Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3990) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730017 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3987) (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) (3992) (3993) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skolex5: 1:03am On Aug 29, 2021
You people should come to my aid :
I need a car on rental.
Pls help na .
Depression is setting in.
I live around ikotun
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skolex5: 1:05am On Aug 29, 2021
Reubenson3:
Good evening everyone...I just need a good advice about my Toyota Camry 09 Hybrid that I intend giving my neighbor to use for Uber work. The vehicle is in it's best working condition and very clean. I just need to know the percentage I can be getting and how this thing works. Will I have access to his uber account or how does this work. A good advice from experience driver please.
Thank you

Incase your neighbor isn’t available.
I am readily available for rental .
Experienced and consistent in payment .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skolex5: 1:10am On Aug 29, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skolex5: 1:11am On Aug 29, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
Hi folks,
My brother just got a Toyota Corolla Sport & he has tasked me to manage it for him.
Please, if you know anyone reliable & honest in his dealings living around ikeja, Ogba, iyana ipaja , Egbeda ,Dopemu, Shasha, Agege, Mangoro or Maryland, who is in need & ready to put in the work.
Kindly refer them to me.
The T&C below are flexible enough:
27,000 is the rental fee.

1hr car Inspection would be done once every 3weeks.
1guarantor & signed agreement with an armed force ( i am taking no chances).
Driver would foot repair bills less than 5k but not without my consent.
We have an experienced family -friend mechanic who will oversee the repair history & guide us.
Offline trips within Lagos, Yes. (You can do anyhow but no use my Egbon motor carry cow or Palm oil drum grin)
Offline outside Lagos, we would sit & have a discussion about this.
If you decide to take one way route, park on Zebra crossing at the Airport or beat traffic lights & get apprehended, i would retrieve the car immediately.
Don't refer shady people to me , as i am going to be hands-on

Am okay with your rules
I live around ikotun
Can you leave a number to call.
I am ready with my guarantor .
Also experienced,
!!!!!!

I am in need and ready to resume ASAP.
I have been on the lookout for a while now .

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 2strong2bow(m): 3:03am On Aug 29, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
Hi folks,
My brother just got a Toyota Corolla Sport & he has tasked me to manage it for him.
Please, if you know anyone reliable & honest in his dealings living around ikeja, Ogba, iyana ipaja , Egbeda ,Dopemu, Shasha, Agege, Mangoro or Maryland, who is in need & ready to put in the work.
Kindly refer them to me.
We have an experienced family -friend mechanic who will oversee the repair history & guide us.
Offline trips within Lagos, Yes. (You can do anyhow but no use my Egbon motor carry cow or Palm oil drum grin)
If you decide to take one way route, park on Zebra crossing at the Airport or beat traffic lights & get apprehended, i would retrieve the car immediately.

Im referring myself ooo.. i need a car to drive on rental basics and I reside at Egbeda...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:26am On Aug 29, 2021
Reubenson3:

Thanks and I really appreciate your view. We're not close, is more of an employment. And for the fact that my vehicle will always be parked in my compound after the day work. I just need a good insight on the percentage to be getting weekly and how it works. Please put me through

Okay, no problem since that's what you want I'll help you with few details you need to know about partnership with your co-tenant or driver in this racket then you'd understand better before making and taking a good decision.

What you're about to do is called rental in other words a partnership with a driver for your car. So therefore he's not your personal driver rather you two are partners in the business while he's a partner to either Bolt/Uber(they only know him and not you). So in this content both of you are partners to each other.

Understood? Good! Let go!!

1) The driver experience or not in ehailing (Uber/Bolt/Indriver), rents the car from at an agreed amount and he/she is to make payment to you unfailing every Mondays or Tuesdays of the week. Usually rental fee is within 25-35k or more now due to high cost of maintenance and purchase of asset for a Toyota Corolla/Camry/civic etc as the case maybe.

But this your car now is a hybrid car, we do have not have anyone on this forum with such car on rhe platform so no idea on what and how the amount and deal should be because if I'm correct this car of yours consumes far less fuel right? Since its hybrid so you don't expect to rent at rhe same amount a driving renting the petrol car should rent unless you want to go into charity.

Hint: 40/45k weekly should be fine, this should be a good excuse to terminate your proposed partnership with him.

2) Owners partners in (1) are responsible for maintenance and servicing of their car while some share depending on amount being rented out. This is where you fall in. Like I said above no review in this your car so you've to come up with a formulae that will suit you for the good of your business.

3) For the good of your business, it is advised to install a tracker in the car, get a comprehensive insurance if you can afford it (off course you should) u na chairman na 2009 hybrid owner? U na bossgrin ... This will help to safeguard against thieft, car hijackers, accident or anyother unforeseen circumstances that may/will come along.

4) You don't have business with driver's account, when he/she should work, go or returns back from work. Your business is:
(a) Put the car in a good shape before start up.
(b)Fill tank up or half before giving out car to driver.
(c) Both of you should go to the inspection center closest to you, you are paying for this service. N1200/1400 for bolt, N2000 for Uber and free for indriver, (the report(s) is usually sent to an email address. Get a copy from your driver and keep it for record and future purpose. EgetWhy).
(c) Maintain your car accordingly,get your money and take 1 gotobed (goldberg) grin

5) Weekly rental/payment, I usually do it Mondays to Mondays that means, driver starts work on a Monday and then pays the next Monday. If he pays before then its welcome but it shouldn't exceed Tuesdays.

Above all make sure driver is registered on both or anynof the ride share company before giving out your car to him/her. EgetWhy o. 4 I's haf sin tins.

Finally, I hope you know the implication of using that car for transportation business, it gonna start developing fault every now and then I because it being used on a daily bases and the cost of maintenance for a hybrid car from my research no be here... So know what you're routing in for before you go into it.

Haven't said all of these I wish you good luck in what ever decision you make out if this.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:30am On Aug 29, 2021
abefeabebi:

Pls I will urge you to stick Mr Felicity advice,he said this to me like a year ago and to God be the glory,

I feel honoured and glad.

Thanks a lot for this and God bless you more!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:34am On Aug 29, 2021
Reubenson3:
This is the Camry 09 Hybrid I want to give my neighbor for the uber work. But it about 3 weeks ago. I need the best advice possible, so that I'll be on a safe side and he'll also not be affected negatively in any decision

abobi see machiiiinnnne!!! I didn't even see it b4.

Baba na dis motor u won give to sb so? Hmm... Think am well o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:37am On Aug 29, 2021
tunlapapa:

He gives good pieces of information but the problem I think he has is talking/typing too much.
So he is a great guy/hoodlum.

Hoodlum alone is good grin

I love it

And as for the episode... It's the trademark of hoodlum drivers no other person has it.

gringrin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:41am On Aug 29, 2021
kanuisagoat:

That was my first mistake.

Gave out the vehicle to a friend, had to withdraw it and I'm glad I did. Lost one week rental in the process but I would have lost more had I left it with him.

Current driver is doing well so far. I have no affiliations whatsoever with him.

No business man ever succeed doing business with friends and family.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:59am On Aug 29, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
Hi folks,
Kindly refer them to me.

This your post got me rolling in laughter men... Lol... It's nice shall but from experience with partners so far I've understood that for those partners who came with a calm and gentle approach we have a smooth and friendly operation but for those who were kinda hostile? one or two unreasonable issues just seems to come up with the car every week and b4 u know it... partner owner have had 3 to 4 drivers for same car within 8-12months and this is not good for the car and the business.

So brozz be calming down o. Army no get right to arrest civilian o... Me na hoodlum I go clear u d truth base on my paddi wey u b.

Nice car thou... Would have love to recommend somebody o (the boy is a good lad) but men... Me I don't want any thing that will dent my image or integrity because na only myself I know. But if you don't mind i can still send your contact across but don't call me when issues starts arising o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Noone7: 6:08am On Aug 29, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
Hi folks,
Kindly refer them to me.

Pls drop a means of contacting you, via through your mail / phone number...... Let's go into business....... I'm interested in higher purchase, that's if your brother is down for it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:13am On Aug 29, 2021
Kennyprince:
Hello dear drivers in tje room.
Iam new into driving and have just some six months experience going.

The issue is i have saved 500k and wish to get a good ride for hire purchase for this business.

Two things are troubling me:

1. With my little driving experience, can i get someone to give me hire purchase?

2. Between Abuja and lagos, which place is better for this business?

Pls help advice a brother.
Iam in lagos presently.

Thanks.
Why not keep the 500k and get a car on rentals first? You can then start increasing your savings and get yourself a sound Nigerian used car instead of throwing your 500k away if things go wrong and go back to square one.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:16am On Aug 29, 2021
Skolex5:
You people should come to my aid :
I need a car on rental.
Pls help na .
Depression is setting in.
I live around ikotun
Someone just posted a car few posts before yours asking for a driver. Quote him

Updated: You already did. Good luck
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:40am On Aug 29, 2021
Felicity0001:

100% agree
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 6:46am On Aug 29, 2021
How i wish indriver has a ride request reply option , I was ask this man something grin maybe him no know whr those baba dey park make him go call dem

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kingfragz: 7:14am On Aug 29, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
Hi folks,
Kindly refer them to me.
bros morning,I stay very close to ipaja ...you can reach me on this number 07085592938..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 7:36am On Aug 29, 2021
deedee44:

Why not keep the 500k and get a car on rentals first? You can then start increasing your savings and get yourself a sound Nigerian used car instead of throwing your 500k away if things go wrong and go back to square one.

DeeDee I love ur post.
Always dropping life saving/ motivating ideas codedly.
Naija used car is a goal.
The way people condem 9ja used cars in this thread is bad.
If u keep calm and search, definitely u will get a good Naija used car. Even low mileage car like that of Bazoo grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Reubenson3(m): 8:03am On Aug 29, 2021
Idaytesj29:

Can you do Higher Purchase for this car with me? 500k down payment right away?

I will provide two guarantors

Kindly respond.

Not at all sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Reubenson3(m): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2021
Felicity0001:

Okay, no problem since that's what you want I'll help you with few details you need to know about partnership with your co-tenant or driver in this racket then you'd understand better before making and taking a good decision.

What you're about to do is called rental in other words a partnership with a driver for your car. So therefore he's not your personal driver rather you two are partners in the business while he's a partner to either Bolt/Uber(they only know him and not you). So in this content both of you are partners to each other.

Understood? Good! Let go!!

1) The driver experience or not in ehailing (Uber/Bolt/Indriver), rents the car from at an agreed amount and he/she is to make payment to you unfailing every Mondays or Tuesdays of the week. Usually rental fee is within 25-35k or more now due to high cost of maintenance and purchase of asset for a Toyota Corolla/Camry/civic etc as the case maybe.

But this your car now is a hybrid car, we do have not have anyone on this forum with such car on rhe platform so no idea on what and how the amount and deal should be because if I'm correct this car of yours consumes far less fuel right? Since its hybrid so you don't expect to rent at rhe same amount a driving renting the petrol car should rent unless you want to go into charity.

Hint: 40/45k weekly should be fine, this should be a good excuse to terminate your proposed partnership with him.

2) Owners partners in (1) are responsible for maintenance and servicing of their car while some share depending on amount being rented out. This is where you fall in. Like I said above no review in this your car so you've to come up with a formulae that will suit you for the good of your business.

3) For the good of your business, it is advised to install a tracker in the car, get a comprehensive insurance if you can afford it (off course you should) u na chairman na 2009 hybrid owner? U na bossgrin ... This will help to safeguard against thieft, car hijackers, accident or anyother unforeseen circumstances that may/will come along.

4) You don't have business with driver's account, when he/she should work, go or returns back from work. Your business is:
(a) Put the car in a good shape before start up.
(b)Fill tank up or half before giving out car to driver.
(c) Both of you should go to the inspection center closest to you, you are paying for this service. N1200/1400 for bolt, N2000 for Uber and free for indriver, (the report(s) is usually sent to an email address. Get a copy from your driver and keep it for record and future purpose. EgetWhy).
(c) Maintain your car accordingly,get your money and take 1 gotobed (goldberg) grin

5) Weekly rental/payment, I usually do it Mondays to Mondays that means, driver starts work on a Monday and then pays the next Monday. If he pays before then its welcome but it shouldn't exceed Tuesdays.

Above all make sure driver is registered on both or anynof the ride share company before giving out your car to him/her. EgetWhy o. 4 I's haf sin tins.

Finally, I hope you know the implication of using that car for transportation business, it gonna start developing fault every now and then I because it being used on a daily bases and the cost of maintenance for a hybrid car from my research no be here... So know what you're routing in for before you go into it.

Haven't said all of these I wish you good luck in what ever decision you make out if this.

Wow, I really appreciate you taking your time to give me a proper breakdown of things. I'll do exactly as you explained and if things get cocky, I'll withdraw my car. Thanks so much boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2021
Reubenson3:

Wow, I really appreciate you taking your time to give me a proper breakdown of things. I'll do exactly as you explained and if things get cocky, I'll withdraw my car. Thanks so much boss

But I will advise you 40/45k is on the higher side and that will be the genesis of unfriendly issues...

You can't expect a newbie to meet up with that week in week out, even the experience ones have their bad weeks.... If the man signed off on such agreement desperately just to make ends meet on his own end, your car will be the battle ground and the outcome you won't like.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Reubenson3(m): 8:50am On Aug 29, 2021
IFSHR:

But I will advise you 40/45k is on the higher side and that will be the genesis of unfriendly issues...

You can't expect a newbie to meet up with that week in week out, even the experience ones have their bad weeks.... If the man signed off on such agreement desperately just to make ends meet on his own end, your car will be the battle ground and the outcome you won't like.

All your views are professional and I like it...but will choose from the one that best suit the situation.
How much is the best price I could drop it if I'm to be maintaining my car by myself...and do I have any business with repairs (not in maintenance aspect, but base on lagos way of driving) and fueling after the fitst fueling. This are the last part I need to understand. Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barcelona2021(m): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2021
Felicity0001:

Good morning and happy Sunday Sir, please assist me with 1k.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 9:04am On Aug 29, 2021
Reubenson3:

All your views are professional and I like it...but will choose from the one that best suit the situation.
How much is the best price I could drop it if I'm to be maintaining my car by myself...and do I have any business with repairs (not in maintenance aspect, but base on lagos way of driving) and fueling after the fitst fueling. This are the last part I need to understand. Thank you

On repairs and maintenance... If you have a trusted mechanic, as I assume you have your own personal car, if you trust your mechanic that makes it more easier.....repairs don't happen all the time, if quality parts are used when the need occur.....

If he (driver partner) will be handling all repairs and car maintenance apart from major ones like engine and gear (which is rare if proper attention is paid to car manufacturers required materials for servicing and done at the right time) rental fee is fair at 25k

If you will be the one handling it through your trusted mechanic.... (30-35k )

All stated above is just my opinion based on experience from driving on the platform and as well as having few cars on rental.

The major decisions lies with you, it's your shoe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2021
Johnnybegood12:

DeeDee I love ur post.
Always dropping life saving/ motivating ideas codedly.
Naija used car is a goal.
The way people condem 9ja used cars in this thread is bad.
If u keep calm and search, definitely u will get a good Naija used car. Even low mileage car like that of Bazoo grin
Thank you sir smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Reubenson3(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2021
IFSHR:

On repairs and maintenance... If you have a trusted mechanic, as I assume you have your own personal car, if you trust your mechanic that makes it more easier.....repairs don't happen all the time, if quality parts are used when the need occur.....

If he (driver partner) will be handling all repairs and car maintenance apart from major ones like engine and gear (which is rare if proper attention is paid to car manufacturers required materials for servicing and done at the right time) rental fee is fair at 25k

If you will be the one handling it through your trusted mechanic.... (30-35k )

All stated above is just my opinion based on experience from driving on the platform and as well as having few cars on rental.

The major decisions lies with you, it's your shoe.

Noted...thanks so much. Una don open my brain and eye!!!�
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20am On Aug 29, 2021

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barcelona2021(m): 9:21am On Aug 29, 2021
Reubenson3:

good morning Sir, please help me with 1k.

Please sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2021
Reubenson3:

To begin with, there's no padi in business.

Manage all your repairs and services yourself because the driver may not use quality parts in order to save costs.

If you realize he's using the car roughly and making you spend unnecessarily on repairs then COLLECT YOUR CAR and find another driver if you want to continue with the business.

I still think 35k is fair
I

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Grupo(m): 9:25am On Aug 29, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
Uber standard .

https://www.nairaland.com/6719355/buy-use-reg-camry-2006

I like this car, can we swap with my 2007 corolla? Let me know what the possibilities are.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Reubenson3(m): 9:26am On Aug 29, 2021
deedee44:

To begin with, there's no padi in business.

Manage all your repairs and services yourself because the driver may not use quality parts in order to save costs.

If you realize he's using the car roughly and making you spend unnecessarily on repairs then COLLECT YOUR CAR and find another driver if you want to continue with the business.

I still think 35k is fair
I

Yea...well said, with all the advices... I'll go with 35k and I'll handle my repairs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:29am On Aug 29, 2021
Barcelona2021:

good morning Sir, please help me with 1k.

Please sir.
Your account details.. here or DM

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3987) (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) (3992) (3993) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: YeyeGbami and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.