Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4744937 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4001) (4002) (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
cheerfulgiver saw this on my driving school handout

Reason i take ur post seriously

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2021
XGhost:

Oh... Beht why na.

It's actually at a higher cost now.
3 times a year at 1500 is 4500 per year
Twice a year at 2k is 4k per year

Did mine 1200 at mobil Ikorodu Rd.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
knytred:
I’m inside surge, got a trip inside surge and it came without surge

Uber is not ready for business

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
spartacus11:
From my understanding from this thread, if you have a set goal (to buy your own car) use Rental instead of HP, but you must be disciplined enough to save as you earn

Rental comes with less expenses. the Drivers bcus he shares responsibility with the partner for car repair and maintenance

on HP the driver is 100 percent responsible for repairs and maintenance and also pay his returns weekly

like some will say here, Do what works for you

Hmmm d word "DISCIPLINE" HMMMmmmm

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Can someone please help me with a car to do Uber/Bolt on hire purchase, I reside in Lagos.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by brosiye99(m): 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
XGhost:

You can do NordKapp full synthetic, 12k per 5ltr jug

Please, where can I get this Oil. I am interested. What reviews do you have on it? If its good, I would prefer this to Mobil 1 extended which I Use but its crazy expensive.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidwemby: 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
IFEBARBIE:
so today, my check engine light came on while going to my 9 - 5, did a quick scan with my Bluetooth elm dongle.
The result: P0172. It's been giving some symptoms for a week now. So weekend, I'll clean the throttle body, get my Waheed to clean the injectors (Chrisfix way grin), inspect the spark plugs and also clean the MAF. Currently, my 24mpg have been compromised grin. Blackbishop, radautoworks, Gazzuz, themechy, cheerfulgiver and felicity001 grin and others. Any additions?

Do you use elm 327?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
#Noted but I already got already
Gilbertase:
OK so, it uses Kia/Hyundai Sp3. I have the US produced version, with about 10pcs x 1L left at 6500/L. Reply if you are interested. Cheers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
MrCarter577:

Uber is not ready for business

May be uber naija is looking for a buyer...

https://punchng.com/yandex-buys-out-uber-from-joint-ventures-in-1-bn-deal/
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Did mine 1200 at mobil Ikorodu Rd.

But that's where I did it in may for 1500 o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
brosiye99:

Please, where can I get this Oil. I am interested. What reviews do you have on it? If its good, I would prefer this to Mobil 1 extended which I Use but its crazy expensive.

9 Olowu street.
https://www.partboyz.com/product/nord-kapp-5w-30-fully-synthetic-engine-oil-5l/
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
spartacus11:
cheerfulgiver saw this on my driving school handout

Reason i take ur post seriously

You will never understand the joy I get when some of those reckless despatch and okada would just zoom out from nowhere, they give me a thumbs up or bow, because they are grateful, I did not hit them. Defensive driving skill is very important for all uber drivers.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
XGhost:

Any review and where to get it...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
MoonlightDrive:

You will never understand the joy I get when some of those reckless despatch and okada would just zoom out from nowhere, they give me a thumbs up or bow, because they are grateful, I did not hit them. Defensive driving skill is very important for all uber drivers.

After buying mirrors couple of times, painting your bumpers and doors. Arguing on top scratches you could have avoided by been the bigger person.

You will humble yourself and do normal. If a rider hops into my vehicle and tell me to do fast. I’ll tell them they could have anticipated and move earlier i can’t begin wasting my fuel and risking my life cos of you sir or ma.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
XGhost:

Oh... Beht why na.

It's actually at a higher cost now.
3 times a year at 1500 is 4500 per year
Twice a year at 2k is 4k per year

Last time I did mine it was 1,200 or so, can't remember. But not upto 1,500
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bolt Ad on this thread, Bolt officials are on this thread i swear

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
XGhost:

Any oil without this seal they fear me to use o.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
YeyeGbami:

After buying mirrors couple of times, painting your bumpers and doors. Arguing on top scratches you could have avoided by been the bigger person.

You will humble yourself and do normal. If a rider hops into my vehicle and tell me to do fast. I’ll tell them they could have anticipated and move earlier i can’t begin wasting my fuel and risking my life cos of you sir or ma.

Burn ur fuel and reach destination fast...double lose grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Pearl1910:

Any seal you need... pay on delivery available from oluwole boys.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
MoonlightDrive:

Hire purchase is the best deal, for both partners. Honestly hate hearing the words rental and to think there are seasoned drivers on this forum encouraging rental deals. shocked
Hire purchase is slavery, and a scam.

I'm going to factually analyse this stuff again for the last time, then anyone who goes ahead to get a hire purchase is free to do so at his own risk. I'll be using the bread and butter of every average uber driver, the 2006 Toyota corolla.

Fact 1
There is no hire purchase on a corolla that is less than 4,000,000 naira, unless it is by the special grace of God, the almighty.
Fact 2
Average weekly rental on a corolla is 30,000 naira, while weekly deposit on a HP is 35,000 naira.
Fact 3
A guy on HP must deliver 35k weekly unfailingly, with a 2 - 4weeks grace of delay in payment, and he must do so in 110 weeks.
Fact 4
An average driver must do 1000 miles a week of driving.
Fact 5 A driver on HP is responsible for All repairs on that corolla, for the next 110 weeks. While a driver on rental splits repairs with partner.
Fact 6 Every driver must be able to save 6k daily. Whether rental or HP, else you're just a fool.

Fact 7 A very good Tokunbo corolla should come with at least 170,000miles.

Now, there are 52 weeks in a year. Our HP driver has at least 2 years on his contract. Let's say he works for only 50weeks, cos partners will never hear story, he must always pay his installment. In fact, moove will not hear story, but I'm just trying to be conservative.

In 50weeks, he would have remitted 50 x 35,000 = 1,750,000 and added 50,000 miles to the corolla and car is not his yet. His mileage should now be 220,000 miles

Remember the guy on rental, who pays 30k weekly, and who saves 6k daily? With the mentality of a hard working HP driver, but paying 5k less every week, he has a savings of 47k weekly.

47k x 50 = 2,350,000

So if my guy on rental gets a Nigerian used corolla at 220,000 miles, at the rate of 1.6m, he still has 750k to fix up car with.

Year 2, HP guy completes his payment, car is at 270,000 miles. Becomes his.

Former rental guy now adds 15k weekly to his savings, since he now drives his car 62,000 x 50 = 3,150,000.

Who really get sense?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

I'm going to factually analyse this stuff again for the last time, then anyone who goes ahead to get a hire purchase is free to do so at his own risk. I'll be using the bread and butter of every average uber driver, the 2006 Toyota corolla.

Fact 1
There is no higher purchase on a corolla that is less than 4,000,000 naira, unless it is by the special grace of God, the almighty.
Fact 2
Average weekly rental on a corolla is 30,000 naira, while weekly deposit on a HP is 35,000 naira.
Fact 3
A guy on HP must deliver 35k weekly unfailingly, with a 2 - 4weeks grace of delay in payment, and he must do so in 110 weeks.
Fact 4
Fact 5 A driver on HP is responsible for All repairs on that corolla, for the next 110 weeks. While a driver on rental splits repairs with partner.
Fact 6 Every driver must be able to save 6k daily. Whether rental or HP, else you're just a fool.

Now, there are 52 weeks in a year. Our HP driver has at least 2 years on his contract. Let's say he works for only 50weeks, cos partners will never hear story, he must always pay his installment. In fact, moove will not hear story, but I'm just trying to be conservative.

In 50weeks, he would have remitted 50 x 35,000 = 1,750,000 and added 50,000 miles to the corolla and car is not his yet. His mileage should now be 220,000 miles

Remember the guy on rental, who pays 30k weekly, and who saves 6k daily? With the mentality of a hard working HP driver, but paying 5k less every week, he has a savings of 47k weekly.

47k x 50 = 2,350,000

So if my guy on rental gets a Nigerian used corolla at 220,000 miles, at the rate of 1.6m, he still has 750k to fix up car with.

Former rental guy now adds 15k weekly to his savings, since he now drives his car 62,000 x 50 = 3,150,000.

Who really get sense?

Lovely analysis
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by leosag: 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
Yes it does and make noise
bolutic:
does the engine smoke
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2021
Pearl1910:

Yeah I feel you, and honestly I had same concerns initially but my older brother has used the oil with his XC90 since he got the car last year without issues, same for his wife's RX350. So me sef transitioned from coastal synthetic blend to NordKapp full synthetic.

And it doesn't have the logo but it's written on the jug

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2021
Wow lovely....

CheerfulGiver:

Fact 1
There is no higher purchase on a corolla that is less than 4,000,000 naira, unless it is by the special grace of God, the almighty.
Fact 2
Fact 3
Fact 4

47k x 50 = 2,350,000

Who really get sense?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

Fact 1
There is no hire purchase on a corolla that is less than 4,000,000 naira, unless it is by the special grace of God, the almighty.
Fact 2
Fact 3
Fact 4

47k x 50 = 2,350,000

Who really get sense?

Apt ! Detailed ! Informative !
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
My guy lost his two fans after driving through lekki swimming pools during the weekend. Igboefun and lekki phase 2. Choi and chai!!

Better to park ur car during raining period in lekki than collect gbese.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
mejai:
My guy lost his two fans after driving through lekki swimming pools during the weekend. Igboefun and lekki phase 2. Choi and chai!!

Better to park ur car during raining period in lekki than collect gbese.

No lies, learnt that when I lost my compressor to that igboefun flood

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
Felicity001:

Indriver is your only hope for now.

As for Uber don't border they'll reactivate you when they want... At least expect 10months from them

Bolt unlike Uber are more considerate and humanly but expect like 6months or less if you follow up with them weekly.

You Only need retraining to get back on Bolt but on Uber you dont... Just update your app and car and you're back online to accept request.

I believe that by the time you've been released from these prisons you would've understood the value and important of customers and how to how to treat them politely even when they offend you, until then enjoy the beauty driving with Indriver.

Contact pope191, shollywendy(oga boss), davit and who again oh... I would have said churscmoor but the guy level now enh no be here oooh, Int'L things... Try met them one-on-one... You may not want to get back on Uber again but bolt fit Do You longer throatgringrin

grin cow wey no get tail..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skolex5: 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
House I need a car to drive .
Active in both ways platforms .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
In every 10 drivers on rental only 1 or 2 have been able to maintain or drive the same car for 1yr without a change of car or partner. It's a known fact,

You can't please humans no matter how much you try. Lay on the ground they'll will still tell you you're not well flattened for them to walk through. So tell me, what is the probability that a driver will have a car for at least 12months to be able to save up and buy his own afterwards?

I'm not saying the analysis is not good, it is but how viable can it be?

Man proposes God disposes, let's pray not to be unfortunate in life because a single problem can wreck once savings of 12months in one day.

Mind you, most cars on rentals have 3rd party insurance... Pray not to knock somebody down.

Despite all of these things its is best to seek opinions, carry out a good feasibility and have at least 3 options then decide which best suit you as an individual.

Be it HP or rental I don't see any being good but only your own because your own and my own no be d same thing

To me the only HP purpose I would prefer is me making a choice of the car and selecting the car myself. Why would you be the one to select a car and still be the one to place a price tag on it? O wrong na.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2021
pope191:

grin cow wey no get tail..

Na only god ogrin if not fly go finish him ministrygrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
Felicity001:
In every 10 drivers on rental only 1 or 2 have been able to maintain or drive the same car for 1yr without a change of car or partner. It's a known fact,

You can't please humans no matter how much you try. Lay on the ground they'll will still tell you you're not well flattened for them to walk through. So tell me, what is the probability that a driver will have a car for at least 12months to be able to save up and buy his own afterwards?

I'm not saying the analysis is not good, it is but how viable can it be?

Man proposes God disposes, let's pray not to be unfortunate in life because a single problem can wreck once savings of 12months in one day.

Mind you, most cars on rentals have 3rd party insurance... Pray not to knock somebody down.

Despite all of these things its is best to seek opinions, carry out a good feasibility and have at least 3 options then decide which best suit you as an individual.

Be it HP or rental I don't see any being good but only your own because your own and my own no be d same thing

To me the only HP purpose I would prefer is me making a choice of the car and selecting the car myself. Why would you be the one to select a car and still be the one to place a price tag on it? O wrong na.
Its a trap I set with people with your mentality.

You believe you can maintain and drive one car on HP for 2 years without change of car or partner, but you don't believe a guy on rental who pays less weekly rental and who pays less in repairs can do the same in 1yr.

It's a shitty negative mentality. You never see anything positive...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4001) (4002) (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.