Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735238 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3412) (3413) (3414) (3415) (3416) (3417) (3418) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kandex007: 8:43am On Feb 11, 2021
[quote author=Ghost1994 post=98953686]

She was saying Hello Hello and cut me off.

My advice to fellow drivers out their, get a visible camera in your car to avoid something's like this.

You own a car of 1M but can't get camera of 6k is bad abeg.

I have 1 of this and its deliver well for me to avoid any transfer issues.

Especially when those (lekki babes) see the camera recordings although it's for front view alone but the kind fear wey dey catch dem no be here.

One was asking me oga this your camera eh dey recording inside? I replied and said yes for my protection or if rider want to outsmart me with payments, I send him/her my recordings on WhatsApp and in less down 1min I got my money.

It could be anything (lastma, vio, local government agberos, policemen, accident and so on)

Thanks bro... I think it's better to get the camera. Riders are now looking for free rides

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:48am On Feb 11, 2021
Crvrider:

Based on your assertion you may think its inconsequential because you rarely use your left leg and right arm but the fact remains that a certain amount of energy and inconvenience is required to use a stick.

Lol.

You're making it sound like that the certain amount of energy is much and would definitely wear one out.

That's the part I don't agree with.

To me, the mental demands is the most stressful in driving, irrespective of whether it is manual or automatic

A driver has to calculate his speed most times, calculate correctly when overtaking, use the horn, trafficate, watch his mirrors, watch out for other road users, incoming vehicles, watch out for warning signals and signs on his dashboard, listen for strange noises that may arise in the car while driving, and so many other decisions that must be taken in seconds

This is what demands energy most... Mental energy

If we travel a long distance with a manual and Auto car, we both would be tired. It's not like the manual driver would be more tired than the one who drove the auto.

Like I said, the right leg works most in driving. Something that both the auto or manual cannot ease.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 8:48am On Feb 11, 2021
Ghost1994:

She was saying Hello Hello and cut me off.

My advice to fellow drivers out their, get a visible camera in your car to avoid something's like this.

You own a car of 1M but can't get camera of 6k is bad abeg.

I have 1 of this and its deliver well for me to avoid any transfer issues.

Especially when those (lekki babes) see the camera recordings although it's for front view alone but the kind fear wey dey catch dem no be here.

One was asking me oga this your camera eh dey recording inside? I replied and said yes for my protection or if rider want to outsmart me with payments, I send him/her my recordings on WhatsApp and in less down 1min I got my money.

It could be anything (lastma, vio, local government agberos, policemen, accident and so on)

And let's us learn to protect ourselves because COVID is real.
Peace

About camera in your car, there are issue surrounding it. After the issue of bolt driver and rider yesterday on twitter, some riders believe, as it is good, so is more like privacy infringement. As some wicked drivers can blackmail riders in the future and stuff. Legally, i don't how is suppose to be. You can follow up. Mrng guys.

https://twitter.com/aproko_doctor/status/1359559639294242827?s=19

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2021
Dovehorizon:
u are right
A lot of people downplaying manual cars haven't really driven it or don't know how to drive.
I have driven both transmissions and I will pick a manual tranny anytime anyday.
Alot of people are not well informed and they move with the bandwagon of it is stressful to drive.
If you juxtapose both, u will find out that the manual tranny will still come out with more points.

I think I read few pages back where someone said auto makers are no longer making manual tranny. In this jet age where people are moving from fiat to digital currency, innovation is paramount hence the reasons auto makers decided to make steptronic transmissions.

I think it's just a myth that was flying about about Manual cars

Manual cars tolerate a lot of abuse. It has a good number of advantages over the auto.

Automatic transmissions definitely eased driving, but it's not as if Manual was hard
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sammyclarinet(m): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2021
coker007:
A lot of you here are trying to be logical which is good ....... I understand. Lemme clear up something first

1. If you know beckley estate you'd know agbe road and if you know agbe road you'd know you wouldn't have to pass express or iju. Even if you don't know agbe road, Google map wouldn't lead you straight down the express it would divert you towards agbado ijaiye road or fadina coker or beckley estate even.

2. She wasn't the one that ordered the ride her friend did if not i wouldn't have come here asking for his number (the friends number hasn't been going through)

3. She be 17 when you were 17 na all the road you know for lagos?.....you know where you're coming from and you know where you're going to is different from you know the road to where you're going to.... you follow?

4. And the case of being locked outside i just passed beckley estate around past 11 on Tuesday soooo..... Before you'd say there are two phases i dropped someone at phase 2

5. No one said he didn't do his job, but then he decided to do his job with greed too much greed infact..... If he knew beckley closed gate at 9 he wouldn't be going through iju for any reason cuz he'd know there's hold up there g-map would let you know that i mean trip started since 5:30 c'mon?!!!

If you feel this type of thing is too random and irrelevant for you kindly skip. I'm just being defensive of my sister and i want to know what he extorted her for that's why i asked for his details because the thing they pain me and i no too like to dey write epistle. If you have info kindly email ☺

The fact of the matter is that the driver did his job;picked the rider and dropped the rider at the expected destination.It took you around 48mins to get to where she was dropped,should the driver have waited for those 48mins after the trip has ended? Let's be reasonable please.I am not after the hiking of the price,let the driver's conscience be the judge of that...but concerning leaving the rider at her EXPECTED destination is the right thing to do....Like someone rightly said,was her age written in her face?My question is,why didn't she pick a more safe period to go out?You need to be objective in judging a situation like this....and should someone give you the contact of the driver now,will you send soldiers to beat him at home or what?

Instead of getting this emotional because it's your sister,you should focus more on counselling your sister against making some of the errors made that day,like not having enough money while going out,not planning her movement very well and not thinking about her own safety....but truth be told,NONE OF THIS IS THE DRIVER'S FAULT....

#JUSTANOPINION

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:40am On Feb 11, 2021
coker007:
Evening guys.....

So a bolt driver extorted my sister of 3900 from abule-egba to dalema bus-stop at alakuko trip of 900-1100...trip started around 5:30 something and this mofo went to pass iju and then fagba to get to dalemo, why and how he did it is taller than my reasoning but the greed this mister has no be from here

When he told my younger sister the price, baby girl was just confused cuz that's way too much so she called me to transfer the money to him and then come and pick her up coz she's afraid of requesting another ride on bolt and it was very late around 10 when he heard her call me to come pick her, that's when the guy started shouting he wants to be going home that beckley estate (where he lives) closes gate around 9:00, she being fearful of the guy being locked outside told me to send the money to him immediately so he could get home in time.

He gave her his account details and i sent it 0016041184 awolola omotayo azeez gtbank

Immediately i sent it this mister chased baby girl out of his car and zoomed off leaving her alone at a bus stop where cultists were fighting and killing each other around 10pm!!!!.....she texted me what he did and i quickly ran to get her all the way from ojodu it didn't take me up to 48 minutes to get her.....baby girl was thoroughly shaken up

I just want to appeal to our FBI's in the house izzou and company if you can help me track this self-servicer down I'd be very grateful even if it's just his number or address or both

And oga Felicity0001 If you know this guy with the name above in your estate kindly email his number i want to tell him something

My sister is 17.....I'LL BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP
guy, I know say you just started this hustle. Wait, very soon, you'll understand better. Besides, why did you chose cultist infested bus stop as her destination? I'm not understanding

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hillso7(m): 9:44am On Feb 11, 2021
davit:
This is very common to these smallies. The habit don tire me. Na so one refused to come down at Chevy gate the other day after trip don end. She con dey fume for me when security guys no allow her enter as per sey time don pass 10 pm. On top of that, she still said I must keep my AC running. I sha dey pray make trip enter. As one enter, na so I tell am I wan go pick my rider.

Hmm...you tried o. Once I get to your destination and end trip, I put of the AC because the service you requested has been completed. Next is you pay me and I zoom.
How would you sit in the car after trip has ended? Is the car a waiting station? If you know you want to wait in my car why ask me to end the trip?
Time na money for this business o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:44am On Feb 11, 2021
deedee44:

They're talking about ehailing driving you're talking about movies. Shey robbers dey drive from morning till night ni undecided
you will never understand. avoid me pls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 9:47am On Feb 11, 2021
SHOOPSYN:

About camera in your car, there are issue surrounding it. After the issue of bolt driver and rider yesterday on twitter, some riders believe, as it is good, so is more like privacy infringement. As some wicked drivers can blackmail riders in the future and stuff. Legally, i don't how is suppose to be. You can follow up. Mrng guys.

Bros forget about whatever debate they're talking about.

BRT have camera installed all over

I personally drove Moove car for 1month camera was all over the car for interior and exterior recordings. To make it fun, moove put a sticker behind the passengers head rest written (smile you're under 24hours surveillance)

So bro na naija we dey don't let anybody sugarcoat you about one stupid law or whatever. My car is not an hotel.

You cant ask the banks that you don't want your face to be seen. If you have a shop or mini supermarket, and you employ some workers (cashier or so) and you put dummy camera visible for them, wallahi I can bet my balls nothings gonna get missing in that mart.

So the environment wey we dey no need any justification for privacy of not putting camera recordings in our vehicles. Especially this Lagos state.

Even we need CCTV in our neighbourhood's schools and public places.

Since have gotten the camera, I have never had any nonsense misunderstandings whatsoever. In fact most of the riders love it (although once runs babe see it, they immediately adjust themselves and behave like Europeans returnees grin)

So please follow your mind

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2021

The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

WhatsApp. 08060365068

Call/Sms/WhatsApp 08060365068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:56am On Feb 11, 2021
deedee44:

They're talking about ehailing driving you're talking about movies. Shey robbers dey drive from morning till night ni undecided
it's because of peeps like you I don't comment on nairaland. Ola said he almost got attacked but was able to get away because of his auto gear. And I told him that a manual car would do even better. Then made reference to movies and police hillux. But you chose to display your dullness. That's y u failed your exams. Low comprehension. Just like izzou rightly said, those criticizing manual have never driven it or learnt with auto.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 10:00am On Feb 11, 2021
SHOOPSYN:

If you check the women or ladies against it, I believe they are the ones that always cause wahala. They will always hate it even though they don't know the law.

They use privacy as an excuse which is a stupid excuse.

Please install this, it's important.
But an agreement or some kind of privacy law from the company against misuse of the information such as blackmailing, selling of one's privacy, or info should be made available. Any driver caught using the info as blackmail or other illegal act will face the Law

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MiamiePizza(m): 10:03am On Feb 11, 2021
Kandex007:
Hello FAMS,
I don eventually fall mugu for the "send ur account details" riders.
A lady requested for a ride from Agungi to Lekki phase1 on Sunday and the ride was smooth until the time to make payment.
She promised to send my money as I confirmed Gtbank was misbehaving as I couldn't buy airtime from my bank app too. The good looking devil called Chisom with mobile number 08168675237 has not send the money (#1,200) till now.
I ran a background check and noticed she operates an online kitchen.
Kindly assist me teach the wicked lady a lesson.

Warmest Regards
Are you on Twitter? if yes, quote and paste your account ID. I just searched and see she's on Twitter. let's call her out at tag you both.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 10:08am On Feb 11, 2021
MiamiePizza:

Are you on Twitter? if yes, quote and paste your account ID. I just searched and see she's on Twitter. let's call her out at tag you both.

Please when you do, post link here

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:10am On Feb 11, 2021
Sammyclarinet:

The fact of the matter is that the driver did his job;picked the rider and dropped the rider at the expected destination.It took you around 48mins to get to where she was dropped,should the driver have waited for those 48mins after the trip has ended? Let's be reasonable please.I am not after the hiking of the price,let the driver's conscience be the judge of that...but concerning leaving the rider at her EXPECTED destination is the right thing to do....Like someone rightly said,was her age written in her face?My question is,why didn't she pick a more safe period to go out?You need to be objective in judging a situation like this....and should someone give you the contact of the driver now,will you send soldiers to beat him at home or what?

Instead of getting this emotional because it's your sister,you should focus more on counselling your sister against making some of the errors made that day,like not having enough money while going out,not planning her movement very well and not thinking about her own safety....but truth be told,NONE OF THIS IS THE DRIVER'S FAULT....

#JUSTANOPINION
ermm, this case has been analyzed and the council have seen beyond reasonable doubt that the driver is innocent of all the accusations. This honourable Court have found coker's sister guilty but because of her age, she's forgiven. But Coker007 will be held responsible for wasting this honourable court's time. Also will be held responsible if anything happens to the gentle pilot.
By the power invested in me(if correct), this case is hereby dismissed and the driver acquitted of all charges. Pope191, sprinkle holy water � on the accused. Court!!!!

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 10:20am On Feb 11, 2021
1daboi:
ermm, this case has been analyzed and the council have seen beyond reasonable doubt that the driver is innocent of all the accusations. This honourable Court have found coker's sister guilty but because of her age, she's forgiven. But Coker007 will be held responsible for wasting this honourable court's time. Also will be held responsible if anything happens to the gentle pilot.
By the power invested in me(if correct), this case is hereby dismissed and the driver acquired of all charges. Pope191, sprinkle holy water � on the accused. Court!!!!

Errm, your honour
Isn't that supposed to be acquitted?

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:28am On Feb 11, 2021
I think I need to get this. Is it something I can fix myself? e
Ghost1994:

Bros forget about whatever debate they're talking about.

BRT have camera installed all over

I personally drove Moove car for 1month camera was all over the car for interior and exterior recordings. To make it fun, moove put a sticker behind the passengers head rest written (smile you're under 24hours surveillance)

So bro na naija we dey don't let anybody sugarcoat you about one stupid law or whatever. My car is not an hotel.

You cant ask the banks that you don't want your face to be seen. If you have a shop or mini supermarket, and you employ some workers (cashier or so) and you put dummy camera visible for them, wallahi I can bet my balls nothings gonna get missing in that mart.

So the environment wey we dey no need any justification for privacy of not putting camera recordings in our vehicles. Especially this Lagos state.

Even we need CCTV in our neighbourhood's schools and public places.

Since have gotten the camera, I have never had any nonsense misunderstandings whatsoever. In fact most of the riders love it (although once runs babe see it, they immediately adjust themselves and behave like Europeans returnees grin)

So please follow your mind
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:31am On Feb 11, 2021
grin shocked
jaymejate:

Errm, your honour
Isn't that supposed to be acquitted?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 10:31am On Feb 11, 2021
davit:
I think I need to get this. Is it something I can fix myself? e

Yes just watch review on YouTube very easy.

Or type 2.7 Rearview dash cam and you'll see lots of reviews on how to fix it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:32am On Feb 11, 2021
Guys, I heard shootings are ongoing in Obalende. Let's be careful with trips to that axis for now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MiamiePizza(m): 10:38am On Feb 11, 2021
jaymejate:

Please when you do, post link here
What kinda link you referring bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 11, 2021
1daboi:
By the power invested in me(if correct), this case is hereby dismissed and the driver acquired of all charges. Pope191, sprinkle holy water � on the accused. Court!!!!

Alright, it's fine though .....i don't like typing too much and you can't relate....I'll let it slide..... But i won't lie it's paining my heart.....

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2021
1daboi:
truthfully, I started this hustle with a manual chevy, it was sweet. I didn't experience much body pains. Now that I'm using auto, my body don hear am. In conclusion, manual is bae if you know how to drive it. I off my mic

Actually you re correct, I drove manual for more Dan a year and the simple trick is just managing every gear with neutral, by dat U reduce stress , on Auto the problem I have most times is the non driving leg, very very problematic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 10:42am On Feb 11, 2021
MiamiePizza:

What kinda link you referring bro

You said you will call her out. Just copy the link to the tweet when you call her out and paste it here

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 10:43am On Feb 11, 2021
1daboi:
if it was manual, the guy for collect. Only the screeching alone is bae. When next you watch movies, observe robbers get away cars. They are manuals. Why do you think police hillux and escort cars are manual. Manual bad gan. Auto na women car

U Sabi ,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:47am On Feb 11, 2021
1daboi:

In d absence of holy water... shall we?

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2021
coker007:

Alright, it's fine though .....i don't like typing too much and you can't relate....I'll let it slide..... But i won't lie it's paining my heart.....

Boss u b man, let it slide... what if sometin worst happened that night? Just think thro d worst and find worthy thanks to give.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:55am On Feb 11, 2021
davit:
Guys, I heard shootings are ongoing in Obalende. Let's be careful with trips to that axis for now.

Which side? Ordinary shootings! Wen I say make u come make we fry u, it's because of days like dis... off to Obalende grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:55am On Feb 11, 2021
1daboi:
guy, I know say you just started this hustle. Wait, very soon, you'll understand better. Besides, why did you chose cultist infested bus stop as her destination? I'm not understanding
Was he the one that made the request? And you're calling someone dull grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:05am On Feb 11, 2021
davit:
This is very common to these smallies. The habit don tire me. Na so one refused to come down at Chevy gate the other day after trip don end. She con dey fume for me when security guys no allow her enter as per sey time don pass 10 pm. On top of that, she still said I must keep my AC running. I sha dey pray make trip enter. As one enter, na so I tell am I wan go pick my rider.

They are very quick to tell you to end the trip but very slow to come down.

I was also like you when I started, I go on AC dey wait for you cheesy.

Now if I like you, the best I will do is leave the music on after I must have turned of the engine and the AC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:05am On Feb 11, 2021
1daboi:
it's because of peeps like you I don't comment on nairaland. Ola said he almost got attacked but was able to get away because of his auto gear. And I told him that a manual car would do even better. Then made reference to movies and police hillux. But you chose to display your dullness. That's y u failed your exams. Low comprehension. Just like izzou rightly said, those criticizing manual have never driven it or learnt with auto.
Because of that small something that's why you wrote all this grammer that you learnt in school cheesy
But wait o, which exam did you fail? Kindly remind me again.

If you think I've not driven manual before, you will have to think again because it's possible you were still driving toy cars when I started driving manual, and i still drove one to awka from lagos in January so don't be jumpy make you no go jump inside hot water.

Lastly don't be making statements like.. it's because of people like you i don't comment on nairaland. Who cares! You're not important so it doesn't matter whether you comment or not. grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:05am On Feb 11, 2021
This is a topic for conversation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3412) (3413) (3414) (3415) (3416) (3417) (3418) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.