Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,400 members, 7,843,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4834226 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) ... (5713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2020
SaintHilary:

Wow seriously? One guy was asking me about it..based on 1.5gb ram. I told him Uber won't accept it or den go block am after some time. Or you do just bolt alone
I dont even do bolt at all. I stopped driving on bolt early 2018.
I use it for uber alone. work and calculate accurately. Just that the phone has little memory space. I dont do other thing on it than uber, whatsapp, facebook and email because of limited space
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2020
northbird:
Pls urgent. Where does DANA operate. MM2 or GAT.
MM2
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2020
Heftyceo:
that's why I enquired on how to get it!!! I don't know the shop!!! Or email address!!

Email is in my signature and just put rad auto works in Google maps it will take you straight there lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Felicity0001:
Hi guys hope your week is starting in a good note.

Guys how do you handle riders who always want to eat in the car, I'm finding it very difficult to handle most riders in this. Most of them feel it's normal to eat in the car and most say I'm the first uber driver to call their attention on that.

One among the 3guys I carried last night around 2am says "after all its my right, I'm paying so I can do anything I like..." I just ended trip then asked them to come down of my vehicle, "i wont pay you".
Me: no problem about that
"I'll rate you low"
Me: i dont give a Bleep about rating. please come down I've close for the day this is a destination trip thats y I on my bolt app.

Las las his other friend who was cool headed was now trying to calm the situation and was begging I drop them. They knew it will be diffixult for them to get a ride home they now calm down. Yet the most stubborn one among them still did eat quietly behind.

I need clue in how beat to handle such riders please.

Put a sign that says no eating in the car .. Make sure the sign is professionally done, and it is in view of anyone that sits in the car ..
Most importantly the sign has to be nicely done and printed

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

Mama the mama... I hail o.

Thanks in anticipation

I probably won't be there so tell them to call me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
izzou:

Okay

So one of us will call her, arrange for a meet-up in a hotel probably (it will be foolishness to meet her in your house)

Then she spends money to come, and then I ask her for....?

How much is the money abeg? undecided

But it's a very brilliant idea sha. I like it grin
You're pitying her now? grin
Don't worry she'll probably scope another taxify driver and get there with fake transfer

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
sofdoc1:
This thread is moving fast o. Well done guys. I have some questions to ask about this uber driving.
1. Is it allowed for two people to be in a car while a rider is being picked? Might be needing help in case no 2 happens.
2. Also observed cases of riders not paying their fares, is there a way to know the option the rider would pay with before you pick the rider up.

I am a total green horn and would appreciate some answers. Thank you.
You cannot be with another person in the car when you pick riders. It's only you for now

You will see if its card or cash when you start the trip, not before

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
shollywendy1:

That idea came to my mind too lastweek.
But one person that came to my mind to instrument it was tojahn but im afraid he might meet the babe now and forget his mission..
WILL grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
I do this a lot. And it works guys.
izzou:
I understand that as humans,we can be lenient and compassionate sometimes,but I think some of you are allowing that to becloud your thinking

Simply notify your riders that you don't collect TRANSFERS for CASH before you start the trip.

I can even understand the fake alerts as scamming, but how you let a rider leave your car with the "I-will-do-it-later" line is shocking.

If he/she didn't want to pay with cash,it's easy to change it on the app.

Very simple something
You: Sir/Ma, this trip is a cash trip. I don't accept transfers please

Rider: I don't have cash on me

You:It means you'll wait for me to see an alert on MY PHONE, or I could cancel while you wait for another

Wetin hard for here? angry

Make Una no let all these people dey ride Una.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
dru23:

Stubbornness ... I don't think you want that o

Anointing of stubbornness?
Well, if that's what it takes to survive please pour me some
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sofdoc1: 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
InfinityEstates:

1. Courtesy or whatever, demands that it never happens. I have a colleague who joins me after closing. Any day I feel like entering the 'streets', I inform him and I go online. The moment a request comes in, I drop him off some meters before I pick up the rider.

No one is supposed to be in the car before you pick up a rider.

2. That information is given to you immediately the trip starts. It's better with the Uber App where drivers can make a report of riders defaulting in payment and they make a refund to the driver which they later charge on the rider, but on the Bolt App, 'OYO' is the driver's case. I made a report for more than two weeks now for miscalculation in price due to GPS error and nothing was done about it till now.

Thanks a lot man. Sorry about the miscalculation in price. Hope it doesnt happen often?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sofdoc1: 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
deedee44:

You cannot be with another person in the car when you pick riders. It's only you for now

You will see if its card or cash when you start the trip, not before

Ok, thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
gbens2000:

D way u v sweet talk this thing. I just v a question, I don’t know much about farming but y is it that some farmers ( mayb local farmer, not all farmers thou) are still classified as poor pple or little above poor class
Like you rightly mention, "some farmers", "local farmers". The reason theyre poor is because they still apply the old system.

Farming has gone digital now and capital intensive. Give an experience farmer with great prospect like me N3/4m(i.e like d cost of 2 Corolla in equivalent) today and see how he turns that money into multiple millions in 5years.

I'm not sugar talking neither am I trying to deceive you or anyone, farming is one thing that has great prospect and has the capacity make somebody who knows what h/s is doing multi rich in the space of time.

Two years ago I spent about 300k on watermelon, ROI after 3-4months was about 200%. That was my first time and first experience . last year I did likewise but on cucumbers, my returns was also good.

We africans have this natural mindset farming is a poverty venture probably because we don't know any rich farmer apart from the once we read on SM. But the truth is not far fetch, farming has great prospect BUT CAPITAL INTENSIVE but great wealth in it.

I've about 25acres of casava right now somewhere, buyers are casing me around begging to buy one acre at 100k. Now ask me how much I take do the 25acre last year? Chicken feed money.

1 Like 1 Share

davit:
I do this a lot. And it works guys.
On Uber or bolt?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
deedee44:

Almost all farmers. Successful ones are very few
Eveything career in life requires passion. If that is missen trust me success will never come.
If you dont have passion for something don't border going into it because you'll fail and get frustrated outta it.

This is the main reason most farmers are poor.

Ask dru23 how often her calls his drivers to know how their daily work is going and how the car is performing and what is needed to be fix and where can he get top notch service and repairs for his cars. Every business is like a baby, a flower and if you dont nurse it will fall sick and die later. You don't open your shop and then go home and sleep expecting ur customer to buy drop the money at the counter and leave without their change. You need to monitor it to the very last breath u take.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
I simply wind down my windows and turn off the AC.
When they ask why, I tell them the aroma will linger on in the car if I Don t do that. Also, that the next rider won't like such. While allowing them to eat, I sound warning of not staying my car with their food. Chikena.
Felicity0001:

Guys how do you handle riders who always want to eat in the car, I'm finding it very difficult to handle most riders in this. Most of them feel it's normal to eat in the car and most say I'm the first uber driver to call their attention on that.

One among the 3guys I carried last night around 2am says "after all its my right, I'm paying so I can do anything I like..." I just ended trip then asked them to come down of my vehicle, "i wont pay you".
"I'll rate you low"
Me: i dont give a Bleep about rating. please come down I've close for the day this is a destination trip thats y I on my bolt app.

Las las his other friend who was cool headed was now trying to calm the situation and was begging I drop them. They knew it will be diffixult for them to get a ride home they now calm down. Yet the most stubborn one among them still did eat quietly behind.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
Bolt. The part that only irritates me is when rider becomes impatient for me to see the alert. The trip no be cash or card? So you must wait till I confirm your transfer.
sofdoc1:

On Uber or bolt?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
sexylassie:

i have some questions for you

How are you sure of 100% margin? arent there cost and expenses involved in farming?

what if pests and diseases attack the crops, how will i get my investment back

also, how is the supply chain for these crops

i am asking because i have never ever seen a 100% margin in any investment, highest ROI you can get is 20%

in my opinion this looks like an agriculture ponzi scheme
Sexy haf come again oooh...
Ma'am im not doing any ads ooh pls dont get me wrong calling it an agro ponzi scheme grin. Lol...this woman shall sabi inglish.

Anyways, from my little experience its has work for me I wont say things I haven't experience. Forget the stats or forecast, a well cared watermelon farm will give you more than a 100% ROI doubt it if you please.

Any farmer pest eats up his/her crop doesnt know what they're doing or lack the reliquent experience. Before I went into my first watermelon farm I took 2years to study intensively about all varieties of watermelon including the market share. Na student wey no ready for exams dey fail.

The market share for agro produce is large, those hausas guys you see in their rags has millions stock in their cubicle to buy a trailer load of any produce you bring to the market. If you doubt me, take a walk to mile 12 market early in the morning or the popular market in fct where they offload plantain how see things for yourself you go fear your head.

You may want to ask, fulany heads men are all over the place. No be every where fulany dey enter oh...have ever heard any report of fulany from Edo State? River state? Only to mention a few.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 5:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
dru23:

Put a sign that says no eating in the car .. Make sure the sign is professionally done, and it is in view of anyone that sits in the car ..
Most importantly the sign has to be nicely done and printed
grin grin grin and in coloured cos some of them no go see am or sabi read...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sexylassie is becoming a VAR official on this thread.
VAR (video assistant referree). Not an insult oo. Hahahaaaaa

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 5:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
@Felicity, I simply roll down my glass if the person is nice otherwise, I pull over and tell you to come down.

Meanwhile, I don't know why but my prayer point this morning before leaving the house was not to be entangled with Lastma. Funny enough "the thing come happen....".

Scene 1: Was supposed to pick a rider near UBA marina , told him to wait at the Atm turning on broad street, I didn't see him after merry go round the third time as I pick am, n.a. so Lastma block me , ask for Drivers license etc. Saw my Surname and ask if I'm from somewhere, I responded Las las I tell them make them no vex say I be staff.

Scene 2; Picked this Yahoo boy sort of from surulere who was in a hurry to get to the airport, at the junction of Layi Oyekanmi linking palm avenue or going straight to Daleko, n.a. so Local govt tout jump out with spikes , wan enter car , I beg them say I be staff, n.a. so them smile free me.

Honestly, I've been lucky today and I thank God, n.a. so money for enter bush. Always commit your day into God's hands for those that believe.

As I dey so I don close , Sergeant Moridele is on his way home , tomorrow is another day by His Grace.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin and in coloured cos some of them no go see am or sabi read...

This is better......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
sexylassie:

good for you, all his staffs are on nairaland, one came before you and wrote, he is the logistic officer that they are sending to ph, now you are the other one also claiming ph, who will be the third person?? make una continue with una lies, i have my proof, dont think any threat or abuse i read here, i take it seriously.

now, do not make yourself important, the cause of the argument isnt because of you, so move on to PH instead of wasting your time replying me

there is this problem in Nigeria, it is the problem of writing long stories and epistles to show do-you-know-who-I-am but all na audio according to psychologist they say it is a personality disorder(NPD) precisely, the feeling of self importance, very common among nigerians

anyway, i didnt come here to argue, me, i have done my own research but its shows otherwise,

the only reason i love to do check on people is because Nigerians are liars, i have meet many and not one truth came out of their mouth, it is only bragging and bragging, time for action na audio, no show.

so i have decided that before i can believe or do anything with anybody, a background check must be done and thank god for that simple implementation, fraudsters and scammers now run away when i smell their scam, now i know truth from lies.

if you like you can continue to believe any story here, until you meet someone who says he owns a space station and he believe he can make you an astronaut in 3 months and it will make your family and village be proud of you, then you shall take seriously, what i have been trying to say and know that anybody who talks big without proof or evidences na scam he dey try do.

Btw, your boss you have been defending,, i know his second moniker on nairaland, where he gives advises does his real life side hustle without bragging.

lets leave it there before you bring peacock beach estate, where a house for sale can be within the range of ₦320,000,000. but then again, he says he does uber for fun, make i no just laugh.

Na this kind thing dey make me vex. Madam please specify which action you are talking about... Is it in za oza room ?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

"I'll rate you low"

....because I don’t have time for argument. Below is what I show them. Chloe of BBnaija once tried the “you are the first driver to tell me not to eat” line with me. She called me all sorts of name that day but I don’t care, I ended the trip at toll gate. No time!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
Babadee1900:
....because I don’t have time for argument. Below is what I show them. Chloe of BBnaija once tried the “you are the first driver to tell me not to eat” line with me. She called me all sorts of name that day but I don’t care, I ended the trip at till gate. No time!
Waoo, I knew Uber doesn't allow eating in driver's car but haven't seen this.
The thing is how many persons even take time to read these don'ts?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phargbemmy(m): 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212442974308332&id=1800754396

2005 Camry, Direct toks for sale.
Asking price is 1.6m and slightly negotiable.
DM on whatsapp on 07068981798 for pix.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sofdoc1: 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
Guys please I need your advice on best phone to use for Uber i.e cheapest and readily accepted.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
tojahh:

Don't hurt her, I wee play

Play or pay grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
Gentlelife50:

They don’t know about it, once I perceive the smell of food, I look back to see what’s going on. If I tell you not to eat and you want to stress my life with arguments, I don’t waste in showing them the screenshot.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
Felicity0001:

Eveything career in life requires passion. If that is missen trust me success will never come.
If you dont have passion for something don't border going into it because you'll fail and get frustrated outta it.

This is the main reason most farmers are poor.

Ask dru23 how often her calls his drivers to know how their daily work is going and how the car is performing and what is needed to be fix and where can he get top notch service and repairs for his cars. Every business is like a baby, a flower and if you dont nurse it will fall sick and die later. You don't open your shop and then go home and sleep expecting ur customer to buy drop the money at the counter and leave without their change. You need to monitor it to the very last breath u take.
Farming, like every other business requires more than passion to thrive. You need to have deep knowledge and understanding of the challenges, not the profits.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Almost 3 years driving on uber, im just seeing that policy now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) ... (5713) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: glambo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.