Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4763895 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3908) (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
Some people are just impossible grin grin

The same person requesting and canceling like we have a case to settle

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
Thanks for responding...will stay at Ojo area...planned on staying with a friend on rent 10k per month. Am not too familiar I can still be a bit confused even though I've been to several places in Lagos eg Satellite Festac Oshodi Gbagada Surulere Yaba Ikeja Iyana Ipaja Lekki Kirikiri and Apapa. In selling my car I feel the car is caused to be honest tired of constant repairs and feel I should sell or manage it and delve into uber/bolt.
If the car is cursed then it will not stand the heat of ehailing, just sell it and start your business. I wish you best of luck.
If I were in your shoes sha, I would still do strong head and find a competent mechanic, stary using my early earnings to keep fixing the car. As long as there are no recurring issues, one day the curse will be lifted

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
wow...grateful for the response. The business pays very well though with 5m I can make 800k - 1m in a month but its shaky. I've been on d biz for like 3 months now but 500k gives me 80k per month. Mehn they pricing my camry 1.2m. I can break even in 6 months by compound interest to a million profit per month. Okay my engine is very good but don't trust my gear and the wedge inside the bottom plate has been changed. Car is demonic and eats up my finance with minor repairs often and on. Its been difficult to decide selling d car cos of the pricing is insulting. My AC is bad catalyst stolen etc. So I may need up to 300-400k to put it in shape. Very much grateful will ponder on the above and have a deep thought. Thanks and God bless
Oh, the curse is strong. How is the fuel consumption, that will determine if you'll be pleased or frustrated in the end

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
confusedworld17:

Na apple bigi him dey take
With 2 gala
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
Thurmieee:
House.... please what car can I get for less than 1m that can do bolt. I know it'll be naija used.....also what toks can I get with less than 1.5 m

To add To the question or to complete the question...

What car can I get with less than 1.5m that will compete or stand along with the Toyota and Civic at the moment?

I'm also very much interested in this question.

From my experience, tok is the best and suitable tools for this job. Within a year as a driver with the car you're 100% sure of making profit. Not capital oh... Profit!!!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
Thurmieee:
House.... please what car can I get for less than 1m that can do bolt. I know it'll be naija used.....also what toks can I get with less than 1.5 m

For less than 1.5m!? Probably picanto. Just look for a good naija use and then fix to your taste. However, try to inspect car thoroughly before you buy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
confusedworld17:

Na apple bigi him dey take

grin

And me dey take watin?

I just dey reason d guy now... C how ungrateful this world can be... As if it's only one person dat gave him advice.

It is well shallgrin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famuad: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
Farmland Available in Iseyin, Oyo state

Description: 300 acres of farmland available at finijo village, Iseyin. 12 minutes drive from Iseyin township.

Family agreement after purchased.

Price: 80k per acre.

For enquiry: Call/WhatsApp: 09034636432
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
pope191:

It is finished! Prophetess Bazoo talk em, person wey neva complete one trip don deh buy beer. Donfortunate48 please pick another spot, d real lazy driver is not just about to make a grand, but thunderous entrance and he will b needing ur staff and work station.
grin cheesy
E never start e don dey buy drink, he's truly a hard working driver.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
deedee44:

Ehya. Sorry bro. Better luck

Quick one.. why do you guys use wallets? I'm used to keeping my stuffs in my pocket. In fact I put each denomination of naira in each pocket so even if my pocket is picked (almost impossible) I will only lose some money and not all my money.

Me I don't like wallet... Me na average danfo driver ogrin I get many spot I keep money of different denominations.

Search me and my car u no go c N1 but money dey.

2weeks ago dey those foolish taskforce arrested me illegally and took me to LASMA office in Oshodi that I took one way... After all the dragging with them with top ogas being involve na inside my car I comot 25k settle them.

This country shall... It's so bleeped.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Dailyparrot:

When will be sitting deep inside the surge nko, cunny man die cuny man bury am.
grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
Dailyparrot:

It's possible he/she's trying to request a particular driver but due to some factors he/she couldn't get him so request kept coming to u.

I experienced it last week at ebute meta. She finally went with me after the 3rd trier.

When I asked her some questions after asking her why she kept cancelling and I came to understood she didn't rate the driver... She said for some reasons she couldn't explain the rating taskpan went off when she came back outside for the next ride.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Felicity0001:

Me I don't like wallet... Me na average danfo driver ogrin I get many spot I keep money of different denominations.

Search me and my car u no go c N1 but money dey.

2weeks ago dey those foolish taskforce arrested me illegally and took me to LASMA office in Oshodi that I took one way... After all the dragging with them with top ogas being involve na inside my car I comot 25k settle them.

This country shall... It's so bleeped.

But sir, did you truly pass One-way?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
deedee44:

Oh, the curse is strong. How is the fuel consumption, that will determine if you'll be pleased or frustrated in the end
very terrible...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2021
deedee44:

If the car is cursed then it will not stand the heat of ehailing, just sell it and start your business. I wish you best of luck.
If I were in your shoes sha, I would still do strong head and find a competent mechanic, stary using my early earnings to keep fixing the car. As long as there are no recurring issues, one day the curse will be lifted

I posted this in January 2020....as at today I've spent over 900k on repairs accidents and mechanical issues. Car is milking me badly . Read

How I spent over 2.6 million on a car that gets me sad, embarrassed and frustrated. Now I am getting depressed…

Last year 22 June is one day I can't easily forget. I just got myself a Toyota Camry 2007 for my 25th Birthday. I bought the car for 1.8m from a very good friend of mine (8 years together). He buys and sells used and foreign (tokunbo) cars although not a certified dealer. He drove the car down to my loc and I accessed the car I was shocked as it was far from what I expected. On inspecting the car, I was not so impressed, despite having a california plate number like heck this shit supposed be better than i anticipated. The sound of the car was too noisy, the vibrations from the dashboard, the windscreen cracked (about 28inches), the interior a bit neat but the sound system to the gear lever area was not so neat. I began to doubt the prize of the car but we already negotiated at 1.8m. I asked if this car is okay, he affirmed that it is and can't sell a problem to his brother.

I drove the car out to look for a car diagnosing company but it was a rainy day had to come back not being able to get a car company to check the car. The car consumes fuel a little bit more than conventional 4 plugs and it raised further doubt about the roadworthiness of the car but what do I know car was moving although skips when entering gear 3. I didn't know much about all this as overtime I didn't put the discipline of owning a car with this being my second car am so ashamed. Went back home I asked my friend what's wrong with the car he affirmed again that nothing is wrong. A month later I started noticing oil stain where I park. I bent over and saw oil dripping my heart almost skipped while this is a small issue (I knew this later) I trembled…this car is just a month old. I spent 31k fixing this shit cos I was too busy to inspect the repairs. A week later the same issue occurred. This was getting too much.

This got me sad and mad and I was already regretting the choice of getting a car. I later opted for a car company (My worst mistake). Oil seal was fixed 4 times in 7 months oil keeps dripping from the engine. Between this period the car abruptly stops on the road and sometimes won't even start after parking. I suffered all this with a faulty steering pump which causes the steering to be stiff. Some car companies aren't trustworthy and won't likely be the solution to your car problems...but they got my car moving each time it breaks down and I paid the exorbitant cost for minor repairs for fear of this roadside mechanics. The drill continued and I kept repairing and kept paying. The worst happened in March this year when I had a hit with a reckless driver. The bonnet bent a little and bumper beyond repair. I painted the car after 11 days. I told a panel beater working with the painter to bring the car home for me on reaching close the car stopped. Suffered to get it home as the car keeps draining charged batteries.

The next day I called the car company to come take the car for checks and possible repair. The next day I was told the engine has to be ringed that it's not the alternator. Bill of 169k for everything. I opted for a new engine (2AZ and was billed 300k for everything by the same company). I also bought shaft for both legs (55k). The former engine I was told is now scrapped and would be sold for a small amount (I left it for them). The car was with them for about 7 weeks as I wasn't around. When the car was out, AC no longer working. I called and was told the compressor is bad and needs to be changed. Why me! Bill 148k Like my God what have I done...? I spent 96k to fix AC (I had to call someone else from the neighboring state). I discovered that the AC had been fixed before and resulted to change most of the AC components. had to rethink this whole spending, right now my windscreen is bad can't see well when it's raining, my headlamp bad not bright, my exhaust very noisy unwanted sound from the manifold and consumes fuel, the legs need to be checked again (camber bushing or what do they call it) and interior needs fixing. Other issues although not certain is the suspension.
After penning my frustration in this piece Nairaland kept banning me from uploading…I gave up trying. The worst right now my gear doesn't select after a journey of 112km to and fro where I base. I need to share this experience so people can learn from this.
The estimate for expenses carried out so far on repairs so far should be over 850k in one year (major repairs: New Engine + Shaft 355k, AC 96k, Legs [fixed twice] 64K {break pads, hub, tie rod, bushing etc}) (minor repairs: oil seal repair 4 times around 80k (new oil every time to put a new oil seal), Nozzle + Plugs + Fan + Key starter 44k, Exhaust (net) 10.4k. Others: painting 60k and panel beating 15k. (all of this excluding gear) Bought tires several times as they keep peeling off from bad alignment although Belgium tires. There are others I can't remember right now. All this excluding fuel. I honestly can't continue like this. Cars been parked for 4 months now. I cant kill myself

Am sad cry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 9:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
This is a, very pathetic story o.
The lord, will uphold you.
Abeg sell the car.
cuteralph101:

I posted this in January 2020....as at today I've spent over 900k on repairs accidents and mechanical issues. Car is milking me badly . Read

How I spent over 2.6 million on a car that gets me sad, embarrassed and frustrated. Now I am getting depressed…

Last year 22 June is one day I can't easily forget. I just got myself a Toyota Camry 2007 for my 25th Birthday. I bought the car for 1.8m from a very good friend of mine (8 years together). He buys and sells used and foreign (tokunbo) cars although not a certified dealer. He drove the car down to my loc and I accessed the car I was shocked as it was far from what I expected. On inspecting the car, I was not so impressed, despite having a california plate number like heck this shit supposed be better than i anticipated. The sound of the car was too noisy, the vibrations from the dashboard, the windscreen cracked (about 28inches), the interior a bit neat but the sound system to the gear lever area was not so neat. I began to doubt the prize of the car but we already negotiated at 1.8m. I asked if this car is okay, he affirmed that it is and can't sell a problem to his brother.

I drove the car out to look for a car diagnosing company but it was a rainy day had to come back not being able to get a car company to check the car. The car consumes fuel a little bit more than conventional 4 plugs and it raised further doubt about the roadworthiness of the car but what do I know car was moving although skips when entering gear 3. I didn't know much about all this as overtime I didn't put the discipline of owning a car with this being my second car am so ashamed. Went back home I asked my friend what's wrong with the car he affirmed again that nothing is wrong. A month later I started noticing oil stain where I park. I bent over and saw oil dripping my heart almost skipped while this is a small issue (I knew this later) I trembled…this car is just a month old. I spent 31k fixing this shit cos I was too busy to inspect the repairs. A week later the same issue occurred. This was getting too much.

This got me sad and mad and I was already regretting the choice of getting a car. I later opted for a car company (My worst mistake). Oil seal was fixed 4 times in 7 months oil keeps dripping from the engine. Between this period the car abruptly stops on the road and sometimes won't even start after parking. I suffered all this with a faulty steering pump which causes the steering to be stiff. Some car companies aren't trustworthy and won't likely be the solution to your car problems...but they got my car moving each time it breaks down and I paid the exorbitant cost for minor repairs for fear of this roadside mechanics. The drill continued and I kept repairing and kept paying. The worst happened in March this year when I had a hit with a reckless driver. The bonnet bent a little and bumper beyond repair. I painted the car after 11 days. I told a panel beater working with the painter to bring the car home for me on reaching close the car stopped. Suffered to get it home as the car keeps draining charged batteries.

The next day I called the car company to come take the car for checks and possible repair. The next day I was told the engine has to be ringed that it's not the alternator. Bill of 169k for everything. I opted for a new engine (2AZ and was billed 300k for everything by the same company). I also bought shaft for both legs (55k). The former engine I was told is now scrapped and would be sold for a small amount (I left it for them). The car was with them for about 7 weeks as I wasn't around. When the car was out, AC no longer working. I called and was told the compressor is bad and needs to be changed. Why me! Bill 148k Like my God what have I done...? I spent 96k to fix AC (I had to call someone else from the neighboring state). I discovered that the AC had been fixed before and resulted to change most of the AC components. had to rethink this whole spending, right now my windscreen is bad can't see well when it's raining, my headlamp bad not bright, my exhaust very noisy unwanted sound from the manifold and consumes fuel, the legs need to be checked again (camber bushing or what do they call it) and interior needs fixing. Other issues although not certain is the suspension.
After penning my frustration in this piece Nairaland kept banning me from uploading…I gave up trying. The worst right now my gear doesn't select after a journey of 112km to and fro where I base. I need to share this experience so people can learn from this.
The estimate for expenses carried out so far on repairs so far should be over 850k in one year (major repairs: New Engine + Shaft 355k, AC 96k, Legs [fixed twice] 64K {break pads, hub, tie rod, bushing etc}) (minor repairs: oil seal repair 4 times around 80k (new oil every time to put a new oil seal), Nozzle + Plugs + Fan + Key starter 44k, Exhaust (net) 10.4k. Others: painting 60k and panel beating 15k. (all of this excluding gear) Bought tires several times as they keep peeling off from bad alignment although Belgium tires. There are others I can't remember right now. All this excluding fuel. I honestly can't continue like this. Cars been parked for 4 months now. I cant kill myself

Am sad cry

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=pope191 post=104571511]

It is finished! Prophetess Bazoo talk em, person wey neva complete one trip don deh buy beer. Donfortunate48 please pick another spot, d real lazy driver is not just about to make a grand, but thunderous entrance and he will b needing ur staff and work station. Lols calm down. I'm not lazy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
deedee44:

bad o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph10

So apart from the gear, windshield, upholstery and fuel consumption what other issues are you currently having with the car?

If those are the only problems remaining then I’d suggest you fix it up and keep using it. You’ve already spent much on it and you’re almost set to make it somewhat wholesome again (at least for Uber)

If I were in your shoes I’d budget a Tokumbo windscreen, tokumbo gearbox, get seat covers and maybe get a tokumbo fuse box and then SCAN THE CAR for anything else that might be lurking while using it for Uber so I can save towards the fix. The fuel consumption issue will only be fixable with the aid of a scan.

Selling that car to get another Nigerian use is a gamble because you’d not be certain of the health of the cars engine and gearbox plus tokumbo vehicles the standard of that your present troubled car will cost upwards of N3m in the current market if it’s a clean title.

Besides are you sure your car wasn’t initially flooded? You might need to check its vin so you’d know if is the reason why you’ve not had rest of mind from the car.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 11:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
Sorry for your ordeal bro.....
For future sake, always ask questions and sometimes,
the people closer to you are your greater enemy.
Knowing people and knowing the RIGHT people is just what just happened.
Do you still plan on using the car?
Or you are thinking of disposing it?
cuteralph101:

Am sad cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:

Am sad cry
So sorry Bro, as it is I would advise you sell it of and count your loss and move on.
Obviously the car won't stand the heat of ehailing.
Unfortunately another innocent buyer will inherit the problem grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yak(m): 12:08am On Aug 09, 2021
cuteralph101:

Am sad cry

Unfortunately, you overlooked the early signs....
Just take a decision on what to do with the car and do it but in my opinion, the car already gave you enough pains than you deserve. Just do away with it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gbengaizzHe: 12:32am On Aug 09, 2021
I need a car on rental basics for ehailing.. You can call or text lets talk on the modalities.. 08153450103 thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:45am On Aug 09, 2021
BAZ001:

I drive the same car it’s yours so it’s okay.
I won’t advise you to sell your car, you can use your car to hustle and fund the other business.
My concern is the relocation?
Which part of Lagos will you stay, is it free accommodation or rent?
Are you familiar with Lagos ? People on this side of the country are not that okay.

For example I drove for 15hrs yesterday cos of 5%, I made mad money but one side of my head has been banging since. I’ve been sleeping and waking still banging. Tot I was conveniently in the ants league, but by myself I’m going back to lazy driver league.

Modified
I no know say d oga’s don reply you, I for keep quiet.
See those two people up there hmmm.
Two extreme,
white & black,
north & south
After them na them.
You don’t need an other explanation.

You going to get some mama's cooking boy .....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:55am On Aug 09, 2021
BAZ001:

[s]The reason people are not eager to answer you is because we have two categories of drivers here the lady drivers and Ants machine drivers
Lazy drivers will most likely tell you to go look for another business than driving for 12hrs every day.
While Ants will tell you to quickly quickly register your car and start making 400k every month.

You will have to read 20pages back to get full gist. The way you sound, I perceive you will be a lazy driver. if you find it hard to read the thread but want quick answer to enable you make critical decisions. Hmmmm
[/s]

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 6:21am On Aug 09, 2021
How do i get username and password and also getted activated up after online registration.

I have gone for inspection.

Do i need to physically need to go to lekki before i get activated?

cc
dru23
felicity0001
BAZ001
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:23am On Aug 09, 2021
deedee44:

Ehya. Sorry bro. Better luck

Quick one.. why do you guys use wallets? I'm used to keeping my stuffs in my pocket. In fact I put each denomination of naira in each pocket so even if my pocket is picked (almost impossible) I will only lose some money and not all my money.

Wallet is the last tin I can use, is like preparing to lost everything at once.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:25am On Aug 09, 2021
dru23:

Oga Dru please leave Buhari alone, b4 someone bans e hailing in Nigeria
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:26am On Aug 09, 2021
Gentlelife50:

grin cheesy
E never start e don dey buy drink, he's truly a hard working driver.

grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:28am On Aug 09, 2021
[quote author=cuteralph101 post=104579206][/quote]

I know boss, all of us together in combination like this we are one.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 6:33am On Aug 09, 2021
How do i get username and password and also getted activated up after online registration.

I have gone for inspection.

Do i need to physically need to go to lekki before i get activated?

pope191:

I know boss, all of us together in combination like this we are one.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:18am On Aug 09, 2021
pope191:

Wallet is the last tin I can use, is like preparing to lost everything at once.
So many reasons why I can't use it, sometimes I will want to roger boys for area, I already know where 200 notes are, where 500s are unlike a wallet where you will open it and they will see plenty money and expect you to give them something big

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3908) (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), davit, ksmart027(m), jstburner(m), Johnchrix(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.