Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4772744 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4340) (4341) (4342) (4343) (4344) (4345) (4346) ... (5697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
Pearl1910:

Abeg make una leave me jare. U have a point though, If u want us to protest and demand for increase in fare that's another discussion and I am for it. Cos cost of parts no be hear.

But asking why Bolt included a charge to cover whatever cost they may be incurring is not a question for us to answer. As far as it's not we that are paying that extra 3%
Moreover, now that u understand the situation, why haven't u come out to say Bolt is not charging 23% they just stylishly increased fare while sidelining partners? Cos u guys are of the opinion that Bolt is now charging 23%.

They increased commission and increased fare, so drivers won't complain.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
Pearl1910:

Omo...u still collect 25k/week in this day and time?. U dey do ur own palliative for your driver's alone. Come do giveaway abeg. grin

Yes o .. So far so good . drivers are behaving themselves ... The business pays itself and am thinking of adding another car ...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ecclize: 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
dru23:

Yes o .. So far so good . drivers are behaving themselves ... The business pays itself and am thinking of adding another car ...
boss i am available if at all u have a car on ground...

U will never regret giving out your car to me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Quit being lazy and complaining like BAZOO1 and Felicity.
So you prefer to be selling gala under hot sun?

Lmao, not every driver on the platform is jobless, i mentioned office in my post…. But nah, life is difficult for the blind

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
dru23:

By December grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
dru23:

The ones that can drive dey drive 24/7 .. But Person wey no sabi drive is their Oga controlling them ......

You see , this life no wan balance..........by the way we are loading a container this January. So pre order your items and pay 30% deposit of total cost.....

We don't want to chase you up and down when goods arrive.. We dey enter 2022 with more sense

Does this 30% deposit include vehicle purchase
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
deedee44:

By December grin

That should not be ur concern... But that 20w50 oyel u dey use make ur car no go do Kakakakakakaka on 3rd mainland Bridge at 1am .. You will be force to leave the car there.. Police and arm robber are notorious for robbing and throwing people into the Lagoon .......

And am sure u go leave the car there , coz life is more precious than material things.. But by the time u go back next morning to tow ur car. Na skeleton shape of the car u go find there.. That is if those thieves pity u be that........

A word is enough for the wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Does this 30% deposit include vehicle purchase

When it comes to cars it's a bit difference .. We look for the highest person with a deposit.. We than do a detail video of the car and send it to the person.

This usually happens when I buy the car from a private seller. So am confident enough to look for person willing to put down the highest deposit .... I usually take my time .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2021
dru23:

When it comes to cars it's a bit difference .. We look for the highest person with a deposit.. We than do a detail video of the car and send it to the person.

Can you explain this part in bold. Not very clear

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Can you explain this part in bold. Not very clear

I either get a call or email and asking more infor about the car . I than send more detail videos to all the prospective buyers.......

Some will show interest and be willing to put down deposit for the car. And we ask them each how much are the willing to put down. So we than look for the highest person, this shows high probability rate the person will buy it . once we confirm an alert we seal the deal .........

Once the vehicle is almost getting to LAGOS , we let the person know . And once he sees the vehicle and satisfy . He has 5 business days to make remaining balance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2021
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the question where are you.
Like wtf! Was the rider supposed to ask?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
dru23:

That should not be ur concern... But that 20w50 oyel u dey use make ur car no go do Kakakakakakaka on 3rd mainland Bridge at 1am .. You will be force to leave the car there.. Police and arm robber are notorious for robbing and throwing people into the Lagoon .......

And am sure u go leave the car there , coz life is more precious than material things.. But by the time u go back next morning to tow ur car. Na skeleton shape of the car u go find there.. That is if those thieves pity u be that........

A word is enough for the wise
I will not be on 3mb at 1am, so that renders everything you said invalid.
Money I've saved from buying 20w50 instead of 5w30 synthetic can buy a new engine so I don't care if the engine packs up, it's still strong kakaraka, not showing kakakakakaka boooom sign grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AyeMoJuba: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
dru23:

pls i need a car for Bolt...pls can I pm u?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmodavidoX(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
Grossed 21,200 with my 3k fuel.
(9:46AM - 2:50pm)

Be like my car na V6 in V4 body.

Well I don close for today. Body no be firewood.

Good evening my Ogas

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2021
AyeMoJuba:

pls i need a car for Bolt...pls can I pm u?

The truth is that I dont have any car available now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
deedee44:

I will not be on 3mb at 1am, so that renders everything you said invalid.
Money I've saved from buying 20w50 instead of 5w30 synthetic can buy a new engine so I don't care if the engine packs up, it's still strong kakaraka, not showing kakakakakaka boooom sign grin

Be honest with urself.. Give us a break down of the cost of oil change.......

This will include ......

Cost of engine oil ( where you buy ur oil from)
Labour
Cost of filter ........

And how many times in a year u do oil change .

PS .. Plz include type of car .. Lexus, Rolls Royce, G wagon, Corolla, camry etc I wan know before I say something
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
dru23:

I either get a call or email and asking more infor about the car . I than send more detail videos to all the prospective buyers.......

Some will show interest and be willing to put down deposit for the car. And we ask them each how much are the willing to put down. So we than look for the highest person, this shows high probability rate the person will buy it . once we confirm an alert we seal the deal .........

Once the vehicle is almost getting to LAGOS , we let the person know . And once he sees the vehicle and satisfy . He has 5 business days to make remaining balance

This is clear now. Thanks.

This model assumes there will always be multiple buyers for every vehicle.

What if the vehicle the person want to buy is rare and he's the only one interested in it. How do you determine the amount of deposit to take
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
tunlapapa:

Programming an app to display certain features is not hard just like how they made drivers feel destination cannot be shown when you get requests.

They know their reasons for not breaking down the details and they know the reasons for not showing net earnings while they show gross. The gross will keep deceiving drivers thinking they are making money and that is the more reason why majority of bolt drivers say what they have at hand is different from app money. You see my friend, these are psychological done on drivers on purpose.

See, I only counter wrong notions and statements like "bolt is stealing our money" "bolt is charging 23%" etc
For your information, Bolt also shows Net Earnings, it's clear on the Bolt App, moreover, who doesn't know u have to deduct commissions to get d actual amount u have made for yourself. Or does almighty sophisticated Uber App deduct fuel costs from your Net earnings on the App so u can really know how much remains in ur pocket??
Abeg, let's leave this trashing of Bolt every time for unnecessary things.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmodavidoX(m): 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
Abeg I have a serious question that has been bothering me lately.

How does bolt or how can one handle a situation whereby one is very close to a rider’s pick up point and he or she cancel the request.

Even after one has called them to let them know you are on your way.

Imagine driving more than 7km and when almost there they cancel.

The last one pain me enter blood, I feel like calling back the rider and insulting the hell out of her.

Airtime, fuel, and time wasted just like that.

Does bolt not compensate for this?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
Y1nka:

Due to the “pepper dem” posting i usually see here, i also tried grossing the best i can yesterday.. As per my office no dey open na, i set out early 7:10 am , rested in a place from 2- 4 :15 due to fatigue Had some mad migrain in between (as i was fighting the sleep by noon). Closed 11: 25pm or so

Last last i grossed 40k , i dont know how you all do this on a steady, but one thing i know is that this shit aint healthy if thats what you do. Your health is important….

The "Ants" won't be happy with this your assertion, do you wan' join LazyDLeague...
The weather is horrific nowadays, because of changes in weather pattern...
Then, that break should be 11a.m - 3:45p.m - look for a mango tree and park underneath, sip a bottle of drink, and listen to your favorite station. If you really wanna do it, the way I do...I'll park in a secured place, depending where I am, then visit museum, or go window shopping, or enter mamman kontagora building go make enquiries about mortgage offers...or walk into valeta company ...and ask about distributorship... sha do anything positive...

Last week...I walked into Top radio station, waited for Godwin enakhena @ reception till program end by 12:30 and I asked baba how I fit get Afcon match tickets last group game& quarter final....he said he is not promising but him go try @ subsidized rate.... If e pure, I go enter Cameroon be that, with my napsack...after all part Payment school fees don settle, do not let anything hinder you from what gives you joy....

E-hailing is a phase, but for some na the End...

So do you feel motivated going out next morning grin

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2021
chillex8:

Post the week before Xmas. I want to check suntin

Let sleeping dog lie grin

Or
According to pearl1910 bring money on table and I will post it grin
Yet there was highest earners challenge pearl couldn’t post dashboard.
Well December dashboard Na scam

[img]https://c./shAE5HzfynQAAAAC/jerry-full.gif[/img]

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2021
dru23:

The truth is that I dont have any car available now

In 4days time, it'll be 2yrs you've been trying to increase your fleet of cars from 3 to 4.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2021
BAZ001:

Let sleeping dog lie grin

Or
According to pearl1910 bring money on table and I will post it grin
Yet there was highest earners challenge pearl couldn’t post dashboard.
Well December dashboard Na scam

[img]https://c./shAE5HzfynQAAAAC/jerry-full.gif[/img]

This BAZOO na Sir weerey...this your meme...says it all...but you for post am, make him see something

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
OmodavidoX:
Abeg I have a serious question that has been bothering me lately.

How does bolt or how can one handle a situation whereby one is very close to a rider’s pick up point and he or she cancel the request.

Even after one has called them to let them know you are on your way.

Imagine driving more than 7km and when almost there they cancel.

The last one pain me enter blood, I feel like calling back the rider and insulting the hell out of her.

Airtime, fuel, and time wasted just like that.

Does bolt not compensate for this?

Shebí I tell Oga Felicity the last time make him carry you enter bush, you talk say no....No be me go tell you before you request for "Hoodlumic Form"....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2021
Pearl1910:

See, I only counter wrong notions and statements like "bolt is stealing our money" "bolt is charging 23%" etc
For your information, Bolt also shows Net Earnings, it's clear on the Bolt App, moreover, who doesn't know u have to deduct commissions to get d actual amount u have made for yourself. Or does almighty sophisticated Uber App deduct fuel costs from your Net earnings on the App so u can really know how much remains in ur pocket??
Abeg, let's leave this trashing of Bolt every time for unnecessary things.

What do drivers mention on default when asked about their earnings?

This is an example below.

OmodavidoX:

Good evening my Ogas

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Themi06: 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
komodapson:

The "Ants" won't be happy with this your assertion, do you wan' join LazyDLeague...
The weather is horrific nowadays, because of changes in weather pattern...
Then, that break should be 11a.m - 3:45p.m - look for a mango tree and park underneath, sip a bottle of drink, and listen to your favorite station. If you really wanna do it, the way I do...I'll park in a secured place, depending where I am, then visit museum, or go window shopping, or enter mamman kontagora building go make enquiries about mortgage offers...or walk into valeta company ...and ask about distributorship... sha do anything positive...

Last week...I walked into Top radio station, waited for Godwin enakhena @ reception till program end by 12:30 and I asked baba how I fit get Afcon match tickets last group game& quarter final....he said he is not promising but him go try @ subsidized rate.... If e pure, I go enter Cameroon be that, with my napsack...after all part Payment school fees don settle, do not let anything hinder you from what gives you joy....

E-hailing is a phase, but for some na the End...

So do you feel motivated going out next morning grin
I love your midset and idea. It's beautiful

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
OmodavidoX:

Good evening my Ogas

Nice one...naso e dey be...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 4:47pm On Dec 28, 2021
Johnnybegood12:
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the question where are you.
Like wtf! Was the rider supposed to ask?

It's kinda stupid as the app that connected both the driver and rider shows where the driver is on his/her App.

Is it not clearly shown on their app?
Because someone asked a silly question doesn't mean I have to answer stupidly.

So the best way I answer is, I am close by/ around the corner/ few blocks away.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
donfortune48:

In 4days time, it'll be 2yrs you've been trying to increase your fleet of cars from 3 to 4.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
kanuisagoat:

This is clear now. Thanks.

This model assumes there will always be multiple buyers for every vehicle.

What if the vehicle the person want to buy is rare and he's the only one interested in it. How do you determine the amount of deposit to take

We do have multiple buyers for each vehicles and sometimes we dont. And if we don't we sell the cars when it gets to LAGOS.. I try to buy the cars low as possible . This is why I prefer buying from private sellers .......
And to put it out there. The profit margin on cars are very low .Some of these guys are making 50k 100k or some are getting just their capital, and some are 3rd party car dealers. Someone will bring a car today to sell. They fix it up etc and than sell on behalf of their client . we have many of them on nairaland and all over LAGOS. The exchange rate is not helping at all . As of today Dec 28th 2021 buying dollar is 565
and selling is 558. ..........

But in my own case , I load containers and I can't just load without filling it with cars. The cars are used to offset the container goods. So whether person put deposit or not . I go buy and load inside container. And cars I look for are not that rare .... I usually buy the following types of cars.......

1. Hyundai elantra
2. Volvo Xc90
3. Hyundai vearcruz
4. Camry and Toyota if the price is right for container loading...
5. Toyota sienna.

There is nothing rare about this vehicles. And I was thinking of buying a ford edge(pic below) . but the deal didn't go through ... And I have never had issues selling this cars at all . The most important thing is to buy them cheap enough. And most times I do come across very good deals.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lonewolfchemist: 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
Felicity0001:

Leave pearl1910 abeg mske him dey form paparazzi

Imcase you guys dont know pearl is Uche.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TUBLEZ(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
Pearl1910:

Na u Sabi how to collect money from Bolt na...
Sorry for the experience.
End trip and complain rider didn't pay, simple. Tell them he was arrested and whisked away for possession of drugs. Let's see what Bolt does.
In cases like this I wish it's Uber, Uber will give u more money than the trip sef with apology and abeg no vex.
..bro, I changed my car colour sometimes in January and I message bolt they told me to go do re inspection which i did but i was surprised my app was still showing the former colour to riders ,I just dey explain everytime to riders that noticed, I did another inspection again last month still no changes of which we input the new colour during inspection...tho 60% of Nigerian riders don't even know the car colour that is coming to pick them grin but for those that know I don tire to dey shalayè...wetin i go do?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4340) (4341) (4342) (4343) (4344) (4345) (4346) ... (5697) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: donbrowser(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.