Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,947 members, 7,828,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4798604 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4073) (4074) (4075) (4076) (4077) (4078) (4079) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 6:51am On Sep 22, 2021
Felicity001:

You guys should stop all these crap talk... What's defensive driving per say? Will it stop the guy behind to hit your back bumper even in traffic? No!
Will it stop a drunk from hitting a car parked on the side way? No!!
Will it stop the danfo, kerupe or dispatch rider from taking one side of your mirror while in traffic? No!!!
How about the guys that drive against traffic light, some of them still move even when the light if red, will it stop them from running into you? No! Just pray to be lucky. Even F1 drivers do have accident... Didn't Paul Walker died while driving? Then who's that idiot that believe in defensive driving? Goats!

One idiot who doesn't even know anything about driving or has ever travel out of the country or state either by road or air is coming to say defensive driving as if he has never been hit or has hit a car before and you guys are here singing his praise like worshipers of igbe. Nonsense!

If you're a driver and has never encountered an accident of any kind b4 then you're yet to be called a professional. Challenges makes us as humans stronger and better. The only thing I pray is "God please always give the right state of mind at all time to take the right decision" when ever I'm behind the wheel because a wrong decision can result to a serious accident that can even claim lives. And I thank God he has always been there for me.

So nothing like defensive driving, rather look, think, re-look and re-think again before taking a decision while driving

Lol
Oga Felicity no dey overlook anything grin
I always knew that when the time is right you will enter Baz001 wotowoto grin

But then, in as much as u have raised valid points, u still stand to be corrected or enlightened about defensive driving .

Defensive driving simply puts you in a position to think that every other drivers on the road are not normal, thereby making you to think for them and control the situation from your own end.
That does not mean you won't be involved in an accident, but then it reduces the chances of been involved in an accident.

Hopefully u get what am trying to point out.

I come in peace grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:09am On Sep 22, 2021
Slickleo:

We also use super technology, Mobil 1, Castrol oil.

Yes ooh loud it,
Pls where did you get your super Tech oil or consignment don land codedly ?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FASASI1(m): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2021
Protect yourself at all cost cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2021
YoungDreamer:
Today is a very bad day for me as the first day of starting bolt. I got a ride to ikeja and along Ikorodu Road, my vehicle failed brake. I hit two different cars at the back as a result of that, I had to drive on the service lane and avoided speeding. This is a vehicle
I have been driving without any issue. The rider I carried was quite understanding. I finally arrive at the destination and called a mechanic around there to check if it was the brake pad, he checked and said the brake pads are still new that the problem was the master brake that was bad, he later helped me to adjust it so I could go back on getting to where I was supposed to pickup another rider, I entered Lastma problem. A very sad day for me.

Sorry bros na so e dey always be don't get discourage you'll always get better.

This is why I always say, do a proper work on your car b4 putting it on the road.

There are some things I don't like with in a car:
1) breaking system
2) my tires
3) battery
4) my spare tire, Jack and wheel spinal
And may be I should just had fire extinguisher to the list.

If motor like make e dey do on and off, over heating I go rugged am reach house safely but if anything goes wrong with especially the No 1&2 on the list while on high speed enh2... My brother na only God go know watin go happen.

So please make sure you take that car back to your mechanic let him check why the master break wasnt working in the first place.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2021
Felicity001:

What's the essence of increasing the wideness?

Are you aware wideness reduces speed. Hight is is only needed but also reduces balance especially during turns.

I remember an incidence in Ogume, Kwale in Delta State myself and my right hand man Bobby the Eku man were traveling back to Abraka from Abia State for a burial... I forget I'd gotten to the sharp bend surrendened with swamps... I was doing 140km/h with my V6 accord... Men... na God no be me on that night... My tires where scratching, I could feel it on my steering wheel the car owner's and passenger's wheels were floating... Had I made any attempt to step of the brakes that night na story my case for be... But I thank God...

Bobby didn't say a word till after 3days we where together... I just laughed because I myself I knew what happened that night... It was God not me

The lesson I got from this experience was that, had I not maintained the recommended tires for my car that car would have summersaulted into the swamp that night and nobody would have even known there was an accident because that road is always lonely during day time let alone at night.

So changing tire standard to the extreme is not really good Though i understand why o but let's be guided.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YoungDreamer: 7:51am On Sep 22, 2021
The master brake came inbuilt with the car, so the mechanic said its bad and needs to be replaced.
Felicity001:

Sorry bros na so e dey always be don't get discourage you'll always get better.

This is why I always say, do a proper work on your car b4 putting it on the road.

There are some things I don't like with in a car:
1) breaking system
2) my tires
3) battery
4) my spare tire, Jack and wheel spinal
And may be I should just had fire extinguisher to the list.

If motor like make e dey do on and off, over heating I go rugged am reach house safely but if anything goes wrong with especially the No 1&2 on the list while on high speed enh2... My brother na only God go know watin go happen.

So please make sure you take that car back to your mechanic let him check why the master break wasnt working in the first place.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:53am On Sep 22, 2021
davit:
Ayam cuming
gringrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:58am On Sep 22, 2021
YoungDreamer:
LESSON LEARNT FROM MY LASTMA EXPERIENCE
1. Beware of Lastma anywhere you see them on the road.
2. When I got their office, I found out that most of their victims are private car owners who are not aware of those one way route because there is no visible sign to show it only a paved diversion.
3. Most of their so called traffic offences could easily be corrected but rather, they chose to use it against the person.
4. They hardly go after danfo who are constant traffic law breakers.
5. I still doubt reliability and reliability of Google map in knowing one way, so is better to accept trips to areas well known to you.

Law enforcement is dangerous in Nigeria because it lacks correction on a minor mistakes rather encourages settlement.

Google maps are reliable to an extent concerning one-ways. The problem is the inconsistent government that changes a lane to one way overnight. It would take Google some time to detect and make changes.

Whenever you get to a place that you suspect is a one way, please ask you rider, or ask people around. Also look out for how the cars are parked. If all are facing one direction, it's definitely a one way.

Also if you make a mistake on Lagos roads, don't correct your mistake immediately. Pay the penalty by going further to correct it

I see some drivers missing their ways and decide to reverse. In that process, LASTMA blocks you. Instead, go further and make your U turn.

Lastly, I hate to beg my fellow man. I prefer to beg my God. So spend time begging God before you start your day. Na only God fit save us from these people.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:04am On Sep 22, 2021
Johnnybegood12:

Lol

But then, in as much as u have raised valid points, u still stand to be corrected or enlightened about defensive driving .

Defensive driving simply puts you in a position to think that every other drivers on the road are not normal, thereby making you to think for them and control the situation from your own end.
That does not mean you won't be involved in an accident, but then it reduces the chances of been involved in an accident.

I come in peace grin

My guy abeg chop knuckle na the same thing we dey talk jare but in different languagegrin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:34am On Sep 22, 2021
Johnnybegood12:

Lol

I come in peace grin

Hopefully? Hmmm
Like he doesn’t grab easily or too hard for him to assimilate?

[img]https://media./images/425b8f35a4c0ae1b5590356bc83ef625/tenor.gif[/img]

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:37am On Sep 22, 2021
Felicity001:

My guy abeg chop knuckle na the same thing we dey talk jare but in different language grin

Same thing ?
Different language?

You mean am, How that your post and him own be dsame ?

[img]https://media1./images/46c075c9408d33d1e7e6387cfc51ff1d/tenor.gif?itemid=14666818[/img]

Make I just face my driving dis raining morning
Feli is on another level grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nickvanilla(m): 8:56am On Sep 22, 2021
Please who knows where I can get spray paint (wine-red colour) in Lagos. I don't think it's possible to drive in this city without scratches happening every week. cry

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shanid(m): 9:05am On Sep 22, 2021
Good morning house, I'm a certified uber and bolt driver, I need a car to drive, I reside in ikotun, you can call or text me on.....zero 8_zero 8_7_5_8_0_3_7_8
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:17am On Sep 22, 2021
FASASI1:
Protect yourself at all cost cheesy grin
So he wan use stones fight gun?
grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2021
BAZ001:

Hopefully? Hmmm
Like he doesn’t grab easily or too hard for him to assimilate?

[img]https://media./images/425b8f35a4c0ae1b5590356bc83ef625/tenor.gif[/img]

Oga Baz001 am aware of your antics grin
Pls don't set me up, I won't even fall for it grin

Na so u go dey do like uhrobo man, u go create gbas gbos come run commot.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2021
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.....
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase. ..
Tested and Trusted Service..

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2021
Avoid ikorodu road. Especially ojota. I need a bowl like this to scoop out water from the car cabin.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2021
LASUTH roundabout,

If you are coming from Ikeja underbridge, to link Mobolaji bank Anthony or Ikeja GRA.

The road divides into three lanes. Maintain the first two lanes ( extreme left and the middle) if you are going to the above named places. The third lane is meant for those going right.

Pitfall.
1. Observe the traffic light. Some Lagos motorists don't have empathy when the light gives green. They move sluggishly, which reduces the number of cars that can pass within the allocated time.

Lastma and MIB (they are permanently stationed under that bridge) prey on this to fleece unsuspecting victims.

Once, the green light blinks, (the next one is red, grin) and you have at least two cars in front of you, please stop. Another 50 seconds wait might save you from the clutches of these greedy urchins.

2. Don't turn left from the 3rd lane,even if the light is on green, you are meant to keep right on the 3rd lane.
Peradventure you find yourself on the 3rd lane, and you are going to bank Anthony or GRA. No probs.

Solution : keep to your right, immediately , take your next available right into Aviation plaza, ( remain calm, if the security ( Aviation plaza) ask you, I'm going to The Place, or I want to park. you drive in, then you use the building to connect back to the 2nd lane of Kodeosho Street.

You can't burn ₦200 fuel making that detour, at least it's much better than lining the pockets of those greedy urchins who will probably use the money ( money obtained under duress can't benefit the recipient) for less noble things and maybe getting drunk.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:34am On Sep 22, 2021
YoungDreamer:
The master brake came inbuilt with the car, so the mechanic said its bad and needs to be replaced.

Pls try replace it completely don't joke or do any convertion or management with anything that has to do with your brake system.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:37am On Sep 22, 2021
BAZ001:

Same thing ?
Different language?

You mean am, How that your post and him own be dsame ?

[img]https://media1./images/46c075c9408d33d1e7e6387cfc51ff1d/tenor.gif?itemid=14666818[/img]

Make I just face my driving dis raining morning
Feli is on another level grin

Ha! Watin i go do na... Make i just agree with am ni I no get power to shalaye further
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2021
nickvanilla:
Please who knows where I can get spray paint (wine-red colour) in Lagos. I don't think it's possible to drive in this city without scratches happening every week. cry

Its possible, but wait a minute....are you in the "antleague" or "lazyD league"....This is a factor also....no jokes

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2021
northbird:
LASUTH roundabout,

If you are coming from Ikeja underbridge, to link Mobolaji bank Anthony or Ikeja GRA.

The road divides into three lanes. Maintain the first two lanes ( extreme left and the middle) if you are going to the above named places. The third lane is meant for those going right.

Pitfall.
1. Observe the traffic light. Some Lagos motorists don't have empathy when the light gives green. They move sluggishly, which reduces the number of cars that can pass within the allocated time.

Lastma and MIB (they are permanently stationed under that bridge) prey on this to fleece unsuspecting victims.
Once, the green light blinks, (the next one is red, grin) and you have at least two cars in front of you, please stop. Another 50 seconds wait might save you from the clutches of these greedy urchins.

2. Don't turn left from the 3rd lane,even if the light is on green, you are meant to keep right on the 3rd lane.
Peradventure you find yourself on the 3rd lane, and you are going to bank Anthony or GRA. No probs.

Solution : keep to your right, immediately , take your next available right into Aviation plaza, you drive in, then you use the building to connect back to the 2nd lane of Kodeosho Street.

You can't burn ₦200 fuel making that detour, at least it's much better than lining the pockets of those greedy urchins who will probably use the money ( money obtained under duress can't benefit the recipient) for less noble things and maybe getting drunk.

On point bro.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YoungDreamer: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2021
Thanks, I really appreciate
izzou:

Google maps are reliable to an extent concerning one-ways. The problem is the inconsistent government that changes a lane to one way overnight. It would take Google some time to detect and make changes.

Whenever you get to a place that you suspect is a one way, please ask you rider, or ask people around. Also look out for how the cars are parked. If all are facing one direction, it's definitely a one way.

Also if you make a mistake on Lagos roads, don't correct your mistake immediately. Pay the penalty by going further to correct it

I see some drivers missing their ways and decide to reverse. In that process, LASTMA blocks you. Instead, go further and make your U turn.

Lastly, I hate to beg my fellow man. I prefer to beg my God. So spend time begging God before you start your day. Na only God fit save us from these people.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by biggace(m): 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
northbird:
LASUTH roundabout,

Pitfall.

Solution : keep to your right, immediately , take your next available right into Aviation plaza, you drive in, then you use the building to connect back to the 2nd lane of Kodeosho Street.

obinoral1179:
On point bro.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
Guys, avoid the new bolt update. It takes you offline anyhow.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Noone7: 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
Pearl1910:

I really don't know what u need but
To check authencity of plate number:
https: //nvis.frsc.gov.ng/ VehicleManagement/ VerifyPlateNo

To check validity of licence:
https: //verify.autoreg.ng/

If u are buying a used car and the name on the document is not the name of the seller or seller cannot provide original copy of car documents and u want to know if the car u r buying is not stolen...check stolen vehicles database from Police HQ. Or DM me for contact person.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2021
nickvanilla:

Buy aboniki balm. Rub on the scratch or stain and use cloth to clean. Goes off immediately and retains your former colour and body.
Brake oil leaves a mark on it, but aboniki doesn't

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
At ikeja GRA for 30 mins now, no request.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nickvanilla(m): 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
komodapson:

Its possible, but wait a minute....are you in the "antleague" or "lazyD league"....This is a factor also....no jokes

What does league have to do with it? I took a trip to apapa recently and got scratched in five different places by those Okada riders while in traffic. You could avoid dents by defensive driving but frequent scratches are inevitable.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nickvanilla(m): 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Barbiturate:

Buy aboniki balm. Rub on the scratch or stain and use cloth to clean. Goes off immediately and retains your former colour and body.
Brake oil leaves a mark on it, but aboniki doesn't

I'll definitely try this
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
grin
This one is just mad. See the name he or she signed up with..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Noone7: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2021
sharpk007:

I once reported a case to Uber some months ago, though it was a robbery attack, and I zoomed off, but my car handle was damaged and passenger glass broken, reported d case and I was blocked too and was told to do another inspection.

My next message to dem changed the whole narrative, I told dem next time, I will gladly drop d passenger with d Thief and allow us to be dealt with. I got a call from dem immediately and dey said once I repair the car, I shud just snap to them the affected part.

I did and my account was restored.

But BOLT, hmmmmmm unless U copy there HQ, but for d ones in Lagos ,sorry to say dey re animals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4073) (4074) (4075) (4076) (4077) (4078) (4079) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Glithronix, Pearl1910 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.