Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4727151 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) (3402) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:37am On Feb 05, 2021
pope191:

We are in the same dilemma, I have used Hyundai and I'm using Honda now, but struggling to get Toyota. Feel's like I'm yet to arrive if I don't have Toyota. I was patiently observing the type of car argument last week and choose to keep mute if expert like Bishop of Madam Rad are not saying anything.

But my little submission on this matter: either cars are built for different purpose or we need to understand the reason why we need a particular car at a point in time. Toyota small but mighty barely reduce in price, it's that kind of shoe you will use and leave for ur children (mallam ku rin jo).

Toyota Corrolla: 2m or 1.5/6m for grade local use, if you use the car for 2 yrs and want to resale, pending on abuse... The car may go for 1.6 for toks resale or 1.3 for local used, at the end 300/400k difference

Honda Civic: toks 1.2/1.1, while used can fly from 750 to 400k and some times it's hard to tell the difference b/w both. Let's assume you get a good grade Honda for 750 and you use it for 2 years, sell at 600k, what's the difference? 150k

Prons: They both make same money, but I consider Toyota Corolla as moving money and owners worth, better chance of offline trips if you have good communication skills. For Honda? The A/C, interior and sound system is a give away. If you buy a car of 750 and after 2 years, you've made 3.5/4m plus or minus, comprehensive it to buying a car of 2m and making sa me amount.

Cons: inability to sleep well, excess security consciousness and insurance matters, unlike the Honda civic where you may care less, drink your beer in peace. For the Honda? Your communication skills must be top notch before you can nail an offline trip, not that you cant, cos I do and mostly turn them down (they are distraction to work flow for me). Chance of having disappointed clients are high, in all fairness I have taken my leave on 3 clients cos they want big cars and I can't b begging someone, some will even ask if they accept this kind of car now (2003/2004 civic), thinking the car is 1996, I'll b the one explaining this is 04 car, same year with your Corrolla. The gear is the major problem, you see the solenoid will show you shege (Don't let no one tell you different), I practically service mine solenoid switch every 2 weeks, with extra 2 up and down soleniod in the boot (each set cost 12k). while you may not even get to service Toyota gear oil for 6/12 months, let me not talk for Honda

As for Hyundai's and it reselling values, you will be the one begging the clients to add some tin, part availability is in Ladipo and you may not get the toks, but new. Sound protect? They will ask you to go work Toyota own to it.

Toyota Yaris have is unique compressor, so when it get faulty, just know it's a beginning of a new Dawn in your life. For Toyota Camry 2003/08? Let's leave that for another post

Let me stop here, need to on my app, I'll edit later.

Na lack of rides make you get time imitate Felicity001 so?

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2021
abefeabebi:

Address and phone number,I stay around ojodu berger

surulere
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
GforGee:

Who knows, they might even ask for duplicate car grin

We can do 3d printing.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2021
tojahh:

Azin enh!! Me self come dey look for who to employ to summarise for me in one sentence ooh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SenseBoy(m): 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2021
tojahh:

I been think say na oga Feli sef grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
jahmarsh:

haa premium again

But seriously, is it bad? I know of the fuel consumption. Engine and transmission worst?

I use Honda crv. Nothing wrong at all with using Honda cars.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
Felicity001:
LASG planning on phasing out the yellow buses... This gonna be war for MC Olowo

Do they want to kill Lagosians? Highly impossible.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2021
Crvrider:

I drive honda CRV as well o....he rugged die o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2021
IFSHR:

I drive honda CRV as well o....he rugged die o

Is it what you use for the hustle?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
computerglobal:

The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

WhatsApp. 08060365068

Call/Sms/WhatsApp 08060365068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
Crvrider:

Is it what you use for the hustle?

Yes boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
IFSHR:

Yes boss

What year and what's your fuel consumption like?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Honda Civic toks 1.2m grin. Where you see am? If you can supply me one I'll pay you before the end of the day

My bad, I wrote with the price of the offers I was getting while trying to purchase one last year, but I just surf thro Jiji search and saw one for 1.4, maybe after negotiation, we can arrive at 1.2 grin

But come to think of it, what's happening to cars? It's hard to imagine buying a used car for 1.6
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2021
tojahh:

No hustle today, shey make I no share idea again? Ohk! I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
pope191:

No hustle today, shey make I no share idea again? Ohk! I rest my case

Go share am for Destiny Etiko grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mowii: 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
Good pm bosses
I want to apologize for inquiries I’m about to make because it is definitely derailing but nobody knows Lagos inside-out compared to my ogas (Uber drivers).
I intend venturing into transport business (korope type) in Lagos and I do ask for your help
! Please sirs which route is highly profitable
!! Idea of registration for a hijet mini bus and how long it takes
!!! Idea of levies and taxes to be paid
And any advice for an amateur
Thanks.

Please sirs I live in Ibadan tho spent over 2 years in Lagos for school now I will like to go back and hustle
cc Felicity001
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
tojahh:

Go share am for Destiny Etiko grin

grin Tojah avoid me, nah Ehi Ogbebor you for talk
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Crvrider:

Thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
Olayetan:

Haaaaaaaaaaa

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
Felicity001:

There is a corolla going for 1.1m last, owner decided to sell after about a year or there about.

There's a tok big daddy (05), arrived last week Accident free for 1.7m if you can raise more cash I can link you up with the dealer.

You can search the internet for fairly used cars (Honda Civic), those that states 1m below you can negotiate with them. You can be lucky to get one for N550k or N600k while you use the 100k to do papers renewal and fix one or two.

Honda Accord is good especially the Discussion continue model but the V4 won't come cheap trust me. Their bold joints are stronger when compared to the EOD (personal observation ooh because I've used these two cars very well).

I hope this helps.
Good luck

This camry and corolla sha. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks, it's actually helpful
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 2:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
pope191:

We are in the same dilemma, I have used Hyundai and I'm using Honda now, but struggling to get Toyota. Feel's like I'm yet to arrive if I don't have Toyota. I was patiently observing the type of car argument last week and choose to keep mute if expert like Bishop of Madam Rad are not saying anything.

But my little submission on this matter: either cars are built for different purpose or we need to understand the reason why we need a particular car at a point in time. Toyota small but mighty barely reduce in price, it's that kind of shoe you will use and leave for ur children (mallam ku rin jo).

Toyota Corrolla: 2m or 1.5/6m for grade local use, if you use the car for 2 yrs and want to resale, pending on abuse... The car may go for 1.6 for toks resale or 1.3 for local used, at the end 300/400k difference

Honda Civic: toks 1.2/1.1, while used can fly from 750 to 400k and some times it's hard to tell the difference b/w both. Let's assume you get a good grade Honda for 750 and you use it for 2 years, sell at 600k, what's the difference? 150k

Prons: They both make same money, but I consider Toyota Corolla as moving money and owners worth, better chance of offline trips if you have good communication skills. For Honda? The A/C, interior and sound system is a give away. If you buy a car of 750 and after 2 years, you've made 3.5/4m plus or minus, comprehensive it to buying a car of 2m and making sa me amount.

Cons: inability to sleep well, excess security consciousness and insurance matters, unlike the Honda civic where you may care less, drink your beer in peace. For the Honda? Your communication skills must be top notch before you can nail an offline trip, not that you cant, cos I do and mostly turn them down (they are distraction to work flow for me). Chance of having disappointed clients are high, in all fairness I have taken my leave on 3 clients cos they want big cars and I can't b begging someone, some will even ask if they accept this kind of car now (2003/2004 civic), thinking the car is 1996, I'll b the one explaining this is 04 car, same year with your Corrolla. The gear is the major problem, you see the solenoid will show you shege (Don't let no one tell you different), I practically service mine solenoid switch every 2 weeks, with extra 2 up and down soleniod in the boot (each set cost 12k). while you may not even get to service Toyota gear oil for 6/12 months, let me not talk for Honda

As for Hyundai's and it reselling values, you will be the one begging the clients to add some tin, part availability is in Ladipo and you may not get the toks, but new. Sound protect? They will ask you to go work Toyota own to it.

Toyota Yaris have is unique compressor, so when it get faulty, just know it's a beginning of a new Dawn in your life. For Toyota Camry 2003/08? Let's leave that for another post

Let me stop here, need to on my app, I'll edit later.

You really want to have a taste of Toyota.

I will screenshot this and reading it well so I don't forget.

You explain pass the question. Thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 2:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
Mowii:
Good pm bosses
I want to apologize for inquiries I’m about to make because it is definitely derailing but nobody knows Lagos inside-out compared to my ogas (Uber drivers).
I intend venturing into transport business (korope type) in Lagos and I do ask for your help
! Please sirs which route is highly profitable
!! Idea of registration for a hijet mini bus and how long it takes
!!! Idea of levies and taxes to be paid
And any advice for an amateur
Thanks.

Please sirs I live in Ibadan tho spent over 2 years in Lagos for school now I will like to go back and hustle
cc Felicity001

Boss this thread is for ehailing partners/drivers.

Some peeps here might be operating the korope too but I doubt if you’ll get robust answers to your questions.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
ekehopp:
Re: Partner-Driver wahala na when remittance combine with maintenance.

Bottom line from what I gather, is that the system is not sustainable. And what is happening now is doing the same old thing over and over again yet expecting different results.

If problems arise when drivers are settled with car maintenance alongside remittance, then

1) Cars should only be driven by owners
2) If not, rentals should be abolished. All cars should be given out on HP, to encourage driver commitment and responsibility
3) Toyota should only be driven by owners. HP should be on only affordable cars with less maintenance cost, and with shorter tenure to recoup investment.

My 2 kobo on the matter.

P/S: abroad UberBolt drivers are basically all car owners. Or they rent car on daily basis, with only fueling responsibilities

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mowii: 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2021
kodred:

Boss this thread is for ehailing partners/drivers.

Some peeps here might be operating the korope too but I doubt if you’ll get robust answers to your questions.

Good luck!
thank you so much sir for your input
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
I had an experience like this same day I asked this question. I picked these ladies around Ishaga axis with bad roads. I managed to get close to the street and when I couldn't drive further, I told them it would be good they meet in less than 20mtres to where they were. They at last came out. The next was them challenging me why I couldn't drive in even when I already told them cos of bad road.
On getting inside, they started shouting at me, threatening of giving me 0 star. Even one of them was already telling the one that initiated the trip to give me the 0 star immediately (as if that s the way it works).
Sensing danger, I told them I wasnt interested in the trip, that they can get down since I'd not started the trip.
Na so they cancelled trip and still refused to get down from my car. We dragged it for about 5 mins. A woman passing by even tried to intervene.
When I noticed they wouldn't come down, I changed my direction, telling them I would drive them to a nearby police station. They began dragging steering with me. Another was tampering with my gear, shouting kidnapper, that I wanted to kidnap them. I ended up stopping the car. Blocked road untill more people came to intervene.
The guys managed to get them out of the car and told me to leave immediately.

The experience was damn nasty.
davit:

Meanwhile, guys how do you manage a situation rider refuses to get down from your car for whatever reason known to her.

Take for instance, you get a trip request. Rider arrives and begins to insult you even before the trip starts. You now tell her to get down since she will end up giving you o star or even do worse, only for her to refuse.

Abeg, I need input on this.

Tojahh, izzou, Felicity0001, deedee44, Pope191, kanuisagoat, eyinola, Crvrider, shollywendy1 and others.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
Crvrider:

What year and what's your fuel consumption like?

2001.....3k fuel will gross 12k....with more medium long trips than short trips....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
After seeing plenty millions in Dec and post that you can net 20k soft job during weekends and I have plenty time and car staying idle na so, I activate my accounts and register on InDriver.
Ready to hit the road fri - sun (must net 20k)
Na so first gbagan gbagan na one babe 9min PU , 10 mins waiting outside for her trip na 14 mins, got to destination and ended trip, fare - 800naira.
Rider : how much
Me: 800
Rider : Account
Me : what is account
R: I mean ur account number
Me: (in my head which kind waka be dis ooh)
Me: from which bank
R: zenith
Me : okay let me give u my zenith no.
R: omg you have every bank account?
Me : I will get alert faster
Alert landed and I repositioned.

Main reason of my Epistle na cos of InDriver.
Na so I begin monitor request before I accept gbam another driver don accept.

For where na so I accept one fastest finger too. Rider fare - 1,850 me I suggested 2500k
Rider accepted sharp sharp na so dem give me ride. That was when I checked destination on map 1hr 25min after ojodu Berger from Surulere and everywhere red for road. Chaii I don mess up
PU - 15mins drive.
Then timer began to warn me to call rider
To cut story short
I can’t cancel trip cos I slide “I’ve arrived”.
Rider has been calling non stop
APP says I can’t cancel cos I’ve left PU. The other option is to complain about rider.
I dey house dey look app , app dey look me, still unable to cancel.
No be ban I dey play with for 1st trip

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
davit:
I had an experience like this same day I asked this question. I picked these ladies around Ishaga axis with bad roads. I managed to get close to the street and when I couldn't drive further, I told them it would be good they meet in less than 20mtres to where they were. They at last came out. The next was them challenging me why I couldn't drive in even when I already told them cos of bad road.
On getting inside, they started shouting at me, threatening of giving me 0 star. Even one of them was already telling the one that initiated the trip to give me the 0 star immediately (as if that s the way it works).
Sensing danger, I told them I wasnt interested in the trip, that they can get down since I'd not started the trip.
Na so they cancelled trip and still refused to get down from my car. We dragged it for about 5 mins. A woman passing by even tried to intervene.
When I noticed they wouldn't come down, I changed my direction, telling them I would drive them to a nearby police station. They began dragging steering with me. Another was tampering with my gear, shouting kidnapper, that I wanted to kidnap them. I ended up stopping the car. Blocked road untill more people came to intervene.
The guys managed to get them out of the car and told me to leave immediately.

The experience was damn nasty.

I pray never to meet hoodlum riders like yours.
The closest One to it, I had to beg the lady they were two and they claimed Uber drives to their gate how come I can’t drive down. I said my car is low they said no, it’s the same type of cars. I was ready to cancel after 5mins but they showed up and entered and started talking shit.
I just activated my Mumu button: saying sorry and ignoring insult, I don’t have strength to face traffic and fight rider. Na too just look straight and chup 1 star in peace than to cause scene and allow riders spoil my day.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
BAZ001:
After seeing plenty millions in Dec and post that you can net 20k soft job during weekends and I have plenty time and car staying idle na so, I activate my accounts and register on InDriver.
Na so first gbagan gbagan na one babe 9min PU , 10 mins waiting outside for her trip na 14 mins, got to destination and ended trip, fare - 800naira.

For where na so I accept one fastest finger too. Rider fare - 1,850 me I suggested 2500k
Rider accepted sharp sharp na so dem give me ride. That was when I checked destination on map 1hr 25min after ojodu Berger from Surulere and everywhere red for road. Chaii I don mess up
PU - 15mins drive.
To cut story short
APP says I can’t cancel cos I’ve left PU. The other option is to complain about rider.
Why not just end trip jeje? Since you can't cancel and have slide arrived button. Very simple

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Oga u don't need all those things to activate your account, I don't know why u guys like stressing yourself unnecessarily.
Ignore

I was wondering ooh.
I just activated all my accounts within 4hrs and nobody asked for all this. I made up my mind to let go of any app that will stress me with LASDRI.
Let me face Bolt and Uber as i no understand dis InDriver.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
shollywendy1:

Why not just end trip jeje? Since you can't cancel

If I end trip won’t it calculate the fare or rider will say she’s not on trip ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
BAZ001:

PU - 15mins drive.
To cut story short

grin Indriver is one stupid app, did I just say stupid? Yes! Like very stupid app, but you just have to learn how to manage it. You r lucky the rider picked you, after giving him or her 2500, drivers don't give price on Indriver again, unless you want to sleep on one spot, drivers like Tojahh, Felicity001 and Davit will not let you complete one trip. About the trip you are looking at now, just end it, next time if you want to pick a trip on Indriver be sure it's aim to go and not fastest finger pushed me. Even if you made a mistake of not calculating well, just cancel the trip, you have grace of cancelling 2wice/day and in the case of you arriving with the aim of cancelling grin you know when its 6pm and Nigeria is about to go to sleep, that anthem sound you hear and you have to pulse wherever you are? That's same way Indriver cancellation works after sliding arrived, just stay at that point where u slide on the arrived for 5 mins, then cancel, even if it is in the middle of the road, cos the moment you drift away from that point or few metres, you will have to complete the trip. The most interesting part of this, the rider can't cancel from his/her end and your subsequent riders will see his/her comment about you grin so boss go ahead and complete the trip, welcome back to the hustle. But nah back door you use enter sha, you didn't even loud your entrance

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) (3402) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.