Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4752250 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megir: 9:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
Good evening everyone, please I will like to know if there’s any Lexus or Toyota with 2GR-FE engine that’s good for Uber ? Or MB 230- 300 ?
Owner will be driving.
Thanks
Cc Radautoworks
Gazzuzz
And other numerous gurus.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2020
Vision2045:

Hope u snapped a picture before handing it over...

If when returning the condition of the car is not in the state it was when you return it..

He has an obligation to return the car to the state it was before, in a situation where he disagrees, you can either revalue the car or ask he refund every kobo you paid (I said every kobo)

Reason:

1. The moment he ask you to return the car to him due to the obvious fact that you cant meet up with payment, which is not even your fault...

Meaning he has taken away the right of custody bestowed on you by the HP agreement..that right can only be judged right, if the owner of the car can prove that your place or where u keep the car is not safe. If otherwise you have a point to get every kobo back.

2. In a situation where he not only took the car but now transfer custody and useage to another person whom is termed friend..He has violated the right the HP bestow on you as well.

So that more reason why if anything happen to the car after you returned it, he must reinstate it back to original state of collection.

Common law is part of our law and the principle that guides my summation above is the principle of estoppel.
Come oga u b lawyer?
grin

In the flip side.

Una get light for una area after last night heavy wind?
When will the differences btw NEPA and bad weather be resolved

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2020
Carshopper:

Very correct statement here... the contractual agreement has already been breached by handing the car over to a 3rd party that wasn't part of the hire purchase agreement signed. You have every RIGHT to demand compensation.
And does the clause state the penalty to this clause? Most HP clause only state penalties if driver default but never states if owner defaults.

Judges rule cases base on evidence and proofs of valid points.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fiestafetta: 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
dapotemi:
Bros, be careful with the kind of advice you get here. YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER OF THE CAR YET! You self reason am, am assuming the car is a corolla, maybe bought for 1.8m, plate number, maybe comp insurance, maybe tracker. Am assuming 2m total package, so because you have paid me 100k, about 5% of my COST, you want to hold my keys, remove plate number, remove tyre. All this people giving you this advice wants to render you jobless unknowingly.
I don't know d contract you sign but know that the car owner still Remain d owner of his car in nearly 99% of HP agreement until you don PAY finish. I have witness where someone paid 70% of HP agreement and still losses d car due to inability to pay completely. There are some Wicked clause in most agreement. Remember, it was draft by car owner and its always to their advantage. If you try removing anything from that car, God's willing Corona end and you default and he activate one of those wicked clause in ur agreement. Am sure that u know that there are weeks you will Surely default and you will need his help, no sow bad seed Now.
My Advice, return his car, it should not be in ur possession this period self, share your honest concern with him, about how d car might be devalue and all that and how this might affect d car you're already paying for. Listen to his responds.If he cares about you and your contract, you will know what to do. I don't think his friend wants to use d car, he just want d car to be in his possession. Do not terminate d contract, things will be a little bit slow, I mean hard after dis Corona period. Hold on to what you've got!
the best advice ever

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
deedee44:

I disagree

Okay
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
Felicity0001:

Come oga u b lawyer?
grin

In the flip side.

Una get light for una area after last night heavy wind?
When will the differences btw NEPA and bad weather be resolved

Lol

Boss mi...I B HR by profession so Business law was part of my core.

Light scarce o...to cap it...dem still dey do rotation for us..2 days on 1 day off..so yesterday na our off... But we don get like 3hrs service today
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:36pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

thanks bosses.. I gave given him the car. I didnt give him any agreement to sign nor demand anything from him.

Good.
There is a lot of restrictions to movement even if u an essential worker there is a limit to where u can go this lock down.
U can't visit people, no party, no church only office n it's to park for morning close for half day.
Road free there should be no accident or scratches unless village people wan touch d car.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RealSleek(m): 12:29am On Apr 05, 2020
avidleo:
Who has used this guy before?

He worked on my car and his service was ok. If you have any issue with your car trust me he will give you his true state of things. His price is reasonable enough

I recommend him for ya all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 12:40am On Apr 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

And does the clause state the penalty to this clause? Most HP clause only state penalties if driver default but never states if owner defaults.

Judges rule cases base on evidence and proofs of valid points.

Does the contract states that the owner can claim back the car and give to another party?

Every contract states (this agreement is contracted between Partner and d Driver) and that the Driver will pay a certain amount weekly,monthly or whenever to the Partner after which ownership changes hand. So there is an obligation to both parties to co-exist within that contract till it completes or there is a breach in agreement.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2020
jonaifame22:
thank you sir,God bless, and Alps sir does ur civic use a CVT and if yes how much do you get the oil and where do you buy from

Yes I believe it uses CVT , I import my oils from transmission to engine oil .. The civic transmission needs special fluid, so make sure you use the recommended .

Picture below ....... And also any issues you might have with your civic , take it to a mechanic in ladipo that does Honda cars alone.. The guy is very, very ok and make sure you use the recommended engine oil ....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:05am On Apr 05, 2020
Vision2045:

Lol

Boss mi...I B HR by profession so Business law was part of my core.

Light scarce o...to cap it...dem still dey do rotation for us..2 days on 1 day off..so yesterday na our off... But we don get like 3hrs service today
Hmmm... Impressive!

I hate that rationing of light enh... In my area light has been good since the lockdown we usually have like 20hrs sometimes 24hrs then off for like 2hrs. But since the wind 2days ago we have had light.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 8:11am On Apr 05, 2020
deedee44:

Izzou my friend, if we look at it critically the car belongs to the driver at the moment
seriously?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 05, 2020
Just so you know ☺️
Your local man is still in need of a partner for Uber or bolt services, you can quote me and I'll respond ASAP

PEAS ☺️ (peace)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by analo: 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
good afternoon friends,
please from previous posts I have read here I'd like NY fellow drivers yo help me call this certain boy who owes me 5k and has refused to take my calls and offs his phone most times.
please at this time that money means a lot to me and my family.
his number is 0807 195 3600, 09046549653
please can we put fire on his phone so he would pay me my money
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Hmmm... Impressive!

I hate that rationing of light enh... In my area light has been good since the lockdown we usually have like 20hrs sometimes 24hrs then off for like 2hrs. But since the wind 2days ago we have had light.

Bros's 20/24 hrs light in Nigeria ?
Are you in Abuja sir, cos it's only some places in FCT dt boast of steady light.
Maybe u dey live on PHCN boss street

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 12:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
BAZ001:

Are you in Abuja sir, cos it's only some places in FCT dt boast of steady light.
Ikorodu dey get up to 20hrs light. One thing i miss abt ikorodu. I no dey use Gen for ikorodu wen i dey live there o.
We still dey get up to 15-18hrs light in gbagada during this lockdwn.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
analo:
good afternoon friends,
please from previous posts I have read here I'd like NY fellow drivers yo help me call this certain boy who owes me 5k and has refused to take my calls and offs his phone most times.
please at this time that money means a lot to me and my family.
his number is 0807 195 3600, 09046549653
please can we put fire on his phone so he would pay me my money

How did it happen?
When did it happen? Yesterday?

Give the house details

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by analo: 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
izzou:

How did it happen?
When did it happen? Yesterday?

Give the house details

it happened last week Sunday he ordered me to pick up a girl for him which I did, then from the house I took the girl to go and buy some stuffs twice. the guy tried transferring but it wasn't going through den later he did it the mistake I made was to have left the house that afternoon because I know the area, but I have been waiting for alert since then till now. he told me on Monday that the transfer did not go but he would send it from the bank and since then he has refused taking my calls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2020
BAZ001:

Baba I'm not exaggerating.

Though b4 the lockdown we do have like 10-14hrs some days 18hrs like in Abule Egba Olaniyi area ooo I'm being serious.

B4 the heavy wind nights ago the light was about 28hrs then off for like another 2-3/4hrs then on for another 16hrs before it finally went off till now after the wind.

Anyways, I'm presently at Yaba Isolation centre. Dont panic guys I'm fine.

Me I must chop from this N500million corona virus budget oooh... Erecting tent for the isolation centre.

Will share pics later

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Though b4 the lockdown we do have like 10-14hrs some days 18hrs like in Abule Egba Olaniyi area ooo I'm being serious.

B4 the heavy wind nights ago the light was about 28hrs then off for like another 2-3/4hrs then on for another 16hrs before it finally went off till now after the wind.

Me I must chop from this N500million corona virus budget oooh... Erecting tent for the isolation centre.

Will share pics later

Share from the budget don't share from the virus o

Be safe

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by searchng4love: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
shollywendy1:

Ikorodu dey get up to 20hrs light. One thing i miss abt ikorodu. I no dey use Gen for ikorodu wen i dey live there o.
We still dey get up to 15-18hrs light in gbagada during this lockdwn.
No wonder diportivo dey do shakara

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by searchng4love: 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
Felicity0001:

Will share pics later
Do the job well.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
No
Felicity0001:

Will share pics later

Broda b safe I still owe you that drink ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jonaifame22(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
peeps4u:

Bro, anything beyond Camry (Big for nothing), Hyundai, Matrix, corolla, Honda civic and city, don't rush into it except you've got someone who uses this ES 330 full time on ehailing and can attest to its efficacy. Not that there are no other cars that can do this job, but these are the cars people most use and can vouch for. Don't gamble with a car you or no one has used before on ehailing platform. Unless you're not planning to do ehailing biz full time.

Benz C230 is another car someone also uses from this thread and attests to its functions. You can check just few pages back

In everything, don't test water with strange cars for ehailing. Use cars people have used and confirm its functions.

Good luck bro
pls sir, i want to ask if Honda city 2005-2008 is reliable for e-hailng, I intend to drive it my self and also pls what's the price range for Nigerian used and where also can one get,thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2020
To all my Brothers and Sisters in the automotive industry I just want to say thank you for all you do.
For we are the unsung heroes in this battle with Covid-19. Yes, we seem to be the forgotten ones when it’s time to give praise to the “Essential Services”. But make no mistakes my friends we ARE “Essential”.
Because of us the ambulances & police vehicles are safe and maintained so that they can continue to save lives and protect our community.
Because of us medical professionals can get to and from work safely so that they can continue the great work they are doing helping and saving our sick.
Because of us transportation services can continue to get “essential” workers where they need to go.
Because of us our beloved truckers can continue to keep the supply chain flowing.
Because of us our grocery stores and restaurant employees and market people can get to their destination safely to provide us with food and other life essential goods.
(On a personal note these employees deserve a hell of a raise in pay for what they are doing)
Our job requires us at times to get in dirty, smelly, germ infested vehicles to perform repairs. We are taking great risks every time we get in a vehicle or interact with a client. But we do it because our heart has deemed us “Essential” and because our first responders need us. “Essential” is a title I will wear with a sense of pride even if we are the forgotten.
Be proud my brothers and sisters without us none of this would be possible.
Thank you to ALL our “Essential” service workers for all you are doing to fight this pandemic.

All from a mechanic forum

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 3:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
Blackbishop:
To all my Brothers and Sisters in the automotive industry I just want to say thank you for all you do.
For we are the unsung heroes in this battle with Covid-19. Yes, we seem to be the forgotten ones when it’s time to give praise to the “Essential Services”. But make no mistakes my friends we ARE “Essential”.
Because of us the ambulances & police vehicles are safe and maintained so that they can continue to save lives and protect our community.
Because of us medical professionals can get to and from work safely so that they can continue the great work they are doing helping and saving our sick.
Because of us transportation services can continue to get “essential” workers where they need to go.
Because of us our beloved truckers can continue to keep the supply chain flowing.
Because of us our grocery stores and restaurant employees and market people can get to their destination safely to provide us with food and other life essential goods.
(On a personal note these employees deserve a hell of a raise in pay for what they are doing)
Our job requires us at times to get in dirty, smelly, germ infested vehicles to perform repairs. We are taking great risks every time we get in a vehicle or interact with a client. But we do it because our heart has deemed us “Essential” and because our first responders need us. “Essential” is a title I will wear with a sense of pride even if we are the forgotten.
Be proud my brothers and sisters without us none of this would be possible.
Thank you to ALL our “Essential” service workers for all you are doing to fight this pandemic.

All from a mechanic forum

Oga!! We need money for pocket cry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
searchng4love:

No wonder diportivo dey do shakara
Na rat and cocroach dey live inside ikorodu people's Gen. As dem no dey use am .lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
Vision2045:

Share from the budget don't share from the virus o

Be safe

cheesy cheesy grin

This one strong oh.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alertman24(m): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
jonaifame22:
pls sir, i want to ask if Honda city 2005-2008 is reliable for e-hailng, I intend to drive it my self and also pls what's the price range for Nigerian used and where also can one get,thank you

Honda City is also a reliable car for e- hailing just like Honda Civic, it has bullet proof engine and the fuel economy is ok. l drive Honda City 2008 model. l use Hardex Gold SAE 5W-30 engine oil.
You can get Nigerian used car at jiji, the price range is from 800000- 1.2m, it depends on the quality, it may be higher.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jonaifame22(m): 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Alertman24:

Honda City is also a reliable car for e- hailing just like Honda Civic, it has bullet proof engine and the fuel economy is ok. l drive Honda City 2008 model. l use Hardex Gold SAE 5W-30 engine oil.
You can get Nigerian used car at jiji, the price range is from 800000- 1.2m, it depends on the quality, it may be higher.
how about the CVT oil how much do you buy urs and how often do you service yours
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by avidleo: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
Reasonable price is relative bro

RealSleek:

He worked on my car and his service was ok. If you have any issue with your car trust me he will give you his true state of things. His price is reasonable enough

I recommend him for ya all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alertman24(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
jonaifame22:
how about the CVT oil how much do you buy urs and how often do you service yours

l have no problem with transmission yet. l have not bought any.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: ksmart027(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.