Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4766360 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3297) (3298) (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:27am On Jan 05, 2021
replete:
please help my brother's Pontiac Vibe 05 used for UBER was vandalised ECU stolen and power windows control. They have searched for compatible ECU but non found.
VIN - 5y2sl62834z415949

Please dont mind the Adanny01 spewing nonsense up and down about .. Instead of him to follow owners manual of the car....

Most car manufactures are now moving into thinner oil for fuel, emissions and other reasons.. So the engine will need to be built to accommodate those changes, the USA is having strict emissions rules, so those engine will need to be built to fit pass the emission law etc ......

Now since other countries don't have the same strict law as the USA ,car company can decide to built whatever nonsense they want to built for those poorer countries ..

Even Europe emission laws and safety are starting to follow the USA standard. All these requirements makes USA a very competitive car market... most car company know that the America is the most profit market to get in..

Than been said ,those cars been produce for less inferior market will have different specification on engine maintenance etc .. It is imperative that car owners read their owners manual at all times ..

Let me give example .. When checking your engine oil level ,the universal thing to do is check it in the morning when all the oil might have settle down and on flat ground not hilly ground ,but flat even ground to get accurate reading etc..

So I follow this rule when I woke up in the morning to my 2011 G25x oil level.. When I check it the dipstick showed oil is low .. I was worried, and I drove my car that day ..

So when I came back my mind was telling me to read owners manual etc .. I read it and the instructions was that before checking oil level .. Ran your to operate driving temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.. After that off the engine and let the car sit for 30 minutes.. After following the instructions I check my oil level and it was perfectly gauge .....

Now imagine if I didnt follow owners manual, I could have over fill the engine with oil and runied my car for good.....

My point is that we should use common sense and read car manual at all times... naija mechanics.. Make I no talk. This is why Radauto is doing well and people come to her shop .. She is American trained ..Make I no talk no more self

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:27am On Jan 05, 2021
kanuisagoat:

E don dey show o. Things no too dey move as before.

You remember that discussion we had? You were right, I finally figured it out. Now I no dey send, any rating wey you like give me. My account is never getting blocked wink

Which discussion be that? Abeg share, who no want everlasting account come what may

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:30am On Jan 05, 2021
izzou:

Correct Gee cool

I knew you'll discover it soon.

Boss, give us the code abeg
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:33am On Jan 05, 2021
Felicity0001:

Boss if that 1k no carry them come back with the AC on oooh then something is not right with the combustion system.

The honda civic can go an average of 44miles with a reserve tank.

Honda accord can do an average of 46miles on reserve.

I don't just speak without experience... I've done Akure to Benin on a reserve tank... That day I understood the real meaning of "heart in once mouth". But without AC ooh. That was when I knew how far reserve can go on a civic.

Also, I've done about 25km on a V6 Honda Accord as well on Ore-Benin Exp b4 I could refill my reserve tank.

Yes, just remembered another... Corolla 2003 model I did reserve tank from Ajah bridge to Abule egba. 11:35pm, O2 sensor on the car was even bad at the time.

Chai...you be aka gum grin To be driving on reserve like this even for lag-benin express road

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:50am On Jan 05, 2021
emmancecute:
is it safe to say the civic consumes more than the accord? 1k fuel to n fro oshodi to lekki phase 1 on AC? Bros fuel is now 164# ooooo. I remembered during my early days, i met a guy who told me his corolla would do about 40k on a 7k full tank. Me I kept wondering why the different corollas have used wouldn't even do 30k. Little did I know that uncle was using salt n pepper. Let's stop exagerating things.

No exaggerations Sir, here are a few facts:-

On a corolla 03 n above, 1k fuel can take you from Oshodi to Lekki Phase 1 and back with Ac.

Civic 03-07 saves more fuel than its Accord counterpart.

On a sound Corolla 03 n above you can make 35k Earnings minimum with 7k fuel, without surge. Normal dead driving o, not going from mainland to island to look for trip.

If your corollas can't do 30k with 7k fuel then u either drive long distances without passenger or your car is not in optimum performance.
Also check your driving attitude, accelerating and /or braking sharply and speeding excessively consumes more fuel than normal.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 6:22am On Jan 05, 2021
Pearl1910:

No exaggerations Sir, here are a few facts:-

On a corolla 03 n above, 1k fuel can take you from Oshodi to Lekki Phase 1 and back with Ac.

Civic 03-07 saves more fuel than its Accord counterpart.

On a sound Corolla 03 n above you can make 35k Earnings minimum with 7k fuel, without surge. Normal dead driving o, not going from mainland to island to look for trip.

If your corollas can't do 30k with 7k fuel then u either drive long distances without passenger or your car is not in optimum performance.
Also check your driving attitude, accelerating and /or braking sharply and speeding excessively consumes more fuel than normal.
I'm a veteran in this hustle and I know how this thing works. I know the accord consumes more than the civic but just wanted to point out the error in felicity001 statement. I doubt you can make 35k on a 7k fuel without surge. With the current pricing, you can't make more than x3 or x4 at most of the fuel bought.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:59am On Jan 05, 2021
davit:
Which light are you referring to? If it is CEL, you need to scan it. I can help if you re around Ikeja in the afternoon or Lekki before 10 am.
I am on the island, but not in Lagos currently.
Maybe later in the day
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:59am On Jan 05, 2021
Blackbishop:

Yes, hold for 5sec and see if it will go off
Okay, thanks Bro. I will try it, will the ignition be on?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:29am On Jan 05, 2021
emmancecute:
I'm a veteran in this hustle and I know how this thing works. I know the accord consumes more than the civic but just wanted to point out the error in felicity001 statement. I doubt you can make 35k on a 7k fuel without surge. With the current pricing, you can't make more than x3 or x4 at most of the fuel bought.

Vet Vet cheesy If Corolla does only x4 of fuel bought at the most then there wouldn't be any fuss about fuel conservation in corolla. Maybe u do short trips mostly or you never drive better corolla with ignition and combustion system intact. Like Felicity 0001 said and I second, (on a standard corolla) 1k fuel can take you from Oshodi to Lekki phase 1 and back without traffic. Oya calculate the earnings.

He didn't lie when he said he used reserve from Aja bridge to Abulegba busstop.

I know you are talking out of your own experience but that means u have been missing alot wink

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 7:31am On Jan 05, 2021
izzou:

Correct Gee cool

I knew you'll discover it soon.

Biko, make me discover am too nah? Izzou do you read me?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2021
emmancecute:
is it safe to say the civic consumes more than the accord? 1k fuel to n fro oshodi to lekki phase 1 on AC? Bros fuel is now 164# ooooo. I remembered during my early days, i met a guy who told me his corolla would do about 40k on a 7k full tank. Me I kept wondering why the different corollas have used wouldn't even do 30k. Little did I know that uncle was using salt n pepper. Let's stop exagerating things.

Unless such civic is problematic, there is no way civic will consume more fuel than accord.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:40am On Jan 05, 2021
LOL, it is very difficult to change very abruptly like that. Thought you said you were done with the oil and civic thinggy in 2020.
You're obsessed with educating people about oil and you might not change easily.

Happy New Year Dru23

dru23:

Please dont mind the Adanny01 spewing nonsense up and down about .. Instead of him to follow owners manual of the car....

Most car manufactures are now moving into thinner oil for fuel, emissions and other reasons.. So the engine will need to be built to accommodate those changes, the USA is having strict emissions rules, so those engine will need to be built to fit pass the emission law etc ......

Now since other countries don't have the same strict law as the USA ,car company can decide to built whatever nonsense they want to built for those poorer countries ..

Even Europe emission laws and safety are starting to follow the USA standard. All these requirements makes USA a very competitive car market... most car company know that the America is the most profit market to get in..

Than been said ,those cars been produce for less inferior market will have different specification on engine maintenance etc .. It is imperative that car owners read their owners manual at all times ..

Let me give example .. When checking your engine oil level ,the universal thing to do is check it in the morning when all the oil might have settle down and on flat ground not hilly ground ,but flat even ground to get accurate reading etc..

So I follow this rule when I woke up in the morning to my 2011 G25x oil level.. When I check it the dipstick showed oil is low .. I was worried, and I drove my car that day ..

So when I came back my mind was telling me to read owners manual etc .. I read it and the instructions was that before checking oil level .. Ran your to operate driving temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.. After that off the engine and let the car sit for 30 minutes.. After following the instructions I check my oil level and it was perfectly gauge .....

Now imagine if I didnt follow owners manual, I could have over fill the engine with oil and runied my car for good.....

My point is that we should use common sense and read car manual at all times... naija mechanics.. Make I no talk. This is why Radauto is doing well and people come to her shop .. She is American trained ..Make I no talk no more self

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 7:55am On Jan 05, 2021
computerglobal:

We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blinking44: 8:01am On Jan 05, 2021
Hi, Happy New year!
Please i need a good AC Technician in Lagos, my car Ac is no longer cool, and I just filled the gas less than a week. Though it has been like that for months now. Kindly recommend a good AC Technician.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2021
I too much like the way Felicity dey explain things, experience teaches you well than talk of mouth.

1k fuel can actually carry u from oshodi to Lekki and back with ac on. To me i feel most drivers don’t know how to drive i.e accelerating, braking and maneuvering, if u can’t master this u are not a driver.

Some just love stepping on the gas down to d metal and step on brake wen they are close to stopping point and expect good fuel consumption.

The way people Fire their Corolla wen the stoplight turn green i wonder what is chasing them, especially wen your car is not a racer car.

Na To drive Prius or Honda Civic hybrid de hungry me.

Please guru in the house @dru24, radauto, and those that have used it before to throw more light on the cars mentioned above I’ll really appreciate. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:09am On Jan 05, 2021
Duke111:
I too much like the way Felicity dey explain things, experience teaches you well than talk of mouth.

1k fuel can actually carry u from oshodi to Lekki and back with ac on. To me i feel most drivers don’t know how to drive i.e accelerating, braking and maneuvering, if u can’t master this u are not a driver.

Some just love stepping on the gas down to d metal and step on brake wen they are close to stopping point and expect good fuel consumption.

The way people Fire their Corolla at the stoplight turning green i wonder what is chasing them, especially wen your car is not a racer car.

Please guru in the house @dru24, radauto, and those that have used it before to throw more light on the cars mentioned above I’ll really appreciate. Thanks

Prius is undisputed king of hybrids. Unless you have tesla money (yes, I know it's not a hybrid) smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 8:11am On Jan 05, 2021
radautoworks:

Prius is undisputed king of hybrids. Unless you have tesla money (yes, I know it's not a hybrid) smiley

Tesla shocked We no get light for my adugbo like 2 days now grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:22am On Jan 05, 2021
grin grin grin
Duke111:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:25am On Jan 05, 2021
I read in the Punch today that another pilot was hacked to death at Badore, Ajah . I just wonder why some drivers are still risking their lives going to some bad spots. Even for daylight, I ve decided to stop going to some areas. I hope we all can apply this method too.

Bolt or uber doesn't care that much about us. So, no be by force to go on that trips even if they appear juicy. Drivers, make una wise up nah.
Remember, problem no dey finish o. You not fit solve all in a day.
Peace.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:28am On Jan 05, 2021
Duke111:

The way people Fire their Corolla wen the stoplight turn green i wonder what is chasing them, especially wen your car is not a racer car.

Correct!!!
And when I am on fuel conservation mission,, no matter how road free, I never go beyond 80km/hr. The more you speed, the more fuel the car drinks.

Another thing is the use of the right engine oil, it reduces friction and internal load the engine has to overcome.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:47am On Jan 05, 2021
Duke111:

my children dey try sleep na. What kind of nonsense laugh are you making me do in the middle of the night?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2021
Blinking44:
Hi, Happy New year!
Please i need a good AC Technician in Lagos, my car Ac is no longer cool, and I just filled the gas less than a week. Though it has been like that for months now. Kindly recommend a good AC Technician.
ibhv a very good guy infact if he no dey i go keep my car till comes back
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:03am On Jan 05, 2021
Na middle of the morning here o grin grin
radautoworks:
my children dey try sleep na. What kind of nonsense laugh are you making me do in the middle of the night?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:05am On Jan 05, 2021
Duke111:

As for hybrid cars, just avoid them for now. Yes, U save on gas but when their electrical/battery wahala start that your savings no go help u, if at all u kept the savings somewhere. 400k + for good battery pack. Plus we don't have very good and affordable mechanics/technicians for the car yet in Nigeria.

Dru has done extensive work on this and he is right, I agree with him.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:06am On Jan 05, 2021
Dovehorizon:

Lolz, you missed what I was trying to point out. if you know you wanna do such distance (oshodi-lekki phase1 and then back to your destination as u have said) then be magnanimous enough to buy atleast 3-5k fuel then check ur readings via the dashboard than the 1k you cited .

No b lie shall... Though my 1k was just being sarcastic shall... 2k should do grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:07am On Jan 05, 2021
radautoworks:

grin cheesy oga which country u dey? No forget your guys o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:12am On Jan 05, 2021
Blinking44:
Hi, Happy New year!

Check the cabin filter if it's dirty but if you're not satisfied, find your way to Ajose street, Maryland and call this number 08023364606.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:12am On Jan 05, 2021
Felicity0001:

No b lie shall... Though my 1k was just being sarcastic shall... 2k should do grin

He said 3 to 5k, why u stingy like dis grin this is 2021 o

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:16am On Jan 05, 2021
davit:
I read in the Punch today that another pilot was hacked to death at Badore, Ajah . I just wonder why some drivers are still risking their lives going to some bad spots. Even for daylight, I ve decided to stop going to some areas. I hope we all can apply this method too.

Bolt or uber doesn't care that much about us. So, no be by force to go on that trips even if they appear juicy. Drivers, make una wise up nah.
Remember, problem no dey finish o. You not fit solve all in a day.
Peace.

I don't think Badore is bad during the day, drivers just have to know when to put their lives first or risk the 800k. Life should always supersede dashboard, I'll never forget the day I was on a trip around 1am deep inside Ogumbo road... it is well.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2021
Felicity0001:

You're indeed an old man... Only old people have good memories like this. gringrin

grin memory sticks cos I have someone that felt cool for having the rain drained him and saw it as a blessing, but never get to complete that year.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2021
pope191:

I don't think Badore is bad during the day, drivers just have to know when to put their lives first or risk the 800k. Life should always supersede dashboard, I'll never forget the day I was on a trip around 1am deep inside Ogumbo road... it is well.

I once rejected a trip from Muri okuola to Badore on 4.2 surge becos of safety reasons,

Trip details:

3 guys

Time of d day around 2Am

Year 2019 December.

And that time it was not that bad but no amount of money worth your life.

Be always Safety conscious always...

God keep us and guide us!!!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:33am On Jan 05, 2021
Yawns. Still sleeping cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3297) (3298) (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: jstburner(m), Omoapena(m), Cineinfo(m), herkeem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.