Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4743164 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2695) (2696) (2697) (2698) (2699) (2700) (2701) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 8:46am On May 18, 2020
kodred:

If an infected person speaks, droplets escapes from the person’s mouth and can remain in the air for more than 4 hours according to them.

So yea it can get in through the eyes, not just by touching your eyes with an infected hand.

That's why they compelled everyone to wear mask. If the infected person is putting on a mask, this will prevent the droplets from escaping. That's why you need to insist on your riders to always have the mask on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:33am On May 18, 2020
lexylexy:

That's why they compelled everyone to wear mask. If the infected person is putting on a mask, this will prevent the droplets from escaping. That's why you need to insist on your riders to always have the mask on.

I totally agree with you. The ‘mask on’ directive definitely will help keep the droplets in place. If riders and drivers are on masks, is it safe then to turn on the AC?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:37am On May 18, 2020
pope191:

Pardon my ignorance cos I always here come in contact with and now you've said it can enter thro eyes and ears... Is the virus airborne? Or it takes the droplet from one person to another for transmission to take place?

Bros this corona virus has confused all the scientists and researchers in the world. The virus keeps dribbling them.

They have not seen anything like it before.
Thats why Trump was angry with WHO, dt no more funding because WHO seams not to be on top of their game. With lockdown for months people still getting infected, dying and number increasing, How?

Let me give u one recent findings in U.K.
They found out d wearing of mask for too long will affect your immune system, that your body won't be able to fight germs and bacteria in ur body effectively if you don't get fresh air (oxygen) for a long time. so there is a tendency u will fall sick (not corona) if you wear mask for too long.
So they came up to say only wear mask in public places and enclosed places but if u are two meters apart from people remove ur mask to get air.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-uk-government-advises-people-to-wear-face-masks-2020-5%3Famp

So people that their jobs requires them to wear mask for 6hrs straight for weeks will start falling sick.
And Nigeria na only follow follow we dey do, if you remove your mask while seating alone in your car windows down you can be arrested.

Next week another country will come up with another theory.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:49am On May 18, 2020
lexylexy:

Oga, covid 19 is very real here in Nigeria. I carried a Rider who told me she's lost 4 of her relatives to the virus. 3 outside the country and 1 here. She said it's not a funny experience.

It is not malaria symptoms o. Difficulty in breathing is not a symptom of malaria. The virus is real abeg. Let's take every precaution to avoid it.

Pls loud it , many Nigerians still believe it's audio
Since I saw it kill a guy less than 40yrs I sat my ass at home. Though d guy and wife were trying to do self medication at home before e pass theirs power.

But the confusing part is d wife dt was coughing after husband died went for test and tested negative. How ?
I stopped following updates because d thing be like say d coro get target and specific people for mind. E Just enter Aso rock pick one person and waka go another place. 1 person in family of 5 can test positive and other 4 negative
Unless na test kit they give wrong results.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dangrace01: 10:08am On May 18, 2020
I get one sharp Nigerian used Corolla 06 sharp for Uber

https://www.nairaland.com/5852309/06-toyota-corolla-uber-business
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 11:31am On May 18, 2020
kodred:

I totally agree with you. The ‘mask on’ directive definitely will help keep the droplets in place. If riders and drivers are on masks, is it safe then to turn on the AC?

That I don't know o. Most riders insist on ac. Most times you don't have much of a choice. Just do your own part, wear your mask and make sure rider has mask on throughout the trip.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 11:42am On May 18, 2020
So I decided to resume work today... Since 8. Got a ride on bolt from my house to alausa 1600. Taxify commot everything as I dey owe them 4000. Since then I've done 2 short Uber trips and 1 short offline trip... I've not grossed 5k

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 11:48am On May 18, 2020
It is well
mistadayo:
So I decided to resume work today... Since 8. Got a ride on bolt from my house to alausa 1600. Taxify commot everything as I dey owe them 4000. Since then I've done 2 short Uber trips and 1 short offline trip... I've not grossed 5k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Impactfultemmy(m): 11:55am On May 18, 2020
A certified Uber/Taxify driver living around Dopemu-Agege-Iyanaipaja is needed.
WhatsApp 07065029380
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 1:14pm On May 18, 2020
What a good way to start the week, I was reluctant to work today sef. Turned my app on at around 8am. Then I got this request. On God

I was owing bolt N4275 before this trip, now we don counter balance grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 1:16pm On May 18, 2020
Most riders asking for AC know that there is a guideline against it. They just test you
I've realised that they don't mind to continue with the journey so far you don't buldge. I've only had to turn down 1 trip cos of AC.
lexylexy:

That I don't know o. Most riders insist on ac. Most times you don't have much of a choice. Just do your own part, wear your mask and make sure rider has mask on throughout the trip.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 18, 2020
kodred:

It's better to air on the side of caution by winding down the windows EVERYTIME you have a rider in your car. That's the safest route to follow.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:27pm On May 18, 2020
Guys I just received this mail from Bolt. The language is totally strange. Who can help translate?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knytred: 2:44pm On May 18, 2020
If Uber and bolt won’t give us promos or return their 3% commissions, then they should increase the fares they charge riders , transportation cost generally gas increased, i can’t be risking my life for short trips of 400 only for the rider to be telling me to on AC, the reason short trips made sense back then was because of the 3% commission
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 2:53pm On May 18, 2020
knytred:
If Uber and bolt won’t give us promos or return their 3% commissions, then they should increase the fares they charge riders , transportation cost generally gas increased, i can’t be risking my life for short trips of 400 only for the rider to be telling me to on AC, the reason short trips made sense back then was because of the 3% commission

Exactly, Uber 3% made sense, but since no promo again nah strictly bolt now, bolt is bae. cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 2:54pm On May 18, 2020
Done for the day, heading home. Traffic is already building up. Mainland heading to island via oworonshoki nah no go area, traffic nah stand still

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:07pm On May 18, 2020
davit:
Guys I just received this mail from Bolt. The language is totally strange. Who can help translate?

Copy/paste into Google translate. I think it's Turkish.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 3:58pm On May 18, 2020
toomush:
Done for the day, heading home. Traffic is already building up. Mainland heading to island via oworonshoki nah no go area, traffic nah stand still
The traffic no be here oooo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:16pm On May 18, 2020
davit:
They said your document(s) is/are expiring soon or has/have expired smiley
I don't know where I'm getting this sense from nowadays grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 4:21pm On May 18, 2020
deedee44:

They said your document(s) is/are expiring soon or has/have expired smiley
I don't know where I'm getting this sense from nowadays grin

Too much sense would not kii you o... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:43pm On May 18, 2020
What a Monday grin

Only #700 trip since morning. Who did I offend? cry

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:47pm On May 18, 2020
Copied from a WhatsApp group , don’t know how true it is

Good morning house, urgent info, if you're coming from lekki phase 1 to second roundabout there's no turning to the left into mobolaji Johnson estate, and if you are coming from freedom way there's no turning to pinnacle filling station road you can only go to phase 1 if you want to make a U-turn Lagos state task force are hiding by the pinnacle fuel station side because cars are climbing through one convert that some boys sandfill please don't make any mistakes the boys will wave at you to turn don't turn I repeat don't turn ���‍♂️��‍♂️

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 18, 2020
Babadee1900:
What a Monday grin

Only #700 trip since morning. Who did I offend? cry

Are u sure u are not restricted to card only...sometimes that might be the case....on bolt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:18pm On May 18, 2020
Vision2045:

Are u sure u are not restricted to card only...sometimes that might be the case....on bolt
I found out I was restricted to card trip few minutes past 2pm. And my negative balance was just -2080, the 700 was a card trip I did pretty much later that further reduce it to -1380. I’ve been unblocked now, tomorrow I hit the road. cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 5:37pm On May 18, 2020
Babadee1900:
I found out I was restricted to card trip few minutes past 2pm. And my negative balance was just -2080, the 700 was a card trip I did pretty much later that further reduce it to -1380. I’ve been unblocked now, tomorrow I hit the road. cool

Did you pay before you were unblocked?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:49pm On May 18, 2020
davit:
Go to settings on your app n change language back to English.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:53pm On May 18, 2020
BAZ001:

Bros this corona virus has confused all the scientists and researchers in the world. The virus keeps dribbling them.

They have not seen anything like it before.
Thats why Trump was angry with WHO, dt no more funding because WHO seams not to be on top of their game. With lockdown for months people still getting infected, dying and number increasing, How?

Let me give u one recent findings in U.K.
They found out d wearing of mask for too long will affect your immune system, that your body won't be able to fight germs and bacteria in ur body effectively if you don't get fresh air (oxygen) for a long time. so there is a tendency u will fall sick (not corona) if you wear mask for too long.
So they came up to say only wear mask in public places and enclosed places but if u are two meters apart from people remove ur mask to get air.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-uk-government-advises-people-to-wear-face-masks-2020-5%3Famp

So people that their jobs requires them to wear mask for 6hrs straight for weeks will start falling sick.
And Nigeria na only follow follow we dey do, if you remove your mask while seating alone in your car windows down you can be arrested.

Next week another country will come up with another theory.

I get u boss, but if u look at the situation out here, u will see people r ready for the worst... Even Buhari don off em phone.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:54pm On May 18, 2020
InfinityEstates:

Did you pay before you were unblocked?
Yesterday I was owing 5080, I sent 3000 to their account.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:03pm On May 18, 2020
Seun360:

I even heard that you tend to get more trips on bolt than Uber nowadays.

From tym immemorial on the mainland. Bolt is the king.

So I cudnt go for inspection through out last week, was managing O-car.

The Ocar app fit dey on for 2hrs. No pim.
On Sat , I on app for inside house @ 7am. Lyk I won't step out till I get a request.
For 5 good hours, the ocar app was on.

Infact I even forgot, it was wen someone called me around 11.30am. I was lyk wow, no pim pim. embarassed

Fast forward today, I go vex do bolt inspection. 5 mins Neva reach wey I open app. Request don enter.

I dey house na dey chill. Just one trip, very soft work grin.

We all know wtout 3%, it's a "Long walk to Freedom"

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 6:07pm On May 18, 2020
Babadee1900:
Yesterday I was owing 5080, I sent 3000 to their account.

Did they send the receipt before you paid? My 'Igbese' don enter like 5K now, and they've not sent any receipt. I need to know the way forward.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:17pm On May 18, 2020
InfinityEstates:

Did they send the receipt before you paid? My 'Igbese' don enter like 5K now, and they've not sent any receipt. I need to know the way forward.
Don't wait till they send you receipt before you make payment. Yes they sent me multiple receipts, from when it was 3k+ and when I crossed the 5k mark. Just put your Account Code in the narration box when making the transfer.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 6:29pm On May 18, 2020
lexylexy:

Oga, covid 19 is very real here in Nigeria. I carried a Rider who told me she's lost 4 of her relatives to the virus. 3 outside the country and 1 here. She said it's not a funny experience.

It is not malaria symptoms o. Difficulty in breathing is not a symptom of malaria. The virus is real abeg. Let's take every precaution to avoid it.

The virus is not in Nigeria. If u know u know. Shikeenah!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2695) (2696) (2697) (2698) (2699) (2700) (2701) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: mejai(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.