Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,224 members, 7,957,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5104901 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2705) (2706) (2707) (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) ... (5800) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:13am On May 26, 2020
izzou:

Any idea of what this system would look like?

Would it not be much better if Bolt puts in a bottle of alcohol-based sanitizer, a pack of single-user tri-ply facemasks and a can of aerosol disinfectant in every Bolt car every week?

How about Bolt investing in educating both riders and driver's about safe facemask practices? For example, I can bet my balls that 90% of everyone on this thread don't know how to safely remove their facemasks!

Most don't even know hanging your facemask under your chin is a no-no!

Our Nigerian system window-dresses; and solves no problem. I'm sure this protective shield of a thing is just another Naija contractor cashing out.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:14am On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
I hate waiting undecided cry

Bro. Is that your first trip? n is it worth it coming out today?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 10:21am On May 26, 2020
nitigriti:

Would it not be much better if Bolt puts in a bottle of alcohol-based sanitizer, a pack of single-user tri-ply facemasks and a can of aerosol disinfectant in every Bolt car every week?

How about Bolt investing in educating both riders and driver's about safe facemask practices? For example, I can bet my balls that 90% of everyone on this thread don't know how to safely remove their facemasks!

Our Nigerian system window-dresses; and solves no problem. I'm sure this protective shield of a thing is just another Naija contractor cashing out.

Till now, I doubt if Bolt sent any mails to riders concerning Covid-19 protection tips like riding with the air-conditioning turned off. Bolt is just like the typical Nigerian company to say the least. They care only about their profits and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2020
nitigriti:

In your place of work, do your management give you people hand sanitizers and nose masks every week?
Do you know how many cars are on the platform?
Do you know what it will cost Bolt to fund and prepare for that?

Bolt is simply trying to see how they can protect their partners in this pandemic. These are the people they have a contract with. The rider is a customer. He has no allegiance with Bolt in whatsoever way

Your second point is what I think Bolt can adopt for Riders. But say make dem buy buy everything because they wan protect rider?

Na village Uche go end up before December grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2020
northbird:

Bro. Is that your first trip? n is it worth it coming out today?
Its my first. Well request has been dull today, if you wish to come out don’t get your expectations high.

After waiting for that girl for 20minutes she called me to tell me that if I can’t wait anymore I should cancel because she’s waiting for alert and she can’t leave until she gets it. I told her okay, waited for another 10mins before I cancelled.

One hour later no request and it was a dead zone (back of sangotedo market), I kept thinking of the fuel I will waste driving back to civilization, I left there to park at Ogidan shopping complex. Still no request, the girl later called me to come pick her if I am still around.

I had no choice than to drive back to pick her on offline trip to Itedo Estate (off freedom way).
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
Its my first. Well request has been dull today, if you wish to come out don’t get your expectations high.

After waiting for that girl for 20minutes she called me to tell me that if I can’t wait anymore I should cancel because she’s waiting for alert and she can’t leave until she gets it. I told her okay, waited for another 10mins before I cancelled.

One hour later no request and it was a dead zone (back of sangotedo market), I kept thinking of the fuel I will waste driving back to civilization, I left there to park at Ogidan shopping complex. Still no request, the girl later called me to come pick her if I am still around.

I had no choice than to drive back to pick on offline trip

Chai

We all understand.

Kpele grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2020
izzou:

In your place of work, do your management give you people hand sanitizers and nose masks every week?
Do you know how many cars are on the platform?
Do you know what it will cost Bolt to fund and prepare for that?

Bolt is simply trying to see how they can protect their partners in this pandemic. These are the people they have a contract with. The rider is a customer. He has no allegiance with Bolt in whatsoever way

Your second point is what I think Bolt can adopt for Riders. But say make dem buy buy everything because they wan protect rider?

Lol! You are trying to crucify the messenger while disregarding the message.

So, in my place of work, we went old-fashioned. First, we don't use facemask at work, but there is strict social distancing. Also, common surfaces — countertops, shelves, etc — are wiped down every now and then during the workday. Then it is also mandatory that every staff washes his or her hands every 2 hours with soap and Dettol. Sanitizing hands with alcohol-based sanitizer is very frequently, without count sef.

Then, I, as the leader, takes time out to keep educating my staff. It's not uncommon for me to go round and ask everyone when last he or she washed hands. I remind people regularly not to touch their faces.

I can go on and on ... there's no point getting into this argument for likes.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:02am On May 26, 2020
nitigriti:

Lol! You are trying to crucify the messenger while disregarding the message.

So, in my place of work, we went old-fashioned. First, we don't use facemask at work, but there is strict social distancing. Also, common surfaces — countertops, shelves, etc — are wiped down every now and then during the workday. Then it is also mandatory that every staff washes his or her hands every 2 hours with soap and Dettol. Sanitizing hands with alcohol-based sanitizer is very frequently, without count sef.

Then, I, as the leader, takes time out to keep educating my staff. It's not uncommon for me to go round and ask everyone when last he or she washed hands. I remind people regularly not to touch their faces.

I can go on and on ... there's no point getting into this argument for likes.

I am not crucifying you Oga

How many cars are on Bolt?
How many sanitizers, aerosol cans and packs of 3 ply face masks will Bolt distribute weekly?
So if the pandemic continues till December, Bolt should be buying it week in week out?

Be realistic, that's what I'm saying. And that's what Bolt just did

Even Banks just put a bottle of sanitizer at the entrance and make sure the customer wears his own facemask. Then they ensure that there is social distancing in the banking hall, and not outside (even though it's still their property.

You're a finance guy, so just tell me how it's feasible to fund these items on every Bolt car, every week

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oyepaulkay(m): 11:21am On May 26, 2020
lol, so the value of a car in one week is 3k

mrjaydee:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:36am On May 26, 2020
izzou:

?

[/color]
Lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:42am On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:

I had no choice than to drive back to pick her on offline trip to Itedo Estate (off freedom way).
Haha... One of the things we do to survive these period even if it requires moving a rider's property and offloading it and even arranging it in their new house most drivers will gladly do that to at least provide food on their table for themselves and their family.

The annoying thing is most rider know this and take great advantage of it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:55am On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:

Thanks Baba . that endless waiting always frays ma nerves.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:56am On May 26, 2020
izzou:

Chai

We all understand.

Kpele grin
Thanks my Oga cool

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:56am On May 26, 2020
northbird:

Thanks Baba . that endless waiting always frays ma nerves.
No lie. I’m currently at Dolphin Estate now, every tree I see that looks like a good spot to park and rest has one Corolla driver or more parked under it with reclined driver seat grin

The waiting time no be here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:05pm On May 26, 2020
Na to restart trip when you come back. But if waiting time is getting longer, I look for another ride.
Never allow riders turn you to mumu with their waiting time or rerouting trips.
olaoye15:

Then, how to you estimate the waiting time? Abi you dont charge for waiting?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2020
Felicity0001:

Haha... One of the things we do to survive these period even if it requires moving a rider's property and offloading it and even arranging it in their new house most drivers will gladly do that to at least provide food on their table for themselves and their family.

The annoying thing is most rider know this and take great advantage of it
You are right bro. One girl on Sunday made me mad, I mean very mad that I had to send her a sms the moment I realized what she did.

I needed a trip desperately, I was around Idowu Dabiri by Sangotedo Blenco, request entered, destination was VI, naso I happy drive sharp sharp reach PU. Called the lady that I’ve arrived. She said she’d be out in a moment. Ok.

Five minutes later she’s yet to come out, I called her, she dropped the call and sent me a sms that she’d be out in a while, I should be patient, I say okay now. Reclined my seat, put AC on the highest and was just thinking about my life grin. I lost track of time by the time I checked fifteen minutes has passed, ahh so fast!

I called madam, she didn’t pick. I thought she was going to send another sms or she’s coming out already. Two minutes later I just hear pam pam! pam pam! Pam pam! Na request enter!

Ahh that woman don cancel and she no tell me, me I still they mumu they wait.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 12:16pm On May 26, 2020
Victornezzar:
Felicity posted something about Ehailing going down the drain... The dude above me want to invest in it cheesy cheesy

Too much Agidi cheesy
i think the downtime is just for this period, nobody is going out on fridays like before, no weddings, funerals on Saturdays, no church , no beach on sundays, nobody is going shopping and all dat..and it won't remain like dat for ever na, abi u poeple r seen other things we can't see? Me am just coming on board shaa grin and thank God its my car

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 12:27pm On May 26, 2020
Even if it's your car, you have expenses to settle. House rent, NEPA, food, other things like cable subscription. These things don't know that there is fermine in the land may God save us and bless us richly.
eyinola:
i think the downtime is just for this period, nobody is going out on fridays like before, no weddings, funerals on Saturdays, no church , no beach on sundays, nobody is going shopping and all dat..and it won't remain like dat for ever na, abi u poeple r seen other things we can't see? Me am just coming on board shaa grin and thank God its my car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 12:28pm On May 26, 2020
How I wish I could play a sure bet that would give me minimum of 500k profit. I will be happy.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Victornezzar: 12:28pm On May 26, 2020
eyinola:
Lol... You can ask the Bosses here... Me I'm just catching up with the thread... Following the conversations.

If you read from some pages backward.... You'll be able to know more about the business

The only thing I know is that... You'll enjoy it during the Festive season.. But on a normal period... It's 50/50

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:34pm On May 26, 2020
I tell you. Riders didn't get that mail about turning AC off. I wonder why they won't inform them.
InfinityEstates:

Till now, I doubt if Bolt sent any mails to riders concerning Covid-19 protection tips like riding with the air-conditioning turned off. Bolt is just like the typical Nigerian company to say the least. They care only about their profits and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:38pm On May 26, 2020
mistadayo:
How I wish I could play a sure bet that would give me minimum of 500k profit. I will be happy.
grin Abeg if you see, share am with me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 1:22pm On May 26, 2020
mistadayo:
Even if it's your car, you have expenses to settle. House rent, NEPA, food, other things like cable subscription. These things don't know that there is fermine in the land may God save us and bless us richly.
Amen , we go survive
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 1:52pm On May 26, 2020
Follow us on https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/4#89979143
To learn more

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:57pm On May 26, 2020
xana101:
OMG what happened to dru. I notice he’s not active on the platform

Yes he is! Just not here.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:51pm On May 26, 2020
mistadayo:
Unfortunately, there's nothing like sure bet so stop crying for the moon and i would advised you to please instead use that money you want to use and play bet, give it to somebody around you this period to find people that are hungry is very easy because they're just all over the place or better still use the money to drink bear. If you dont so any of this I tell you're on your way to another form of depression because depresson is the end product of gambling.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sweetguy10(m): 4:14pm On May 26, 2020
My car audio system stopped working after an interior car wash . Please what could be wrong ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojbanja: 4:42pm On May 26, 2020
This notice sticker will be paste at the back of the protective shield for riders to read.

Lol.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:49pm On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
No lie. I’m currently at Dolphin Estate now, every tree I see that looks like a good spot to park and rest has one Corolla driver or more parked under it with reclined driver seat grin

The waiting time no be here.

You have really crack me up today, I resist the urge to drive today, it wasn't easy after cleaning car, but I keep doing the maths in my head... People r no longer going out, not even visitation, olosho is facing it, once office's r not open, you can get a lucky trip of take me to 35km trip and back, but the constant gbam gbam can never b dia on a day like this. Secondly, there's no money in circulation, govt workers and some few r the only ones enjoying right now most business r learning how to work from home, I'm beginning to think, if drivers won't have to park and wait for riders on zoom, cos it seems that's where they have dia riders lately... Thank God for the America movies, I've always fancy the way they stack money and gun somewhere, all it takes for them is getting to the vaults or bunker if they need to disappear or in distress. That shape me to understood, all money is not mean to b spend, sometimes u just have to save for no reason and get ur mind off such money like it doesnt exist, I think human need to learn this trick, a lucky day does not mean u should blow fast, las las beer and pepper soup no pass 5k, but b very careful of olosho, d return get as e be.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 5:23pm On May 26, 2020
For processing of your new vehicle registration (Lagos number plate), change of ownership, renewal of vehicle particulars such as vehicle licence, hackney permit, third-party and comprehensive insurance, roadworthiness certificate, heavy duty permit, driver's licence processing and renewal, please Call: 08033539981 or

WhatsApp: 08182880902
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2020
pope191:

You have really crack me up today, I resist the urge to drive today, it wasn't easy after cleaning car, but I keep doing the maths in my head... People r no longer going out, not even visitation, olosho is facing it, once office's r not open, you can get a lucky trip of take me to 35km trip and back, but the constant gbam gbam can never b dia on a day like this. Secondly, there's no money in circulation, govt workers and some few r the only ones enjoying right now most business r learning how to work from home, I'm beginning to think, if drivers won't have to park and wait for riders on zoom, cos it seems that's where they have dia riders lately... Thank God for the America movies, I've always fancy the way the stack money and gun somewhere, all it takes for them is getting to the vaults or bunker if they need to disappear or in distress. That sharpened me to understood, all money is not mean to b spend, sometimes u just have to save for no reason and get ur mind off such money like it exist, I think human need to learn this trick, a lucky day does not mean u should blow fast, las las beer and pepper soup no pass 5k, but b very careful of olosho, d return get as e be.
It takes the grace of God to stay afloat at this point in time. I keep imagining how drivers on HP and rental are coping. It’s not easy out there bro.

Anyhow e be sha, we go see our own. So far so good since May 5, I know how much I’ve been able to save towards my house rent.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:43pm On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
You are right bro. One girl on Sunday made me mad, I mean very mad that I had to send her a sms the moment I realized what she did.

I needed a trip desperately, I was around Idowu Dabiri by Sangotedo Blenco, request entered, destination was VI, naso I happy drive sharp sharp reach PU. Called the lady that I’ve arrived. She said she’d be out in a moment. Ok.

Five minutes later she’s yet to come out, I called her, she dropped the call and sent me a sms that she’d be out in a while, I should be patient, I say okay now. Reclined my seat, put AC on the highest and was just thinking about my life grin. I lost track of time by the time I checked fifteen minutes has passed, ahh so fast!

I called madam, she didn’t pick. I thought she was going to send another sms or she’s coming out already. Two minutes later I just hear pam pam! pam pam! Pam pam! Na request enter!

Ahh that woman don cancel and she no tell me, me I still they mumu they wait.

2 things happed to me during this lockdown, funny experience to me as I never tot I can get emotional again doing this driving stuff.

1. On a very good day after going to the island and back to mainland ard 6 30pm, I'm going to ogba, so I found myself ard Adeniyi Jones, this request entered, called rider, she's at Toyin street going to Berger grin I smile, since I already have 9500 on my dash board, let me just upgrade to 10k, since dis lockdown period is harsh & no one knows tomorrow. That was how I blow thro during that rush hour from Adeniyi Jones to Toyin street on a 10 mins ETA, as I was driving towards Allen, I'm just observing the traffic on the other side of the road (from Opebi rd abt to Allen). As I turned into Toyin, I hear the cancellation sound grin grin grin Jesus! I didn't know when I call the rider and almost cry asking her, why! Why!! Why!!! Why on earth did u do this kind of a tin, look at the traffic out here. She was just apologising "I tot u were still far away and I need to get another ride"... I didn't even bother to ask her, if I could drive down to her, I cut the phone on her and just look out for another ride, which I was able to get.

2. This one happened last week. Around 4:50pm, I check my dashboard and I'm just pondering worst day (3400 plus 1k offline) and if I should just call it a day, when this request came in ard 5pm, I put a call to the rider and she was going to Akoko from Magodo phase 2, think thro if I should take my chances and the need to get home a happy soul, so I check ETA and found out by 6pm I'll b dia and if I can't make it home that evening, I'll pass d night at a friends place ard Lagos mainland... Immediately I dropped her, I set destination trip and a trip of 1.3 surge with 8min ETA came in from oweh street Jibowu going to magodo phase 1, I don't think it took 3 mins to get to PU grin Got dia and this girl came out from a salon, ask me to park well cos she is making her hair and what's left is just for them to deep it in hot water, then pack d hair, I should please just give her 10 mins. Who goes me? On surge and card grin madam take ur time, no problem. I didn't know they were 2 girls, it took them 45 mins to finish what they r doing, what really got to me was when I sight them from the rearview buying small chops, I was just boiling inside like "abi this girls they craze or they just don't understand the intensity of what they are doing, after checking map, our best bet is 1:19mins to get to magodo and they are still doing this rubbish, ohk! Madness will meet nonchalant today". As the hop into the car, that proudful "Sorry oo driver", me: I'm not going again, I need to cancel this trip, I'm just waiting for you to get in so I can explain that lockdown is 8 and this is too 7, I have a home too or will I pass the night at ur place? Riders: Ha! Oga please don't do this, we book you because bolt will close the app once it 6, how do u want us to get home now? Me: how is that my business now, u girls acted like u just don't care atall, look at the time, if I drop you now and got caught on my way home, am I going to call you, I'll pay 10k to police on a trip of how much ( I'm just looking for a way to make money off d situation, but my church mind won't let me)... I let them b and drove them to there destination, their thank you was the most humble one I've ever received in life grin they just stay humble throughout the ride despite using long Ikeja route to beat triffic and lockdown time, they didn't even bother to ask questions (They won't like to alight half way) cheesy

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2705) (2706) (2707) (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) ... (5800) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191, Pearl1910, Barbiturate(m), ReadaDream(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.