Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4744941 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Najm(m): 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
TokyoBulls:
Nice to see the many operational challenges. Overall, I hope we are all keeping well. We were informed by Uber that they met with LASG and they demanded N100,000 per car per annum for registration and each partner will need to pay PAYEE as an individual to LIRS or Corporate Income Tax to FIRS as a registered business. The best way is to negotiate as a unit. If you allow VIO/LASG to deal with each driver/partner separately then we do not stand a chance. It is already very easy to get cars impounded and ticket them N60,000. That's more than your net income per car per week. If same car gets impounded again during the month, the business will significantly suffer. Remember the N60,000 fine excludes the additional costs associated and the revenue lost due to down time.

so whats your suggestion to put an end to this? how do we negotiate as a unit?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kude(m): 11:26am On Dec 06, 2016
So i just got back from the CCB, paid the 100k embarassed for the Operational license. I was told they have a meeting with uber reps 2day concerning this...bottomline though, evry partner has to get it.
Najm:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kude(m): 11:28am On Dec 06, 2016
..and evry driver needs to get accredited along with having the lasdri nd badge.
kude:
So i just got back from the CCB, paid the 100k embarassed for the Operational license. I was told they have a meeting with uber reps 2day concerning this...bottomline though, evry partner has to get it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
I really don't think we stand a good chance if we negotiate individually. 100K looks like nothing until you think of scale. Assume there are 6,000 drivers/cars on Uber, 100K immediately becomes N600M which is pretty significant. Imagine if we succeed at getting LASG to remove one zero, then they will still make N60M per annum which is significant. Uber can deduct from source. N10,000 looks more like it rather than N100,000. Per car.
Najm:

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Najm(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2016
TokyoBulls:
I really don't think we stand a good chance if we negotiate individually. 100K looks like nothing until you think of scale. Assume there are 6,000 drivers/cars on Uber, 100K immediately becomes N600M which is pretty significant. Imagine if we succeed at getting LASG to remove one zero, then they will still make N60M per annum which is significant. Uber can deduct from source. N10,000 looks more like it rather than N100,000. Per car.
i get your point. but my question still is how do we come together as a unit. if we need to form an association then lets do ASAP.after which we can sit down with Uber and LASG to thrash this thing out.
does everyone operating at the moment have the license?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 7:59am On Dec 07, 2016
Najm:

i get your point. but my question still is how do we come together as a unit. if we need to form an association then lets do ASAP.after which we can sit down with Uber and LASG to thrash this thing out.

There's group on telegram aiming to bringing all Uber drivers in Lagos together. download the telegram app to be added
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by crownard(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
eghuan1:

Invite me to the group my phone number is 07030956294

There's group on telegram aiming to bringing all Uber drivers in Lagos together. download the telegram app to be added
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2016
My friend was arrested yesterday by vio. He was asked if he's Uber. He said No. To cut the story, he had to part with 10k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 8:13am On Dec 08, 2016
darmilolah:
My friend was arrested yesterday by vio. He was asked if he's Uber. He said No. To cut the story, he had to part with 10k

There is a meeting holding at the national stadium today by a group of Uber drivers on the issue of VIO and other things affecting the Uber business in Lagos. I will advise anyone who can go to be there.

It's by 11am.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rajas: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Please, uber has not credit my account this week. Is anyone experience the same issue or i should send message to UBER concerning that. Please, i need you urgent reply.
Thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by twentycent(m): 11:22am On Dec 08, 2016
Hello All, am still in need of a Hire Purchase (Nigerian Used) preferably, anyone with this arrangement should kindly contact me. Many thanks in anticipation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by twentycent(m): 11:28am On Dec 08, 2016
twentycent:
Hello all,
Am currently active on Uber and in need of a Hire Purchase for a Toyota Camry (muzzle) preferably 9ja used(cost considered). If you have an offer, kindly contact me on 08028304501. It's for Uber use.
Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2016
kude:
This is the problem, people are already paying. I believe we can form an association and deal with this issue collectively. Uber is creating the jobs they all fail to create and to now operate with Nigeria people (not foreigners) has now attract the attention of dsame govt that should have done it in the first place. Or am I missing something?

Maintenance cost is very High Right now paying 60k,100k as the case may be isnt easy now. Lasg Greediness is too much. Now I know why most youths run outside the country cos all efforts to forge ahead here is been frustrated by some idiots at the helm of govt. I admonishes all of us to leave ego aside and come together to fight this. We can use a twitter handle or #tag to fight this and all other social media. At least they can reduce it . cos to me its too much. They themselves cannot pay such money. We can even protest to Lagos assembly, and governor's office at alausa and APC secretariat Ikeja. EPADAN will be very useful in this kind of matter in the future. Before they kill the original purpose and motive of Uber and other apps which is creating jobs.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
rajas:
Please, uber has not credit my account this week. Is anyone experience the same issue or i should send message to UBER concerning that. Please, i need you urgent reply.
Thank you.
Have you updated your sort code?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Najm:

that where E-HAILING PARTNERS AND DRIVERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA ( EPADAN) suffice.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rajas: 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
Sort code? I don't understand? I received money last week, why sort code?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
eghuan1:

There is a meeting holding at the national stadium today by a group of Uber drivers on the issue of VIO and other things affecting the Uber business in Lagos. I will advise anyone who can go to be there.

It's by 11am.

Any update from the meeting?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kude(m): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
To get this right without coming off as rude, your opinion is that partners should'nt go ahead to pay for the operational license? My question to you is that your vehicle gets impounded right now and your driver is handed a 60k ticket fine cos you dont have the license, what would you do about it?
vpaymoney:

This is the problem, people are already paying. I believe we can form an association and deal with this issue collectively. Uber is creating the jobs they all fail to create and to now operate with Nigeria people (not foreigners) has now attract the attention of dsame govt that should have done it in the first place. Or am I missing something?

Maintenance cost is very High Right now paying 60k,100k as the case may be isnt easy now. Lasg Greediness is too much. Now I know why most youths run outside the country cos all efforts to forge ahead here is been frustrated by some idiots at the helm of govt. I admonishes all of us to leave ego aside and come together to fight this. We can use a twitter handle or #tag to fight this and all other social media. At least they can reduce it . cos to me its too much. They themselves cannot pay such money. We can even protest to Lagos assembly, and governor's office at alausa and APC secretariat Ikeja. EPADAN will be very useful in this kind of matter in the future. Before they kill the original purpose and motive of Uber and other apps which is creating jobs.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
kude:
To get this right without coming off as rude, your opinion is that partners should'nt go ahead to pay for the operational license? My question to you is that your vehicle gets impounded right now and your driver is handed a 60k ticket fine cos you dont have the license, what would you do about it?

From his long write up. He never said partners should not pay the fine.

As far as I understand, he only gave a suggestion that partners should solve the problem collectively going forward.

I think it makes sense. An association, pressure group or lobby group will go a long way.

In fact I'm of the opinion that Uber partners and transporters generally should even lobby for some benefits from government.

Don't be deceived. Those old school taxi drivers have strong contacts in Alausa and they make things happen.

I suspect they have a hand in this Uber/vio saga. Uber is obviously a serious threat to some people.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 9:33am On Dec 09, 2016
kude:
oh no sorry for that. Don't know that's the situation. Sorry for that again. I was just talking on a different perspective.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2016
mrsage:

From his long write up. He never said partners should not pay the fine.

As far as I understand, he only gave a suggestion that partners should solve the problem collectively going forward.

I think it makes sense. An association, pressure group or lobby group will go a long way.

In fact I'm of the opinion that Uber partners and transporters generally should even lobby for some benefits from government.

Don't be deceived. Those old school taxi drivers have strong contacts in Alausa and they make things happen.

I suspect they have a hand in this Uber/vio saga. Uber is obviously a serious threat to some people.
Exactly my take! You actually nailed it bro. By the the asso/pressure GRP is formd we can even sue the state govt, cos I am tax payer, I have my card with me. Likewise most of us. So why should this be happening? If at all they want to take something, not 100k/car. And subsequently 30k/yr/car. So if am having 10cars, I will pay 1m 300k subsequently for some people to fatten their already big belle? Never! If we Jones on this matter that means they will always have their way. Stand Up Nigeria! (EPADAN) is necessary. Let's start nomination. Oya I nominate Oga tokyobull. Some big lawyers are interested in this matter o. We are not alone. Nominations pls
Post available are:
PRESIDENT
VP
SECRETARY
PRO
TREASURER
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Just coming from CCB ....uber met with dem yesterday and mthey are here today. What I got to learn is that the 100k is a one time fee...uber is suppose to pay 5mil for 500cars and the rest members sort themselves out. Yellow cabs also paid for d franchise which in truth is right (the medallion used by New York cabs cost heavy to get)

But this is 9ja...there is always a way (winks)....get in touch with me let's discuss ...can't say it in open
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sleekender(m): 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
Guys, i tried registering another car with Uber reecently and noticed that some Vehicle Manufacturers are limited to 2012 and above.

I uber still accepting 2006 Saloon cars? I have a Toyota Corolla 2006.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2016
sleekender:
Guys, i tried registering another car with Uber reecently and noticed that some Vehicle Manufacturers are limited to 2012 and above.

I uber still accepting 2006 Saloon cars? I have a Toyota Corolla 2006.

go to their office and find out
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eledalo: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2016
kude:

What documents were required for the licence? Pls describe the process. Can't imagine paying 100k for each of my cars - that's 1m! Just for licence?

Any report from the meeting in Stadium? Please inform the house of any upcoming meetings.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by twentycent(m): 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
Following.....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dexterush(f): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2016
I need an Uber driver urgently.... Just gt a tokunbo corolla. Any interested n sincere driver shud drop his number here.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chatwithjide(m): 10:22am On Dec 16, 2016
I am interested in the driver job. my number 08090901205.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kude(m): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
Just the vehicle papers. Your finger prints and snapshot ll be taken and a printout given to you to veryify that you are in the system
eledalo:

What documents were required for the licence? Pls describe the process. Can't imagine paying 100k for each of my cars - that's 1m! Just for licence?

Any report from the meeting in Stadium? Please inform the house of any upcoming meetings.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kude(m): 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
My driver just paid my first week earnings and I noticed he received a lot of cash payments during the week.. pls how does uber collect their 25% in situations where almost all the trips were paid for in cash?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Johnchrix(m), donfortune48(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.