Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4732812 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3874) (3875) (3876) (3877) (3878) (3879) (3880) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
CheerfulGiverr:
Ember months, surely.

But you don't need me to do that before you sack your boss. Pension and gratuity Na scam. It's part of your salary that they compulsorily save for you. And give you after you have served them all your life. Therefore you never really escape their slavery cos they also pay you when they like. Use your youth now to hustle and take charge of your life.

Drive your own car and save 7 - 10k daily, your monthly gratuity will be between 210k - 300k , yearly will be 2.520m - 3.6m. Grab the bull by the horns. Bank workers earning 100k monthly can no longer afford suits. They love slavery. Don't be like them.

Pension and gratuity is not scam....don't mislead people on something you have little or no knowledge about.. advising people to work hard and hustle for their good is right.

Even as a hustler you can start your own pension scheme and you can always access your money, their are guidelines put in place to ensure that.

Pension is wisdom.

Pension in the employed sector is a combined contribution of employee and employer and on the current pension law...employer contribute the largest of the 15%.

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiverr: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
Johnchrix:

This is deep shocked
Bro, poverty is a choice.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiverr: 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
IFSHR:

Pension and gratuity is not scam....don't mislead people on something you have little or no knowledge about.. advising people to work hard and hustle for their good is right.

Even as a hustler you can start your own pension scheme and you can always access your money, their are guidelines put in place to ensure that.

Pension is wisdom.
What did I say different?

I said he should drive himself and save between 2.5 and 3.6m yearly. Is that not his own pension? Must pension be paid to a pension scheme that invests the money in businesses that make them more profits?

Must pension be from a company paying peanuts?

Gratuity and pension is a scam... Bite me.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiverr: 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
What I type and post here is not for everybody. People who think alike will get what I'm saying and doing. Others will not. I don't care about the others. Neither will I stop posting.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
CheerfulGiverr:

What did I say different?

I said he should drive himself and save between 2.5 and 3.6m yearly. Is that not his own pension? Must pension be paid to a pension scheme that invests the money in businesses that make them more profits?

Must pension be from a company paying peanuts?

Gratuity and pension is a scam... Bite me.

There is different between your savings and pension.

You can always access your savings but pension can not be easily accessed...pension is savings targeted towards old age....

All human being have 3 spending need....and your pension can always prevent you from dipping straight into your savings especially during emergency need of spending....

I never questioned your advice....I only corrected your statement....that pension is a scam.....

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiverr: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
IFSHR:

There is different between your savings and pension.

You can always access your savings but pension can not be easily accessed...pension is savings targeted towards old age....

All human being have 3 spending need....and your pension can always prevent you from dipping straight into your savings especially during emergency need of spending....

I never questioned your advice....I only corrected your statement....that pension is a scam.....
Pension is a scam.

Pension never takes into account inflation. Pensioners today that we know and see are paid a stipend monthly. From a pension scheme that invests their hard earned money and pay them monthly peanuts like they're doing them a favour.

Many pensioners have been receiving 20k monthly for the past 10 years. If they had taken their life into their hand, they would have invested their own savings in businesses, real estate, etc that they control themselves. Trust me, people like me will never get a 20k monthly pension in this life, or the next.

Slavery na choice. What I post isn't for everyone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CsRockefeller(m): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2021
CheerfulGiverr:
Pension is a scam.

Pension never takes into account inflation. Pensioners today that we know and see are paid a stipend monthly. From a pension scheme that invests their hard earned money and pay them monthly peanuts like they're doing them a favour.

Many pensioners have been receiving 20k monthly for the past 10 years. If they had taken their life into their hand, they would have invested their own savings in businesses, real estate, etc that they control themselves. Trust me, people like me will never get a 20k monthly pension in this life, or the next.

I fu*king Stan youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
CheerfulGiverr:
Pension is a scam.

Sir, you won't blame those who's eyes are yet to be opened to the reality. I have some one who's collecting 16k mothly after serving an oil company for over 15 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2021
We are now on pension matter having left dashboard and rider matters.

Em em...let me add this.

My car steering was vibrating at speed above 60km/h.
My mechanic the culprit was the power steering rack after checking all possible causes. This was about 4 months ago.

I am not an Uber driver so I just continued using my car from office and " home" when I learnt that the rack is quite pricy.

So I got some days of work and decided to revisit the issue again.
I told him to check other areas again and told him the rack was quite pricy. When I gave him the quotation for a new/tokunbo rack.
He said he would check it.
Bottom line ...we bought grease, new rubber ,(I bought new brake pad),
I asked him if he saw anything out of place he said no,
But while bolting all parts into place,
He said it seem a tirod is not very okay.
What he did to it, I don't know.
I have tested the car on top speed,
Drove it on one-way in Lagos on top speed. My steering now okay.

Moral of the story.

North bird, cheerfulgiver,
Let shelve the banters.
Pension is not scam
However according to cheerfulgiver, there are better options of use for that money. Both are opinions.
Can we now move on.
grin
NB: pension is a legal labour law.
Every employer/organization having more than 25 staff (I think)...must pay pension to her staff.

If u have your own small business,
Just expand it, that is ur pension.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lush100:
We are now on pension matter having left dashboard and rider matters.

Em em...let me add this.

My car steering was vibrating at speed above 60km/h.
My mechanic the culprit was the power steering rack after checking all possible causes. This was about 4 months ago.

I am not an Uber driver so I just continued using my car from office and " home" when I learnt that the rack is quite pricy.

So I got some days of work and decided to revisit the issue again.
I told him to check other areas again and told him the rack was quite pricy. When I gave him the quotation for a new/tokunbo rack.
He said he would check it.
Bottom line ...we bought grease, new rubber ,(I bought new brake pad),
I asked him if he saw anything out of place he said no,
But while bolting all parts into place,
He said it seem a tirod is not very okay.
What he did to it, I don't know.
I have tested the car on top speed,
Drove it on one-way in Lagos on top speed. My steering now okay.

Moral of the story.

North bird, cheerfulgiver,
Let shelve the banters.
Pension is not scam
However according to cheerfulgiver, there are better options of use for that money. Both are opinions.
Can we now move on.
grin

Oga pension na scam.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
CheerfulGiverr:
Pension is a scam.

I am not very sure but I think some of the PFAs invest the funds you have with them and pay you dividends every year. The returns may not necessarily beat inflation but its something

Also, not everyone is financially disciplined. If you leave people to plan their pension themselves, most people will blow the money. Pension comes in handy for people like that.

My mum earns a little over 100k monthly as pension, I'm not sure she would have been able to invest in anything to generate 100k for her now that she is retired. The financial burden on her was so much while we were growing up and she would have used the money to sort one bill or the other if they had paid her while she was still working

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
Johnchrix:

Oga pension na scam.

Okay sir,

Thanks for your opinion,

Your opinion will be forwarded to the minister of labour Dr Ngige with a copy to Minister of deny-information Alh. L. Mohamed via Twitter.
Can we now move on

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Llbhons: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thanks for the advice brother �

pls do you have a link to rentals or hp sir?

NB: Any pro tip would go a long way for a newbie residents in ibadan
CheerfulGiverr:
HP na scam.

You get a HP for 4m at 140k monthly for 28 - 30 months. Which is basically 2 years plus.

But you can drive a rental, save 6k daily and have between 1.5 - 1.8 million in a year which can buy you a car.

Choose wisely
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
kanuisagoat:

I am not very sure but I think some of the PFAs invest the funds you have with them and pay you dividends every year. The returns may not necessarily beat inflation but its something

Also, not everyone is finicially disciplined. If you leave people to plan their pension themselves, most people will blow the money. Pension comes in handy for people like that.

My mum earns a little over 100k monthly as pension, I'm not sure she would have been able to invest in anything to generate 100k for her now that she is retired. The financial burden on her was so much while we were growing up and she would have used the money to sort one bill or the other if they had paid her while she was still working
Please returned the phone to the rightful owner, you can't type like this and be bearing that monicker you have up there..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Llbhons: 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
100% bro
CheerfulGiverr:
Pension is a scam.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Wise words..
CheerfulGiverr:
Pension is a scam.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Johnchrix:

This is deep shocked

As in ehn . . .

Borehole deep. . .
Oil well deep . . .
Olosho toto deep . . .

No worry, me and my boss story go soon reach Nairaland front page
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
For those in paid employment Pension isn't a scam and the thing dey statutory, it's 18% (Employer 10%/employee 8%), however it doesn't take inflation into consideration. Besides pension, some organisations also have co-operative which has really been of help for some people on the lower rung of the ladder even in the informal sector.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2021
I am also looking for a car to drive on weekly remittance remittance remittance remittance remittance either full time or part time. I can be reached on 07034811553.
Thanks..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hopefullight: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
Juwonmania:
I am also looking for a car to drive on weekly remittance remittance remittance remittance remittance either full time or part time. I can be reached on 07034811553.
Thanks..

You better mention how much u Intendant top deliver if you are serious.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiverr: 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Also, not everyone is financially disciplined. If you leave people to plan their pension themselves, most people will blow the money. Pension comes in handy for people like that.

God bless your mom wherever she is.

Like I said, what I post isn't for everyone. I can only comment from my perspective and people who can relate with me will understand better and make a life altering decision fast.

Not everyone is financially disciplined like you rightly said. What about those who are? Financial discipline is not learnt. I'm not making a blanket statement, but from where I stand, pension remains a scam. PFA, whatever are the same thing. They use the situation of the country against pensioners always. I'll like to think that I am financially disciplined and that I know what I want. So too many others reading this that think the same way I do.

My dad earns 20k monthly as pension. It's too late to even think of investing in anything. Could it be that when he was my age and had youth by his side, he could have made some drastic decisions? Maybe... He didn't take some opportunities as they came, he didn't invest in things he should have. He had two cars at the time when a plot of land was less than the amount for one car.

Never blaming him, but I have learned from what happened to him. He worked in a very reputable airline for 32 years, but his pension is 20k. Was there a point in his life out of the 32 years he could have taken a drastic action? I may never find out, but it will never ever happen to me... Ever.

Inflation is boss. It's not going to slow down. Do you want to disagree that 100k today may be worth nothing the next 10 years? Do you agree that there are some salary workers right now that own a corolla and earning 150k a month, that will still be earning 150k in 10 years? What will be the worth of that 150k and that corolla in 10 years?

My post is not for everyone.

For those that tick the boxes, now is time to leave slavery, take opportunity, make money, invest, make profit re invest. The owners of those companies didn't get those companies from salary work. Heck, many billionaires in Nigeria right now didn't even finish secondary school, not to talk of earning a guaranteed salary.

Pension to me will remain a scam because I am financially disciplined and I have learnt from experience. I know what exploitation means. I know how to take opportunities.

My post is not for everyone... I'm not even going to drive forever. I won't post dashboard forever. What I do here goes beyond motivation. It's left for those who reason along my lines to make their decisions. Those that don't are gladly welcome to apply for jobs when we're ready to employ them.

Nigeria right now is a mess. But we can't use that as an excuse not to carve out the sense from nonsense. We are constantly plagued by bills. Bills will increase but salary will never ever increase... Anyone that's comfortable to earn a meagre salary now so as to receive a pittance, also known as pension in the next 20 something years is gladly welcome to keep enjoying waking up by 4am to work for someone else while you have the means currently to change your ambitions.

Me and my fellow ants have other ideas... To each his own. My post isn't for everyone.

21 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dharnte: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2021
Convert your airtime to cash... contact me @dantuyo@gmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiverr: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Current weekly earnings.

Rest + maintenance

When I kickstart..... cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
Do you have a car for me sir?
I can still remit 30k if car is in good condition. Further negotiation with me and potential boss.
If you have any pls let me know o.
hopefullight:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yak(m): 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
Johnchrix:

This will be ok it's going for 1.3

What year is this?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
I want out, my eyes don see since yesterday shocked

1. Got a trip from adeniyi Jones to Oniru 3800. I check the map and it's 40 mins around 5, my mind say make I run em. That is how I embark on it... the guy was practically calling everyone on his contact list as I was blowing full speed about how he doesn't have money and need to sought himself for the night, as well pay the cab man. In my mind, I sha know this matter will end somewhere. Got to oniru, he went to meet his friend, that one gave him money, how much? I don't know. He hopped into the car back and plead I use one of the road he need to get something. On getting dia, I don't know d kind of expensive sh*t this guy got for 10k, b4 I know someone don light something that looks like all this old man pot stick and start doing like Tony Montana. Bros how far my money I asked? He gave me 3k and try to alight, I quickly tell him, my money remain 800 naira. Ha! He exclaimed, I no get money again nah all the money I collect now don finish (acting like someone that's dozing off). Silent for like a minute, and he said oga! Text me ur account I go send em later, me: I can not b calling u cos of that. Las Las we settle for him to use the 800 naira to send card, we tried from 800 to 400 before his account can beat the insufficient fund. What's left? No point dragging 400h with him again, I let go. Deep within I was just thinking how wasted this generation were... 10k on drug and to cap it all, he have to beg to stay high lipsrsealed

2. Brb

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lush100:

Okay sir,

Thanks for your opinion,

Your opinion will be forwarded to the minister of labour Dr Ngige with a copy to Minister of deny-information Alh. L. Mohamed via Twitter.
Can we now move on

[img]https://media1./images/f5bf2b3ef6a505dc3142080b1f32f560/tenor.gif?itemid=15768895[/img]

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yak(m): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
Felicity0001:

Run from all above mentioned cars if you like yourself.

Look at other cars

Give your own suggestions

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by funshelite(m): 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
hopefullight:

Good evening everyone , I'm looking for a car to drive on rentals . I would be able to pay 25k weekly to the owner .I would treat the car like mine , I'm diligent and understanding .

My number is 07011834611.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
funshelite:

Good evening everyone , I'm looking for a car to drive on rentals . I would be able to pay 25k weekly to the owner .I would treat the car like mine , I'm diligent and understanding .

My number is 07011834611.
Haa, u wan pay 25k with 200k dashboard?
These drivers wicked ooo
grin grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
yak:

What year is this?
2007 not first body tho
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by funshelite(m): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Haa, u wan pay 25k with 200k dashboard?
These drivers wicked ooo
grin grin

Bros I've not even started .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3874) (3875) (3876) (3877) (3878) (3879) (3880) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.