Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,498 members, 7,854,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:07 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4859805 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) ... (5717) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
solid3:
hello guys, i have 06 corolla in abuja, and the person managing it for me is delivering 20k on weekly basis but I want 25k weekly. I dont deal with the driver, i deal with the guy managing the car. Am I asking for too much please?

Lol...Yes, cos the person managing it for you is getting his commission too. Except you are paying the person management fee already.

Or if you can, u get a driver and manage your driver yourself and collect your 25k direct. grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
peeps4u:

My bad, thought I read camry grin

e dey happen bros... Some times self person no dey fit spell "boy". You will now begin to ask your friend "guy abeg spell "boy" for me"gringrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2021
Wartsnigeria:

25/7 divided by 7. That's about 3500 daily.

25 divided 6 should be a better deal for u...

E get why (in Pope's voice)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
solid3:
hello guys, i have 06 corolla in abuja, and the person managing it for me is delivering 20k on weekly basis but I want 25k weekly. I dont deal with the driver, i deal with the guy managing the car. Am I asking for too much please?
No sir but you are also asking for wahala join because you really dont have an idea of the wahala drivers gives that your manager. Manage it yourself and ask for 25k or even 30k then come back and tell us if the different is worth it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
IFSHR:

Ignore and go for your inspection

I saw this and login to my bolt app and swiped
“Go online”and guess what ? gbagan gbagan na so I quickly accept ooh and waited for rider to cancel.
The last time I saw this app was in 2019 March/April. Does that mean that old drivers don’t need to re-upload docs like insurance, road worthiness and likes. Well let me try Uber if it will work too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wartsnigeria: 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
Crvrider:

Nope bros 25/7 na 3.57~3.6

Lol, just approximated down.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
Wartsnigeria:

Why vehicle is not registered? It was imported by my colleague thru his brother in canada, the plan was to give it out for uber, there was delay in shipping and other logistics, by the time it got here, his documents were ready and he needed to leave Nigeria permanently, so I decided to buy it with the intention of reselling it later. I only bought it to help him raise money faster for travel expenses .
Oh ic.

I'm sure its not your only ride, if its not then you can give it out on rental but if it is I'd advised you drive it yourself.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
To the main matter
Bros, Abeg if na you I tried settling the issue of insurance after the accident this morning, how did it go ? Cos I realized the Uber lady wasn’t ready to use insurance and me no get time.

House let me brief you.
There was an accident in Surulere Uber lady red Toyota Camry and Uber guy grey Toyota Corolla. Corolla guy was at fault and agreed to use his insurance but the girl said 3rd party insurance won’t work, I tried to convince her that it works but didn’t agree, she called plenty people to intervene. Na there I run i need social distance biko.

But I wish to know how far cos after 3hrs they were still there
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
BAZ001:
To the main matter
Bros, Abeg if na you I tried settling the issue of insurance after the accident this morning, how did it go ? Cos I realized the Uber lady wasn’t ready to use insurance and me no get time.

House let me brief you.
There was an accident in Surulere Uber lady red Toyota Camry and Uber guy grey Toyota Corolla. Corolla guy was at fault and agreed to use his insurance but the girl said 3rd party insurance won’t work, I tried to convince her that it works but didn’t agree, she called plenty people to intervene. Na there I run i need social distance biko.

But I wish to know how far cos after 3hrs they were still there

You hit my car and you've a 3rd party insurance and you're telling me to talk to your insurance while i let you go?? Azin you dey mad ni For Inside this obodo 9ja? Even if na comprehensive insurance you get who cares? Ogbeni cover the cost from your pocket while you dig it out with your insurance yourself for a refund. Why would I be that still need to go pass through the stress of going through your insurance for a reclaim before I can fix my car or after?

The guy would have settle the lady and then take pictures and other evidence needed for him to reclaim the money he gave her from the insurance. Simple. He'll pay more if they find themselves for police station.

This is the advice you would have given to the guy bros not trying to explain to the young lady.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wartsnigeria: 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

Oh ic.

I'm sure its not your only ride, if its not then you can give it out on rental but if it is I'd advised you drive it yourself.

I have actually never driven it beyond LUTH premises and that's just one time. I drive a hybrid Lexus against all odds as set by Mr dru23.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lolitadauz(f): 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
Good evening house, please I want to make some enquiries. Is Honda Civic 2012 model good for this business
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
lolitadauz:
Good evening house, please I want to make some enquiries. Is Honda Civic 2012 model good for this business
no! too big for the hustle. the fare doesn't fit the car

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

You hit my car and you've a 3rd party insurance and you're telling me to talk to your insurance while i let you go?? Azin you dey mad ni For Inside this obodo 9ja? Even if na comprehensive insurance you get who cares? Ogbeni cover the cost from your pocket while you dig it out with your insurance yourself for a refund. Why would I be that still need to go pass through the stress of going through your insurance for a reclaim before I can fix my car or after?

The guy would have settle the lady and then take pictures and other evidence needed for him to reclaim the money he gave her from the insurance. Simple. He'll pay more if they find themselves for police station.

This is the advice you would have given to the guy bros not trying to explain to the young lady.

You know say you long epistle they confuse people most times rather than convincing.
Are you saying you don’t have to take the victim to the insurance company?
All you need is to take pictures and go to insurance company to get refund ?
Pls if you ve done that before give me the insurance coy nam.

Well the little I know about insurance, they will rather pay your mechanic/ parts than give either of you cash just like that. They will get estimate from your Mecho or offer to take to their own Mecho if you don’t mind. So at what point will dey pay back , by only seeing pictures and not the main car ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lolitadauz(f): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
emmancecute:

Okay, thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
topsydee007:
I'm here again.

I'm the one trying migrate my account from Abuja to lagos.

I think the account has been migrated cos I opened my bolt app and I see a fresh account with no vehicle attached.

I understand I have to do another inspection report but on the page of inspection report I saw HACKNEY PERMIT AND VEHICLE BODY TAG PERMIT. ..

Will I need to get those two permit or I should ignore them

Please forgive my curiosity

How did you migrate it pls? I have a friend who wants to move to lagos from ibadan

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
@ Felicity,

Pls what's the market value of 2 acres of cassava at full maturity.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
Wartsnigeria:
. If you can't use Google to get basic information like this, how do you intend to survive in Lagos?
Sometimes,real life answers are prefered though,thats why this thread was created.

I personally,prefer getting first hand information from real people rather than bot programmed answers.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hvac: 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

En! Looking for plane inside Uber thread?

I think British Airways does oohgrin
but you should know that Uber driver's takes riders to airport often.
And just like okada riders, you guys knows everywhere and almost everything whithin Lagos, just as you can tell more about the current state of 3mb... I have not passed there this year but you may have passed 3 or more times this year, so you have more information/knowledge than I do in that system.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
tunbe:
grin as I nor get money to buy am cash nko. Wetin man go do
Lord Almighty will multiply your income.
Amen!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
Wartsnigeria:

I have actually never driven it beyond LUTH premises and that's just one time. I drive a hybrid Lexus against all odds as set by Mr dru23.

Get it registered and recruit a driver for it then. 25k is standard for a corolla. Don't do 100% maintenance but pls dont ask me "why?"

Fix the car to a good standard, that's if it has any issue. Carry out the first servicing. Body work? Fix it and spray.

The driver should be taking care of servicing at every 2000 or 3000miles. This us how you shiuld go about it.

Reset the "A" odo meter then tell him to bring the car to you @every 2000,2500 or 3000miles (according to professional advice) for servicing and when he's coming he should come along side a semi synthetic oil (it's N5,500 for the now). Oil filter maybe 1500 or the 2.5k own. But if you choose to use full synthetic Sir please know that no driver will be ready to do that from his/her pocket ooh so you may have to come on that.

As for the maintenance, let driver handle minor issues but if at the end of the month the accumulation on general maintenance that very minth is above 10k and within 20k on his path with a total remittance of N100k, then it will be nice of you to do a refund to him like a bonus for that month.

For cases of accident, theft and other kinds... Sir pls get a comprehensive insurance. For minor scratches and bashes driver should be able to take care of it without even involving you or the insurance company. Me if I jam person or person jam me I take care of it without even involving my partner unless it's very serious. i.e how me I work ooh. I can't talk for another person.

Insurance companies wey get sense should know that they should install a tracker on their cars. You can install yourself for person tracking and to aviod stories like the one luxerydriver posted lately on his channel.

P.S: pictorial evidence of repairs in your absence should be forwarded to you WhatsApp for records keeping.

Am I missing any thing? Please ask where necessary.

These are the few managerial skills I've acquired in my few years on the hustle.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
Wartsnigeria:

Why vehicle is not registered? It was imported by my colleague thru his brother in canada, the plan was to give it out for uber, there was delay in shipping and other logistics, by the time it got here, his documents were ready and he needed to leave Nigeria permanently, so I decided to buy it with the intention of reselling it later. I only bought it to help him raise money faster for travel expenses .

Resist the urge to shalaye cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
BAZ001:

I saw this and login to my bolt app and swiped
“Go online”and guess what ? gbagan gbagan na so I quickly accept ooh and waited for rider to cancel.
The last time I saw this app was in 2019 March/April. Does that mean that old drivers don’t need to re-upload docs like insurance, road worthiness and likes. Well let me try Uber if it will work too

Lolz...on bolt, the car is still active until you drive for 6months straight I guess. Had same experience for a car I had sold for almost two years and stopped using but was still active on d app.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
emmancecute:

Abegi...which one be fare doesn't fit the car...people are using 2016 corolla, 2014 Camry, 2012 Matrix, and different SUVs. Warts just said he uses Lexus hybrid...most important thing is knowing cost of parts, fuel consumption and durability of the car.

lolitadauz:

The car is good for the business:
fuel consumption is good, Cost of parts are generally fair and Car is strong and durable... Its a Honda afteral.
I assume u have it already but if u want to buy then I advise u go for an earlier year cos of cost of purchase.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
BAZ001:

You know say you long epistle they confuse people most times rather than convincing.
Are you saying you don’t have to take the victim to the insurance company?
All you need is to take pictures and go to insurance company to get refund ?
Pls if you ve done that before give me the insurance coy nam.

Well the little I know about insurance, they will rather pay your mechanic/ parts than give either of you cash just like that. They will get estimate from your Mecho or offer to take to their own Mecho if you don’t mind. So at what point will dey pay back , by only seeing pictures and not the main car ?

Boss my episodes are as a reault of verse experience and challenges of life I've encountered and if all you get from them is confusion then I can Only say you've not started experiencing life in its fullest.

Anyways, experience from the picture below, mutual benefit insurance.
The man that ran into my car gave me N50k only, a reclaim form was given to me by my partner from his Ins. Agent. I drafted cost of repair and wrote my statement, took a snap copy of the other man's Ins. Doc (3rd), stated amouth that i received. Every expenses was drafted on a latter headed format of the mechanic with his account details. Everything including pictures forwarded to Ins.Agent for venting and processing.

The whole process can take a month or there about but if you have a good rapo with your Ins.Agent you can have a reclaim within a month.

That's for comprehensive I don't know neither have I heard where 3rd party insurance gave or did anything. If you have experience before please share let's also learn from you.

I hope that with these few points of my with pictorial evidence I've been able to convince and not confuse you need not take both cars to insurance before accident issues can be resolved.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

Boss my episodes are as a reault of verse experience and challenges of life I've encountered and if all you get from them is confusion then I can Only say you've not started experiencing life in its fullest.

Anyways, experience from the picture below, mutual benefit insurance.
The man that ran into my car gave me N50k only, a reclaim form was given to me by my partner from his Ins. Agent. I drafted cost of repair and wrote my statement, took a snap copy of the other man's Ins. Doc (3rd), stated amouth that i received. Every expenses was drafted on a latter headed format of the mechanic with his account details. Everything including pictures forwarded to Ins.Agent for venting and processing.

The whole process can take a month or there about but if you have a good rapo with your Ins.Agent you can have a reclaim within a month.

That's for comprehensive I don't know neither have I heard where 3rd party insurance gave or did anything. If you have experience before please share let's also learn from you.

I hope that with these few points of my with pictorial evidence I've been able to convince and not confuse you need not take both cars to insurance before accident issues can be resolved.

Approximately 2months after car has been fix... Owner sold it.

C pix below.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Warts just said he uses Lexus hybrid...most important thing is knowing cost of parts, fuel consumption and durability of the car.

Its good to farabale at times before talking/typing.

I don't think wart ever said he drives on Uber and personal driving is very different from commercial because your ROI matters.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
lolitadauz:

Okay, thanks

Ma'am the categories of cars I consider too big for the hustle are cars with bigger engines like V6 and above.

People use 2010 and above for the hustle and they are still having good income. If you can afford it pls go ahead but it will be wise to instead get a Toyota because a day will come when you'll consider selling the car and its imperative to consider the resale value when compared to the year, model and class of the car. So I would advise you buy 2010 corolla.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
northbird:
@ Felicity,

Pls what's the market value of 2 acres of cassava at full maturity.

Ha! Boss this is base on a lot of parameters oooh. Like of your farm location, agr of the cassava(12-18months are always expensive), spacie, the season/time at which you're selling, how well planted the farm is, maintenance of your farm, animal invasion and a few more.

Like in Benin where my farm is situated, we at feltheoagrofarms sold an acre for N250k immediately after the lockdown.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
hvac:
but you should know that Uber driver's takes riders to airport often.
And just like okada riders, you guys knows everywhere and almost everything whithin Lagos, just as you can tell more about the current state of 3mb... I have not passed there this year but you may have passed 3 or more times this year, so you have more information/knowledge than I do in that system.

No be lie bros... You're absolutely right.

Lagos to Kano... All the riders I've taken to local airport going to Kano has always been airpeace oooh and it as always been through MMA1 which is the old local airport. Maybe you can try Airik always.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

Get it registered and recruit a driver for it then. 25k is standard for a corolla. Don't do 100% maintenance but pls dont ask me "why?"

Fix the car to a good standard, that's if it has any issue. Carry out the first servicing. Body work? Fix it and spray.

The driver should be taking care of servicing at every 2000 or 3000miles. This us how you shiuld go about it.

Reset the "A" odo meter then tell him to bring the car to you @every 2000,2500 or 3000miles (according to professional advice) for servicing and when he's coming he should come along side a semi synthetic oil (it's N5,500 for the now). Oil filter maybe 1500 or the 2.5k own. But if you choose to use full synthetic Sir please know that no driver will be ready to do that from his/her pocket ooh so you may have to come on that.

As for the maintenance, let driver handle minor issues but if at the end of the month the accumulation on general maintenance that very minth is above 10k and within 20k on his path with a total remittance of N100k, then it will be nice of you to do a refund to him like a bonus for that month.

For cases of accident, theft and other kinds... Sir pls get a comprehensive insurance. For minor scratches and bashes driver should be able to take care of it without even involving you or the insurance company. Me if I jam person or person jam me I take care of it without even involving my partner unless it's very serious. i.e how me I work ooh. I can't talk for another person.

Insurance companies wey get sense should know that they should install a tracker on their cars. You can install yourself for person tracking and to aviod stories like the one luxerydriver posted lately on his channel.

P.S: pictorial evidence of repairs in your absence should be forwarded to you WhatsApp for records keeping.

Am I missing any thing? Please ask where necessary.

These are the few managerial skills I've acquired in my few years on the hustle.

You are correct on some aspects but because this is public space and many people will see this now and want to replicate let me categorically state that when u drive on rental, d owner of the car is d owner of the car, so am thinking why a driver will be servicing and doing repairs in my car for me. Why will he use his money to improve my asset for me??

To cut long story short, except when the driver is complicit or at fault, I/Insurance will do the repairs, I do the regular servicing and I have control over all my vehicles (trackers). Don't allow somebody go and be repairing car half harzardly, or use fake parts for you, or be giving stories of d cost of repairs later.

Logistics 101: driver must inform owner and get permission for every pin he is removing, adding, fixing, adjusting, improving, enhancing or whatever on the vehicle he is driving. If its an emergency its understandable that u see yourself out of the situation.

Haven said that, I don't mean I fix flat tyres of 1k for driver o. I think this practice of drivers doing some level of repair is to make driver responsible for the car somewhat, but sometimes its vindictive and riding because driver may not have a choice. The car owner should repair his vehicles so he can keep track of the car repair history, and be knowledgeable about the car as much as d driver is, so if tomorrow driver leaves, he will not be at the mercy of anybody.

I have also seen how small patch patch 3k repair instead of 10k now caused 50k damage. Driver will always choose the small patch patch repairs.

Before u come for me, I have driven for people, and I have people driving for me now so I don wear the two shoes.

This is global best practice, not just what I do.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Abegi...which one be fare doesn't fit the car...people are using 2016 corolla, 2014 Camry, 2012 Matrix, and different SUVs. Warts just said he uses Lexus hybrid...most important thing is knowing cost of parts, fuel consumption and durability of the car.

The car is good for the business:
fuel consumption is good, Cost of parts are generally fair and Car is strong and durable... Its a Honda afteral.
I assume u have it already but if u want to buy then I advise u go for an earlier year cos of cost of purchase.
to the poster, don't listen to this advise. by the time maintenance sets in, you will understand better. if the car is solely for ehailing, abeg get the regular corolla or the lower generation civic my 2 cents!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) ... (5717) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.