Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,352 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4734285 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rhymaholic: 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
slamstanlee:
undecidedYou get time walahi! Nice sha! My interior and cute air freshener get me back to back 5stars. I can't shout

Where you customise this thing abeg. The design is superb. Gimme contact.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rhymaholic: 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
God bless everyone updating and giving valuable information on this group.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
Wow.... This is nice but me, my attitude and personality gets me 7stars.....i don't have Wi-Fi..... I charge 500/1000 for kissing/smooching in my car.... I call it other charges and I make my riders laugh...my rating is still on a 4.70
Daveonoja:
This has really been pumping up my 5star trips and raking in a lot of offline trips... Think smart.... Just 1month of introducing free wifi and its been a big hit
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rhymaholic: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2018
vulpeslopez:
Wow.... This is nice but me, my attitude and personality gets me 7stars.....i don't have Wi-Fi..... I charge 500/1000 for kissing/smooching in my car.... I call it other charges and I make my riders laugh...my rating is still on a 4.70
You don turn you car to brothel.. LOL

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by afroxyz: 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daveonoja:
This has really been pumping up my 5star trips and raking in a lot of offline trips... Think smart.... Just 1month of introducing free wifi and its been a big hit

See levels
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2018
slamstanlee:
undecidedYou get time walahi! Nice sha! My interior and cute air freshener get me back to back 5stars. I can't shout

abeg, which air freshener do you use?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
rhymaholic:

how much do you spend on data?
. #19,800 Smile unlimited
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2018
vulpeslopez:
. Lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
Humilem:

@Daveonoja.

Today slow sha grin

How much have you made so far today?

Thank you.

GOD bless.
online #8,400 offline 10k. Me i no day find planty money grin just 300k monthly after expenses more like 10k daily after expenses. I don go rest be that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
Humilem:
@Gazzuzz

I am curious to know your opinion on the following three particular vehicles 2006-2009 Hyundai Sonata; 2006-2010 Hyundai Elantra and 2006-2010 Honda Civic to be Uber platform. Would you advise or disqualify any or all these vehicles on the UberX platform. Please remember I am concerned about the Nigerian environment.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

GOD bless.

sonata, engine too large for uber business, engine too expensive if replacement required, a/c very unpredictable.

Elantra, stick to the 2.0liter engines, the 1.6 liter engines are expensive and very delicate, they do not lolorate any form of abuse.

Also avoid the electronic assisted steering.

Finally CIVIC. I hate CIVIC. Personal issues.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Humilem: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
@Gazzuzz.

Thank you for your quick response. I am very grateful. Toyota Corolla still seems to be on top of the pack for UberX business when considering Japanese or Korean made cars.

Stay blessed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Humilem: 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
@Daveonoja.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

GOD bless.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2018
Monthly. That's much compared to my 4k. You'll make more money though
Daveonoja:
. #19,800 Smile unlimited
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

sonata, engine too large for uber business, engine too expensive if replacement required, a/c very unpredictable.

Elantra, stick to the 2.0liter engines, the 1.6 liter engines are expensive and very delicate, they do not lolorate any form of abuse.

Also avoid the electronic assisted steering.

Finally CIVIC. I hate CIVIC. Personal issues.
My elantra has electronic assisted steering. It has been working for 6months now with no issues at all. So what's the issue about it that people need to be aware.
The highest millage elantra I have is 245k miles and still going strong. So what's is the issues. Just curious

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
U never carry riders way set kiss for inside ur car? Me I go just tell them say 'that is extra charges'
rhymaholic:
You don turn you car to brothel.. LOL
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
rhymaholic:

Where you customise this thing abeg. The design is superb. Gimme contact.
festac ni... Gave the job to my panel beater to follow up ... I will ask..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
lexylexy:

abeg, which air freshener do you use?
abro organic air freshener, i keep dem hidden
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
My ac will be at the lowest, riders will be like: broz could u reduce the ac please
Me: thats the lowest ma... We can switch it off and on at intervals if its too cold for us... Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Humilem: 11:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hello everbody!

Is N60,000 a month rent reasonable in Alausa, Ikeja area for a 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom plus 1powder room? Decent / motorable neighborhood. Security and electricity so so. Would need generator for at least 7- 8 hours daily. Would like to know what you think.

Appreciate your contribution.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dessy8: 12:02am On Jan 19, 2018
Boy thats some good money though,,,i mean just from that area alone...My suggestion is this...alternate between Agege , ICM and the intl airport... I'm not an uber driver yet, planning to be one soon, but boy there's alot of traffic in these 2 places...Bros na one day person dey sabi road, so get out from ur familiar spot sometime and use ur phone's GPS
[quote author=suyamasta post=64304518][/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 12:03am On Jan 19, 2018
deedee44:
Monthly. That's much compared to my 4k. You'll make more money though
Ladies be like whao are you kidding me? In nigeria, is it really working? Lol grin the extra tips and freebees i'hav gotten because of the wifi really is more than enuf to pay for the data for a month....so practically the the free wifi definitly would pay for data by itself

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yhemster(m): 12:15am On Jan 19, 2018
Daveonoja:
Ladies be like whao are you kidding me? In nigeria, is it really working? Lol grin the extra tips and freebees i'hav gotten because of the wifi really is more than enuf to pay for the data for a month....so practically the the free wifi definitly would pay for data by itself

I'm sure most of the wifi usage will be for phone updates and social media, grin. It's good to be distinct in competition. More blessing

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 12:31am On Jan 19, 2018
Have you wondered why Nigerian military personnel have been using and still use Pj? It must deff be cos d car is strong and easy to maintain i guess. I once use 406 wagon manual for like 3yrs and it was a great experience, yes av tried hyundai, kia and corolla and camry since den but if i get the opportunity i will use Pj again and again cos it is tested and trusted for Nigerian road and market expecially.
#myopinion

[Qquote author=starlek post=64217393]

Great ideas usually come across to many as junk ideas. The best strategies are weird and I'm inspired by people who think outside the box.
I'll say don't be critical about the idea of Peugeot coz they most certainly have something up their sleeves.[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:25am On Jan 19, 2018
dru23:

My elantra has electronic assisted steering. It has been working for 6months now with no issues at all. So what's the issue about it that people need to be aware.
The highest millage elantra I have is 245k miles and still going strong. So what's is the issues. Just curious

with our bad roads, the noises will soon start sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:54am On Jan 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

with our bad roads, the noises will soon start sad
Well I was thinking maybe you were going to mention a recall. Their was a recall for the electronic power steering. I think about 205k cars were affected. Am hoping that none of mine were part of it. But since the cars are over 100k miles am thinking maybe the previous owners might have taken it back to the hyundai dealership to have it fix.
I will keep an observation on the power steering wheel . Since you said the Nigeria roads are bad . But so far for 6months now no major issue at all . Apart from the transmission issue with the car . The car was only driven for maybe two months or less in Uber. Before the transmission issue came. So instead of buying another transmission. The old one was rebuilt and now works perfectly.
Let's us keep in mind all these issues depends on driving behavior of the driver. No cars are bullet proof at all. The elantra that as the millage in my fleet. It has been perform above my expectation .
One of my other elantra always had bushing problems with the old driver. The old driver was always complaining shocks. Bushing etc . He will change them and complain again. I am not a car guru o. But common sense tells me that tokunbo bushings shocks, transmission etc are not the best to judge the overall performance of a car. Most of these used parts have high miles on them that you are not sure of. So now the new driver never Complains about bushing or shocks anymore etc. So maybe he is just managing it or I dont known. But inspection are done every two weeks. And keep in mind if 90percent of the time cars are driven on lekki, ikoyi, Vi etc. The wear and tear will be less coz of the good roads compare to other places.
My point is it boils down to the driver and driving habit. Most of these drivers don't care . Because the cars dont belong to them. This is my observations so far .

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:10am On Jan 19, 2018
yhemster:

I'm sure most of the wifi usage will be for phone updates and social media, grin. It's good to be distinct in competition. More blessing

It is good. But it will still be the same rating that a car with good customer service will get without the Wi-Fi. I don't really see what WiFi will do . Unless u might get a lot of offline jobs especially long distance ones . But how often will you get it . To me as long as your car is from 05 upwards and the car is clean and A/C working. And especially your customers service skills is very good. Your ratings should be fine.
The only way WiFi and all these other extras will add value. Will be if you had your own app like Uber and competing with other e hailing apps. Than it might make sense. But once you start doing other companies will follow . So how do you now separate yourself from the rest. There is no monopoly on free WiFi on cars now. This is my opinion. Every business is here to make profit and not to be a an unnecessary father Xmas.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:15am On Jan 19, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:19am On Jan 19, 2018
[
angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:26am On Jan 19, 2018
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:42am On Jan 19, 2018
yhemster:

Ps the only way WiFi might make sense. If the drivers can't get request in certain areas they drive. Due to Internet connection or weak connection. But you also have to check the phone the driver is using to make sure it is the recommended phone . Every business is to make profit and every penny, cents .kobo etc counts in business.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:49am On Jan 19, 2018
vicolame:
Have you wondered why Nigerian military personnel have been using and still use Pj? It must deff be cos d car is strong and easy to maintain i guess. I once use 406 wagon manual for like 3yrs and it was a great experience, yes av tried hyundai, kia and corolla and camry since den but if i get the opportunity i will use Pj again and again cos it is tested and trusted for Nigerian road and market expecially.
#myopinion

[Qquote author=starlek post=64217393]

Great ideas usually come across to many as junk ideas. The best strategies are weird and I'm inspired by people who think outside the box.
I'll say don't be critical about the idea of Peugeot coz they most certainly have something up their sleeves.

Well there is a difference to think outside the box and upside down the box. Jappense cars are loved all over the world. Especially in Africa. And the major reason is because of quality. Once those qualities are no longer there. People will buy somewhere else . I can say at least Japanese cars dominate the car sector in Africa. Were is peugot dominanting . Am sure peugot are good cars too. But majority of people that drives jappanse cars can't be all wrong now.
Do you known that in the middle east or these torn war countries prefer Toyota. And even isis and terrorist are using Japanese cars. So maybe you should introduce peugot to them and you can come and give us their feedback on nairaland. We go dey wait for your observation when you tell them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 6:52am On Jan 19, 2018
dru23:

It is good. But it will still be the same rating that a car with good customer service will get without the Wi-Fi. I don't really see what WiFi will do . Unless u might get a lot of offline jobs especially long distance ones . But how often will you get it . To me as long as your car is from 05 upwards and the car is clean and A/C working. And especially your customers service skills is very good. Your ratings should be fine.
The only way WiFi and all these other extras will add value. Will be if you had your own app like Uber and competing with other e hailing apps. Than it might make sense. But once you start doing other companies will follow . So how do you now separate yourself from the rest. There is no monopoly on free WiFi on cars now. This is my opinion. Every business is here to make profit and not to be a an unnecessary father Xmas.
like i said earlier different strokes for different folks... Been driving for a for more than a year now but added free wifi A month ago and bro trust me its not an unnecessary father christmas....we are all in it to make money but we all dont make the same amount...so if i pay #19800 for unlimited data and am happy to share the experience and gains of adding it u shld know bruv that its definitly paying off... Just so u know i can cathegorically tell u i have gotten more than tripple the wifi subcription fee on free wifi concept.just to mention a few.... A rider from MMIA to VGC gave me $50 tips for the concept i was just shocked.... I can cathegorically tell you now that that same rider no longer uses Uber if am available its strickly offline....i have a good percentage of offline riders right now some tell me days ahead of thier intending trip so i make myself available for the trip.....so bruv your unnecessary father christmas talk is just an average Nigerian way of thinking... Think differently we are all for the money

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: northbird, confusedworld17 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.