car

If Na me, I go tell her to walk back into Kakawa street, or make she call me when she reach Fire service for front.

Ndo! grin

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waks1(m): 5:05am On Feb 16, 2020
Babadee1900:
I don’t argue with them when they give me bad notes because I’m going to give it back to them and they dare not try to reject it but one thing I have noticed is when you pass the exact fare lane I get charged from my etag account and still pay the fare with cash. I complained to one of them and he said I should stick to my lane (Etag lane)

....and it’s not only the exact fare lane that does this. Well it makes no sense to me because I prefer to pay cash at the admiralty toll for change.
Some of those toll attendants are thief. I passed admiralty toll plaza and I always like to pay with cash there so as to reserve my etag credit for the lekki-ikoyi link toll since that is strictly non-cash, so I gave this guy cash 1k and he balanced me my change after which he press a button and thank God I notice the electronic balance display which shows I have also been charged on my etag. I quickly challenged him and he came out of the cubicle and return my cash. I told him is this how you guys keep robbing unsuspecting users of their hard-earned money. When you get sacked now ur eye go clear. Guy be vigilant when using the toll so as to avoid double payment especially when u have etag.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:05am On Feb 16, 2020
Tyche:

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 5:07am On Feb 16, 2020
izzou:

grin grin grin

Abi how you see am
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:14am On Feb 16, 2020
Tyche:

Abi how you see am

There is a 99% chance that the girl is one of them

Those kind nonsense full Lagos. I always hate Lagos island sha. If you no go come meet me for Oando, God be with you till we meet again cool

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 5:58am On Feb 16, 2020
izzou:
Donfortunate48. grin grin

I no know why this your story dey make me laugh, but I thank the Lord for your victory. grin

LASTMA wan use your earnings take run Val cheesy

In my own opinion, next time, when you're trying to pick someone from a dangerous point, make sure they have already gotten to the agreed point before you move. In fact, make she call you say she Don dey there, before you start your car

If Na me, I go tell her to walk back into Kakawa street, or make she call me when she reach Fire service for front.

Ndo! grin

Baba I truly believe what they're saying that it's a setup. Cos all that while that I was dragging with Lastma, this lady didn't call me to know where I am. But immediately I escaped, before I could reach Onikan under bridge, she started calling me again.

The kind abuse wey I give am suppose still dey touch her for heart now.

We learn everyday sha.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:12am On Feb 16, 2020
donfortune48:
@12pm.

Called rider, she said she's at the traffic light at CMS bus stop on marina. She was going to Aja.

I said okay, that she should pass the traffic light and move forward a bit so that I'll pick her up and zoom off to avoid Lastma and CBD men. She said okay.

I got there but couldn't see her, called her to know where she is, but she was just behaving like a novice.

All these while, I was equally looking out for the CBD and Lastma men, to know when to zoom off and run away.

Suddenly, a Sienna car stopped at my back so I couldn't see when Lastma might be coming again. Before I know what's happening, a Lastma van have blocked my front with over 10men in it. (some tax force were with them). the car at my back has gone by then.

I engaged reverse, but before I could move back all of them have jumped down, but I kept moving back and wanted to run away. They blocked me with their Iron, I climbed it with my two tyres(front and back), but the van blocked me. I engaged reverse again and tried to run from the right, they put that trap again I climbed it, but the van also blocked me.

If they block me on the right, cars will be passing from the left, when they block me on the left, cars will be passing from the right. This went on for over 2mins.

Over 4 of them started knocking on my glass and dragging my door to wind down and open my door, I kept telling them no, and was equally begging for them to allow me pass.

At a point I resorted to park, cos I was already causing serious traffic and they are already getting so angry with me. But then I remembered freshprince91's experience that he paid 20k, I just know that because of the stress I've already given them, my fine will be more than the 60k vio is collecting from uber drivers and decided not to give up till the break my glass and enter my car.

I tried to escape from the right, they blocked me again. I reversed and tried from the left, they also blocked me. I just raised my two hands up and said "okay I give up, I give up"; stirred fully to the right, but my gear is still on D and I was using style to observe the Lastma driver to know when to catch him off guard, while my hands are still up.

Immediately I noticed that he wasn't looking and cars are passing from the left. I just climbed the trap and sped through before he could realise and block me.

The crowd around there shouted in shock.
I matched my throttle to the carpet and zoom off.

I ran straight to VI, packed somewhere around bishop Oluwole, came down checked my tyres and my plate numbers; they're still intact, and I just Thanked my God.

Finally na madness them dey take cure madness for this Lagos.

Sorry boss, I don't even stress myself to pick any rider ard mariner, I drop and zoom straight to V.I/,Ikoyi... Not even surge can tempt me

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 6:16am On Feb 16, 2020
donfortune48:

Baba I truly believe what they're saying that it's a setup. Cos all that while that I was dragging with Lastma, this lady didn't call me to know where I am. But immediately I escaped, before I could reach Onikan under bridge, she started calling me again.

We learn everyday sha.

LMAO! Kudos to your never-say-die spirit, cos if dem catch you there.. you for hear am!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 6:38am On Feb 16, 2020
mrjaydee:

LMAO! Kudos to your never-say-die spirit, cos if dem catch you there.. you for hear am!

Lolzz.

I for Don dey prepare to go mobile court by Monday. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:06am On Feb 16, 2020
waks1:
Some of those toll attendants are thief. I passed admiralty toll plaza and I always like to pay with cash there so as to reserve my etag credit for the lekki-ikoyi link toll since that is strictly non-cash, so I gave this guy cash 1k and he balanced me my change after which he press a button and thank God I notice the electronic balance display which shows I have also been charged on my etag. I quickly challenged him and he came out of the cubicle and return my cash. I told him is this how you guys keep robbing unsuspecting users of their hard-earned money. When you get sacked now ur eye go clear. Guy be vigilant when using the toll so as to avoid double payment especially when u have etag.
Since I noticed their scam, I keep a low balance on my etag account, I only recharge it when I need to pass through the link bridge.

Under 3minutes I can top up so I’m not always bothered about having a low balance.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:21am On Feb 16, 2020
donfortune48:

We learn everyday sha.

It takes some extra guts and calmness to pull what you just did

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 7:32am On Feb 16, 2020
The man himself, I’m happy you’re back. Your post inspire me to join this hustle 2 years ago. Thanks

Romeo3:
That iron is for decoration. I climb it all the time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2020
donfortune48:
@12pm.

I was at Oando filling station marina when this request came in..........
I think this is a setup or a new trick of catching drivers unaware.

Yesterday around 4pm, after I read Northbird’s comment to someone here that any day you don’t work, you won’t see shishi, I quickly got off bed and hit the road, I was still driving within my estate when I got a request to UBA house Marina from Ajah.

Sharp girl and mom, they said please end the trip when you get to the ramp before turning towards uba house so we can pay you and quickly come down. I didn’t want them to come down in the middle of the road I just drove close to one of those cbd tout, good enough I know him, he asked if I wanted to park, I said No, I just need to drop off this people and go, he said Oya now and they alighted.

Then a request came in on a 1.9x surge to Ikoyi, juicy right? tongue, I quickly put a call through to the lady so we can agree on a better pick up point.

She said she’s at the park around the Cathedral church, I told her to come wait by the road side and not inside the park, she said okay.

Immediately the traffic light signaled to GO, I called her again that I’m approaching so she should be on stand by, I got there and I didn’t see her, I moved forward a bit and was reversing slowly back to the cathedral while talking with her on phone , I still didn’t see this girl.

Something just said to me that if you like yourself you better forget about this trip. I didn’t give it a second thought I cancelled and left also blocked her line.

It didn’t take long before I got another better request that comes with peace of mind. Correct guys, picked them on Campbell street and they were already waiting by the roadside.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:42am On Feb 16, 2020
Ogbunigwe2018:
Our once beloved Romeo3, now active on romance section.

cc Dru23

Hopefully he finds love , or whatever heck he is finding

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 8:04am On Feb 16, 2020
See as I dey read your message my heart dey beat like I dey there they root for you awaiting the final outcome. If say them succeed your bill for be here o!

donfortune48:
@12pm.

All these while, I was equally looking out for the CBD and Lastma men, to know when to zoom off and run away.

Suddenly, a Sienna car stopped at my back so I couldn't see when Lastma might be coming again. Before I know what's happening, a Lastma van have blocked my front with over 10men in it. (some tax force were with them). the car at my back has gone by then.

I engaged reverse, but before I could move back all of them have jumped down, but I kept moving back and wanted to run away. They blocked me with their Iron, I climbed it with my two tyres(front and back), but the van blocked me. I engaged reverse again and tried to run from the right, they put that trap again I climbed it, but the van also blocked me.

If they block me on the right, cars will be passing from the left, when they block me on the left, cars will be passing from the right. This went on for over 2mins.

Over 4 of them started knocking on my glass and dragging my door to wind down and open my door, I kept telling them no, and was equally begging for them to allow me pass.

At a point I resorted to park, cos I was already causing serious traffic and they are already getting so angry with me. But then I remembered freshprince91's experience that he paid 20k, I just know that because of the stress I've already given them, my fine will be more than the 60k vio is collecting from uber drivers and decided not to give up till the break my glass and enter my car.

I tried to escape from the right, they blocked me again. I reversed and tried from the left, they also blocked me. I just raised my two hands up and said "okay I give up, I give up"; stirred fully to the right, but my gear is still on D and I was using style to observe the Lastma driver to know when to catch him off guard, while my hands are still up.

Immediately I noticed that he wasn't looking and cars are passing from the left. I just climbed the trap and sped through before he could realise and block me.

I ran straight to VI, packed somewhere around bishop Oluwole, came down checked my tyres and my plate numbers; they're still intact, and I just Thanked my God.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 8:11am On Feb 16, 2020
Tyche:

Maybe na just me but you see that marina tinubu square CMS and obalende and environment I dey switched off moved out b4 coming back online. Setup over plenty for those area right from time memorial. And surge always they plenty there.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 8:30am On Feb 16, 2020
peeps4u:

Sorry for that bro.

Has uber or bolt asked you to get hackney or Lasdri?

Would you also go ahead and pay the 110k operational licence they are asking?

Been an Age I was here been driving a lot less for some time due to a regular offline I had for almost 5 months.
I have an audio recording of the Head of VIO as at last week who was on a radio station and he confirmed that LASDRI and Hackney are mandatory going forward at least and trust me Uber/Bolt would not be able to challenge that even based on how he explained it on radio he was very enlightened so am sure he knew his stuff.about operational licence he confirmed that is still in discussion with operators and it's obvious that would not be required of drivers but the other two will be for sure so in your own best interest go and get LASDRI and Hackney permit.i have had LASDRI since last July and now would just get Hackney for peace of mind.
About the person that wants to do 150k monthly he will just sign his hospital warrant, if you cannot get HP of 100k monthly just stick to rentals.i have been on this since 2017, a driver on rental after struggling to meet up his rental how much is left for him to buy fuel and also take care of himself so he had better push for a better HP deal.
About the Abuja guy who saved up money you don't need to be told maybe additional side hustle dey involved definitely not from Uber alone.we know how Abuja drivers dey always relate den experiences but offline waka dey pay dem the most.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 8:52am On Feb 16, 2020
donfortune48:
@12pm.

Wow! :-)... this is "never say die" spirit.Are you Jamesbond or Jason Statham brother?... Really like this and thank God you escaped... the vampire LASTMAN will be : "Eran lo" Please guys, don't even slow down around that aside. Those guys are brand of Cain. They do this especially during the tempting surge.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2020
gnykelly:

I like your spirit... just stay away from CBD for like two weeks...those guys would be on the lookout for your plate number
They cant do him anything. He has escaped
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 9:04am On Feb 16, 2020
donfortune48:

We learn everyday sha.

The abuse is not enough. If you can find out is a set up, please drop her digit as elders suggested and let us disturb her sleep.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AngryIgboMan: 9:12am On Feb 16, 2020

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 9:15am On Feb 16, 2020
izzou:

It takes some extra guts and calmness to pull what you just did

Such gut! Strangely enough, this guts depends on mood at a point in time. I always pray I don't have issue with them when I am cool in spirit and what can boost the "gut" is to always see them as "bird of ill-omen or vsmpires.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blissbliss: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2020
keneryhark:
so I am in a e-hailing drivers group on WhatsApp called Uber & taxify Lagos. I asked in the group if the lasdri card office is open today and got a response from someone "yes".
Sorry about the incidence boss.

Please try to blur out your name (sender) some other times; this is a public forum.

God bless you!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:29am On Feb 16, 2020
SHOOPSYN:

The abuse is not enough. If you can find out is a set up, please drop her digit as elders suggested and let us disturb her sleep.

Nah.
Let the sleeping dog lie bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:45am On Feb 16, 2020
Saw them VIO officials along ozumba mbadiwe trying to open a honda civic car.. I thot this thing has been sorted.

Guys be careful playing that route this morning
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 9:54am On Feb 16, 2020
waks1:
i think the best thing to do is stick with e tag if you have one and cash if you don’t. That way you avoid unnecessary arguments and save time

It’s very easy to top up your e tag. You don’t have to go to their office as you can do it on your bank mobile app and on LCC app also

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Jamie248 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.