Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4758067 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) (3915) (3916) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
141samuel:
This move/innosson want to take over uber

Is this the one they advertised for promo at 2.5M? If yes, then it's good for a NEW car. But then, how available and/or cheap would the parts be, considering the fact that it is made in Nigeria and not imported?

Abeg, anybody don use IVM for here before?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2021
141samuel:
This move/innosson want to take over uber

Beautiful!!!!!! This guys are on this thread......#Bravo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Springboot: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
InfinityEstates:

Is this the one they advertised for promo at 2.5M? If yes, then it's good for a NEW car. But then, how available and/or cheap would the parts be, considering the fact that it is made in Nigeria and not imported?

Abeg, anybody don use IVM for here before?

My company bought 60 innoson vehicles during the lockdown, i haven't heard any negative reviews so far, I don't know about the parts but I could find out from the department in charge.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
Felicity0001:

In that note sir can you kindly buy off the said car from him at a more reasonable price than the amount offered to him?

Have you ever had experience with a problematic car before?

Bros abeg leave the guy make him sell off the car... Mind you the debate is not weather the car is even problematic or not but weather he should sell to invest on his business or repair and focus on uber. But revelation has it that the car is problematic... Again, its the 2007 Camry with engine factory fault notorious in oil shortage... That same car is also bad when it comes to shaft issue... All these he pointed out in his post... You are a veteran in this hustle naaa baba so you suppose give profined advice.

Instead of selling the 2007 Toyota Camry as-is for 1.1m, I would rather fix it with 200k and sell for 2m or even 1.8m.
Even when distressed, try to keep a rational mind and think wisely.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
Springboot:

My company bought 60 innoson vehicles during the lockdown, i haven't heard any negative reviews so far, I don't know about the parts but I could find out from the department in charge.
For argument sake, 2006 Toyota corolla vs Innoson Connect.

I'll choose the Innoson. What about you?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

Give reasons...
Have you seen the Great wall and Geely cars that were bought brand new 4 or 5years ago and used as marketing and operations cars in companies today?

Sentiments apart, I will pick a standard Tokunbo 2006 Toyota Corolla over a brand new Innoson Connect.

Reasons: quality, durability, availability of spare parts, tested and trusted

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

Give reasons...
Have you seen the Great wall and Geely cars that were bought brand new 4 or 5years ago and used as marketing and operations cars in companies today?

Sentiments apart, I will pick standard Tokunbo Toyota Corolla over a brand new Innoson Connect.

You'll also have to factor in how those companies maintained the cars.

We cannot just assume that those cars won't survive for more than 5 years
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bolutic(m): 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
Sad story that your friend is not good he know what he sold for you I brought Nigeria use car from company am enjoy it will soon give update on it
cuteralph101:

I posted this in January 2020....as at today I've spent over 900k on repairs accidents and mechanical issues. Car is milking me badly . Read

How I spent over 2.6 million on a car that gets me sad, embarrassed and frustrated. Now I am getting depressed…

Last year 22 June is one day I can't easily forget. I just got myself a Toyota Camry 2007 for my 25th Birthday. I bought the car for 1.8m from a very good friend of mine (8 years together). He buys and sells used and foreign (tokunbo) cars although not a certified dealer. He drove the car down to my loc and I accessed the car I was shocked as it was far from what I expected. On inspecting the car, I was not so impressed, despite having a california plate number like heck this shit supposed be better than i anticipated. The sound of the car was too noisy, the vibrations from the dashboard, the windscreen cracked (about 28inches), the interior a bit neat but the sound system to the gear lever area was not so neat. I began to doubt the prize of the car but we already negotiated at 1.8m. I asked if this car is okay, he affirmed that it is and can't sell a problem to his brother.

I drove the car out to look for a car diagnosing company but it was a rainy day had to come back not being able to get a car company to check the car. The car consumes fuel a little bit more than conventional 4 plugs and it raised further doubt about the roadworthiness of the car but what do I know car was moving although skips when entering gear 3. I didn't know much about all this as overtime I didn't put the discipline of owning a car with this being my second car am so ashamed. Went back home I asked my friend what's wrong with the car he affirmed again that nothing is wrong. A month later I started noticing oil stain where I park. I bent over and saw oil dripping my heart almost skipped while this is a small issue (I knew this later) I trembled…this car is just a month old. I spent 31k fixing this shit cos I was too busy to inspect the repairs. A week later the same issue occurred. This was getting too much.

This got me sad and mad and I was already regretting the choice of getting a car. I later opted for a car company (My worst mistake). Oil seal was fixed 4 times in 7 months oil keeps dripping from the engine. Between this period the car abruptly stops on the road and sometimes won't even start after parking. I suffered all this with a faulty steering pump which causes the steering to be stiff. Some car companies aren't trustworthy and won't likely be the solution to your car problems...but they got my car moving each time it breaks down and I paid the exorbitant cost for minor repairs for fear of this roadside mechanics. The drill continued and I kept repairing and kept paying. The worst happened in March this year when I had a hit with a reckless driver. The bonnet bent a little and bumper beyond repair. I painted the car after 11 days. I told a panel beater working with the painter to bring the car home for me on reaching close the car stopped. Suffered to get it home as the car keeps draining charged batteries.

The next day I called the car company to come take the car for checks and possible repair. The next day I was told the engine has to be ringed that it's not the alternator. Bill of 169k for everything. I opted for a new engine (2AZ and was billed 300k for everything by the same company). I also bought shaft for both legs (55k). The former engine I was told is now scrapped and would be sold for a small amount (I left it for them). The car was with them for about 7 weeks as I wasn't around. When the car was out, AC no longer working. I called and was told the compressor is bad and needs to be changed. Why me! Bill 148k Like my God what have I done...? I spent 96k to fix AC (I had to call someone else from the neighboring state). I discovered that the AC had been fixed before and resulted to change most of the AC components. had to rethink this whole spending, right now my windscreen is bad can't see well when it's raining, my headlamp bad not bright, my exhaust very noisy unwanted sound from the manifold and consumes fuel, the legs need to be checked again (camber bushing or what do they call it) and interior needs fixing. Other issues although not certain is the suspension.
After penning my frustration in this piece Nairaland kept banning me from uploading…I gave up trying. The worst right now my gear doesn't select after a journey of 112km to and fro where I base. I need to share this experience so people can learn from this.
The estimate for expenses carried out so far on repairs so far should be over 850k in one year (major repairs: New Engine + Shaft 355k, AC 96k, Legs [fixed twice] 64K {break pads, hub, tie rod, bushing etc}) (minor repairs: oil seal repair 4 times around 80k (new oil every time to put a new oil seal), Nozzle + Plugs + Fan + Key starter 44k, Exhaust (net) 10.4k. Others: painting 60k and panel beating 15k. (all of this excluding gear) Bought tires several times as they keep peeling off from bad alignment although Belgium tires. There are others I can't remember right now. All this excluding fuel. I honestly can't continue like this. Cars been parked for 4 months now. I cant kill myself

Am sad cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Springboot: 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

Same here, Innoson connect over the corrolla. A new car is a new car.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

Give reasons...

Sentiments apart, I will pick a standard Tokunbo 2006 Toyota Corolla over a brand new Innoson Connect.

That 2006 corolla is a beast. It can take a beating anyday. The resale value is unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

Give reasons...

My reason is the numbers. I reason in numbers.

Connect is a new car with components that aren't ready to break down for a year at least. I'll only use that car till I net 10m which will be in less than 20 months. I can sell it as I like. But in that 20 months, I'll sleep well.

My brother, drivers kill cars faster than cars kill themselves. Have you seen what moove drivers turned 2017 corolla into in less than a year?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2021
northbird:

That 2006 corolla is a beast. It can take a beating anyday. The resale value is unbelievable.

resale value of corolla na scam.

A Tokunbo corolla is 2.6. Nigerian used is 1.5

900 minus

Tokunbo Mazda6/Mazda3 Is 1.6 Nigerian used is 850k

750 minus.

Who really lose?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
Springboot:

Same here, Innoson connect over the corrolla. A new car is a new car.
Confirm. It's also has a higher ground clearance, a better modern interior, and a better fuel economy. It's also cheaper.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

Connect is a new car with components that aren't ready to break down for a year at least. I'll only use that car till I met 10m which will be in less than 20 months. I can sell it as I like. But in that 20 months, I'll sleep well.

My brother, drivers kill cars faster than cars kill themselves. Have you seen what moove drivers turned 2017 corolla into in less than a year?

Your last statement is spot on. A 2017 Corolla for me was just too expensive for this venture, there's no way there are gonna make a good ROI. Now IVM to the rescue. You see some cars and you just feel sorry for the car/owner.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 141samuel: 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2021
davit:
Guys let's endeavour to do good out there no matter the temptation. After ending a woman's trip today, she did transfer of 4k but showed error. She had to to do another one that was successful. Shortly after I left she called that she had been debited twice. I asked for her account details and transferred the extra 4k to her after confirming it from my end. She was so mad for joy. She said she feared I might not return it. I have given her another reason to believe that honest people still exist among drivers.

Integrity is the key guys. Let's try to maintain it. Peace.
So on Friday after I reached home around 11:30pm I they try to clean my foot mat naso I saw phone (iPhone) at the back sit
The first thing that came to my mind was who could be the owner of the phone and there possibilities another rider could have picked this phone, later around 12:30 a call came in from his friend that when I told him his friend forget his phone inside my vehicle,
(that when I know is the last 3 trip I did, and they are three guys, my last 2 trip was only single guy and they both sit at the Front) the guy started begging that I should bring the phone to There place the second day that his going to pay me any amount for the trip, we agreed on 20k(for my mind I was thinking this guy agreed 20k just for me to bring the phone) .
The second day when I went to drop the phone, the owner of the phone beg me with 10k ,and thank me for bringing the phone. He said he doesn't even think he forget the phone inside the vehicle, that he noticed the phone is not with him when he wakes up
He ask me to drop them at nearby super market baba still shop for me.
That will be the 5th phone I have returned to rider, I return one to olosho girl after promising she will pay for my trip , she gave #500 I said to her she should not worry ,the ask me if am angry I said no but I will rather not collecting any from her that to collect #500 considering where am coming from. she okay that I should wait she is coming, the girl never come out till tomorrow grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
The ivm connect as at last year was pegged at 4.5m to pay 5m on HP, spread for 3yrs. This was in Enugu.
Hope Lagos won't be on a higher amount too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
mejai:
The ivm connect as at last year was pegged at 4.5m to pay 5m on HP, spread for 3yrs. This was in Enugu.
Hope Lagos won't be on a higher amount too.
The vehicle is expensive o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
izzou:

You'll also have to factor in how those companies maintained the cars.

We cannot just assume that those cars won't survive for more than 5 years

I want to believe companies that can afford to buy these cars in fleet maintain them considerably.
All things being equal, till tomorrow, we still see bank type Corolla, Avensis, Yaris, Honda Civic, City, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Rio that were bought brand new 10-15yrs ago still being used and resold in good condition.
Thesame cannot be said for d cheaper Chinese counterparts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2021
pope191:

Oga Dru please leave Buhari alone, b4 someone bans e hailing in Nigeria

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

I want to believe companies that can afford to buy these cars in fleet maintain them considerably.
All things being equal, till tomorrow, we still see bank type Corolla, Avensis, Yaris, Honda Civic, City, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Rio that were bought brand new 10-15yrs ago still being used and resold in good condition.
Thesame cannot be said for d cheaper Chinese counterparts.

We are not debating which is stronger. We both know that these ones are stronger.

The discourse is picking a brand-new Chinese over a Tokunboh, and yes, I agree with CheerfulGiver. It makes more sense economically.

I really don't put much emphasis on resale value. Let a car yield my ROI as targeted and move on. Whatever I resale it is an extra.

A brand new Chinese car won't give me headaches for the next 18 months. We cannot say the same for Tokunbohs though

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

Connect is a new car with components that aren't ready to break down for a year at least. I'll only use that car till I net 10m which will be in less than 20 months. I can sell it as I like. But in that 20 months, I'll sleep well.

Well...if d plan is to use it for only 1or2 yrs then Innoson will be prefered. But for long-term usage na Corolla...
u can't compare the strength of 2006 Corolla with 2016 Corolla. Talkless of 2016 Innoson.
If it's for personal use that's a different kettle of fish but for ehailing, narrative will change

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
izzou:

We are not debating which is stronger. We both know that these ones are stronger.

The discourse is picking a brand-new Chinese over a Tokunboh, and yes, I agree with CheerfulGiver. It makes more sense economically.

I really don't put much emphasis on resale value. Let a car yield my ROI as targeted and move on. Whatever I resale it is an extra.

A brand new Chinese car won't give me headaches for the next 18 months. We cannot say the same for Tokunbohs though

U really think u will use those cars on ehailing without doing any repairs except servicing for 18months?

Forget resale value, while u will b looking for money to buy another car after 3yrs of heavy use, I will still be enjoying my corolla.
That time we will know which is economically wise

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Llbhons: 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
The site isn't opening
Pearlspar:
Investa.ng is the best option for Uber drivers.

You can save and invest daily, weekly, or monthly for free.
Join her community today
https:///investaopenhouse
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lekan239(m): 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
deedee44:

So many reasons why I can't use it, sometimes I will want to roger boys for area, I already know where 200 notes are, where 500s are unlike a wallet where you will open it and they will see plenty money and expect you to give them something big
I'm considering going into Uber business after I finish school next year January. How much do I need to budget to get a car, and all expenses. My net worth currently is over 2m naira, I'm hoping to save more before January.

How much should I be aiming for. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lekan239(m): 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

U really think u will use those cars on ehailing without doing any repairs except servicing for 18months?

Forget resale value, while u will b looking for money to buy another car after 3yrs of heavy use, I will still be enjoying my corolla.
I'm considering going into Uber business after I finish school next year January. How much do I need to budget to get a car, and all expenses. My net worth currently is over 2m naira, I'm hoping to save more before January.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lekan239(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
141samuel:
So on Friday after I reached home around 11:30pm I they try to clean my foot mat naso I saw phone (iPhone) at the back sit
The first thing that came to my mind was who could be the owner of the phone and there possibilities another rider could have picked this phone, later around 12:30 a call came in from his friend that when I told him his friend forget his phone inside my vehicle,
(that when I know is the last 3 trip I did, and they are three guys, my last 2 trip was only single guy and they both sit at the Front) the guy started begging that I should bring the phone to There place the second day that his going to pay me any amount for the trip, we agreed on 20k(for my mind I was thinking this guy agreed 20k just for me to bring the phone) .
The second day when I went to drop the phone, the owner of the phone beg me with 10k ,and thank me for bringing the phone. He said he doesn't even think he forget the phone inside the vehicle, that he noticed the phone is not with him when he wakes up
He ask me to drop them at nearby super market baba still shop for me.
That will be the 5th phone I have returned to rider, I return one to olosho girl after promising she will pay for my trip , she gave #500 I said to her she should not worry ,the ask me if am angry I said no but I will rather not collecting any from her that to collect #500 considering where am coming from. she okay that I should wait she is coming, the girl never come out till tomorrow grin grin grin
wow. U are an active driver, pls I need some information I'm considering going into Uber business after I finish school next year January. How much do I need to budget to get a car, and all expenses. My net worth currently is over 2m naira, I'm hoping to save more before January.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

I never said I wouldn't do repairs. I said it wouldn't give me headache

A brand new engine, a brand new transmission, a brand new AC system. This won't give me worries for 18 months.

And you're getting it wrong with the bolded.

Nobody is looking for money to buy a new car after three years. The goal is to recoup my capital, which is still the money for a new car.

Don't downplay the economic benefits of Brand new Chinese vehicles. There is a reason GIG stopped buying Mercedes Sprinter buses and started using Chinese Knockoffs.

E get why grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Josephase: 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
I have been a victim to that road
Felicity0001:

With the ugly experience I encountered early this year? No!

You know coming from Oshodi towards the MMAI road, if you enter the expr through boladale you can access the MMAI rd easily joining in b4 7&8 b/s But if you enter through other links like Afariogun you won't be able to join the Oworo-Apapa expr Rd again. That's how they've done it now...

So now, it was an unfortunate day for me as construction workers where busy constructing the pavement so there was no other way to join the MMAI Rd unless through that slope that leads under the interchange and then back to the MMAI Rd, while and other interchange takes you back to the Oworo-Apapa Rd and maybe back to Oshodi/Anthony for those going that way. So I tried using that slope leading towards the MMAI Rd that was it ooh... No one-way road sign, nothing at all and as an experience driver and an someone that has understanding of road network couple with an engineering background there is no way you will ever argue with me that slope towards that MMAI Rd is a one-way.

You no police are always on that path, na so everywhere burst o... Unfortunately for me my rider said she was cold so I wind down and wasn't expecting anything of such at all because i was so sure that road is not one-way... Men...those idiots messed up my day. Na 25k I take settle dem collect my motor after much back and front... I just saw it that non of them are reasonable to talk with... Oya na make una charge me to mobile court na, them no gree... They where just dancing around...

2days later a man called on talk radio to complain about that same rd how police are cashing out on that rd with no one-way sign whatsoever...

I gave up more on that very day Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lekan239(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
izzou:

I never said I wouldn't do repairs. I said it wouldn't give me headache

A brand new engine, a brand new transmission, a brand new AC system. This won't give me worries for 18 months.

And you're getting it wrong with the bolded.

Nobody is looking for money to buy a new car after three years. The goal is to recoup my capital, which is still the money for a new car.

Don't downplay the economic benefits of Brand new Chinese vehicles. There is a reason GIG stopped buying Mercedes Sprinter buses and started using Chinese Knockoffs.

E get why grin
pls are you a Uber/bolt driver can you plz put me through.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lekan239:
pls are you a Uber/bolt driver can you plz put me through.

Leave money first.

Gather enough knowledge first. I'll advise you read this thread. Maybe 500 pages back.

By the time you finish, quote me and ask your questions.

Don't rush, sir

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CaptainAyub: 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
cuteralph101:
Sir...im a newbie I have a 2007 Toyota camry. I'm thinking of selling it to do business or moving to Lagos to start uber/bolt? Pls I need advice if uber/bolt is still paying
Best place to use that Camry for Uber /bolt is Abj.
Better roads which equals less maintenance.
Less traffic congestion which equals better MPG since its a 2.4litre engine compared to Corolla etc that are 1.6L
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
Pearl1910:

Instead of selling the 2007 Toyota Camry as-is for 1.1m, I would rather fix it with 200k and sell for 2m or even 1.8m.
Even when distressed, try to keep a rational mind and think wisely.

I'm offering you a busuness deal bro c'mon be grateful and stop being saucy.

Offer him 1.3m, fix it with 200k then sell for 1.8m... You will still count profit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) (3915) (3916) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Aiziko and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.