Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4800869 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2545) (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) (2550) (2551) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBiB0aRfWAU

Alot of Hire Purchase (HP) agreements are signed by drivers out of ignorance thus putting them under huge financial pressure. In this video I talked about how you can calculate Hire purchase using the Simple interest formula. This should give you an idea of a good HP deal before you sign that contract.

Enjoy the video and do remember to subscribe and share to other drivers forum.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
*taking a break from Jamaican rice*
Public Service Announcement

My fellow Nairalanders,

As this epidemic has ravaged our country I have directed resources to where they are needed.

As Uber drivers are their own bosses and not employees, they surely have reserves for this trying period that has just started. As such, I have directed all resources to our more vulnerable citizens in the form of my 31 employees through additional cash bonuses for bulk food purchases to assure that they do not starve. We are also managing resources so they continue to receive paychecks while this pandemic continues.

Should this pandemic be extended, extra resources- if available - may discretely be shared with non-CEO Uber employees with good employment history and customer service (like chillex8) on a need-based assessment as there have already been a couple of recipients approved and provided for.

Here concludes today's PSA. Thank you my fellow Nairalanders.

RAD AUTO FIRST!
*Returns to Jamaican rice*

grin

grin

grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
Eizenburg:

It takes a really focused, disciplined and prudent fellow to achieve significant savings from a hustle where you get paid on a daily basis, especially if it’s your only source of income and you have responsibilities. I’m not saying it’s not possible. It is, you just have to practise delayed gratification.

Not really, the reason most people don't save is because they try to do it big. If each day N1,000 was transferred into interest bearing savings, an Uber driver would have 30k a month plus interest for each month he's been driving. If you're saying you can't put away 500-1,000 a day, you are in the wrong hustle.

If I'm wrong and this is not possible please set me straight

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
Felicity0001:

You're right shal... But think about this.

Boys grow up to become men and then husbands and fathers. How many responsibilities have added up?

2 right? Mind you his only job has been driving on uber with the same income or even worse lesser income because he can't keep late like he used to do when he was still single.

So don't be quick to judge my brother the country is hard.

And what are the women they married doing

See that's the problem. You guys still think that all falls on your shoulders and don't see your wives as viable resources. My dad does not hesitate to ask my mom for help and my husband doesn't hesitate to ask me for help. And yes, they both sometimes need help. As a matter of fact, I copied my parent's model and it hasn't let me down. Both husband and wife contribute equal portions of their income to the household and the rest is theirs to do as they please. I'm not down with the whole "sit back let the man make money for me to spend". Even housewives can contribute something to the household in the internet age.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

My fellow Nairalanders,

As this epidemic has ravaged our country I have directed resources to where they are needed.

As Uber drivers are their own bosses and not employees, they surely have reserves for this trying period that has just started. As such, I have directed all resources to our more vulnerable citizens in the form of my 31 employees through additional cash bonuses for bulk food purchases to assure that they do not starve. We are also managing resources so they continue to receive paychecks while this pandemic continues.

Should this pandemic be extended, extra resources- if available - may discretely be shared with non-CEO Uber employees with good employment history and customer service like chillex8 on a need-based assessment as there have already been a couple of recipients approved and provided for.

RAD AUTO FIRST!

grin

grin

grin
This is what we call a CEO. I just dey Imagine the smile for chillex8 face. May God bless you more than you can imagine Mama Radu!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

My fellow Nairalanders,

Should this pandemic be extended, extra resources- if available - may discretely be shared with non-CEO Uber employees with good employment history and customer service (like chillex8) on a need-based assessment as there have already been a couple of recipients approved and provided for.

RAD AUTO FIRST!

grin

grin

grin
Chillex8 automatic ticket. Chimmo!
I wish i can impersonate the guy. Hahahaaaaa
God bless u madam

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
hefelove:

This is what we call a CEO. I just dey Imagine the smile for chillex8 face. May God bless you more than you can imagine Mama Radu!

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

Not really, the reason most people don't save is because they try to do it big. If each day N1,000 was transferred into interest bearing savings, an Uber driver would have 30k a month plus interest for each month he's been driving. If you're saying you can't put away 500-1,000 a day, you are in the wrong hustle.

No arguments here. In as much as N500/N1k is relatively easy to put away daily, it still takes a disciplined person to do that.

You realize this from the little things; you hear some drivers say they prefer cash over card trips. I could never wrap my head around that.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
dru23:

LMAO grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

Personal savings in the U.S. The economy might be strong in the U.S., but nearly 70 percent of Americans have less than $1,000 stashed away, according to GOBankingRates' 2019 savings survey. The poll, released December 16, revealed 45 percent have nothing saved.Dec 18, 2019...

What makes you think an average working Nigerian can save for raining day ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
dru23:

All is forgiven and I wish you the best .....stay safe during this coronavirus epidemic.......
Thumbs up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

Personal savings in the U.S. The economy might be strong in the U.S., but nearly 70 percent of Americans have less than $1,000 stashed away, according to GOBankingRates' 2019 savings survey. The poll, released December 16, revealed 45 percent have nothing saved.Dec 18, 2019...

But at the sametime the ones that can save, lack discipline and focus .. But the truly educated and well expose hard working ones that bust their tails off ,cannot save due to the economic conditions .. This is my p.o.v

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lograr(m): 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

My fellow Nairalanders,

RAD AUTO FIRST!

grin

grin

grin

First real donation. Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

My fellow Nairalanders,

RAD AUTO FIRST!

grin

grin

grin
Chillex has found favour. smiley More greese to your elbow madam Rad.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
Felicity0001:

Despite your numerous verbal attacks on me I still like you but no matter d insult guy nothing dey for you grin
grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

It is possible. Although I do not use an interest bearing savings, what I use is the local piggy bank (kolo)

What I do is after the close of work, I set aside 1500-2000 that I put inside my ‘kolo’, I make it the first thing to do when I get home and I have been doing it consistently since January 4.

I used the piggybank app in December and set it to automatically debit my account of 3k at 11:59pm daily.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
dru23:

Chai! Dru23 Half finished us.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

If you can't afford insurance, you can't afford a car. Fight me.

What about those that bought cars, and do not want to insure them?

cc: Dru23

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
izzou:

Last ,last dru23 will be ok... you might win the battle, but I will always win the war.. USA Castrol coming out soon ....

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
izzou:

I said can't afford not won't.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

I said can't afford not won't.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
dru23:

Last ,last dru23 will be ok... you might win the battle, but I will always win the war.. USA Castrol coming out soon ....

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 6:54pm On Mar 30, 2020

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

See that's the problem. You guys still think that all falls on your shoulders and don't see your wives as viable resources. My dad does not hesitate to ask my mom for help and my husband doesn't hesitate to ask me for help. And yes, they both sometimes need help. As a matter of fact, I copied my parent's model and it hasn't let me down. Both husband and wife contribute equal portions of their income to the household and the rest is theirs to do as they please. I'm not down with the whole "sit back let the man make money for me to spend". Even housewives can contribute something to the household in the internet age.

Its no fault of the men but a reflex from our women. Most women have the notion that the man should be responsible for everything relating to the home even as little as sanitary pads and tissues.

Our women have this notion "my man should shoulder everything after all he's the man and the children bares his name".

Mind you not all women are privilege to sustain a job after marriage and during child birth but the few that are privilege I can tell you most of them are a pain in the neck to their hubbies especially at the down time of a man's life or when the man is incapacitated to carry major expenses in the home and at this time you begin to hear how important or "a 4minutes man" he is.

How many of our women inform their husbands each time they get paid even when the man is responsible for her tp to and fro.

We can argue this for ever without striking a balance but the facts remain,

When a man is responsible for the home nobody hears but the moment the woman takes responsibility for a few days the whole world will hear it.

After all na baba say "a woman's placr is in the kitchen".

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seunoj: 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

If you can't afford insurance, you can't afford a car. Fight me.
Insurance is simply transfer of risk. What if I decide to accept the risk

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
radautoworks:

word

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godservant84: 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
dru23:

But at the sametime the ones that can save, lack discipline and focus .. But the truly educated and well expose hard working ones that bust their tails off ,cannot save due to the economic conditions .. This is my p.o.v

Lol, why do you at any chance you get try to demean Nigeria or Nigerians, and you embellish it with the phrase "the average Nigerian" you do it subtly, I have not been here for long but I have noticed it.

The US or whatever country you usually compare with Nigeria didn't just become what they are today, they had their challenges.

Nigeria may not be all you want now but it will be someday whether you believe it or not.

The funny thing is most guys I have seen talk about Nigeria being this and that are quick to run here to make money because they know Nigeria is a gold mine.

Now, I am not saying Nigeria have it all together, but She will get there, every country has their challenges, it just depends on where you are, at your challenges.

If it's not that you have high moral standard than the average Nigerian, it is that our insurance companies are shit or that the average Nigerian can't save for rainy days, who told you all this?

You can simply say what you want to say without having that air of being better at everything than the " average Nigerian" because you reside somewhere that is supposedly better than Nigeria.

I actually enjoy you when you give out your business experiences, the few times I have come across them, I learn alot from them.. Cheers

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
Godservant84:

Lol, why do you at any chance you get try to demean Nigeria or Nigerians, and you embellish it with words like "the average Nigerian" you do it subtly, I have not been here for long but I have noticed it.

The US or whatever country you usually compare with Nigeria didn't just become what they are today, they had their challenges.

Nigeria may not be all you want now but it will be someday whether you believe it or not.

The funny thing is most guys I have seen talk about Nigeria being this and that are quick to run here to make money because they know Nigeria is a gold mine.

Now, I am not saying Nigeria have it all together, but it will get there, every country has their challenges, it just depends on where you are, at your challenges.

If it's not that you have high moral standard than the average Nigerian, it is that our insurance companies are shit or that the average Nigerian can't save for rainy days, who told you all this?

You can simply say what you want to say without having that air of being better at everything than the " average Nigerian" because you reside somewhere that is supposedly better than Nigeria.

I actually enjoy you when you give out your business experiences, the few times I have come across them, I learn alot from them.. Cheers

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
Felicity0001:

Chai! Dru23 Half finished us.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
Babadee1900:
It is possible. Although I do not use an interest bearing savings, what I use is the local piggy bank (kolo)

What I do is after the close of work, I set aside 1500-2000 that I put inside my ‘kolo’, I make it the first thing to do when I get home and I have been doing it consistently since January 4.

I used the piggybank app in December and set it to automatically debit my account of 3k at 11:59pm daily.
tell me more babadee. What app is that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godservant84: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
dru23:

Well, most of your assertions about Nigeria are wrong..That's my point.. I care less about what your words intend to attract.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godservant84: 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
Babadee1900:

That app is a life saver, been using it for more than 3 years and it has done wonders for me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2545) (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) (2550) (2551) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.