Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:25 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5095430 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4108) (4109) (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) ... (5797) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
dru23:

That camry that shorts oil and drink oil like water grin . 2007 to 2009 4plugs are well know to short oil.

This is why
U are using 20w50 oil smiley. From experience that camry will start to bring out white and gray smoke grin. That camry will smoke pass Fela self na that camry u want sell after years of abuse on uber grin

My brother you are funny and delusional at the same time grin

But why does this model often times short Oil? Mind you,seems users always buy 1litre Mobil intermittently in between Oil changes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
ReadaDream:
Kidnapper angry

User rating: 5.0

I hope say no be coro you carry, make God dey protect una wey dey work late. Make God sharply turn driver to owner abeg.

[img]https://c./E-TCcm-yhH0AAAAC/drive-away-sarah-cameron.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
komodapson:

But why does this model often times short Oil? Mind you,seems users always buy 1litre Mobil intermittently in between Oil changes

Na factory reject/ defect engine... There is a guy on nairaland that normally buys a whole drum of 20w50 inside the booth of his car ....... He said he wants to sell it because it is low mileage .......

Just stay away from it 2007 to 2009 .......4plugs . The v6 is even popular now self . it has a strong engine and fuel consumption is low ..........
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
Whenever i am bored & i need some comedy, i just come to this thread,

Lead actors
BAZ001, Felicity001, dru23,

Support actors, pearl1910, cheerfulgiver, vicdon, davit, IFEBARBIE

Late appearance, IFSHR, izzou,

Disappearing act,
Madam.radu, angryigbodon, blackbishop

Just reading on the sidelines.

Modified: and gentlelife50 as another supporting actor

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
Lush100:

Lead actors
BAZ001,

Just reading on the sidelines

BAZ001 is the Zubby Michael of this thread

Since when he learnt to post GIFs, nobody don rest for here.

In the end, a na still cruise sha grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
Lush100:

Lead actors

Disappearing act,

Just reading on the sidelines
grin
Abeg e don do.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hallenjay: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
BAZ001:

Can you make 1MILLION in 1 month ?
If yes?
I will give you for free just to see 1M on my dashboard...
so that I can post it here and shame doubters that it is possible to make 1M in one month.

You game ?

[img]https://media1./images/0de1568d6270fee6e0ed50be2d83b61b/tenor.gif?itemid=12078103[/img]

no ma. Luckily I fit pull half.but na port Harcourt I de

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
deedee44:

Jokes apart, it's a good question. He has not been online since that last post. That's almost a week

Adding fire, continue...
By the time Felicity001 will comment on this now. It will turn to hate speech and no more good question.

I dey roof top

[img]https://media1./images/3bce762b8bb66e97f88c8e8ed735dd20/tenor.gif?itemid=20048750[/img]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
komodapson:

Corolla of same year is included, 2AZ engine. Get their manual, they wrote to top oil after 1000km.
Now the question is.... Will u buy recommended oil at higher rate knowing it will disappear or buy a conventional oil (xhp) and do oil change as at when due.

I have used 2008 Corolla (bought 2008, first model) with the listed engine above and the oil consumption started, I switched to xhp. I used and maintened it till I sold it last may. No smoking, but oil dey short. Engine still in top shape. I even marketed it here, though someone outside NL bought it and he is using it for e-hailing.

This oil issue don tire....

I still believe

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hallenjay:
no ma. Luckily I fit pull half.but na port Harcourt I de

No ma? grin
and then
Luckily? grin

Abeg Abeg grin Port Harcourt man don’t add to the existing problem in Lagos.

grin Your own cruise na ESN armor tank

Ahn Ahn luckily u can pull half of 1M ? grin

I need to go and sleep for real.

[img]https://media1./images/3bce762b8bb66e97f88c8e8ed735dd20/tenor.gif?itemid=20048750[/img]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
mejai:

Corolla of same year is included, 2AZ engine. Get their manual, they wrote to top oil after 1000km.
Now the question is.... Will u buy recommended oil at higher rate knowing it will disappear or buy a conventional oil (xhp) and do oil change as at when due.

I have used 2008 Corolla (bought 2008, first model) with the listed engine above and the oil consumption started, I switched to xhp. I used and maintened it till I sold it last may. No smoking, but oil dey short. Engine still in top shape. I even marketed it here, though someone outside NL bought it and he is using it for e-hailing.

This oil issue don tire....

I still believe

Why did you sell the COROLLA if the engine is in top shape... My guess is because it is shorting oil.....

It could have better off to find the reason why the oil keeps shorten and fix . All a thicker oil will do is be a temporarily bandaid ..... I look online and 2008 model was not known for Oil shorten at all ... Than how long would u continue topping the oil for ?

A friend of mine now is regretting his action . he bought a 2009 Toyota Camry v4 . He uses for uber and he carries at least 3 liters of oil inside his boot all the time. Constantly topping the oil every week or so it has become a pain.......( I can imagine what Bazz001 is going through with his low mileage camry grin)
My other friend that drives camry 07 .. He forget to top the oil a few months . And the car engine froze on him . luckily for him he was just a few minutes to get on the highway..........

I myself sold a tokunbo 2008 camry 2 years ago . The guy that sold it to me didn't even tell me the car short oil . And at the time I didn't much about camry oil shorten issue......
When the car got to Lagos and I open up the engine to check the oil gauge. I knew something was wrong .. I had mechanic take a look at it and he said Bros ... Make we top engine and we bought 20w50 xhp ... The car sounded great and I quickly sold the car . I didn't make much profit from it , but I wanted to get a rid of it before other know issues arises .......

I don't think that car will last 6months before it starts smoking..... My point here is once a car starts to short oil and nothing is done to solve that problem. It is just a matter of time before the car gives up ...............

Car owners.....stay away from cars that short oil and get rid of it before it starts to smoke

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
YeyeGbami:

I hope say no be coro you carry, make God dey protect una wey dey work late. Make God sharply turn driver to owner abeg.

[img]https://c./E-TCcm-yhH0AAAAC/drive-away-sarah-cameron.gif[/img]
Na Coro o, he cancelled.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by meedeen: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
davidwemby:

What is currently obtainable is 30k weekly remittance by the driver.

Maintenance/repair costs less than 7k is borne by the driver while anything more than that is exclusively the preserve of the car owner. But in some cases, such repair or maintenance costs is shared in the ratio of 70/30.. 70% to car owner & 30% to driver respectively..

Servicing is done strictly by the car owner (for obvious reasons.. some drivers will claim they serviced the car but it’s a hoax.. so, you could agree to a designated mechanic, date & time).

Car inspection can be scheduled say bi-weekly for the first few months (say 2 months on the average), and later on to once a month.. depending on your honest assessment of how the driver is using the car.

One or two guarantors will suffice.. it depends on you..

Basically, that’s all there is to rental agreement between car owner & driver partner..

NB: I need a car to drive just incase you’re looking for a reliable driver partner. If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask. There are tons of expert advice you can get on here from both car owners & driver partners alike.

Thanks so much man... I'm really grateful for this �
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
Baz001, hope you're not the person in question. SMH! Chai! grin
dru23:

Na factory reject/ defect engine... There is a guy on nairaland that normally buys a whole drum of 20w50 inside the booth of his car ....... He said he wants to sell it because it is low mileage .......

Just stay away from it 2007 to 2009 .......4plugs . The v6 is even popular now self . it has a strong engine and fuel consumption is low ..........
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
Chai! grin
Lush100:

Lead actors

Disappearing act,

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
chai! grin
BAZ001:

Adding fire, continue...
By the time Felicity001 will comment on this now. It will turn to hate speech and no more good question.

I dey roof top

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
cry angry grin
dru23:

Why did you sell the COROLLA if the engine is in top shape... My guess is because it is shorting oil.....

It could have better off to find the reason why the oil keeps shorten and fix . All a thicker oil will do is be a temporarily bandaid ..... I look online and 2008 model was not known for Oil shorten at all ... Than how long would u continue topping the oil for ?

A friend of mine now is regretting his action . he bought a 2009 Toyota Camry v4 . He uses for uber and he carries at least 3 liters of oil inside his boot all the time. Constantly topping the oil every week or so it has become a pain......( I can imagine what Bazz001 is going through with his low mileage camry grin)
My other friend that drives camry 07 .. He forget to top the oil a few months . And the car engine froze on him . luckily for him he was just a few minutes to get on the highway..........

I myself sold a tokunbo 2008 camry 2 years ago . The guy that sold it to me didn't even tell me the car short oil . And at the time I didn't much about camry oil shorten issue......
When the car got to Lagos and I open up the engine to check the oil gauge. I knew something was wrong .. I had mechanic take a look at it and he said Bros ... Make we top engine and we bought 20w50 xhp ... The car sounded great and I quickly sold the car . I didn't make much profit from it , but I wanted to get a rid of it before other know issues arises .......

I don't think that car will last 6months before it starts smoking..... My point here is once a car starts to short oil and nothing is done to solve that problem. It is just a matter of time before the car gives up ...............

Car owners.....stay away from cars that short oil and get rid of it before it starts to smoke
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
dru23:

Stop saying what you don't know, this wrong info can make a novice undersell their car believing the engine will soon pack up.
Mine has been shortening oil since I bought it and it's over 3 years and counting. I have been using sharlu 20w50 for 3 years and my engine is still as quiet as a mouse

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 12:03am On Oct 04, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Happy Sales Bro.

But wait o,are there some drivers that use these kind of cars 2012/2014 Camry for e-hailing.
Thanks Boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:16am On Oct 04, 2021
You no well o grin

What about Pope191 then?
Lush100:

Lead actors

Disappearing act,

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:26am On Oct 04, 2021
deedee44:

Stop saying what you don't know, this wrong info can make a novice undersell their car believing the engine will soon pack up.
Mine has been shortening oil since I bought it and it's over 3 years and counting. I have been using sharlu 20w50 for 3 years and my engine is still as quiet as a mouse

It is well established fact not a myth . That 2007 to 2009 Toyota camry v4 shorts oil. This is factory defects.
Once the Camry reaches a certain mileage the oil consumption kicks in excessively.

But what is the cause of this excessive oil consumption. It is a bad piston that is creating this oil consumption. So Toyota had a recall to fix these the piston. I think it cost over $2000 to fix these problem

We have already establish the cause of the oil consumption. And you already admitted that yours consumes oil . but your solution to a bad piston is to use thicker oil like 20w50 without you actually fixing or replacing the bad piston... If this was the actual solution I think Toyota would have just told is customers to go home and use thicker oil . This will be cheaper solution for Toyota. But guess what? it does not solve the problem. It is more of a bandaid.......

You claim that you driven yours for 3 years with no issues at all . And 20w50 solved the problem. Let us take into account how often you drive the car in Lagos. Lagos is populated like New York and you can't really put too much miles on the car, I don't think your cars puts on anything close to 12k miles a year. Where are u driving in Lagos to put that much miles ..

Unless you are doing uber like our friend Bazz001 that drives a low mileage camry around up and down like a yellow cab driver grin we know his oil consumption will be high. He most likely has a drum of 20w50 in the boot of his low mileage camry.. I can even recall when it was mention here that 20w50 went up from 4500k to 9k .. He stated he will need buy couple of cartons of 20w50. But I think it is a whole drum is using now grin

I am sorry to go off topic here .. My point here is that I don't think you drive the car long enough to really encounter this problem .. Yes your cars purrs like a kitten, but purring like a kitten is not the issue at hand . it is bad piston that causes this excess oil consumption. And you are not driving long enough to encounter this problem excessively

And I believe that if you have to do it again , you will not buy the v4 u more than likely go for the v6. The v6 is much fun to drive and the fuel consumption is not that much . And importantly it does not come with a factory defect engine...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:58am On Oct 04, 2021
izzou:

BAZ001 is the Zubby Michael of this thread

Since when he learnt to post GIFs, nobody don rest for here.

In the end, a na still cruise sha grin

It is great insult to compare the two ... Zubby Michael is a well talented Multi Millionaire actor , business man. And he is good friends with Davido and plus Zubby has flew in private jets....
How dare you compare the two . Zubby Michael drives bentley, G wagon etc And his cars do not short oil like our low mileage 2007 camry Bazz001 brother grin. How dare you compare the two . Have once hear Zubby Michael shouting that he can't find his visa appointments dates online grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 4:40am On Oct 04, 2021
deedee44:

Is this a brand of Oil?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 6:13am On Oct 04, 2021
dru23:

A friend of mine now is regretting his action . he bought a 2009 Toyota Camry v4 . He uses for uber and he carries at least 3 liters of oil inside his boot all the time. Constantly topping the oil every week or so it has become a pain.......( I can imagine what Bazz001 is going through with his low mileage camry grin)

Car wey don last 13yrs for my hand? I don try nah.
I sold it cos I wanted another car, simple.

Also, ur 2009 model u listed here was already a 2008 model in Nigeria, though, south Africa assembled.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olusola2bello: 6:13am On Oct 04, 2021
komodapson:

Is this a brand of Oil?

My mechanic bought it for me one day, told him to return it and warned him never to try it again. Since then, na me dey buy my oil myself.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 6:18am On Oct 04, 2021
Morning all. May God bless our right leg that keeps accelerating and braking as at when due. If u are using manual, ur left leg too. E no easy.
The hustle continues

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by johnwell(m): 6:22am On Oct 04, 2021
XGhost:

Wow, just noticed, I did 20 trips today. shocked has to be a record for me

Good morning sir,
How's your S40 serving you?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:25am On Oct 04, 2021
mejai:

Car wey don last 13yrs for my hand? I don try nah.
I sold it cos I wanted another car, simple.

Also, ur 2009 model u listed here was already a 2008 model in Nigeria, though, south Africa assembled.

I have no clue what you are saying.. I hope you not smoking the highest grade of weed this morning. The 2009 camry I posted months ago was from the USA and na v6 ...

So the car was assembled in South Africa ship to the USA. So Toyota cars are now assembling cars in South Africa and ship to the USA..... When you have Mexico and Canada close.......

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 6:46am On Oct 04, 2021
dru23:

I have no clue what you are saying.. I hope you not smoking the highest grade of weed this morning. The 2009 camry I posted months ago was from the USA and na v6 ...

So the car was assembled in South Africa ship to the USA. So Toyota cars are now assembling cars in South Africa and ship to the USA..... When you have Mexico and Canada close.......
grin
Strength no dey me abeg

U put up a pic about models/years of Corolla with affected engine. I picked on 2009 Corolla, coming in to Nigeria in 2008, but south African model.
Maybe, I will pass u the weed too, to understand me more.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:59am On Oct 04, 2021
mejai:
research man, research!!
U back up ur claims with internet. Find out about Toyota (Corolla) and south Africa

What business do I have with South Africa corolla. Yes I know Corollas are assembled in South Africa for the African market.. I see them in Lagos well well .. Maybe that is the COROLLA. You had for 13yrs before selling cause of oil shorten

Very ugly looking corolla I might say . but those cars not been shipped to the USA for sale ... The distance will be too far that.. Other than that I don't know what you smoke early this morning.........

But I hope and pray that you are not saying that South Africa assembles Toyota Corolla and those cars are sold in the USA... I pray that this is not what you are saying ... Amen
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 7:02am On Oct 04, 2021
dru23:

What business do I have with South Africa corolla. Yes I know Corollas are assembled in South Africa for the African market.. I see them in Lagos well well .. Maybe that is the COROLLA. You had for 13yrs before selling cause of oil shorten

Very ugly looking corolla I might say . but those cars not been shipped to the USA for sale ... The distance will be too far that.. Other than that I don't know what you smoke early this morning.........

But I hope and pray that you are not saying that South Africa assembles Toyota Corolla and those cars are sold in the USA... I pray that this is not what you are saying ... Amen

E no dey possible nah! Will USA accept that scam?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:05am On Oct 04, 2021
dru23:

I have no clue what you are saying. I hope you not smoking the highest grade of weed this morning. The 2009 camry I posted months ago was from the USA and na v6 ...

[img]https://c./Ut-BRqy82X4AAAAC/laughing-hysterically-dying-from-screaming.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (4108) (4109) (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) ... (5797) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: mh53(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.