Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2853) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4773637 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) ... (5697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

I have a sound Sienna with AC but going to Kaduna is a no-no

Let's talk business cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
angry angry as seen on twitter

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2020
Gudevening pilots, hw r u tode.pls I notice some tin on my phone. Wen a request cums in n it shows accept, wen I try clicking it, it dos nt pick n d next tin it shows I didn't respond to D call. It happened to me tode. On Thursday wen I tried accepting the riders call, my phone went blank, then rebooted almost three times. Pls wat could be wrong. Is it my phone tat is d problem or D bolt app cos in D case of indriver, it dos nt happen like tat. The phone is Huawei media tab 337. Pls advice!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
eyinola:
angry angry as seen on twitter

A lot if entitled people walking the Earth now adays.

A lot of people are psychologically and emotionally messed up here in this part of the world sadly

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
dansito:
Gudevening pilots, hw r u tode.pls I notice some tin on my phone. Wen a request cums in n it shows accept, wen I try clicking it, it dos nt pick n d next tin it shows I didn't respond to D call. It happened to me tode. On Thursday wen I tried accepting the riders call, my phone went blank, then rebooted almost three times. Pls wat could be wrong. Is it my phone tat is d problem or D bolt app cos in D case of indriver, it dos nt happen like tat.pls help!!!!

What phone do you use sir?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sonshyne: 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
Good evening house. I intend changing my rear hubs next week and my mecho advised that I buy new one instead of tokunbo cause tokunbo is not reliable. How true is this pls?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
coker007:

A lot if entitled people walking the Earth now adays.

A lot of people are psychologically and emotionally messed up here in this part of the world sadly
one lady was angry with me today just because i said i cant wait to take her back and i saw my rating dropped immediately
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenwa(m): 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2020
How much are you selling 5w30 ?
dru23:

I only have USA Castrol 5w30 from personal stash 5quarts .. Call my business line .. Around August new stock will be available
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
He gave them the password to his phone, the one with it was searching through the phone while the second was asking questions. Rider is clean and well spoken, told them what he does and every necessary details about himself. He was with his laptop, he offered to turn it on for them if they are not satisfied with what he’s told them so far or seen on his phone.

When they saw that it was a bad market, nothing to use against him, they changed it to why didnt we stop when they flashed me and trying to run away from them, he told them he was rushing for a meeting, that we’ve been driving fast from Ikoyi.

One of them turned to me and said ‘why did you not stop for us’?
I replied him saying: I’m just doing my job.

He didn’t say anything. They requested to search the car, and the guy, they did their thing and when they didn’t see anything incriminating. They said we’d let you go because of your cooperation.
...……...................

This experience almost gave me a heart attack, my heart was beating really fast when one of them stood in front of my car with handcuffs. Different thoughts ran through my mind, like what have I done wrong , I didn’t commit any traffic offense or is it now a crime to drive fast ?

Immediately I completed the trip, I went offline and proceeded to the nearest bar to drink chilled Guinness to calm my heart grin
These people no go kill me.

This is exactly how the operate. I'm certain it was same people that accustated me and my Riders. Same method, same pattern. Except I loss on both side seriously.

I was at circle mall ShopRite Jakande when a request came in. It was alady on corper uniform and her guy friend. Two respectable looking lovebirds. I drove across the spacious packing lot to their position. They were followed by an attendant of one of the restaurant where they just came out. As they entered the guy whispered to me to lend them N3k so they could settle the attendant. I had no problems to assist them, they look very responsible.

Anyways, the trip startd destination was Novare ShopRite sangotedo. Which sounds corky, from ShopRite to ShopRite, but none of my business. The two sat behind jisting away with no worries. They were secondary school mates getting together after a very long time. The guy stays up north while the lady was serving her father land in Lagos.

We stopped at VGC traffic light just before the light turned green, a man appeared from nowhere and stood in front of my car signalling us to stop. They guided me to pack at the side of the road and they were knocking on the windows for us to open. I looked at my Riders the girl was scared to hell, and guy was just normal, for me, I was confused, I thought they were robbers, but certainly not in the open because people have started gathering.

I rolled down my window, they were busy barking orders for us to open the doors, of which I told my Riders not to, I became confrontational.
"Who are you" I barked back,
"we are men of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission EFCC, Have you heard of the EFCC before?"
"Eh" was all I could utter.
"Good, is not you we after, driver. We are after your passenger, please step out of the vehicle and go and enter that car"

The ordered the young guy into another car and one of them joined us in the front seat, he ask me to drive and follow their own corolla. We drove towards Abraham Adesanya round about, turned and started heading back to Ajah. That was when I said no I can't continue with the journey, they rider should settle me and let me find my way. The guy with us called his colleagues and after the talked, the man asked me not to end the trip that the rider will surely pay me, that we are going to EFCC office at Ikoyi. That the guy has refused to cooperate so they're taking him in. I and the corper girl asked him what has the guy done wrong, the man said the guy is a member of a bigger syndicate of yahoo boys and they have complete info on him and a number of his contacts. He's not the only one, they're taking them one by one, he continued to say.

He began to ask the corper girl how she knew him. The girl claimed he was a secondary school mate, they just got together after about 9 years, so she can't really vouch for his activity. The man adviced her keep far away from him. And she was like why, why must she keep away, he is her friend etc me, I just kept driving. We passed VI, climbed the bridge connecting Ikoyi, got to Gerard road made U-turn, got to falomo under bridge round about turned right towards Awolowo rd, then the guy asked me to pack at the first bus stop. The guy was busy on call with his colleagues, after a while they came and took the corper girl leaving me and the EFCC guy in the front seat. We waited for another 10mins, they brought the yahoo guy back to join us in the car. The EFCC guy Infront asked me to drive forward, when we got to the first Traffic light on Awolowo rd he asked me to make a U-turn. We drove towards the falomo under bridge then parked at a busstop a distance to the famolo under bridge. We waited there for good 1 hour, no one spoke. The yahoo guy was at the back , looking behind me at him, he was like he was almost crying.

Then a call came in the EFCC guy asked me to drive forward towards the falomo under bridge round about, we stopped and waited Infront of the filling station by the right, police men on uniform will appear to arrest us for wrong packing because we were actually causing holdup at the back, the effcc guy will wave them away and ask me to park right there and ignore the horns and abuses from other drivers.

After a long wait they came back with the corper girl, as the girl got in, the guy in the front came down and they asked us to go. I drove us back towards Lekki to a new destination Osapa London estate. The corper girl was frightened and the yahoo guy was furious, calling and alerting his crew. Me I was like my money. While he was on call I overheard his crew member telling him that it was the Uber driver that set you up. Once he ended his call, na so this yahoo guy face me. That he had to settle those guys N200,000 cash, that they used the corper girl to go and withdraw the money which explains the waiting period at the busstop.

This yahoo guy insist that I mustn't drop them at his home. So they alighted along the street. I end trip N5100 +N3000=N8100, yahoo guy said he has no money. Those magu boys took it all and he began to promise that he will surely pay me. He asked that I promise not to harass his corper girlfriend since she was the one that requested me. I and the guy we still chat and talk, but about other things, he said he never hammer.

I simply told him to change his lifestyle. I wonder if he was hushpuppi crew.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
chinyce:

This is exactly how the operate. I'm certain it was same people that accustated me and my Riders. Same method, same pattern. Except I loss on both side seriously.

I was at circle mall ShopRite Jakande when a request came in. It was alady on corper uniform and her guy friend. Two respectable looking lovebirds. I drove across the spacious packing lot to their position. They were followed by an attendant of one of the restaurant where they just came out. As they entered the guy whispered to me to lend them N3k so they could settle the attendant. I had no problems to assist them, they look very responsible.

Anyways, the trip startd destination was Novare ShopRite sangotedo. Which sounds corky, from ShopRite to ShopRite, but none of my business. The two sat behind jisting away with no worries. They were secondary school mates getting together after a very long time. The guy stays up north while the lady was serving her father land in Lagos.

We stopped at VGC traffic light just before the light turned green, a man appeared from nowhere and stood in front of my car signalling us to stop. They guided me to pack at the side of the road and they were knocking on the windows for us to open. I looked at my Riders the girl was scared to hell, and guy was just normal, for me, I was confused, I thought they were robbers, but certainly not in the open because people have started gathering.

I rolled down my window, they were busy barking orders for us to open the doors, of which I told my Riders not to, I became confrontational.
"we are men of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission EFCC, Have you heard of the EFCC before?"
"Good, is not you we after, driver. We are after your passenger, please step out of the vehicle and go and enter that car"

The ordered the young guy into another car and one of them joined us in the front seat, he ask me to drive and follow their own corolla. We drove towards Abraham Adesanya round about, turned and started heading back to Ajah. That was when I said no I can't continue with the journey, they rider should settle me and let me find my way. The guy with us called his colleagues and after the talked, the man asked me not to end the trip that the rider will surely pay me, that we are going to EFCC office at Ikoyi. That the guy has refused to cooperate so they're taking him in. I and the corper girl asked him what has the guy done wrong, the man said the guy is a member of a bigger syndicate of yahoo boys and they have complete info on him and a number of his contacts. He's not the only one, they're taking them one by one, he continued to say.

He began to ask the corper girl how she knew him. The girl claimed he was a secondary school mate, they just got together after about 9 years, so she can't really vouch for his activity. The man adviced her keep far away from him. And she was like why, why must she keep away, he is her friend etc me, I just kept driving. We passed VI, climbed the bridge connecting Ikoyi, got to Gerard road made U-turn, got to falomo under bridge round about turned right towards Awolowo rd, then the guy asked me to pack at the first bus stop. The guy was busy on call with his colleagues, after a while they came and took the corper girl leaving me and the EFCC guy in the front seat. We waited for another 10mins, they brought the yahoo guy back to join us in the car. The EFCC guy Infront asked me to drive forward, when we got to the first Traffic light on Awolowo rd he asked me to make a U-turn. We drove towards the falomo under bridge then parked at a busstop a distance to the famolo under bridge. We waited there for good 1 hour, no one spoke. The yahoo guy was at the back , looking behind me at him, he was like he was almost crying.

Then a call came in the EFCC guy asked me to drive forward towards the falomo under bridge round about, we stopped and waited Infront of the filling station by the right, police men on uniform will appear to arrest us for wrong packing because we were actually causing holdup at the back, the effcc guy will wave them away and ask me to park right there and ignore the horns and abuses from other drivers.

After a long wait they came back with the corper girl, as the girl got in, the guy in the front came down and they asked us to go. I drove us back towards Lekki to a new destination Osapa London estate. The corper girl was frightened and the yahoo guy was furious, calling and alerting his crew. Me I was like my money. While he was on call I overheard his crew member telling him that it was the Uber driver that set you up. Once he ended his call, na so this yahoo guy face me. That he had to settle those guys N200,000 cash, that they used the corper girl to go and withdraw the money which explains the waiting period at the busstop.

This yahoo guy insist that I mustn't drop them at his home. So they alighted along the street. I end trip N5100 +N3000=N8100, yahoo guy said he has no money. Those magu boys took it all and he began to promise that he will surely pay me. He asked that I promise not to harass his corper girlfriend since she was the one that requested me. I and the guy we still chat and talk, but about other things, he said he never hammer.

Nawa oooooooo Efcc, SARS, police las las we go sell this country share the money

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 10:34pm On Jul 25, 2020
[url][i]
coker007:

What phone do you use sir?
[quote][/quote][url]

The phone is Huawei media tab 337
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
I'm not understanding.... when did efcc start doing highway patrol?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
coker007:
I'm not understanding.... when did efcc start doing highway patrol?

Me self I confuse oo, abi nah illegal work dem dey do
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2020
So some drivers still loan their riders? Una no dey hear word. No matter how nice you re to me, I no dey loan you! Carry your money when leaving home.
chinyce:

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2020
dansito:
[url][i][b][/b][url]

The phone is Huawei media tab 337

I really don't see anything wrong with the specifications of the phone unless it's the 1gb ram that's the problem and if it's not I suggest you clear cache using system manager or downloading system manager or better still factory reset your phone (sorry)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
chinyce:

The gestapo style of the efcc and this issue of harrassing people on the roads is absolutely illegal. But they have their well organized tactics on ripping the G boys out.

If the suspects cannot defend themselves then there is really nothing you can do other than ensuring you get your fare.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
ThuGnificenX:
that ain't happening. The touts here na oil money dem dey find no be road side change. Maybe the security outfits but I doubt that cos its hard to tell who is bolt and who is private.
You dey talk lile say touts no dey ph, c I schooled, live and hustled in ph for many years, ph touts n9 dey reason u weda u wear the oooh.... Dont even do the mistake to pick passengers at ruomokoro, ruomola, artillery, waterline, eleme junctions if thwm catch you na council you go c urself.

I once paid 15k to their secretary who happened to be my set mate in Uniport just because I tried to do solo at ruomokoro junction.

Apart from that, there're lot of dead zones in rivers state you dont dear drive to else militant will kidnap you and can even kill their victim simply because of 20k ransom.

One of our drivers was beheaded somewhere in ogbagry (I murdered the spelling) for trying to go rescue a site at night.

Though, rivers state has good roads and rivers women sabi body well well. When oil was still oil a lot of taxi guys built house within 6months in RS (that's those wey no belong to set awon oven lighters gangsgrin) but right now, with schools under indeffinate lock down trust me Ph, RS is not the place to be because no Uniport no movement in Ph.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
davit:
So some drivers still loan their riders? Una no dey hear word. No matter how nice you re to me, I no dey loan you! Carry your money when leaving home.
me ino dey get cash , na my slogan grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
coker007:

I really don't see anything wrong with the specifications of the phone unless it's the 1gb ram that's the problem and if it's not I suggest you clear cache using system manager or downloading system manager or better still factory reset your phone (sorry)
[i][/i]

Thank u sir,I just checked my phone n it's 1gb ram,pls wat cn I do.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 26, 2020
dansito:
[b][/b][i][/i]

Thank u sir,I just checked my phone n it's 1gb ram,pls wat cn I do.

First of all try downloading an app on Google play that can clear or delete all pent up cache files, I don't know if any app right now but you could just Google the best ( that is free) and download and clear all cache.

If that doesn't work then you'd have to probably get a new phone
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:42am On Jul 26, 2020
nwizu042:

Baba, use hydrolic oil to clean it very well and go for your inspection.::
that will F up the paint worse. Buff it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:35am On Jul 26, 2020
chinyce:

shocked shocked What an experience! God knows I’d be so frustrated waiting endlessly for them.

This their mode of operation is wrong though.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 6:54am On Jul 26, 2020
Uber is just coming into the party, let's see how it goes sha

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2020
stephenwa:
How much are you selling 5w30 ?

Castrol USA from my personal stash is 13k naira .... In August ending will get new stock .. Plz keep in mind the pandemic has slow down a lot of business and the naira is not making things easier at all .. We doing our best to keep our products pocket friendly

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 7:06am On Jul 26, 2020
Mjosh1000:
when will i be able to take request on uber I don wait sl tey i don dey loose wait angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2020
davit:
You no dey get 5w 20 ni?

Unfortunately I dont have .. Kindly bare with us till August ending and we have them in stock .. The pandemic has affected and slow down business.. And the naira buying power from the dollar has been a disaster.. So bare with us till August .. We hope to have you as a customer..

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Legithustle: 7:08am On Jul 26, 2020
dru23:

Castrol USA from my personal stash is 13k naira .... In August ending will get new stock .. Plz keep in mind the pandemic has slow down a lot of business and the naira is not making things easier at all .. We doing our best to keep our products pocket friendly

Pls i need one
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:37am On Jul 26, 2020
Mjosh1000:

Time to go for uber Re-inspection.
We gonna party till down.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:43am On Jul 26, 2020
Legithustle:

Pls i need one

Plz call my business line .. I think I have two left

0703 672 6481
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sonshyne: 7:55am On Jul 26, 2020
Good morning house. I intend changing my rear hubs this week and my mecho advised that I buy new one instead of tokunbo cause tokunbo is not reliable. How true is this pls?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DEGREE2466(m): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2020
radautoworks:

Just saw this. Yes, just show them this post.

Ma'am, I need your assistance to ship a phone from the United States to Nigeria. I will order the phone on eBay/Amazon and have it sent to your address so you can help me send it down to Nigeria.

All costs will be covered by me. Please, let me know if you can help.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 10:04am On Jul 26, 2020
sonshyne:
Good morning house. I intend changing my rear hubs this week and my mecho advised that I buy new one instead of tokunbo cause tokunbo is not reliable. How true is this pls?
Buy direct Toks and rest, except you are buying genuine OEM new part then you can buy the new one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) ... (5697) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Pearl1910 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.