Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747447 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4109) (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) (4115) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:15am On Oct 04, 2021
dru23:

It is well established fact not a myth . That 2007 to 2009 Toyota camry v4 shorts oil. This is factory defects.
Once the Camry reaches a certain mileage the oil consumption kicks in excessively.

But what is the cause of this excessive oil consumption. It is a bad piston that is creating this oil consumption. So Toyota had a recall to fix these the piston. I think it cost over $2000 to fix these problem

We have already establish the cause of the oil consumption. And you already admitted that yours consumes oil . but your solution to a bad piston is to use thicker oil like 20w50 without you actually fixing or replacing the bad piston... If this was the actual solution I think Toyota would have just told is customers to go home and use thicker oil . This will be cheaper solution for Toyota. But guess what? it does not solve the problem. It is more of a bandaid.......

You claim that you driven yours for 3 years with no issues at all . And 20w50 solved the problem. Let us take into account how often you drive the car in Lagos. Lagos is populated like New York and you can't really put too much miles on the car, I don't think your cars puts on anything close to 12k miles a year. Where are u driving in Lagos to put that much miles ..

Unless you are doing uber like our friend Bazz001 that drives a low mileage camry around up and down like a yellow cab driver grin we know his oil consumption will be high. He most likely has a drum of 20w50 in the boot of his low mileage camry.. I can even recall when it was mention here that 20w50 went up from 4500k to 9k .. He stated he will need buy couple of cartons of 20w50. But I think it is a whole drum is using now grin

I am sorry to go off topic here .. My point here is that I don't think you drive the car long enough to really encounter this problem .. Yes your cars purrs like a kitten, but purring like a kitten is not the issue at hand . it is bad piston that causes this excess oil consumption. And you are not driving long enough to encounter this problem excessively

And I believe that if you have to do it again , you will not buy the v4 u more than likely go for the v6. The v6 is much fun to drive and the fuel consumption is not that much . And importantly it does not come with a factory defect engine...

We know that the engine burns oil but that's not the point here, I just want you to know that the engine can still last for years and not few months as you're making people who have not used it believe.
I use mine for uber as well and I've covered over 100k miles since I bought it. Current mileage is around 240k so as long as you change your oil as at when due then the engine will serve you better.
20w50 is not a death sentence to this generation of engines, maybe it may not last as long as if you use 5w30 synthetic but that doesn't mean it will not last. Infact people should worry more about the body of the car especially in this lagos because that engine will still outlast the body grin

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:32am On Oct 04, 2021
deedee44:

We know that the engine burns oil but that's not the point here, I just want you to know that the engine can still last for years and not few months as you're making people who have not used it believe.
I use mine for uber as well and I've covered over 100k miles since I bought it. Current mileage is around 240k so as long as you change your oil as at when due then the engine will serve you better.
20w50 is not a death sentence to this generation of engines, maybe it may not last as long as if you use 5w30 synthetic but that doesn't mean it will not last. Infact people should worry more about the body of the car especially in this lagos because that engine will still outlast the body grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBqxcQA_pJk

To start with the issue of solving the oil consumption has to be solved. Using 20w50 oil in my opinion does not solve that problem......... I really doubt that car lasted that long with so many miles grin with 240k miles the car is finish now grin with bad road and Uber driving again grin .....come on behave urself ......

Before that car reaches over 100k miles , it will be smoking all manners of smoke now grin white smoke gray smoke...

Modify..... I just check your profile. You have deleted all your topics grin or anything that might identify you. There is no number to contact etc grin wetin you dey hide.......

Please kindly show us this your camry .. With the mileage ...... grin . na so I ask Bazz001 to show us his low mileage camry.. Till today we no see picture grin abi the 240k mileage camry catch fire grin abi it is smoking white smoke grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:48am On Oct 04, 2021
mejai:
grin
Strength no dey me abeg

U put up a pic about models/years of Corolla with affected engine. I picked on 2009 Corolla, coming in to Nigeria in 2008, but south African model.
Maybe, I will pass u the weed too, to understand me more.

You talking to a semi illiterate black migrant (according to cornner44 you have to come down to his level

[img]https://media1./images/548fa8fbef5324c3d6176f44af5c6c6d/tenor.gif?itemid=13233859[/img]

[img]https://c./Ut-BRqy82X4AAAAC/laughing-hysterically-dying-from-screaming.gif[/img]

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidwemby: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2021
meedeen:

Thanks so much man... I'm really grateful for this �

You’re welcome.

Don’t forget I need a car myself.. if you still haven’t gotten a driver for your car, I’m still very much available.

I’m just a DM away..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 8:01am On Oct 04, 2021
Hallenjay:
no ma. Luckily I fit pull half.but na port Harcourt I de
How bolt and indriver perform in pH because I want leave Lagos for Baz001

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SeyiJayden(m): 8:08am On Oct 04, 2021
Hello good morning, please how long does it take bolt to send an email containing login link, I registered yesterday night and took the short quiz yet still no email yet
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 8:20am On Oct 04, 2021
komodapson:

Is this a brand of Oil?
D oil is quality for it's price Dubai standard

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:27am On Oct 04, 2021
Lush100:
Whenever i am bored & i need some comedy, i just come to this thread,

Lead actors
BAZ001, Felicity001, dru23,

Support actors, pearl1910, cheerfulgiver, vicdon, davit, IFEBARBIE

Late appearance, IFSHR, izzou,

Disappearing act,
Madam radautoworks, angryigbodon, blackbishop

Just reading on the sidelines.

Modified: and gentlelife50 as another supporting actor

You mentioned two monikers but many don't know they're the same person.

Angryibonman is the same person as cheerfulguvergrin don't ask me how I know

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 8:36am On Oct 04, 2021
All dis American engine oil are good but there is something Dy are not telling us either Dy know or not which is not fair. Manufacturers consider climate temperature when recommending oil and also consider environment to be used when considering oil change interval. When you study American made cars user manual, also study dat of Japan, middle East, Africa u will see a difference.
Our road conditions is not wat u need a longer oil change interval engine oil for, u need to change ur oil every 5000km considering d environment not only climate temperature, any daily driven car needs oil change 5000km. Mobil xhp is not a bad if change interval does not exceed 5000km bt don't use xhp on tight clearance engine because of it thickness, Mobil 2000 will be beta.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Slickleo:
All dis American engine oil are good but there is something Dy are not telling us either Dy know or not which is not fair. Manufacturers consider climate temperature when recommending oil and also consider environment to be used when considering oil change interval. When you study American made cars user manual, also study dat of Japan, middle East, Africa u will see a difference.
Our road conditions is not wat u need a longer oil change interval engine oil for, u need to change ur oil every 5000km considering d environment not only climate temperature, any daily driven car needs oil change 5000km. Mobil xhp is not a bad if change interval does not exceed 5000km bt don't use xhp on tight clearance engine because of it thickness, Mobil 2000 will be beta.
Honda Accord.... 3000km. Na every month person go dey change am.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:56am On Oct 04, 2021
Slickleo:

It would be nice if u just did a little research about engine oils and cross check ur thoughts if they are correct before u make them public.

An engine oil is not recommended based on climate or region the vehicle/machine will be used. The recommended engine oil is the specification needed to effectively lubricate every part of the engine irrespective of temperature, pressure and altitude. For example; Find out what 5, w and 30 means in 5w30.
In case u don't know, there are hotter regions in America, Asia and South America than Africa.
Any difference u find in a particular car made in different regions is on body features or Interior design and materials because of customer taste and safety demands in those regions NOT engine or transmission or suspension. So d engine is not different irrespective of where d car is made. Hence, whereever a particular car is manufactured whether in Africa, Asia, Europe or America the lubricants recommended for the engine remains thesame, it's a standard.
My advise is follow the recommended oil or lubricant from the manufacturer for ur engine, transmission and all what not.
Don't say because u r in Africa u will use a different oil, then when u travel to Europe with thesame car u will use Europe oil.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharzy(m): 9:02am On Oct 04, 2021
Good morning to my Ogas them!
Please advice... I got an offer of HP for NISSAN VERSA 2009. Pls i want to know if the car is okay for the E-hailing business.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:05am On Oct 04, 2021
sharzy:
Good morning to my Ogas them!
Please advice... I got an offer of HP for NISSAN VERSA 2009. Pls i want to know if the car is okay I can maintain the car for the E-hailing business.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Pearl1910:

It would be nice if u just did a little research about engine oils and cross check ur thoughts if they are correct before u make them public.

An engine oil is not recommended based on climate or region the vehicle/machine will be used. The recommended engine oil is the specification needed to effectively lubricate every part of the engine irrespective of temperature, pressure and altitude. For example; Find out what 5, w and 30 means in 5w30.
In case u don't know, there are hotter regions in America, Asia and South America than Africa.
Any difference u find in a particular car made in different regions is on body features or Interior design and materials because of customer taste and safety demands in those regions NOT engine or transmission or suspension. So d engine is not different irrespective of where d car is made. Hence, whereever a particular car is manufactured whether in Africa, Asia, Europe or America the lubricants recommended for the engine remains thesame, it's a standard.
My advise is follow the recommended oil or lubricant from the manufacturer for ur engine, transmission and all what not.
Don't say because u r in Africa u will use a different oil, then when u travel to Europe with thesame car u will use Europe oil.

My focus is consider not recommended, remember we don't have winter
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:11am On Oct 04, 2021
johnwell:

Good morning sir,
How's your S40 serving you?

It's great... No issues so far.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nexttpage(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2021
Who could explain these pictures please, I keep pressing display on my steering and it keeps changing, dunno much bout it.
Just need an enlightenment

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2021
komodapson:

Is this a brand of Oil?
Yes. It was the cheapest I could find because I already wrote off the engine so I didn't want to waste money on oil but to my surprise it turned out to be a great bargain
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:55am On Oct 04, 2021
olusola2bello:

My mechanic bought it for me one day, told him to return it and warned him never to try it again. Since then, na me dey buy my oil myself.
Na good oil if you use 20w50 mineral oil. It's normal to choose popular brands that you know over quality brands that you don't know
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sheisenough01: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2021
Nexttpage:
Who could explain these pictures please, I keep pressing display on my steering and it keeps changing, dunno much bout it.
Just need an enlightenment

My guess is

First is time.

Second is miles per gallon. Estimated Fuel consumption per mile.

Third is the distance your car can cover with a full tank.

Last one is your average car speed that you use. That is miles per hour.

Which car is this between?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:04am On Oct 04, 2021
Egungun be careful shocked
Pearl1910:
See wetin rider say make I go deliver for airport. Abeg wetin be this? Is it legal.
Let me do my research before ...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2021
BAZ001:

You talking to a semi illiterate black migrant (according to corner44 you have to come down to his level

[img]https://media1./images/548fa8fbef5324c3d6176f44af5c6c6d/tenor.gif?itemid=13233859[/img]

[img]https://c./Ut-BRqy82X4AAAAC/laughing-hysterically-dying-from-screaming.gif[/img]

Abi o. According to Izzo he said you are the Zubby Michael of this nairaland thread grin laugh wan kill me.i guess Zubby Michael dey do uber and drive factory reject camry.... Zubby Michael must not hear this o

https://www.nairaland.com/6784717/top-5-highest-earners

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:13am On Oct 04, 2021
Slickleo:

My focus is consider not recommended, remember we don't have winter

What I am saying is focus on what is recommended... manufacturer is aware of the different global weather conditions and the cars are made for the whole world not just d temperate regions. So what is recommended covers whether u have winter or harmattan or sun or rain all year round.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:21am On Oct 04, 2021
izzou:

BAZ001 is the Zubby Michael of this thread

Since when he learnt to post GIFs, nobody don rest for here.

In the end, a na still cruise sha grin

Oh ohhh
Lush100 well done...

Me zubby chaiii, what of Felicity001 and dru23 ?

God dey ooh... let me face my work and driving probably I will make the 1M this month.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nexttpage(m): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Toyota Camry solara.
Sheisenough01:

My guess is

First is time.

Second is miles per gallon. Estimated Fuel consumption per mile.

Third is the distance your car can cover with a full tank.

Last one is your average car speed that you use. That is miles per hour.

Which car is this between?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2021
Riders don dry for ShopRite ikeja. undecided sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 10:29am On Oct 04, 2021
Pearl1910:

What I am saying is focus on what is recommended... manufacturer is aware of the different global weather conditions and the cars are made for the whole world not just d temperate regions. So what is recommended covers whether u have winter or harmattan or sun or rain all year round.
Calm down, manufacturer recommend you u should consider some changes in certain condition, for example if vehicle is used in a dusty environment, Hill top environment.
Note there is a difference between North America owner's manual and international Global owner's manual. You bought a tokunbo car u go through the car manual also try and go through manual of brand new car which are mostly classified are global u will see a difference.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2021
mejai:

Honda Accord.... 3000km. Na every month person go dey change am.
Sure
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:37am On Oct 04, 2021
BAZ001:

Oh ohhh
Lush100 well done...

Me zubby chaiii, what of Felicity001 and dru23 ?

God dey ooh... let me face my work and driving probably I will make the 1M this month.

Since you are Zubby Michael now .. No need to make appointment for visa online grin and no more driving uber in the hot sun . No more factory reject camry anyone. Better food , house at lekki

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:42am On Oct 04, 2021
Barbiturate:
Riders don dry for ShopRite ikeja. undecided sad

How can you be in ShopRite Ikeja by 10:41 am?

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:45am On Oct 04, 2021
izzou:

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:45am On Oct 04, 2021
izzou:

grin

Monday morning o.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Slickleo:

Calm down, manufacturer recommend you u should consider some changes in certain condition, for example if vehicle is used in a dusty environment, Hill top environment.
Note there is a difference between North America owner's manual and international Global owner's manual. You bought a tokunbo car u go through the car manual also try and go through manual of brand new car which are mostly classified are global u will see a difference.

So a Toyota in the UAE or those plying the deserts would use a 500W1000 specification?

Am I right or wrong? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4109) (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) (4115) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Glithronix and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.