Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,943 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:16 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5101233 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) ... (5799) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
Back to this...
Why the suspense?
Come finish this story or else..........

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
EFCC and Special Task Force team stopped me some minutes ago. Gist later...

Previously on "The Diary of a Bolt Driver"...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chijioke17(m): 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
Back to this...

I picked my rider from Doculand Awolowo road, cool working class guy. He asked politely that I drive a bit fast as he’s running late for an appointment somewhere around Ologolo.

I got to work and was moving swiftly in between cars, got to freedom way when I sighted a black corolla with tinted windows driving to march my pace, I thought he wanted to play and I was more than ready, he flashed his lights at me twice but I ignored him.

When we got to Jakande traffic light, he pulled up beside me, a police officer in full gears stepped out from the car and two other guys in mufti. I didn’t pay much attention to them until one of the guys in mufti stood in front my car brandishing handcuffs shocked , I looked back at my rider he wasn’t using face mask, different thoughts began to run through my mind. The one with the cuffs came to my side and displayed his ID for me to see.

I was still trying to process everything when I noticed that my rider has already opened the door for one of them to come in. The one at my side later joined his colleague at the back seat leaving my rider in the middle. They ordered me to drive and follow the corolla.

They introduced their self and began to question the guy. Collected his phone.......

I go beat you o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2020
Uhm, when drivers are asking for a price increase...

Hi Ekehopp,

Bolt’s mission is to provide the best earnings in town for drivers. We are considering launching Bolt Economy — a temporary and fully optional category with lower rates for passengers. You can opt in and out of Bolt Economy trips any time with no limits!

Lower prices can attract more riders which will translate into higher driver earnings. Bolt Economy will minimise the time you spend in between regular Bolt trips and maximise the money you make behind the wheel.

What do you think?

We want Bolt Economy to work the way you want it to. That’s why, before launching the temporary category, we need your feedback on how it should operate. Fill out the short survey below and help us make the right decision.

Click here for the Survey

Thanks for your help,

The Bolt team

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
Back to this...

I picked my rider from Doculand Awolowo road, cool working class guy. He asked politely that I drive a bit fast as he’s running late for an appointment somewhere around Ologolo.

I got to work and was moving swiftly in between cars, got to freedom way when I sighted a black corolla with tinted windows driving to march my pace, I thought he wanted to play and I was more than ready, he flashed his lights at me twice but I ignored him.

When we got to Jakande traffic light, he pulled up beside me, a police officer in full gears stepped out from the car and two other guys in mufti. I didn’t pay much attention to them until one of the guys in mufti stood in front my car brandishing handcuffs shocked , I looked back at my rider he wasn’t using face mask, different thoughts began to run through my mind. The one with the cuffs came to my side and displayed his ID for me to see.

I was still trying to process everything when I noticed that my rider has already opened the door for one of them to come in. The one at my side later joined his colleague at the back seat leaving my rider in the middle. They ordered me to drive and follow the corolla.

They introduced their self and began to question the guy. Collected his phone.......

The following takes place between the hour of 2:35PM - 3:35PM

Subtitled By: Don Movies

To b continued...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
peeps4u:

You may as well buy car spray paint if the spray colour will align

I tried that stuff sometime ago, it gives a dull finishing when compared to other surrounding parts. I will work with the hydraulic fluid, las las, I may just find the guy something if it becomes a barrier.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
pope191:

Previously on "The Diary of a Bolt Driver"...

Na who act this one, hope say no be all action o? Oga writer please add small romance o because I dey like bobby.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
Crvrider:

Na who act this one, hope say no be all action o? Oga writer please add small romance o because I dey like bobby.

Man shall not live by bobby alone. Go and ger your car inspected and leave Bobby/romance tongue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
I they come complete am. Request enter and I never still complete the trip. We they traffic, rider don sleep. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
ekehopp:
Uhm, when drivers are asking for a price increase...

These people won't stop, until deh break someone back, I've been on bed all day feeling back ache. Funny enough, I don't feel any ache when sitting or driving, but the moment I stand or decide to take some rest, it will seem as if I receive d beat of life. Price is low and the riders r honestly not complaining, even Sanwo endorsed increment in BRT fares, so why is Bolt so greedy? Was on a trip for 3hrs from Festac to V.I yesterday, trip ended 4700 and rider gave me 6k with compliment, thanking her star, for choosing not to drive yesterday. If only Bolt know that most riders on the Island have heavy machine that uses 3.5L engine, so they know what it takes to put gas in such car, if not for corolla and civic, only heaven knows.

Did a feasibility study: if gas of 2500 returns 10k on uber... 5k will go back to gas and uber commission, driver is left with 5k to keep body and soul with car maintenance, and that is like drivers will b having 3k after saving for maintenance. Now these people is talking about reduction, maybe to drivers having 2k after grossing 10k. Premium suffering and smiling

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
Crvrider:

Nah Babadee deh write em grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
Crvrider:
Hello FAM. Please this is the scratch in my car. Will it affect uber inspection report?

Lol hardly any scratch there. grin You are very funny sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
dru23:

13k naira

Can I also pick one if available while we wait for the mother load. I'm thinking of making the switch from liquimoly to Castrol.
Possibly get the 6 gallon pack for the rest of the year
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jamrid: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
Please I need alloy ream for my Toyota corolla 03...

Please if anybody here has, DM let talk price...

Very urgent...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
Anyone here with a car looking to partner with a driver on bolt?

I'm available in Lagos, kindly quote me if interested.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
Back to this...

He gave them the password to his phone, the one with it was searching through the phone while the second was asking questions. Rider is clean and well spoken, told them what he does and every necessary details about himself. He was with his laptop, he offered to turn it on for them if they are not satisfied with what he’s told them so far or seen on his phone.

When they saw that it was a bad market, nothing to use against him, they changed it to why didnt we stop when they flashed me and trying to run away from them, he told them he was rushing for a meeting, that we’ve been driving fast from Ikoyi.

One of them turned to me and said ‘why did you not stop for us’?
I replied him saying: I’m just doing my job.

He didn’t say anything. They requested to search the car, and the guy, they did their thing and when they didn’t see anything incriminating. They said we’d let you go because of your cooperation.
...……...................

This experience almost gave me a heart attack, my heart was beating really fast when one of them stood in front of my car with handcuffs. Different thoughts ran through my mind, like what have I done wrong , I didn’t commit any traffic offense or is it now a crime to drive fast ?

Immediately I completed the trip, I went offline and proceeded to the nearest bar to drink chilled Guinness to calm my heart grin
These people no go kill me.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
He gave them the password to his phone, the one with it was searching through the phone while the second was asking questions. Rider is clean and well spoken, told them what he does and every necessary details about himself. He was with his laptop, he offered to turn it on for them if they are not satisfied with what he’s told them so far or seen on his phone.

When they saw that it was a bad market, nothing to use against him, they changed it to why didnt we stop when they flashed me and trying to run away from them, he told them he was rushing for a meeting, that we’ve been driving fast from Ikoyi.

He didn’t say anything. They requested to search the car, and the guy, they did their thing and when they didn’t see anything incriminating. They said we’d let you go because of your cooperation.
...……...................

This experience almost gave me a heart attack, my heart was beating really fast when one of them stood in front of my car with handcuffs. Different thoughts ran through my mind, like what have I done wrong , I didn’t commit any traffic offense or is it now a crime to drive fast ?

Immediately I completed the trip, I went offline and proceeded to the nearest bar to drink chilled Guinness to calm my heart grin

Is this how efcc operate now?

But what I don't understand is, are you suppose to stop for every car that flash you down?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
Who can link me with a vehicle (bus ,big sienna). With A/c that can help me transport baby fishes to Kaduna from Lagos. @90k call me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
OmoOshodi:
Who can link me with a vehicle (bus ,big sienna). With A/c that can help me transport baby fishes to Kaduna from Lagos. @90k call me o7o6383ll76

I have a sound Sienna with AC but going to Kaduna is a no-no

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
Hmmm. Lawless Naija. I'm afraid, I might not maintain my calmness sha. That kind thing dey agitate me, even when I no I haven't done anything wrong couple with my small connection. angry
Babadee1900:

...……...................

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
Crvrider:

Is this how efcc operate now?

But what I don't understand is, are you suppose to stop for every car that flash you down?
I’m still in shock about the whole thing. Imagine the idiocy, expecting me to stop because you flashed me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
davit:
Hmmm. Lawless Naija. I'm afraid, I might not maintain my calmness sha. That kind thing dey agitate me, even when I no I haven't done anything wrong couple with my small connection. angry
Since I wasn’t their main target, it’s only reasonable for me to sit behind the wheels and watch them do their thing. I do not feel threatened one bit asides from the initial shock due to the handcuffs I saw.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
InfinityEstates:

Interesting... Come finish the story o.

So it was Sangotedo market demolition that caused the traffic this morning. Why was the market demolished? Nigeria sef... Their matter don tire me o.
Word on street has it that the government wants to modernize the market. Shopping complex levels..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2020
If it were to be night time, the story may not be same bro. We just need to be careful out there. These guys in uniforms are something else these days. Stop for what? When I no know you! Orisirisi!
Babadee1900:
I’m still in shock about the whole thing. Imagine the idiocy, expecting me to stop because you flashed me.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
davit:
If it were to be night time, the story may not be same bro. We just need to be careful out there. These guys in uniforms are something else these days. Stop for what? When I no know you! Orisirisi!
I would not open my doors if it were to be night. And I believe my rider will not be silly enough to open the doors, I go even tell am before he try am.

I will roll down my glass to a level where we can both hear ourselves, will tell them to drive to the nearest police station, I will drive behind them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by njokuuche77(m): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:

...……...................

My man, I also drink on your head.
The risk we face lagos on a daily no be here.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
XGhost:

Can I also pick one if available while we wait for the mother load. I'm thinking of making the switch from liquimoly to Castrol.
Possibly get the 6 gallon pack for the rest of the year

I only have USA Castrol 5w30 from personal stash 5quarts .. Call my business line .. Around August new stock will be available

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
You no dey get 5w 20 ni?
dru23:

I only have USA Castrol 5w30 from personal stash 5quarts .. Call my business line .. Around August new stock will be available
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
njokuuche77:

My man, I also drink on your head.
The risk we face lagos on a daily no be here.
na only God they keep us safe. Lagos no be for the weak

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 8:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
I would not open my doors if it were to be night. And I believe my rider will not be silly enough to open the doors, I go even tell am before he try am.

I will roll down my glass to a level where we can both hear ourselves, will tell them to drive to the nearest police station, I will drive behind them.
bross u get bullet proof??..." Eni ija o de ba lo n pe ara e lokunrin"

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
Since I wasn’t their main target, it’s only reasonable for me to sit behind the wheels and watch them do their thing. I do not feel threatened one bit asides from the initial shock due to the handcuffs I saw.

The hand cuffs alone would make one pass out grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
OmoOshodi:
Who can link me with a vehicle (bus ,big sienna). With A/c that can help me transport baby fishes to Kaduna from Lagos. @90k call me o7o6383ll76

Your offer is quite on the low side but we could chat on phone

(1) (2) (3) ... (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) ... (5799) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Kaymaxi2222(m), thosinemike(m), Nezzjnr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.