Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757679 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3382) (3383) (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jintex(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
IFSHR:

On your Bluetooth..so I can send it to you. Since you no get email address

No vex my man, nwokekemeka@gmail.com

Person no dey remember/ know finish
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jintex(m): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
Monacokyle:

Good evening bro
I am very much interested
I am a certified driver

U can drop ur contact so I can reach you
Here is mine 08184326197

Where is your location? I am in Abuja ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
BAZ001:

Bros is this real or a movie ?
Are you sure your rider was not the target ?
Did you light wrong oven over the weekend?
Did you pray before leaving the house ?
Your village people be like Edo peeps

Guy! wink
Na true sha, some oven get bad luck.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
topsydee007:
Abeg make Una no vex...shey bolt no dey pay money in ones app if it's less than #2,000 in Lagos.

I had #1,900+ in my bolt account last week and I never see my money today ...

Just curious if it's been carried over or I should still expect the money
They don't pay below 2k

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Monacokyle: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
jintex:

Where is your location? I am in Abuja ooo
Goshhhhh
Lagos

Thanks for reaching out
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

She has paid Boss. Thanks for your concern.
I just got more words from my brother. Apparently, he was the cause of the issue.
He said, they got talking on the journey & the girl seemed like one he could keep for knacks.
Girlie, leveraged on their smalls talks & flirtatious chats and made away with his money.
He cum come back home and started lamenting like someone who saw an onion booty for the first timegrin.
I told him that served him right... Him wan light oven grin like Jaydee & Pope191 grin

We Men! Your brother can't have his cake and eat it. Thanks to elders that saved him from Gelato agents.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2021
Abeg, make una help me reason this thing.

I'm about getting a Honda civic which is to be put on ehailing but the prices of naija used civics I see on jiji is starting to worry me.

Despite the rising prices of the tokunbo units, you will hardly find a Nigerian used civic that sells above N800k.

Lets say I decide to call it quit after 6 months due to a variety of reasons.

**For the civic

Cost of vehicle purchase- N1.6m.
Delivery-600k(25k per week for 6 months)
Servicing 45k
Sold 800k.

I would have made a loss of N245,000

**For a toyota matrix

Cost of vehicle purchase 1.9m
Servicing 45k
Sold 1.4m.

Profit of N55, 000

Even if I sell the Matrix at 1.3m, I'll only end up losing N45k.

Note that I'm strictly considering using foreign used vehicles and Nigeria used is not an option. Also, I am assuming both vehicles don't need any maintenance asides oil and filter change in 6 months.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
@ cryptoclub2018, I give god praise for giving his angels charge over you that you were not put into shame and trouble.

Please try to be more spiritual henceforth because "life is spiritual" (in Aps. Josheph Selmon's voice) I indulge you and everyone to search for that sermon and listen to it. The testimony I'd today was a product of that powerful message I listened to.

Most importantly, please please and please, don't give in to fear. Fear not, be of good courage because the devil your advisory is busy going around looking for those the seed of fear he planted in people's minds has germinate so that he can now devour them at his own time.
Fear Is not of God but of Satan so when it comes be bold to resist it. It's the devil's greatest weapon and once you give into it? That person is doom(gone).

Lastly, check yourself very well... Did you had any form of intimacy with a strange woman[b][/b] lately? (Please don't reply me), just check yourself. If yes. Pls desist(fleeee) from that person for ever and know who you hang around with some women are agents of the spirit world on an assignment to destroy destiny and life. But God will deliver the very elect.
Did you recently have any quarrel or argument with anybody that the person told you anything like "you'll see, I'll deal with you!" Go to your inner chambers and fight back oooh. God no go shame us.

I pray and wish beyond all things that you might prosper as thy soul prospereth

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
BAZ001:

Bro is this daily or weekly ?
Normal work na 6am to 6pm ?

Since I saw millions in December my mouth don they water wether the business is booming after winter
Only Saturday and Sunday (Combined )
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
Pastor Felicity0001
Felicity001:
@ cryptoclub2018, I give god praise for giving his angels charge over you that you were not put into shame and trouble.

Please try to be more spiritual henceforth because "life is spiritual" (in Aps. Josheph Selmon's voice) I indulge you and everyone to search for that sermon and listen to it. The testimony I'd today was a product of that powerful message I listened to.

Most importantly, please please and please, don't give in to fear. Fear not, be of good courage because the devil your advisory is busy going around looking for those the seed of fear he planted in people's minds has germinate so that he can now devour them at his own time.
Fear Is not of God but of Satan so when it comes be bold to resist it. It's the devil's greatest weapon and once you give into it? That person is doom(gone).

Lastly, check yourself very well... Did you had any form of intimacy with a strange woman[b][/b] lately? (Please don't reply me), just check yourself. If yes. Pls desist(fleeee) from that person for ever and know who you hang around with some women are agents of the spirit world on an assignment to destroy destiny and life. But God will deliver the very elect.
Did you recently have any quarrel or argument with anybody that the person told you anything like "you'll see, I'll deal with you!" Go to your inner chambers and fight back oooh. God no go shame us.

I pray and wish beyond all things that you might prosper as thy soul prospereth

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Abeg, make una help me reason this thing.

I'm about getting a Honda civic which is to be put on ehailing but the prices of naija used civics I see on jiji is starting to worry me.

Despite the rising prices of the tokunbo units, you will hardly find a Nigerian used civic that sells above N800k.

Lets say I decide to call it quit after 6 months due to a variety of reasons.

**For the civic

Cost of vehicle purchase- N1.6m.
Servicing 45k
Sold 800k.

I would have made a loss of N245,000

**For a toyota matrix

Cost of vehicle purchase 1.9m
Servicing 45k
Sold 1.4m.

Profit of N55, 000

Even if I sell the Matrix at 1.3m, I'll only end up losing N45k.

Note that I'm strictly considering using foreign used vehicles and Nigeria used is not an option. Also, I am assuming both vehicles don't need any maintenance asides oil and filter change in 6 months.

First of all. This ehailing business wasn't modelled to work that way. whatever chance you take on any of the above mentioned vehicle. YOU MUST RUN AT A LOSS... Reason.

1. In 6 months there's a big certainty you will not get 600k as indicated because of other external factors.
2. You also can't assure hitch-free business model in 6 months.
3. mechanical faults and driver induced incidents/Accidents cannot be erased.
4. If you want to do this business in that manner. you must do it with more than 2 cars at a time and with at least a 1 year sustainability. With this, you must have recouped more than half your cost price and still sell to make profile thereof.

Any Civic sold at 800k in most cases has been used for not less than 1year. The civics you saw on Jiji that sells at 550 - 700 must have been used for nothing less than 2 years - 5years. So no matter what, at this juncture the owner is making almost 120% ROI.

Please this is my opinion. I am not saying it is best. But know this and know peace.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 1:26am On Feb 02, 2021
So today, being 1st Monday and 1st day of the month, I started work late, I was just resting due to the weekend stress cuz I’m always on the road through out the weekend.

I decided to set destination to ajah from mushin then when I get to island, I set destination back and close for the day.

While destination was on, a request came in from ladipo market to igbo efon, I was happy cuz I knew that would give me nothing less than 3k, on getting to PU, rider asked if I can deliver 2 Tyres to someone at igbo efon, in my mind, I said this is a big opportunity for me.
I asked the rider if we can run it offline and rider agreed without feeling reluctant, he asked for my price and due to fear of overcharging people, I asked for the highest estimates and he said 3400 then I demanded for 4K for the offline, He agreed without pricing.

He made a call to the receiver and told him my price, that moment, I just realized I could carry someone going to island along with the tyres, then I started waiting for request on inDriver going towards island, but I went back home while I was waiting for the request to come.

I had waited for about 10mins and didn’t see any request going towards island then I decided to set destination back to ajah on bolt.

Just few min after setting destination to ajah, a request came in on inDriver to agungi with an offer of 3k, I quickly accepted the offer before another driver did and the rider accepted mine too.
I was about calling the rider when another request came in on bolt going to island also but I couldn’t say where exactly on the island so I 1st called the bolt rider to ask where he/she is going and she said agungi, and inDriver rider was heading to agungi also, in my mind, I said I will run the 3 trips at once.

When I checked pickup location of the 2 riders, they were actually on same street but one at the beginning while the other at the end of the street, I was like see how God made this so easy for me.

I went to pick the inDriver rider 1st and explained to her, she agreed without feeling insecure, in my mind, I was like this is easy mehn,

The other rider was waiting for me at the filling station on the street, when I got to her, she opened the door and realized someone was sitting beside me at the front, she thought she entered the wrong car and wanted to go down but I stopped her and explained to her, she was feeling so insecure and wanted to drop but I convinced her and she agreed reluctantly to go with us but online.

In my mind, I was like who mind if it’s online or offline, so far you are going to pay me for the trip, then I’m making triple on a single trip.

Both the inDriver rider and bolt rider were actually going to like 2 estates away from each other but inDriver estate came 1st while the bolt rider estate is the next junction but I decided to drop bolt rider 1st since it was online, her trip ended on 2800, she made a complete transfer of 2800 and I went to drop the inDriver rider and she paid in full her 3k offer too.

Remember I still have 2tyres in the trunk to deliver, drove straight to Igbo efon from agungi, told receiver the traffic was really mad and I would have done the trip online cuz it would have read more due to the traffic but actually, there was no single traffic cuz I didn’t leave immediately, due to how I talked to him, rider paid me 5k instead of 4K we agreed.

That’s how I killed 3 birds with a stone and made 10800 on a single trip and I didn’t use up to 1500 fuel to cover the trip.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:49am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:
So today, being 1st Monday and 1st day of the month, I started work late, I was just resting due to the weekend stress cuz I’m always on the road through out the weekend.

I decided to set destination to ajah from mushin then when I get to island, I set destination back and close for the day.

While destination was on, a request came in from ladipo market to igbo efon, I was happy cuz I knew that would give me nothing less than 3k, on getting to PU, rider asked if I can deliver 2 Tyres to someone at igbo efon, in my mind, I said this is a big opportunity for me.
I asked the rider if we can run it offline and rider agreed without feeling reluctant, he asked for my price and due to fear of overcharging people, I asked for the highest estimates and he said 3400 then I demanded for 4K for the offline, He agreed without pricing.

He made a call to the receiver and told him my price, that moment, I just realized I could carry someone going to island along with the tyres, then I started waiting for request on inDriver going towards island, but I went back home while I was waiting for the request to come.

I had waited for about 10mins and didn’t see any request going towards island then I decided to set destination back to ajah on bolt.

Just few min after setting destination to ajah, a request came in on inDriver to agungi with an offer of 3k, I quickly accepted the offer before another driver did and the rider accepted mine too.
I was about calling the rider when another request came in on bolt going to island also but I couldn’t say where exactly on the island so I 1st called the bolt rider to ask where he/she is going and she said agungi, and inDriver rider was heading to agungi also, in my mind, I said I will run the 3 trips at once.

When I checked pickup location of the 2 riders, they were actually on same street but one at the beginning while the other at the end of the street, I was like see how God made this so easy for me.

I went to pick the inDriver rider 1st and explained to her, she agreed without feeling insecure, in my mind, I was like this is easy mehn,

The other rider was waiting for me at the filling station on the street, when I got to her, she opened the door and realized someone was sitting beside me at the front, she thought she entered the wrong car and wanted to go down but I stopped her and explained to her, she was feeling so insecure and wanted to drop but I convinced her and she agreed reluctantly to go with us but online.

In my mind, I was like who mind if it’s online or offline, so far you are going to pay me for the trip, then I’m making triple on a single trip.

Both the inDriver rider and bolt rider were actually going to like 2 estates away from each other but inDriver estate came 1st while the bolt rider estate is the next junction but I decided to drop bolt rider 1st since it was online, her trip ended on 2800, she made a complete transfer of 2800 and I went to drop the inDriver rider and she paid in full her 3k offer too.

Remember I still have 2tyres in the trunk to deliver, drove straight to Igbo efon from agungi, told receiver the traffic was really mad and I would have done the trip online cuz it would have read more due to the traffic but actually, there was no single traffic cuz I didn’t leave immediately, due to how I talked to him, rider paid me 5k instead of 4K we agreed.

That’s how I killed 3 birds with a stone and made 10800 on a single trip and I didn’t use up to 1500 fuel to cover the trip.

Have you checked your ratings ? Are you sure one of the riders won’t report ? Before you will wake up tomorrow or after 1week and see ban. Be calming down

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 5:07am On Feb 02, 2021
BAZ001:

Have you checked your ratings ? Are you sure one of the riders won’t report ? Before you will wake up tomorrow or after 1week and see ban. Be calming down

Lolz
Well
It’s still intact on 4.8
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:40am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

Wise man of the world, continue grin you remind me of when I was in primary 3, we went to play football and lost our money, so we had to beg and it was so easy, wow! Big opportunity, we took advantage of that situation by begging everyone, thinking is fun and cruise. I got home and share my actions with fam, they hit me with words I'll never forget that day. Boss this your action can b the beginning of placing hold on your account forever. Light and love

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:52am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

That's an over kill boss. But next time the indriver trip and tyre would have been sufficient. Sometimes things can get too complicated you'll think its village peepu.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 6:10am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

That’s how I killed 3 birds with a stone and made 10800 on a single trip and I didn4’t use up to 1500 fuel to cover the trip.
I will advice u don't try this next time, the tyre and the indriver trip should be enough for u..make greed no lead us to whr we no want ooooo, for me as a rider i can't see someone in ur car and still enter oooo no matter ur explanation

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:04am On Feb 02, 2021
tojahh:

First of all. This ehailing business wasn't modelled to work that way. whatever chance you take on any of the above mentioned vehicle. YOU MUST RUN AT A LOSS... Reason.

1. In 6 months there's a big certainty you will not get 600k as indicated because of other external factors.
2. You also can't assure hitch-free business model in 6 months.
3. mechanical faults and driver induced incidents/Accidents cannot be erased.
4. If you want to do this business in that manner. you must do it with more than 2 cars at a time and with at least a 1 year sustainability. With this, you must have recouped more than half your cost price and still sell to make profile thereof.

Any Civic sold at 800k in most cases has been used for not less than 1year. The civics you saw on Jiji that sells at 550 - 700 must have been used for nothing less than 2 years - 5years. So no matter what, at this juncture the owner is making almost 120% ROI.

Please this is my opinion. I am not saying it is best. But know this and know peace.

Thank you Tojahh for the insight. I actually plan putting at least two vehicles but want to do it one at a time so if peradventure things don't go as planned, I can minimze my losses and quit.

Also, I am actually not planning to run it for 6 months, I'm just factoring in my exit plan.

If things go as planned and I can run both vehicles on bolt of 2-5 years, maybe the civic will be a better choice but in the event that things go south, the civic still appears like a wrong choice.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 7:04am On Feb 02, 2021
CarPapers.com.ng
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:07am On Feb 02, 2021
eyinola:
I will advice u don't try this next time, the tyre and the indriver trip should be enough for u..make greed no lead us to whr we no want ooooo, for me as a rider i can't see someone in ur car and still enter oooo no matter ur explanation

I have also done it numerous times, once you give me a package to deliver, I will almost never go with it alone.

But to carry two riders at the same time, my mind never reach grin

For some reasons, I just don't trust those riders enough to carry two of them at the same time. Is it not these same people that will laugh and play with you only to go behind you to give you 2 stars.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 7:20am On Feb 02, 2021

The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

WhatsApp. 08060365068

Call/Sms/WhatsApp 08060365068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 7:49am On Feb 02, 2021
kanuisagoat:

I have also done it numerous times, once you give me a package to deliver, I will almost never go with it alone.

But to carry two riders at the same time, my mind never reach grin

For some reasons, I just don't trust those riders enough to carry two of them at the same time. Is it not these same people that will laugh and play with you only to go behind you to give you 2 stars.

It's not even about rating.....what if something complicated happen....even if the driver is innocent....his motive of carrying both of them will not justify him....his hands are dirty even before probing started...so let's call a spade a spade....what he did was greed.....

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:50am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

Very smart move. Nice one

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 8:04am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

Sense no go kill U

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:20am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

Kudos bro.
But please learn to be contended.

We don't just pick and drop riders; we offer them privacy and sense of security.
But you compromised that with greed bro.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 8:31am On Feb 02, 2021
donfortune48:

Kudos bro.
But please learn to be contended.

We don't just pick and drop riders; we offer them privacy and sense of security.
But you compromised that with greed bro.

I actually knew I went overboard, and I already cautioned myself never to try it again.

But I miss deliver a lot with inDriver rider without the rider knowing I’m on a delivery trip.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:31am On Feb 02, 2021
IFSHR:

It's not even about rating.....what if something complicated happen....even if the driver is innocent....his motive of carrying both of them will not justify him....his hands are dirty even before probing started...so let's call a spade a spade....what he did was greed.....

I agree with you bro. It was a very risky thing to do. Not one i'll try no matter how tempting the offer/reqard is.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:35am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

This experience get as e be.
No comments from me sha undecided

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:41am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

I actually knew I went overboard, and I already cautioned myself never to try it again.

But I miss deliver a lot with inDriver rider without the rider knowing I’m on a delivery trip.

Lot of folks do combination trips, delivering plus rider. December was the hight of it, but having 2 different riders in the car? grin can't imagine how odd that sound to me. What excuse you want to give me self, it obviously won't fall on my right side. It is what it is, let's keep d hustle on. No man holy pass

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 9:22am On Feb 02, 2021
Olayetan:

You can kill 3 birds with a stone and not able to eat any of the 3 birds. Wow! It may seems smart.. but greed is greed.. Please, i will advice you not to try this again boss... and is just 3/4k difference that you can get within another 2hrs.... you are just greedily smart grin ...Let @izzou boss sprinkle holy water on you and sin no more.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:24am On Feb 02, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Thank you Tojahh for the insight. I actually plan putting at least two vehicles but want to do it one at a time so if peradventure things don't go as planned, I can minimze my losses and quit.

Also, I am actually not planning to run it for 6 months, I'm just factoring in my exit plan.

If things go as planned and I can run both vehicles on bolt of 2-5 years, maybe the civic will be a better choice but in the event that things go south, the civic still appears like a wrong choice.

The Civic still stand a better choice any time for me according to your model.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3382) (3383) (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Kaymaxi2222(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.