Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2992) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4768457 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2989) (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) (2995) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
Honestly, I believe all the chats being posted here about driver earnings are super doctored.

There is no driver you will tell about an increase and he won't argue it with you or may even want to drop your car immediately.

I also have a driver on this platform and he remits 18-20k per week. (His movements are restricted from certain areas of course so as to miminimise damage to car and maximize profit.

Lets not because we want to make a point, we descend to a certain level.

By the way, even the partner page earnings are seemingly doctored to me. I have someone at computer village that does these things perfectly.

Drivers are human beings. Partners are human beings too. Lets try to find a middle ground where it will benefit both parties without anybody loosing out.

Yesterday around 10pm, I was around Alapere and got a trip request. I arrived and this took place.

Me: Where are you going

Rider: Ojo Barracks undecided

Me: When do you want the trip to take place? This night, tomorrow morning or never in this lifetime? wink

Rider: Oga are you ok? This night of course. Thats why I requested now.

Me: Oga begin to trek. Coz I don't even go there during the day sad

I reversed and drove away to observe. 10 minutes later, another driver came and picked him up shocked shocked

I already knew that this guy was on rentals and not a car owner. Otherwise, what will make a car owner take his car to Ojo by 10 pm if not madness? I sha prayed for him to make it back alive.

If am being honest, drivers on rentals are suffering. Car suffers the most.

If you are a driver partner, I stand on the rock of calvary Jesus Christ, raising my hands to heaven and calling on the most high God to provide you with your own car in the mighty name of Jesus... Amen.

26 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2020
radautoworks:
I hope they've been treating you guys will at the shop and no one had a problem getting their free diagnosis?
Errmn. I got my appointment this morning.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI-8yHT8P4U
Nice one bro... Sometimes its good to shift away from your comfort zone so you can see things from another view.

But that 2 weeks test no be here oooh... e no easy at all but God will gibe one the grace.

Good luck bro.

To me its better I pay 25k for a 2017 car than paying same amount for a 17years old car.

You have more respect from riders
Your rating will be excellent
And the riders one would be meeting will want To sell to you good ideas and opportunities

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wizzy007: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
rayor15:
Upload the insurance document using the browser and send them mail immediately attaching the insurance document...That was the way I did mine after rejection several times and it was accepted.

I'm also having the same issue. Can you furnish me with their mail cos I can't get it anywhere on their website or app
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
skillip:
Thank you, I tried registering for the free diagnostics last week, inputting the date was an issue and was not able to.

Maybe no appointments. Did you try different dates? You can also email them if you're having problems.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
knytred:
Pls I have an old crack , can it be fixed??

I think so call the glass mechanic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
jpworld:

He is the only driver that does only uber, the rest majorly are on bolt, i have no access to their bolt account.

I have notify all my drivers of the increase in rent.

Only 1 asking me to shift his increase to next month, then advising me to use total oil.

6 drivers are on awaiting list, i have done their verifications, incase any driver disagree vehicle will be retrieve immediately and handed over to new driver.

Rent actually should be between 32/35k because of high cost of vehicle maintenance, but as a Christian you consider people working for you.

Mber months is peak period for transport business.
Okay

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

Respect on the bolded.

A good way to operate a company and a sign of respect for anyone working for you. If there is need for any change call the person and discuss it instead of just waking up from a bad dream pick up your phone, call your driver to deliver your car to you even when they've done nothing wrong

Bros na man you be.

Read the conversation, I gave September 21st for price change, so that if anybody not comfortable, he will prepare himself ahead.

They are good drivers, i even have to start explaining to them, so they will understand, if they're bad, I will shutdown the vehicle, go retrieve it immediately.

Some are pleading for October, but September 21st has been decided.

For me to manage more than 10drivers in this business, you should know i have a little bit of management skill.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Vitalurch: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
Please guys do anyone know about mazda mpv here. Considering buying one. Is it okay for transport biz? I know uber xcluded
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lovat(m): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
I am a new driver on Uber platform. Where is the best place to get Trip
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

To me its better I pay 25k for a 2017 car than paying same amount for a 17years old car.

You have more respect from riders
Your rating will be excellent
And the riders one would be meeting will want To sell to you good ideas and opportunities

If there is no hidden terms and conditions with Moove, or certain restrictions, u go for Moove.

According to the YouTube driver,
you will do 35 trips that will go straight to moove, , that 35 trips can worth 40k or even 50k.

Can Moove bring in 10000 cars for uber, I don't think so, there will always be car rental business.

We that are small scale our rent suppose be more expensive than moove.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2020
lovat:
I am a new driver on Uber platform. Where is the best place to get Trip
Ikeja, Yaba, Surulere etc...best of luck bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knytred: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
Number pls ,
Slickleo:

I think so call the glass mechanic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
radautoworks:

Maybe no appointments. Did you try different dates? You can also email them if you're having problems.
. Ok , email will do. Thank you very much.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
jpworld:

If there is no hidden terms and conditions with Moove, or certain restrictions, u go for Moove.

you will do 35 trips that will go straight to moove, , that 35 trips can worth 40k or even 50k.

Can Moove bring in 10000 cars for uber, I don't think so, there will always be car rental business.

Oga shey my post disturb you? Abi them tell u say me no go like be car owner with 100 cars or more?
What ever your business methodology looks likes is not my business okay. So dont think I'm trying to attack you or anyone with my thinking please.

I respect your opinion, you too respect my.

Live and let others live as well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
Felicity0001:

Oga shey my post disturb you? Abi them tell u say me no go like be car owner with 100 cars or more?
What ever your business methodology looks likes is not my business okay. So dont think I'm trying to attack you or anyone with my thinking please.

I respect your opinion, you too respect my.

Live and let others live as well.

I never attack ur post, always respect ur post.

What we all are trying to do here is survive.

Business is tough ground for you to stand on ur feet is not easy.

God will bless each and everyone of us.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
3years after ... On to the next ship

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
jpworld:

I never attack ur post, always respect ur post.

What we all are trying to do here is survive.

Business is tough ground for you to stand on ur feet is not easy.

God will bless each and everyone of us.

I understand baba, Nigeria is a tough place to do business reason foreign investors are scared of coming. The greatest challenge of every CEO is workforce, getting the right people is even more difficult than the business plan its self but with a good managerial skill, patient and perseverance you'll get the right people in your team.

I learnt something very key from the 2nd law of the book "48 Laws of Powers",

Never put too much trust in friends, learn how to use enemies., he said something like "hire a former enemy and he will be more loyal than a friend, because he has more to prove. In fact, you have more to fear from friends than from enemies. If you have no enemies, find a way to make them."

I've applied this law in work place and business and it has worked wonders for me.

Amen to your prayer.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
jpworld:

Moove is the USA version of getaround rental .. You can rent from them for about $200.00 a week .. My friend uses them anytime is uber car breaks down...He told they have up to 700 cars in my state.. It is a good business for them .....

So now moove wants to move Africa and Nigeria ...it is the Nigeria drivers that will Moove out of Nigeria.. You can't bring an American system way of doing things to Nigeria.. We are wired differently and with bad roads, lack of maintenance culture ,I dont care attitude from both Nigerian government and its citizens will not let moove survive....... Nigerians as a whole can't manage their own thing properly ,so na foreign property dey want manage... transport system in Developed countries so totally different from third world country... if moove has any chance of doing well with their idea, it will be in South Africa ....

Whether the car is 20 years or 100 years it is the same amount it will deliver.. Moove driver driving 2020 Corolla will still deliver same amount as a 20 year old driver.... ..the cost of maintaining those moove car is more than the regular rental cars..

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
knytred:
Number pls ,

Jst few pages back u will see where @felicity0001 quote number
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
dru23:

Moove is the USA version of getaround rental .. You can rent from them for about $200.00 a week .. My friend uses them anytime is uber car breaks down...He told they have up to 700 cars in my state.. It is a good business for them .....

So now moove wants to move Africa and Nigeria ...it is the Nigeria drivers that will Moove out of Nigeria.. You can't bring an American system way of doing things to Nigeria.. We are wired differently and with bad roads, lack of maintenance culture ,I dont care attitude from both Nigerian government and its citizens will not let moove survive....... Nigerians as a whole can't manage their own thing properly ,so na foreign property dey want manage... transport system in Developed countries so totally different from third world country... if moove has any chance of doing well with their idea, it will be in South Africa ....

Whether the car is 20 years or 100 years it is the same amount it will deliver.. Moove driver driving 2020 Corolla will still deliver same amount as a 20 year old driver.... ..the cost of maintaining those moove car is more than the regular rental cars..

Dru. You r on point on this.

Bad roads.....

Fares r cheap in relation to the value of car...

L
How can a 4.5m car current market value be taking trips of ₦1,000. .... HABA.

Different systems of doing things.

Or people ordering Uber to carry luggage that a truck shd carry.....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odimbannamdi(m): 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
AngryIgboDon:
Honestly, I believe all the chats being posted here about driver earnings are super doctored.

There is no driver you will tell about an increase and he won't argue it with you or may even want to drop your car immediately.

I also have a driver on this platform and he remits 18-20k per week. (His movements are restricted from certain areas of course so as to miminimise damage to car and maximize profit.

Lets not because we want to make a point, we descend to a certain level.

By the way, even the partner page earnings are seemingly doctored to me. I have someone at computer village that does these things perfectly.

Drivers are human beings. Partners are human beings too. Lets try to find a middle ground where it will benefit both parties without anybody loosing out.

Yesterday around 10pm, I was around Alapere and got a trip request. I arrived and this took place.

Me: Where are you going

Rider: Ojo Barracks undecided

Me: When do you want the trip to take place? This night, tomorrow morning or never in this lifetime? wink

Rider: Oga are you ok? This night of course. Thats why I requested now.

Me: Oga begin to trek. Coz I don't even go there during the day sad

I reversed and drove away to observe. 10 minutes later, another driver came and picked him up shocked shocked

I already knew that this guy was on rentals and not a car owner. Otherwise, what will make a car owner take his car to Ojo by 10 pm if not madness? I sha prayed for him to make it back alive.

If am being honest, drivers on rentals are suffering. Car suffers the most.

If you are a driver partner, I stand on the rock of calvary Jesus Christ, raising my hands to heaven and calling on the most high God to provide you with your own car in the mighty name of Jesus... Amen.

I think this is a major disadvantage of rental.

Driver partner will place little importance on the lifespan of the car. His only goal will be to get the rental money, whether the car makes it through a journey or not.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
Last year December, was @ omole phase 1. Got a request, called the woman, @ d gate, dy wasted my time for lyk 4 mins.

Ok, I reasoned, just calm down n take d trip.

After some mins, woman sef no show, I saw a young dude bringing down bags of rice, after the fourth bag grin, I asked him, where is madam,

Abi she is no more going...

Dude told me that, no ooo, I'm the one to deliver
these bags of rice to iyana ipaja, that they are waiting for me. I was shocked cool

To crown it all, dude said there is one more bag upstairs

I cancelled the trip n left in anger....

Various abuses of the use of E-hailing abound, sometimes, I wonder why things don't work in Nigeria n would work in foreign climes...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by majekky: 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hello, Please does anyone knows if uber greenlight Maryland is open or when it will? Urgent Reply Needed because i been there like 5 time during lockdown.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odimbannamdi(m): 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
dru23:

I strongly suspect Uber prioritizes Moove cars when assigning quality trips and for loyal long-term customers.

I have brainstormed their business model and this seems to be the only plausible way they can recoup their investments in the shortest possible time.

There has to be a catch somewhere

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatNiccur: 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
Traffic from Ozumba to Apongbon. It's a lockdown
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by theoilguy: 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
sooperrescue:

You are very correct, the availability is sometimes the problem. It's commonly advised that you should buy a one year supply of engine oil if the availability is restricted. I used to work in a Lube bay and Oil change interval for conventional oil is 3 months or 3000 miles and from my observations, hardly no sludge. But the engine is systematically being destroyed when using the oil that is not recommended for the car. It's like being warned that the use of low octane fuel will eventually destroy your engine, no matter how good you maintain the car, the engine will surely go south.

Hmmmmm
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bolabiyi: 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2020
Beng1234:
Lastma catch me for Lagos island today!
Took some passengers (3ladies, 2infants) from Lekki to Lagos island. Before getting to my destination, I ended trip (2050), collected cash and was trying to join a traffic so they can hurriedly alight. I was very careful ooo because I know the rules. Unknowing to me, the lady in front had removed her belt. I just weak. Gave them 2,400. Morale done drop already. Make I go sleep
I don't understand o...lastma catch you for seat belt? shocked Chai...we die there..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
majekky:
Hello, Please does anyone knows if uber greenlight Maryland is open or when it will? Urgent Reply Needed because i been there like 5 time during lockdown.
I was there today,but try and book appointment or u book it there before attending to u
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
I will respond to this after tomorrow. Should be around for mine tomorrow.
radautoworks:
I hope they've been treating you guys well at the shop and no one had a problem getting their free diagnosis?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
Never got a mail like this ọ. Just picked date. Make I go book again whether the mail go enter I
chillex8:

Errmn. I got my appointment this morning.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
dru23:

With all due respect Sir, you made a valid point but have you try to look deep into why Uber went into this partnership with MOOVE?

Uber is a household name but has just a little fraction of the market share in Nigeria. So by pulling out quality cars which MOOVE brought in to serve their customers I believe that within the space of little time they'll take over the market from their competitors.

The idea of using America standard as same 8n Nigeria wont work is not fact. How many businesses originated from Nigeria? Even the education we have is from the western world so why won't it work here as well?

The car we are even talking about is no big deal, its group d clearance is even higher than the popular Honda civic with the factory 14rim. Banks, cooperate organisations and individuals use this brands of cars on the daily apart from the issue that it's parts will be a little bit more expensive than the conventional 03-07 Corolla anything other than that is d same. From engine down to transmission.

The two weeks daily delivery of the car to their workshop is for lots of reasons structured out in their business plan and not all drivers will qualify to continue driving with them after these two weeks.

Though the idea may seems crazy to many but what I see in this is just a market strategy and in few years they'll breakeven.

What small scale investors should do now is keep a close watch and study the trend very well because anything can change at any time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2989) (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) (2995) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.