Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4767431 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 8:57am On Apr 23, 2020
Thanks bros am going for a tokunbo truck
Nero2424:

Do it yourself you will be successful, however make sure your learn the trade before jumping in. Interact more often with drivers that own and drive their own truck, That way you will get a refined understand of the pros and cons.

Lastly make sure u buy a healthy truck and not those truck built in the late 70ties. Make sure your break systems are very effective because na for only Nigerian I dey hear say trailer fail break kill okada driver.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2020
Thanks according to what I found out from my inlaw u need to be fully involve in the business or else you will fail. So if u have the courage of doing a motor boy on your truck for 6month or 1year u will susceed. That is what he did. And that's what am going to do.
Lush100:
Sir,
I like you.
You are talking from experience
And that risk part, u are very right.
Anyone who fears failure cannot succeed as far as business is concerned,
Learn to fail early, understand quickly and do what you want to do.
There are no shortcut.
Of course u have to pray and Trust God for favor so nothing unexpected happens like this coronavirus that has taken lots of people livelyhood away.
This month i still get paid from my PMS business. I mean paid in full in this coronavirus era.
I wanted to go into distributorship business or haulage to two years ago, I got discouraged from haulage( or the information I had was not encouraging) then I went into PMS business
I couldn't get the right product for distributorship so I challked it off.
Though I got the right information on the part that driver's can ruin your business and other info(even the person I was making enquires from who is a driver into distributorship is not honest.person when dealing with money) but I was going into it to do full time managing and modify my business operations.
On to another business, It's either of haulage, transport or farming (or an outside chance of exporting naija made clothes and fabrics)that I am heading towards.
Of course with a modification to suit the percularity of naija environment in the case of transportation.
No rush but u have to look at time too so that changes in business environment don't alter your projections or profit.
If I have spare time, I can link up with you just to know more about the haulage.
I ain't afraid at all but I am cautious and ruthless when taking decisions.
See if I have to sleep in "face me I slap u house "
or to learn how to drive a haulage truck just to get over the line I don't mind one bit,
There's no big man mentality , it's about achieving a goal.

Good luck sir

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:07am On Apr 23, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

With the contemporary e hailing business model in Nigeria. You are partially right.However I feel many of us are doing it the wrong way.

There are also car rental companies abroad that people use for e hailing and it works but here the reverse seems to be the case.

Cos in Europe n developed climes, there are no

Unpredictable elements in the mix :

BAD ROADS, POOR ROAD network, dishonest Vios, Local govt touts, shady fuel operatives, Dishonest MECHANICS, Police.

There is a certainty of the average earnings per week out there in Europe n Co.

In Lagos, it is highly unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Ofime123

My advice is just LEARN THE ROPES. I like the fact that you are not discouraged, but also remember that there are moments of failures, there are moments when you'll get burnt

Don't be carried away by the profits just yet. IF IT WAS THAT EASY, EVERYBODY WILL BE DOING IT

Truck business no easy, even if na one truck. Remember that the port is congested. It may take days to get to Tincan, and even come out. Remember the recession coming soon too. Importation may be slow from henceforth

Just watch brother. And I hope you start a thread about it, so everyone can learn.

And when the money start coming in, no forget to spray us cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 9:12am On Apr 23, 2020
You have spoken well
BAZ001:

Please go ahead bro.
I tried not to comment but I love your spirit.
If the business is not good we won't be seeing thousands of trucks coming to Lagos every day.
Ehailing is no more lucrative yet I still see people buying cars to give out on hp and drivers asking for cars to drive. Lagos don full with Coro boys yet some drivers still boast of 25k net everyday.

I don't believe because 10 people failed in a business means everyone will fail in it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2020
BAZ001:

Boss the lockdown will continue till May ending its obvious. My prayer is that it won't pass May.

Even Trump is struggling to open U.S by May 1, and New York Governor says it's a big dream.

Look at the result of Lagos and Kano after testing 8000 people in Nigeria. If they can do 20,000 test and the numbers doesn't increase then we can start.

It is well boss, I can relate... I just don't know what to think again, like waking up to all these being a dream. What a vision2020

Finally, let me continue with my Jimmy Cliff - Many rivers to cross sad

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 9:14am On Apr 23, 2020
Lets hope the corona will subside to allow you to do it, u may have to wait till this"PLAGUE"is over cos right now it's more of survival.

ofime123:
Thanks according to what I found out from my inlaw u need to be fully involve in the business or else you will fail. So if u have the courage of doing a motor boy on your truck for 6month or 1year u will susceed. That is what he did. And that's what am going to do.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:17am On Apr 23, 2020
undecided
BAZ001:

Watch and see Bubu will pre-record a video from Aso Rock and announce another 2weeks lockdown nation wide now, no more Lagos and Ogun and FCT.
Just wait by next week you will see

If anyone is expecting government to announce that everything is fine and y'all can get back to work,u are on a long thing.

Govt knows a total lockdown can't and won't work here, that's why there is partial relaxation unofficially. You need to see the growing numbers of people gradually trooping out.Even people are traveling interstate as we speak.

Our government has been irresponsible forever,not wanting to take responsibility for anything. They can't say u can go out cause everyone is really uncertain about the level of danger out there,they also can't say don't go out because they don't want to be responsible for your basic sustenance.

Govt is really neither here nor there on this coro matter,they can't even effectively secure your lives and properties this period.We are really in a mess in this country.

Me I have been going out and I see how unserious we are as a people.lets be wise and let's stay safe, it's soon gonna be all man for themselves.

Government undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:27am On Apr 23, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Bros the person that told you 800k don't know what he is saying, even trucks that take the stuffs to the north don't charge that much.

Bro,do u even Know how much it will cost you to even return a container to the port or even just going into the port to load?

Bros, the inflation in haulage prices is cost pull-the racketeering is the reason for this and the demand is still high.just go anywhere near apapa and see the number of trucks going in and coming out even as u sit at home locked down.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2020
Thanks izzou am still learning. And I will surely create a thread for it when I start.
izzou:
Ofime123

My advice is just LEARN THE ROPES. I like the fact that you are not discouraged, but also remember that there are moments of failures, there are moments when you'll get burnt

Don't be carried away by the profits just yet. IF IT WAS THAT EASY, EVERYBODY WILL BE DOING IT

Truck business no easy, even if na one truck. Remember that the port is congested. It may take days to get to Tincan, and even come out. Remember the recession coming soon too. Importation may be slow from henceforth

Just watch brother. And I hope you start a thread about it, so everyone can learn.

And when the money start coming in, no forget to spray us cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:30am On Apr 23, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Bro,do u even Know how much it will cost you to even return a container to the port or even just going into the port to load?

Bros, the inflation in haulage prices is cost pull-the racketeering is the reason for this and the demand is still high.just go anywhere near apapa and see the number of trucks going in and coming out even as u sit at home locked down.

To be sincere bros, it does not cost as much as 800k to move a container within Lagos

Maybe there was a reason why that person spent so much. The contents maybe was contraband, or......many reasons sha

But generally, it's not up to that

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2020
ofime123:
Thanks i am still learning. And I will surely create a thread for it when I start.

I wish you well bro

Incase you are going for a 40ft truck, and you need to build the body, just tell me. I'll help you find the cost of the parts in a popular market on Lagos.

Parts like, Bundle spring, Turn table, Equalizer and the seating, spring cap(the seating and rubber), Brave vacuum, Brake adjuster, and all the wahala

Just ask me, I'll tell you. So mechanics and others no go use you chop

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:37am On Apr 23, 2020
izzou:

To be sincere bros, it does not cost as much as 800k to move a container within Lagos

Maybe there was a reason why that person spent so much. The contents maybe was contraband, or......many reasons sha

But generally, it's not up to that

Please don't get me wrong,I agree ordinarily it shouldn't be up to that. But the massive racketeering going on there is crazy and it's driving prices up. Trucks even spend so much to get into the port after several days in queue.That cost has to be bourne by whom?

P S** I am not insinuating that this should be a basis for making an investment decision in haulage business. Abeg o lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:41am On Apr 23, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Please don't get me wrong,I agree ordinarily it shouldn't be up to that. But the massive racketeering going on there is crazy and it's driving prices up. Trucks even spend so much to get into the port after several days in queue.That cost has to be bourne by whom?

P S** I am not insinuating that this should be a basis for making an investment decision in haulage business. Abeg o lipsrsealed

True. Very true
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ishilove: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

It cost that much December last year but that was because of port congestion. Now it's roughly about 450/550k to move within Lagos. Don't let anyone give you Zobo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:28am On Apr 23, 2020
ofime123:
There is no amount of discouragement that can stop someone that already made up his mind. If you watch I really don't talk much here. Am more secretive when it comes to doing something.
Have been into transport business long ago while I was in delsu. I have a shuttle bus I drove it my self. Even after graduation I bought a a t4 bus short chassis tokunbo for about 600k then and I drove it my self and made a lot of money with it. I had to sell it of cause I got a building contract in epkoma. When I came back from ekpoma that was when I started ehailing.

Now I didn't say there is no money in ehailing but I need to grow. But how will u grow if you stay in one place. For someone to be a suscessful businessman you need to take risk. And have taken a lot of Risk so I have nothing to fear or worry about.

Exactly my point, dont be discourage my man, what worked for A may and may not work for B.
Gibe your luck a try I'm solidly behind you with my good wishes.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 10:37am On Apr 23, 2020
Okay bro have screencrab your reply so I can remember
izzou:

I wish you well bro

Incase you are going for a 40ft truck, and you need to build the body, just tell me. I'll help you find the cost of the parts in a popular market on Lagos.

Parts like, Bundle spring, Turn table, Equalizer and the seating, spring cap(the seating and rubber), Brave vacuum, Brake adjuster, and all the wahala

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:50am On Apr 23, 2020
Kudos to you guys.
I want to believe what im reading is true about the vaccine.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2020
ofime123:
I just tire for this my oga dru so because drivers are fettish. Someone will not do business again.

Bros not everyone is afraid of fettish people. Because I have dealt with so many fettish people before. Bros for me to be were I am today. If I was afraid of fettish people I wouldn't have achieve what I have today.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Iskeelm(m): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2020
Hello08139024382
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2020
radautoworks:
I must start trouble. Trump followers, looks like he's taught Republicans what he does besT.. grin grin

https://politi.co/2xQh0Uq

Also, Will Smith asked Fauci why black are dying disproportionately and... No mention of not listening or ignorance hmm... I even used Trump's beloved network lol

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/will-smith-anthony-fauci-coronavirus-african-americans

By the time trump is done , America will be bankrupt just like his many companies.... T

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2020
izzou:

I wish you well bro

izzuo izzou the busines man I like the way you just take advantage to advertise and propagate your business.

Abeg oga mi, sha me too can ask you? I need just N1million to invest in casava farm against next year because I see history of about 6yrs ago repeating itself when an acre of cassava farm was sold for almost 300k as against the normal 100k.

Any body willing to invest will decide his ROI after 14months guaranteed.

My oga help your boy ooh.
Even if na agro loan I need info on when to get it asap.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2020
Iskeelm:
Hello everyone..am a taxify driver.please I need a car for rental ASAP ...my name is adewale, I reside in ojodu berger alagbole axis... I have over 2years experience with no issues.... remittance is guaranteed...am ready to resume immediately. 08139024382
Ha! You're available to resume immediately? Ok let me talk with my oga madam lets see if you can have my car for the time being since it has been lying there for over a month now without remittance.

But can you do 30k/week? because N5k there belong to me while my oga madam collexts his normal 25. But all maintenance and repairs will be in you.

Hit me up if you agree grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2020
Felicity0001:

izzuo izzou the busines man I like the way you just take advantage to advertise and propagate your business.

Abeg oga mi, sha me too can ask you? I need just N1million to invest in casava farm against next year because I see history of about 6yrs ago repeating itself when an acre of cassava farm was sold for almost 300k as against the normal 100k.

I am not selling anything oh.

I have a relative that deals in trailer body parts. It's just my way of assisting him on this journey

Nowhere did I mention I sell anything
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 11:44am On Apr 23, 2020
Iskeelm:
Hello everyone..am a taxify driver.please I need a car for rental ASAP ...my name is adewale, I reside in ojodu berger alagbole axis... I have over 2years experience with no issues.... remittance is guaranteed...am ready to resume immediately. 08139024382

During this coro or after?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Felicity0001:

I thought you said, you have arches of lands some where, where you said you were planting something.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 1:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
sexylassie2:

I belive most rental companies in Lagos might be dead by now, many might have converted their fleets to ehailing then maybe also do hire purchase with their old cars to desperate drivers.

Why should It be dead by now

We ain't oblivious of the present crisis and it's understandable for people not to expect payment during this lockdown.... it's very simple, every business is on hold until after the lockdown so I don't understand "might be dead by now"

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hi, I'm sorry everyone, this one is off point but a quick one.

I will like to know if by any chance, Uber/bolt check the phone you use before registering you as a driver?

Please don't mind the question, just a quick one.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
jaymejate:
Hi, I'm sorry everyone, this one is off point but a quick one.

I will like to know if by any chance, Uber/bolt check the phone you use before registering you as a driver?

Please don't mind the question, just a quick one.

No, they don't
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Excel70: 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
dru23:

Why are you so afraid of fetish people?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Dovehorizon:

Why should It be dead by now

We ain't oblivious of the present crisis and it's understandable for people not to expect payment during this lockdown.... it's very simple, every business is on hold until after the lockdown so I don't understand "might be dead by now"

Even before the lockdown, since the popularity of uber and taxify, rental companies have been on decline.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
izzou:

No, they don't

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Gentlelife50(m), ollybode(m), mattfeuter(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.