Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4743062 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3310) (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
Gentlelife50:

You don't use AC when you drive alone?

Na so u like suffer? Baba enjoy the AC, it's not only meant for your riders the sun is too much naa cheesy
E shock me too o. I they even vex when rider tell me to off AC. grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
Duke111:
I use camry 03 too and my fuel consumption was the same as yours until i did a few tinx.
1. Check for engine light and scan to know the problem but if no engine light then

2. Clean or change air filter

3. Change ur plugs to iridium plugs

4. Check ur coil and change bad once.

5. Ensure ur tires are well guaged.

Now i use 3k for 11k or more and take note also of

I don’t dead drive
I don’t drive beyond 80km/h
I don’t use ac wen no rider is with me
I don’t brake abruptly wen driving
I don’t accelerate fast wen the traffic light turns green.

Lastly don’t allow ur fuel enter reserve

Peace.
nice points but for me i can't even drive without ac for this kain weather grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
Babadee1900:
E shock me too o. I they even vex when rider tell me to off AC. grin

Me don once cancel ride after rider say make I off AC inside hot sun.
Will I be poor and a wizard at the same time ?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2021
One girl wey I carry for morning say make I come make we go beach, I just reach she neva show sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
pope191:

Nothing to move here, we r just sharing tots. The last time I checked, the engine is 400k, let's think d eventual where his enemy have to change engine... 400k for engine, 18k for oil, 20k for mech, logistics may consume 10k, that is 450k. Boss this is business, learn to cut cost and maximise profit, if you want to break even.

Last month, I learnt someone I know bought a toks camry from US (1.5 plus clearance), after clearing and time to zoom, car refused to start. In nutshell, he is face with changing the engine, they toll the car from port. So u see why car matter is relative to me.

Yes I agree there is relativity based on ur personal experience but the general facts remain valid.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
eyinola:
nice points but for me i can't even drive without ac for this kain weather grin

want to maximize gas mileage? 45 and below turn off the AC. above 45 turn it on. Caveat: in Nigeria in traffic, turn it on grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
FuckEveryday:
One girl wey I carry for morning say make I come make we go beach, I just reach she neva show sad
Be careful o. LASG taskforce are seriously raiding beaches, night clubs this days oo.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Ain't no friend like dat green bottles, enjoy urself boss

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2021
shollywendy1:

Be careful o. LASG taskforce are seriously raiding beaches, night clubs this days oo.

Boss nah until u turn beer to alomo bitters for em mouth... let em enjoy the head of his life, faaji no get address

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

Yes I agree there is relativity based on ur personal experience but the general facts remain valid.

Sure general does, but I've learn not to trust general facts... once am d one wearing d shoe, I damn perception and decide what is best for me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReachRich(m): 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Are u an Uber/bolt or just a taxi driver who works in Lagos especially those who operate around the airport? Here is an opportunity for u to make extra bucks. Bring a customer that needs a hotel to lodge to Gregory University Guest House located at 110B Old Ewu Road, Aviation Estate Mafoloku off International Airport and get N2000. Gregory University Guest House is an 11 room guest house with
-24 hrs uninterrupted power supply
-all rooms with brand new functional a/c, large flat screen tv & refrigerator's
-free wifi service
-security
-Bar with assorted drinks
-Different delicacies on demand and more
for more info call 08036616829

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
confusedworld17:

You can imagine..inside hot sun.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
FuckEveryday:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2021
brogxy:

Loud it please
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Na so u like suffer? Baba enjoy the AC, it's not only meant for your riders the sun is too much naa cheesy

Even if na only me inside the car and I'm driving to my village, the temperature must be friendly. I don't even know if truly AC make car consume more fuel.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Using AC is not about wealth but health. See it’s not healthy at all to be in refrigerated air for too long cos of bone density later in life.

I use ac at extreme hot weather only and at home too but not for show of.

So my advice is earlier is on how the driver can minimize fuel consumption not as u stated.

As for me if am alone in d morning and evening i don’t use my Ac, cos i so much love the cool breeze.

Peace

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 7:56pm On Jan 09, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Its not even about sufferhead bro,its HEALTH issue. Too much of artificial cold is not good for the body.

Checkout the skin of folks in cold regions,and ours here,our skins are more healthy,and we are at lesser risk of some health challenges they do face.
That is still natural cold o,not to talk of artificial ones,i personally dont really fancy too much air conditioning,even if am richer than elon musk,i prefer the natural air.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Please be careful of public places, don't end up like this.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2021
radautoworks:
I have been awol for a while and catching up. It amuses me when you guys consider the cost of an engine when purchasing cars. No one worries about that here because it's not often an engine gets changed. It's only in Nigeria I've seen engine become part of routinely changed part.

PROPER MAINTENANCE WITH RIGHT FLUIDS AND YOU SHOULD REALLY GET 250-400K MILES OUT OF YOUR ENGINE DEPENDING ON THE BRAND. Even with conventional oil. We don't all put synthetic in cars overseas. Nigerians are always changing engine because of penny wise pound foolish mentality.

There only things to consider when buying a car for me are purpose of use, reliability, gas consumption, and comfort for purpose of use. I guarantee if you buy a car, let me do the initial inspection and routine maintenance, you will get 300k or more out of your engine and transmission no shaking. In about 30 years I have only had to change an engine once and that was because of bad oil. Also in 30 years the only major repair I have had is changing an ac compressor once and two oxygen sensor once. I have never changed anything else on a car except for brake pads. I tire for Nigerians.

Now you are right, the mentality or the unfortunate circumstances in Nigeria here is that, the multitude of car owner are bunch of professor by mouth, idiot by nature.

Imagine analysing the purpose of a thermostat to a man that claim to be ajala travel and the big guy was telling me, it is only useful outside the country a big man as claimed for that matter. Or telling a senior banker that the tyre pressure sticker on the door of his camry was meant to be followed and can you guess his reply? That will be too low let the tyre Technician gas 50PSI. I was perplexed and flabbergasted.
A medical doctor once had a bad engine and he called me to check after all was done, I asked this man to buy OCV and the car will be ok? This dude went and give it to another mech who went as far as bringing down the engine based on say the mech toast am say na to resurface the face of the cylinder, at the end mama na another engine solve d matter oooo

So madam some time the mentality a mech don give dem when Beetle was still reigning was the same mentality they are stuck with.

So how do you think they won't buy engine and the driving pattern of some big sissy claiming Jame Bond is another issue of how long you want your engine to last

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2021
IFSHR:

Since Thursday?

Hope you entered the right details and followed the reference number instructions correctly.

I paid just yesterday morning and it reflected by afternoon

I did everything well o.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

Send Uche a mail with proof of payment, it will reflect in less than 2hrs
Done that already. The ladies at the other end are saying it will take till Mon or Tues to resolve.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2021
Duke111:

Using AC is not about wealth but health. See it’s not healthy at all to be in refrigerated air for too long cos of bone density later in life.

I use ac at extreme hot weather only and at home too but not for show of.

So my advice is earlier is on how the driver can minimize fuel consumption not as u stated.

As for me if am alone in d morning and evening i don’t use my Ac, cos i so much love the cool breeze.

Peace
But u no talk am like this that time, anyways we are talking about the current Naija wether.
Not advisable at all, if the thing get too cold why don't you turn it off and allow room for warmth?
Or simply put it between hot and cold, that way it won't get too cold, something like lukewarm.
And I never said using AC is for showoffs, haba. I am doing it for me

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
radautoworks:
I have been awol for a while and catching up. It amuses me when you guys consider the cost of an engine when purchasing cars. No one worries about that here because it's not often an engine gets changed. It's only in Nigeria I've seen engine become part of routinely changed part.

PROPER MAINTENANCE WITH RIGHT FLUIDS AND YOU SHOULD REALLY GET 250-400K MILES OUT OF YOUR ENGINE DEPENDING ON THE BRAND. Even with conventional oil. We don't all put synthetic in cars overseas. Nigerians are always changing engine because of penny wise pound foolish mentality.

There only things to consider when buying a car for me are purpose of use, reliability, gas consumption, and comfort for purpose of use. I guarantee if you buy a car, let me do the initial inspection and routine maintenance, you will get 300k or more out of your engine and transmission no shaking. In about 30 years I have only had to change an engine once and that was because of bad oil. Also in 30 years the only major repair I have had is changing an ac compressor once and two oxygen sensor once. I have never changed anything else on a car except for brake pads. I tire for Nigerians.

I speak regarding that Honda evil spirit and not in general, like I pointed out about the guy that just gained engine problem from get go of buying a toks across water. On d 31st I pick a rider with his wife and they some wot make it clear to me, about going to buy a car, if I can help them to check, told them no, but I can call a mechanic around the area. The guy test drive four cars and it's just one problem or the other (Toks). I hope we can see this as an understanding chat and probably a room for me to learn.

Most Nigerians don't know about vehicles and we have this mindset mechanics are debious. Are they right? An average Nigerian is debious and anyone living in Lagos or Port Harcourt is expected not to have certain sluggishness or drag attitude in them, so need to check and balance on handling an average Nigerian seem important. On issues of using engine to 250k or 400k, most cars coming into Nigeria are almost DOA (most). Some have already done 280/300, Bishop and d geng will now fine tune it to 83k ( my father is watching them). Secondly, almost every new thing in this country outside cable wires are fake, courtesy of us going to China to demand for low quality as per the strength of our money. It is so bad that one is not sure of the beer or beverage one is consuming again as we have some folks producing these products in their sitting room, from mobile 1 to conventional mobile or any kind of oil moving the market is been refill somewhere in this country, conventional mobile practically dry up in cars now and if one does not carry out proper check before leaving home, that's how pearl1910 will b blowing reserve oil on 3rd mainland bridge to island grin So! in a nutshell, to maintain cars and trust the process in this country? it's either one is buying oil from Dru direct when its due for service or just forget about 100% accuracy, when it comes to taking care off cars with our local products.

As I can't tell d condition of the Honda presently I rest my case... But it won't b advisable to make a profit of 200k after 3 months and use 150k to solve problems, that is hustling backward. I know what my first car use my eyes to see, Just the door handle, I can't get it else where unless Ladipo, even with that "Go ask Obi, u don check Ugo place, if nah Toyota now, I get", the stress just doesn't worth it.

Please I'll like to know, do the vulcanizer's over there use fufu to fix tyre? Just wondering

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
confusedworld17:

You're an Igbo man from Imo State
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
pope191:

I speak regarding that Honda evil spirit and not in general, like I pointed out about the guy that just gained engine problem from get go of buying a toks across water. On d 31st I pick a rider with his wife and they some wot make it to understand they are about going to buy a car, if I can help them to check, told them now, but I can call a mechanic around the area. The guy test drive four cars and it's just one problem or the other (Toks). So I hope we can see this as an understanding chat and probably a room for me to learn.

Most Nigerians don't know about vehicles and we have this mindset mechanics are debious. Are they right? An average Nigerian is debious and anyone living in Lagos or Port Harcourt is expected not to have certain sluggishness or drag attitude in them, so need to check and balance on handling an average Nigerian seem important. On issues of using engine to 250k to 400k, most cars coming into Nigeria are almost DOA (most). Some have already done 280/300, Bishop and d geng will now fine tune it to 83k ( my father is watching them). Secondly, almost every new thing in this country outside cable wire are fake, courtesy of us going to China to demand for low quality as per the strength of our money. It is so bad that one is not sure of the beer or beverage one is consuming again as we have some folks producing this products in their sitting room, from mobile 1 to conventional mobile or any kind of oil moving the market is been refill somewhete in this country, conventional mobile practically dry up in cars now and if one does not carry out proper check before leaving home, that's how pearl19 will b blowing reserve oil on 3rd mainland bridge to island grin So in a nutshell, to maintain cars and trust the process in this country? it's either one is buying oil from Dru direct when its due for service or just forget about 100% accuracy, when it comes to taking care off cars.

As I can't tell d condition of the Honda presently I rest my case... But it won't b advisable to make a profit of 200k after 3 months and use 150k to solve problems, that is hustling backward. I know what my first car use my eyes to see, Just the door handle, I can't get it else where unless Ladipo, even with that "Go ask Obi, u don check Ugo place, if nah Toyota now, I get", the stress just doesn't worth it.

Please I'll like to know, do the vulcanizer''s over there use fufu to fix tyre? Just wondering
Reason why I sticked to buying my oil from him (Dru) "gangan leleyi"

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
brogxy:

grin grin angry

Na only girls task force dey catch ni. But damn these virginal people no dey let their ttotto rest...wuber drivers sef dey go one day off per week..

Ttootto be like car engine..make them allow am rest

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2021
drmikeadams:
grin grin angry

Na only girls task force dey catch ni. But damn these virginal people no dey let their ttotto rest...wuber drivers sef dey go one day off per week..

Ttootto be like car engine..make them allow am rest
Here they are. Both gender

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
pope191:

Please I'll like to know, do the vulcanizer''s over there use fufu to fix tyre? Just wondering

Kwakwakwakwakwa......the thing funny fa

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
peeps4u:

Kwakwakwakwakwa......the thing funny fa

ROFL! No, there is material for that and it's Free with the service
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
pope191:

I speak regarding that Honda evil spirit and not in general, like I pointed out about the guy that just gained engine problem from get go of buying a toks across water. On d 31st I pick a rider with his wife and they some wot make it to understand they are about going to buy a car, if I can help them to check, told them now, but I can call a mechanic around the area. The guy test drive four cars and it's just one problem or the other (Toks). So I hope we can see this as an understanding chat and probably a room for me to learn.

Most Nigerians don't know about vehicles and we have this mindset mechanics are debious. Are they right? An average Nigerian is debious and anyone living in Lagos or Port Harcourt is expected not to have certain sluggishness or drag attitude in them, so need to check and balance on handling an average Nigerian seem important. On issues of using engine to 250k to 400k, most cars coming into Nigeria are almost DOA (most). Some have already done 280/300, Bishop and d geng will now fine tune it to 83k ( my father is watching them). Secondly, almost every new thing in this country outside cable wire are fake, courtesy of us going to China to demand for low quality as per the strength of our money. It is so bad that one is not sure of the beer or beverage one is consuming again as we have some folks producing this products in their sitting room, from mobile 1 to conventional mobile or any kind of oil moving the market is been refill somewhete in this country, conventional mobile practically dry up in cars now and if one does not carry out proper check before leaving home, that's how pearl19 will b blowing reserve oil on 3rd mainland bridge to island grin So in a nutshell, to maintain cars and trust the process in this country? it's either one is buying oil from Dru direct when its due for service or just forget about 100% accuracy, when it comes to taking care off cars.

Dru23 and madam radauto work. Over to you.
Kindly help pope ministry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2021
Pope191,

Because something is made in China, doesn't make it fake...

See as you just cast my dream country angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
davit:

Done that already. The ladies at the other end are saying it will take till Mon or Tues to resolve.

That's strange...take it in good faith. All things works together for good... God knows best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3310) (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.