Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,783 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:47 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5103103 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) ... (5800) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Felicity0001:

Wow! Are you for real?! So you're one of those that hate the man. Had he not taken prompt measures in closing down their borders America would have had more than the 2million predicted death by now.

Or in what way did you think he failed.

To me the Chinese government should be blamed for this whole problem happening in thw world now because, why didnt they resort to a total lockdown when this dieses brokeout and was killimg people in thousands last year but no, they kept it a secret to themselves and to the world thinking they would hide their pregnancy and the baby after delivery.

The doctor that caution them and suggested an early lockdown to them last year died mysteriously.

So stop casting blames if you dont have concrete information to do.
he did NOT close the country promptly. They knew since last November and we're told to shut down in late January and didn't listen. They didn't shut down mid-late February when my state was already shut down. I live here. I know. Even in March people were still flying in without being checked at the airport. angry

WATCH HIM ANSWER THIS REPORTER ABOUT THIS TOPIC AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HIS HANDLING. https://www.mediaite.com/trump/youre-so-disgraceful-trump-berates-cbss-paula-reid-during-unhinged-white-house-rant/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/donald-trump-ignored-coronavirus-warnings-21855913

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/12/21218305/trump-ignored-coronavirus-warnings

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-pandemic-response-was-hindered-by-missed-opportunities-ignored-warnings-2020-04-12

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-pandemic-response-was-hindered-by-missed-opportunities-ignored-warnings-2020-04-12

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Msb4love: 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
nitigriti:

Which is unfortunate.
US of A was never supposed to be in this COVID 19 mess. But President Trump failed the country. Every 25,000+ Americans that have died in this crisis, their blood is on his hands. He is a classic example of what happens when a leader is clueless.

Quoting him, "COVID 19 will just disappear, it will melt away ... like a miracle."
Pls I would like to learn more y u said Trump as failed his country on the Covid-19 crisis

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
radautoworks:

Thank you. I know say na boredom and ironu grin
No ish mama. Mama make you bless your boy for rhis season d matter don dey red small small ooh u no say I loyal to your government.

By the way what's the meaning of ironu?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
I love mr trump. Whatever trump does is right in my eye. The Chinese virus is being used as a political weapon against mr trump by the democrat, If I am correct, ending of this year will be an election and trump will win again, mr biden the man who doesn't know where he is and doesn't know what he speaks of, will lose.

The most hit hard state by the chinese virus is newyork, a Democratic party control state but they will also find ways to blame trump for their mismanagement
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
It's a very bitter pill for Trump lovers to swallow. They just don't believe he messed up

I love Trump too, but he brought this upon his people. He acted very late. He dismissed the virus as a common flu. Ben Carson sef fall my hand

Trump and Buhari are obviously in the same WhatsApp group concerning Covid-19.

THEY BOTH ACTED LATE

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
radautoworks:
he did NOT close the country promptly. They knew since last November and we're told to shut down in late January and didn't listen. They didn't shut down mid-late February when my state was already shut down. I live here. I know. Even in March people were still flying in without being checked at the airport. angry

WATCH HIM ANSWER THIS REPORTER ABOUT THIS TOPIC AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HIS HANDLING. https://www.mediaite.com/trump/youre-so-disgraceful-trump-berates-cbss-paula-reid-during-unhinged-white-house-rant/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/donald-trump-ignored-coronavirus-warnings-21855913

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/12/21218305/trump-ignored-coronavirus-warnings

Hmm... I really dont like getting involve in issues that pertain America, nevertheless, this is a global issue and the lockdown wolrd wide especially in America is having a great effect across the world.

With that been said, telling the president to swing into action by locking down his borders without first considering the effects it will cause worldwide is a big WRONG and ILL ADVICE.
Unless you want to tell me that the lockdown in America is not affect business worldwide.

So I think these where aome of the things Trump tried to consider before taking the last option.

I watched the first video you posted but didn't see the other once due to inefficient data, you know say na lockdown we too dey so no money to run subscription unless. But in the first video I could only see a woman ranting and questioning without even allowing the her president to say a word or attend to her questions. You should known Trump is a very blunt and arrogant person and a peraon that knows how to play the mind game, so calling the lady "fake" was just to make her stop so he could talk. That's what I think.

@sexylassie the reason New York is hit badly is simply because New York is just like lagos state - the entry most and main entry point to the country. Its only unfortunate its been govern by a democratic governor. In asmuch, I still respect Trump and strongly believe he'll be re-elected come the November
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
Felicity0001:

Wow! Are you for real?! So you're one of those that hate the man. Had he not taken prompt measures in closing down their borders America would have had more than the 2million predicted death by now.

Or in what way did you think he failed.

To me the Chinese government should be blamed for this whole problem happening in thw world now because, why didnt they resort to a total lockdown when this dieses brokeout and was killimg people in thousands last year but no, they kept it a secret to themselves and to the world thinking they would hide their pregnancy and the baby after delivery.

The doctor that caution them and suggested an early lockdown to them last year died mysteriously.

So stop casting blames if you dont have concrete information to do.
Take time and listen to his recent 1hr 46min press release yesterday.

I really do not have concrete information. Something is wrong with me.

My bad. My apologies too. Let me go back to my work.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
Msb4love:
Pls I would like to learn more y u said Trump as failed his country on the Covid-19 crisis

Just follow Aunt @RadAutoWorks posts. She's done great justice to the matter.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
izzou:
It's a very bitter pill for Trump lovers to swallow. They just don't believe he messed up

I love Trump too, but he brought this upon his people. He acted very late. He dismissed the virus as a common flu. Ben Carson sef fall my hand

Trump and Buhari are obviously in the same WhatsApp group concerning Covid-19.

THEY BOTH ACTED LATE
Them dey call president you dey mention Buhari, that one na pe**on abi walking de*d?

Anyways, I dont blame him for not been prompt in ordering a lockdown afyer all no father would lock the door against his child when the sound of war is approaching his door step.

His daughter was in the UK and oir darling original president in the person of Abba Kyari was also some out in the blue doing what only God knows. Now he brought the virus in and since was confirmed positive to the virus only God knows his whereabouts.

In other words, I still want to believe this virus has long entered Nigeria even before it went viral just that we never had testing kits to ascertain.
Same way the number we have today is not actual because we are not really carrying out adequate testing. And same thing applies to the USA because both countries have large influx of Chinese in and out on a daily bases since the outbreak of this deadly dieses so what makes you rhink that if either USA or Nigeria had lockdown since January they still wouldnt have had any case of the virus??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
nitigriti:

I really do not have concrete information. Something is wrong with me.

My bad. My apologies too. Let me go back to my work.
Lol... Bros na discuss we dey na no take am personal o

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
I rest my case. Evidence have shown like izzou kind of said that Trump supporters put all their eggs in his basket so they have no choice but to kwantinue. I rest my case. If you are black or low income and you support him OYO be your case. Or you don't see that it's mostly black people dying because it's their states he is not funding?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
Guys please I need help to fish out this idiot with this numbers the peraon has been flashing me with all these numbers for the past 1 week I really dont know what to do.

Master @izzuo bikonu your CIA eyes is needed here

+257 71 91 35 84
+252592543548
+252592764075
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
The race card and identity politics will always be used against trump, thanks to the fake news media aka CNN.

Black people are mostly affected in the US because many of them did not obey the quarantine rules. Funny enough most of them live in Democratic controlled States, whites, Hispanics and Latinos are obeying the quarantine stay at home order that is why there are low death rate among them, only the blacks are breaking the rules. Trump isn't the cause of their problems, they are the cause of their problems, as long as I am concern, the Democratic party aren't concern about black people, they are more concern about blaming trump and winning votes on false accusations.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AngryIgboMan: 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2020

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
Felicity0001:

Hmm... I really dont like getting involve in issues that pertain America, nevertheless, this is a global issue and the lockdown wolrd wide especially in America is having a great effect across the world.

With that been said, telling the president to swing into action by locking down his borders without first considering the effects it will cause worldwide is a big WRONG and ILL ADVICE.
Unless you want to tell me that the lockdown in America is not affect business worldwide.

So I think these where aome of the things Trump tried to consider before taking the last option.

I watched the first video you posted but didn't see the other once due to inefficient data, you know say na lockdown we too dey so no money to run subscription unless. But in the first video I could only see a woman ranting and questioning without even allowing the her president to say a word or attend to her questions. You should known Trump is a very blunt and arrogant person and a peraon that knows how to play the mind game, so calling the lady "fake" was just to make her stop so he could talk. That's what I think.

@sexylassie the reason New York is hit badly is simply because New York is just like lagos state - the entry most and main entry point to the country. Its only unfortunate its been govern by a democratic governor. In asmuch, I still respect Trump and strongly believe he'll be re-elected come the November

it shows the incompetence of both the elected democratic party governor and mayor but they cant just stop blaming trump for all the death in Newyork.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Msb4love: 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
sexylassie:
The race card and identity politics will always be used against trump, thanks to the fake news media aka CNN.

Black people are mostly affected in the US because many of them did not obey the quarantine rules. Funny enough most of them live in Democratic controlled States, whites, Hispanics and Latinos are obeying the quarantine stay at home order that is why there are low death rate among them, only the blacks are breaking the rules. Trump isn't the cause of their problems, they are the cause of their problems, as long as I am concern, the Democratic party aren't concern about black people, they are more concern about blaming trump and winning votes on false accusations.

Wow, look at all these black people violating quarantine in March!! Oh wait... They're all white shocked

As a matter of fact, I can't seem to find any images of black people violating lockdown because they conspired to remove all images from the internet I'm sure. Hmmm...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/photos-that-prove-going-outside-is-bad

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/wxe3y9/texas-spring-breakers-defend-themselves-covid-19-outbreak

https://kywnewsradio.radio.com/articles/radiocom/can-you-get-fined-for-not-adhering-to-social-distancing

https://patch.com/california/lakeelsinore-wildomar/policing-coronavirus-offenders-riverside-county-app-launched?utm_source=&utm_medium=rss&utm_term=politics%20%26%20government&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/think-act-be/202003/5-bad-reasons-some-people-still-arent-social-distancing

THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN JUST FOR YOU https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/race-and-blame/609946/

If you plan to respond please come with the receipts and not conspiracy theories. I'm sure there is evidence apart from your opinion that you can also present to support your stance. smiley

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Whenever Trump is mentioned, some people come alive, including those that voted Buhari twice. Anyway sources of news matter. Anybody can post any article as factual, but they are all biased. Yesterday he had to show them clips of his actions and their reactions then just to refresh their memory and some agencies decided to boycott the briefing because they were once again exposed as Fake news.
One reporter even had to ask him 'how many deaths were acceptable to him' and even the soft spoken Dr. Fauci had come under fire and had to shout on them twice. The same press that lampooned him for stopping Chinese and some European flights calling him racist and power drunk are now revising history.

In LA, police had to disperse some black people that went to celebrate the birthday of a one year old child and so many more. The blacks were tearing the Surgeon General(a fellow black) the other day for advising them about the pandemic, calling him uncle Tom. Identity politics and victim mentality is all I see about blacks.

Anyway we see what we want to see and it takes great strength to look at both sides.

What do I know self, CNN is the alpha and omega, the infallible god of many Nigerians, one day they will tell us that Buhari is the best president in the world and people will believe.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2141596/Video-LAPD-forced-break-childs-birthday-party-coronavirus.html

Black pastor
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/bishop-gerald-glenn-coronavirus.amp.html

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
We always to quick to judge. Over 3.2million US citizens have been tested.

Over 2.6million are negative with above 600k test positive.

China and so many countries include UK have not tested up to a million citizens. More reason there positive rate are low.

Nigeria s record amuse me. They claimed to have tested 5000 Nigerian since 2 weeks ago. Yet the figure remains the same

Any more positive cases rose from 112 to 370+. Hmm

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
Tgiirl:
We always to quick to judge. Over 3.2million US citizens have been tested.

Over 2.6million are negative with above 600k test positive.

China and so many countries include UK have not tested up to a million citizens. More reason there positive rate are low.

Nigeria s record amuse me. They claimed to have tested 5000 Nigerian since 2 weeks ago. Yet the figure remains the same

Any more positive cases rose from 112 to 370+. Hmm

Abeg chop knuckle

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
I'm getting a lot of private message requests for help. You are limiting yourself by asking only me. Please put your need and details here so that those that can will help. I'm sure I'm not the only one helping. After doing 100k yesterday I will not be responding to PMs on this topic going forward. I am watching and will help as I can as long as my employees (my priorities) are also okay.

Please hang in there. Your fellow men are more generous than you think. Give us a chance to show it without being put on the spot wink

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:08am On Apr 16, 2020
radautoworks:
I'm getting a lot of private message requests for help. You are limiting yourself by asking only me. Please put your need and details here so that those that can will help. I'm sure I'm not the only one helping. After doing 100k yesterday I will not be responding to PMs on this topic going forward. I am watching and will help as I can as long as my employees (my priorities) are also okay.

Please hang in there. Your fellow men are more generous than you think. Give us a chance to show it without being put on the spot wink
Anyone that can't come out in public to ask help from people they neither know nor meet has no business with getting help.

Givers never lacks, its a biblical principle to attaining the hidden riches of the world. Madam radautoworks may your source never go dry.

On the flip side... Where is calaberdick I hope you're good where ever you're because from information most covid 19 patient are mainly on the island especially the lekki environs.

Pls stay save and be safe where ever you're.
No forget the motor you promised me ooohgrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 12:25am On Apr 16, 2020
radautoworks:

Wow, look at all these black people violating quarantine in March!! Oh wait... They're all white shocked

As a matter of fact, I can't seem to find any images of black people violating lockdown because they conspired to remove all images from the internet I'm sure. Hmmm...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/photos-that-prove-going-outside-is-bad

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/wxe3y9/texas-spring-breakers-defend-themselves-covid-19-outbreak

https://kywnewsradio.radio.com/articles/radiocom/can-you-get-fined-for-not-adhering-to-social-distancing

https://patch.com/california/lakeelsinore-wildomar/policing-coronavirus-offenders-riverside-county-app-launched?utm_source=&utm_medium=rss&utm_term=politics%20%26%20government&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/think-act-be/202003/5-bad-reasons-some-people-still-arent-social-distancing

THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN JUST FOR YOU https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/race-and-blame/609946/

If you plan to respond please come with the receipts and not conspiracy theories. I'm sure there is evidence apart from your opinion that you can also present to support your stance. smiley

yours pictures from google arent facts, you cant just type in what you feel like typing on google then go to image and then use it as facts.

- In Chicago, for example, black Americans account for 68 percent of the city’s 118 deaths and 52 percent of the roughly 5,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, despite making up just 30 percent of the city’s population, according to data from the Chicago Department of Public Health.

-Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said Monday that, of the 512 coronavirus deaths so far, more than 70 percent were African American patients, who make up just 32 percent of the state’s population.

-In New York City, it was revealed this week 34 per cent of deaths from the novel virus were Hispanic residents while 28 per cent were black. This comes as the New York City population is made up of 29 per cent Hispanic and 22 per cent black residents.

-Disparities in death toll in minority communities are also found in areas like Milwaukee County, Washington DC, and North Carolina.

- in Wisconsin’s Milwaukee County, African Americans make up 25 percent of the population, but 75 percent of the confirmed deaths.

How come whites arent experiencing the same death toll as blacks?

The surgeon general of the United states Jerome Adams(a black man) advised black people to stay home

People of color experience [are] both more likely [to have] exposure to Covid-19 and increased complications from it,” Adams said. “But let me be crystal clear: We do not think people of color are biologically or genetically predisposed to get Covid-19. There is nothing inherently wrong with you. But they are socially predisposed to coronavirus ... exposure and to have a higher incidence of the very diseases that put you at risk for severe complications of coronavirus.”

according to another doctor, Dr Kowalik:

She lays bare what she thinks is the major reason why African Americans are at a disadvantage when it comes to Covid-19.

"African-Americans have more of the underlying health conditions associated with fatality (among those with coronavirus); the heart disease, diabetes, asthma, obesity," says Dr Kowalik.

The number 1 reason why black people in the US are affected by covid-19 is ignorance, many of them believe that corona virus do not kill black people.

according to the bbc;

Rumours that people with dark skin may be immune to Covid-19 have been circulating on social media since late January.

The speculation was apparently initially fueled by the absence of coronavirus cases reported in Africa and the successful recovery in China of a Cameroonian student infected with the virus.

Several posts circulated on Facebook in mid-February wrongly claimed that the 21-year-old had been cured of the disease "because of his black skin".

The immunity myth has also been widely circulated online in the African American community, where it has featured in memes and viral jokes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52245690

Black people love to to cry racism, discrimination and poverty for every thing, thanks to Al Sharpton (ex FBI informer)Jesse Jackson and members of NAACP, who are agents of the (democratic party) that keep preaching about racism and discrimination from their luxury houses in Beverley hills

According to statistics, there are about 40 million African Americans in the US, 3% of in them are in the upper class compares to 7% white, 12% of African american are in the upper middle class compare to 21% white, about 40% of African-Americans are in the middle class compare to 42% white, 25% are working class compare to 19% of white, 21% are in poverty compare to 11% white.

from the data above, African-Americans are doing well. the 21% poorest of the African-american communities live in democratic controlled state. They are the ones dying from corona virus not the upper and middle class blacks.

We can go on and on, institutional racism inst the cause of high rate of death among blacks but ignorance,

We all like to shout institutional racism, if institutional racism was a very big deal, then there wont be blacks in the upper and middle class, these white liberals and their news agents deciding for black people what is good for them and what is not good for are the real enemy of black people, they love to shout institutional racism, poverty and discrimination but can these whites liberals allow those poor blacks to live in their neighborhood or give their jobs to black, NO.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 12:25am On Apr 16, 2020
This is the first time am quoting you here. I just want to say God will bless you abundantly as you help the needy. We're your scource is coming from will never run dry. But rather it will multiply in 100 folds. GOD bless. You madam radauto.
radautoworks:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 1:19am On Apr 16, 2020
se.xyla.ssie:

yours pictures from google arent facts, you cant just type in what you feel like typing on google then go to image and then use it as facts.

- NO.
Kini gbogbo eleyi bayi undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:39am On Apr 16, 2020
sexylassie:

- and their news agents deciding for black people what is good for them and what is not good for are the real enemy of black people, they love to shout institutional racism, poverty and discrimination but can these whites liberals allow those poor blacks to live in their neighborhood or give their jobs to black, NO.
They're not facts. They're Photoshop abi?
You too can go put in what you're looking for in Google (which I did) and guess what? NO RESULTS GASP!

As I expected you did exactly what I thought. I said blacks are dying more. You said it's because of ignorance and they don't listen. I asked you to prove it. Instead of doing so, you used half a page to prove the same thing I said earlier, didn't read what I posted and in your usual fashion generally had diarrhea of ignorance and stubbornness.

Someone even tried to help you and could only come up with two black instances to the numerous white instances. Please go sit down and use your quarantine time to gain some sense.

Abeg no answer me because reading your responses usually makes my IQ drop a few points and I don't have many more points to spare.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 1:54am On Apr 16, 2020
sexylassie:

- In Chicago, for example, black Americans account for 68 percent of the city’s 118 deaths and 52 percent of the roughly 5,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, despite making up just 30 percent of the city’s population, according to data from the Chicago Department of Public Health.

-Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said Monday that, of the 512 coronavirus deaths so far, more than 70 percent were African American patients, who make up just 32 percent of the state’s population.

-In New York City, it was revealed this week 34 per cent of deaths from the novel virus were Hispanic residents while 28 per cent were black. This comes as the New York City population is made up of 29 per cent Hispanic and 22 per cent black residents.

-Disparities in death toll in minority communities are also found in areas like Milwaukee County, Washington DC, and North Carolina.

- in Wisconsin’s Milwaukee County, African Americans make up 25 percent of the population, but 75 percent of the confirmed deaths.

How come whites arent experiencing the same death toll as blacks?

The surgeon general of the United states Jerome Adams(a black man) advised black people to stay home

People of color experience [are] both more likely [to have] exposure to Covid-19 and increased complications from it,” Adams said. “But let me be crystal clear: We do not think people of color are biologically or genetically predisposed to get Covid-19. There is nothing inherently wrong with you. But they are socially predisposed to coronavirus ... exposure and to have a higher incidence of the very diseases that put you at risk for severe complications of coronavirus.”

according to another doctor, Dr Kowalik:

She lays bare what she thinks is the major reason why African Americans are at a disadvantage when it comes to Covid-19.

"African-Americans have more of the underlying health conditions associated with fatality (among those with coronavirus); the heart disease, diabetes, asthma, obesity," says Dr Kowalik.

The number 1 reason why black people in the US are affected by covid-19 is ignorance, many of them believe that corona virus do not kill black people.

according to the bbc;

Rumours that people with dark skin may be immune to Covid-19 have been circulating on social media since late January.

The speculation was apparently initially fueled by the absence of coronavirus cases reported in Africa and the successful recovery in China of a Cameroonian student infected with the virus.

Several posts circulated on Facebook in mid-February wrongly claimed that the 21-year-old had been cured of the disease "because of his black skin".

The immunity myth has also been widely circulated online in the African American community, where it has featured in memes and viral jokes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52245690

Black people love to to cry racism, discrimination and poverty for every thing, thanks to Al Sharpton (ex FBI informer)Jesse Jackson and members of NAACP, who are agents of the (democratic party) that keep preaching about racism and discrimination from their luxury houses in Beverley hills

According to statistics, there are about 40 million African Americans in the US, 3% of in them are in the upper class compares to 7% white, 12% of African american are in the upper middle class compare to 21% white, about 40% of African-Americans are in the middle class compare to 42% white, 25% are working class compare to 19% of white, 21% are in poverty compare to 11% white.

from the data above, African-Americans are doing well. the 21% poorest of the African-american communities live in democratic controlled state. They are the ones dying from corona virus not the upper and middle class blacks.

We can go on and on, institutional racism inst the cause of high rate of death among blacks but ignorance,

We all like to shout institutional racism, if institutional racism was a very big deal, then there wont be blacks in the upper and middle class, these white liberals and their news agents deciding for black people what is good for them and what is not good for are the real enemy of black people, they love to shout institutional racism, poverty and discrimination but can these whites liberals allow those poor blacks to live in their neighborhood or give their jobs to black, NO.

You might wanna check this maybe it will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYRI48bXRw

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:28am On Apr 16, 2020
jaymejate:

You might wanna check this maybe it will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYRI48bXRw

You da man! Was looking for that specific one and couldn't find it.

The funny thing is that first guy made an apology video begging people to stay indoors and a bunch of those spring breakers got it ROFL

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/covid-19-dozens-of-austin-student-spring-breakers-who-flouted-public-health-advice-test-positive-for-coronavirus/amp

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-florida-spring-break-test-positive-covid-19-college-students-not-social-distancing-university-of-tampa/
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:46am On Apr 16, 2020
When sexylassie is involved in any debate, it never ends soon.

Expect a lengthy thread today.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:47am On Apr 16, 2020
peeps4u:
When sexylassie is involved in any debate, it never ends soon.

Expect a lengthy thread today.

Not if I don't answer wink

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 16, 2020
lmao,funny thread . Some people just think they are experts in everything just because . How can you say your IQ drops when you read something a fellow human took time to type just to contribute to the discourse. Alot of you are privileged and have a lot of education but you lack common sense and how to talk . An intelligent conversation is when you respect other people's opinion or argument ,even though you might not agree. Selah

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) ... (5800) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Donphilex(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.