Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4742197 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:45am On Jan 10, 2021
shollywendy1:

Dru23 and madam radauto work. Over to you.
Kindly help pope ministry

Sometimes I dey wonder whether oyinbo dey use sand fry groundnut?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:23am On Jan 10, 2021
shollywendy1:

Reason why I sticked to buying my oil from him (Dru) "gangan leleyi"

boss kindly show us the way... grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2021
peeps4u:

Kwakwakwakwakwa......the thing funny fa

At least we have our own method and not copying from anyone this time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:29am On Jan 10, 2021
izzou:
Pope191,

Because something is made in China, doesn't make it fake...

See as you just cast my dream country angry

Lol grin Sure I know China makes durable stuffs, but it seems most of the fake products are based on demand.

I don't know much about China, but I think it's best to go complete your mission and leave. Living in a communist country like China can be something else, they regulate almost everything there.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 6:44am On Jan 10, 2021
radautoworks:

ROFL! No, there is material for that and it's Free with the service

How on earth did we come about Fufu to patch tire.

With Nigerians there is a way.

Mama rad otutu oma o oo in dis part of the world
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:59am On Jan 10, 2021
Duke111:

How on earth did we come about Fufu to patch tire.

With Nigerians there is a way.

Mama rad otutu oma o oo in dis part of the world
I'm guessing necessity became the mother of invention lol

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2021
pope191:

Lol grin Sure I know China makes durable stuffs, but it seems most of the fake products are based on demand.

I don't know much about China, but I think it's best to go complete your mission and leave. Living in a communist country like China can be something else, they regulate almost everything there.

Nigeria is a poor country, and most of its population would pick affordability first, before durability

Check the price for brake pads in the USA. I'm very sure that almost everybody here would prefer to pay the normal #2500 to #3000 than spend $29 or $55 (excluding shipping) for it.

I remember a particular part I had for sale. I had the original (someone brought it from Germany) and I had the China own.

The original was #20,000 while the Chinese was #7,000. In the past four months, I have sold the Chinese version back to back, but only one man bought the original (after much convincing)

Imagine if I decided to make my livelihood on only selling that original part. I'm sure I'll be in my village now

You're right about having fake parts though

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:23am On Jan 10, 2021
izzou:

Nigeria is a poor country, and most of its population would pick affordability first, before durability

Check the price for brake pads in the USA. I'm very sure that almost everybody here would prefer to pay the normal #2500 to #3000 than spend $29 or $55 (excluding shipping) for it.

I remember a particular part I had for sale. I had the original (someone brought it from Germany) and I had the China own.

The original was #20,000 while the Chinese was #7,000. In the past four months, I have sold the Chinese version back to back, but only one man bought the original (after much convincing)

Imagine if I decided to make my livelihood on only selling that original part. I'm sure I'll be in my village now

And this point is exactly why I stopped harping on the actual parts themselves and started focusing more on diagnosis, education and repair. I now advice customers who can't afford our parts (especially since the inflation has priced a lot of them out) to get their own parts once we diagnose and we do the repair for them or go elsewhere. At least they know what is wrong with the car.

The economic climate forces one's hand so if it means "China part" is all the customer can afford then let us at least make sure they are getting the right part. Does it affect our numbers, yes a little but that was never the point. An overhaul of this industry was.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2021
northbird:

10k net or 10k gross. If it's 10k net ( after commission)

I don't think that's high for a camry. If it was a regular corrolla, then surely that is too much consumption.

its 10k gross oooo....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2021
peeps4u:

And I hope you don't waste fuel driving around hoping to get trips?
not at all....I don't do that . the thing still battles me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 7:37am On Jan 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

Very high o. Hope it is 4plugs and not a V6 engine.
Cos 4plugs Big daddy counterparts make at least (minimum) 3k on every 1k fuel.

Scan ur car even if there is no check engine light on.

Also check ur driving pattern, don't speed too much, don't accelerate sharply. 80km/h max speed no matter how free d road is.

Make sure all your tyres are properly guaged.

Don't drive around too much looking for trips (dead driving).

Good luck

I will have to scan it to see what is wrong. people are suggesting it might be catalyst
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2021
radautoworks:

And this point is exactly why I stopped harping on the actual parts themselves and started focusing more on diagnosis, education and repair. I now advice customers who can't afford our parts (especially since the inflation has priced a lot of them out) to get their own parts once we diagnose and we do the repair for them or go elsewhere. At least they know what is wrong with the car.

The economic climate forces one's hand so if it means "China part" is all the customer can afford then let us at least make sure they are getting the right part. Does it affect our numbers, yes a little but that was never the point. An overhaul of this industry was.

The economic climate really forces one's hand in this country, and that's why we have "China parts" littered everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Otunbalai(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2021
ksmart027:

Is your check engine light on, a lot of things can cause high fuel consumption. Fill your fuel tank, reset the trip meter drive till you get to reserve let's know how many miles you get per gallon.

my check engine is not on....in fact, everything is working perfectly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2021
radautoworks:

I'm glad that we're understanding the Nigerian economic climate as it is. Na try we dey try, we're not equipped financially and tool wise!
There was a time I helped someone to go move some goods with a VW of 1996 or so. FRSC stopped us and said the Tires have expired, they actually were expecting that he buy tires of 17k times 4 sad Saying that if you can't afford to use a car, don't buy it. I was driven crazy by that statement, but I just kept my cool and was looking at the FRSC lady. Las las, the DL I gave em was a clean photocopy that was cut into the size of the original and even made solid like one. The lady detected (though I didn't claim it to be the original), so there was nothing to hold us down other than to ask us to go and make sure to buy new tires.
And that is why I always give kudos to our technicians here, especially those that like to learn. I want to believe all the great mechs in the house didn't learn all they do in Nigerian schools but are using their ability to read and understand to follow up on trends within the automobile industry. E no easy, una well done!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:14am On Jan 10, 2021
izzou:

Boss I completely go with you points, but I feel one of our major problem is awareness and mindset, barely anyone I share oil matter with, doesn't go with my point of view (they just laff it off grin).I remember this woman that came to buy Dextron 2 while at the filling station, the fact that she was trying to get 2 litres drew my attention and the "Amebo" in me was force to ask her, hope she's not trying to top over used oil? There goes the story... ehn! It's my late husband that used to get all these things. So I asked, what brand of oil do you have in the car before? I don't even know. Make of car? Toyota Camry. Madam take that car to an expert and let them do their work, but be ready to cough out 16k for oil at least... she looked at me with a straight eyes, like 16k for oil? Do I even know what am saying cheesy well! I've passed my service to humanity to her, the rest is her own cross to carry. I use the conventional oil on my car for now, and it is plainly due to ignorance. When God bless me with another, I obviously won't be trying that.

On issue of fake products, I won't patronise anyone that uses fake stuff to fix car for me, even if it is due to my ignorance, you should be able to convince me. My mech like a brother knows that and they are things he doesn't do... he won't hit the 3k5 hub for clients, he tells them to seek elsewhere. My first mech will change pad and all the rims will b so dusty after a day drive, the noise when steping on break makes me sick. I feel some folks are willing to buy original, but trusting the system is another thing. I once bought a kick for 13k, just to find out it is 8k elsewhere. Cheat hurts, but I let go of 5, 6k as long as you are giving me something that worth it. All in all, I'm not really into perception, just do what works for you and the brand you want to be known for.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shina101(m): 8:32am On Jan 10, 2021
Good Morning guys, what can be the cause of error P0171 - PowerTrain System too lean (Bank 1) and P0705 transmission range sensor circuit malfunction (PRNDL input)?

cc Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
kingreignn
smartchoiice
dru23
nurey,
diportivo
thebigkendo
autoelectng
weyreypey
Obekediamondfuto
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2021
pope191:

Boss I completely go with you points, but I feel one of our major problem is awareness and mindset, barely anyone I share oil matter with, doesn't go with my point of view (they just laff it off grin).I remember this woman that came to buy Dextron 2 while at the filling station, the fact that she was trying to get 2 litres drew my attention and the "Amebo" in me was force to ask her, hope she's not trying to top over used oil? There goes the story... ehn! It's my late husband that used to get all these things. So I asked, what brand of oil do you have in the car before? I don't even know. Make of car? Toyota Camry. Madam take that car to an expert and let them do their work, but be ready to cough out 16k for oil at least... she looked at me with a straight eyes, like 16k for oil? Do I even know what am saying cheesy well! I've passed my service to humanity to her, the rest is her own cross to carry. I use the conventional oil on my car for now, and it is plainly due to ignorance. When God bless me with another, I obviously won't be trying that.

On issue of fake products, I won't patronise anyone that uses fake stuff to fix car for me, even if it is due to my ignorance, you should be able to convince me. My mech like a brother knows that and they are things he doesn't do... he won't hit the 3k5 hub for clients, he tells them to seek elsewhere. My first mech will change pad and all the rims will b so dusty after a day drive, the noise when steping on break makes me sick. I feel some folks are willing to buy original, but trusting the system is another thing. I once bought a kick for 13k, just to find out it is 8k elsewhere. Cheat hurts, but I let go of 5, 6k as long as you are giving me something that worth it. All in all, I'm not really into perception, just do what works for you and the brand you want to be known for.

Yeah, that's true. I would never advice anyone to use fake parts on a car. But the whole discussion is about Chinese parts dominating the original, and it's largely because of our economic predicament

I remember when GIGM rebranded. They were using Toyota Hiace and Mercedes Sprinter buses. Today, na China bus full their park.

Haulage companies used to use Man, Iveco and Scania (Brand new). Today, they all have Howo, Shacman and Jac in their fleet.

If Uber drivers buy only Original parts for their vehicles, a lot of us would drop this hustle because it wouldn't be worth it.

An original Goodyear tyre is about #40000 in the US (excluding shipping). Imagine buying four and then one gets damaged because of bad roads.....

Nigeria problem follow for why people dey choose China everyday

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:49am On Jan 10, 2021
confusedworld17:

Will I be poor and a wizard at the same time ?

Oh my jezz!! Hahaha

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2021
Lagos State, 0805hrs: Federal Government has announced plans to shift the closure on Third Mainland Bridge from the current diversion point towards Oworoshoki and closing of Lagos Island bound carriageway including Adekunle Slip road for two weeks starting from Wednesday 13th January, 2021 to 27th January, 2021 to enable her remove, replace, and cast in the place the current diversion point. Staff are advised to plan their movements, make use of alternative route and maintain situational awareness.
Guys, pick your trips wisely
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by temi4fash(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2021
radautoworks:

want to maximize gas mileage? 45 and below turn off the AC. above 45 turn it on. Caveat: in Nigeria in traffic, turn it on grin

Do you mean 45 degrees Celsius?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2021
izzou:

Yeah, that's true. I would never advice anyone to use fake parts on a car. But the whole discussion is about Chinese parts dominating the original, and it's largely because of our economic predicament

I remember when GIGM rebranded. They were using Toyota Hiace and Mercedes Sprinter buses. Today, na China bus full their park.

Haulage companies used to use Man, Iveco and Scania (Brand new). Today, they all have Howo, Shacman and Jac in their fleet.

If Uber drivers buy only Original parts for their vehicles, a lot of us would drop this hustle because it wouldn't be worth it.

An original Goodyear tyre is about #40000 in the US (excluding shipping). Imagine buying four and then one gets damaged because of bad roads.....

Nigeria problem follow for why people dey choose China everyday

At bolded grin you just remind me of PMT buses that flood their Owerri park..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2021
Pope191, go to the front page and mail the Supermods

They would unban you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 12:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
Oh how I hate sunday mornings. You go just dey carry short distance house to church discount trips of N300, N400. Na so I carry one last week on a surge trip. Fare was N800, she shouted, said she has never paid more than four or five hundred.

And I was like, these riders no dey fear God. Make I carry this my fine motor with oye tight AC con carry you from house to church for N400 naira.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Oh how I hate sunday mornings. You go just dey carry short distance house to church discount trips of N300, N400. Na so I carry one last week on a surge trip. Fare was N800, she shouted, said she has never paid more than four or five hundred.

And I was like, these riders no dey fear God. Make I carry this my fine motor with oye tight AC con carry you from house to church for N400 naira.

Most times doing short trips makes me feel like a fool. Imagine short trip of 400 on Uber/bolt and okada will charge 200 for dat same trip. SMH

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by josephogaga: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
Felicity0001:

@bishop and you collected 8k for spark plug from me? Oyah vomit my 2k now

I don't know u me,u don't know me, y saying that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
Slickleo:

Most times doing short trips makes me feel like a fool. Imagine short trip of 400 on Uber/bolt and okada will charge 200 for dat same trip. SMH

And sometimes no be one person o. You'll carry three of them. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ChopBellefull(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bolt account for sale... No scam.

Reason for sale:: sold my car and venturing into something else.. uber sef dey but cause of verification people say they don't buy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
ChopBellefull:

Reason for sale:: sold my car and venturing into something else.. uber sef dey but cause of verification people say they don't buy

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wartsnigeria: 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
ChopBellefull:

I don't understand, is bolt registration not free? Why would anyone want to buy or sell an account?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
Wartsnigeria:

I don't understand, is bolt registration not free? Why would anyone want to buy or sell an account?
if u newly register sef dem go back u 5star 100% activity score grin

Meanwhile shey this one na joke abi abt exactly

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
Wartsnigeria:

Na for Those wey bolt don ban for life.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.