Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4815467 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4386) (4387) (4388) (4389) (4390) (4391) (4392) ... (5704) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:43am On Jan 18, 2022
Viking07:
I drive everyday. I was advised to change it after every 6 weeks. The problem is spending such money on servicing is not funny.

Every 6 week is not a professional advise bro... Mileage is the best practice.

My ladt service was October 1st, 2021 I just hit 8000 miles yesterday. By month end I'll be preparing to change the oil again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:47am On Jan 18, 2022
geezyk:
It's definitely true bro, base fare of any trip, irregardless of distance is 600, bit add the said 5% commission its suppose to give you a total of atleast 635, but its a lie, the minimum trip still remains 600. The driver bears the 5% cost eventually.

Are you not aware or u just choose to just be ignorant of the fact that prices are rounded up to d nearest 100? So if u do a trip that's 640 it's 600 that will be displayed and if u do a trip that's 650 it's 700 that will be displayed as fare. This applies to every other hundredth fare that is displayed.
However u want to twist it, my advise for u and every other person using this minimum fare as example is don't do short trips of 600 so that bolt will not charge u 25% and u have peace.
Hopefully this settles this issue till further notice.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:49am On Jan 18, 2022
ThatNiccur:

I dey tell you.
I come dey think whether car speedometers and speed vary... grin [b]abi 2 cars fit dey go at parallel pace, make one dey read 140km/h and the other 60kmh? [/b]Based on say one na Benz and the other na corolla?

Speaking about finishing speedometers, I have finished the speedometer of a Chevrolet Express cargo van on 3rd mainland. Next was a Toyota Matrix, Lagos - Ugep in Cross Rivers state, was on a road trip with a friend.

Truth is, if you love to drive (in well lit areas and smooth roads) late nights and early mornings, especially on weekends (Saturday and Sunday early mornings), you would love speed and may master it.

Yes sir, very possible sir...

Cars made of different brands might vary.

Mind you EU is different from America or Asia

Also, due to mechanical fault your rpm can also make these things differ.

You get?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:50am On Jan 18, 2022
ThatNiccur:

Them just dey wait make you choose and announce date. Men wey go buy you water so the piss go plenty, full ground.

Hopefully by next Monday, you go see the dashboard wey you dey wait for since.

Even you too?? BAZ001 come oooh come and c ooh...

Everybody for this thread don turn crushgrin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:52am On Jan 18, 2022
providencia:

It do varies sometimes. Inaccurate speedometer reading is very common here since we are fond of changing the size of our tyres to bigger tyres. It affects speedometer reading

Wow! Another angel too... Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:54am On Jan 18, 2022
providencia:
Dru23, Thank you for the successful delivery

Welcome to d club.
If u use a good oil u will seldom forget if they used to do servicing in car sef. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:56am On Jan 18, 2022
Pearl1910:

Are you not aware or u just choose to just be ignorant of the fact that prices are rounded up to d nearest 100? So if u do a trip that's 640 it's 600 that will be displayed and if u do a trip that's 650 it's 700 that will be displayed as fare. This applies to every other hundredth fare that is displayed.
However u want to twist it, my advise for u and every other person using this minimum fare as example is don't do short trips of 600 so that bolt will not charge u 25% and u have peace.
Hopefully this settles this issue till further notice.

Chai! Oga Uche you kill it againgringringrin

Oga Uche always killing them from every angle.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:08am On Jan 18, 2022
ThatNiccur:

I dey tell you.
I come dey think whether car speedometers and speed vary... grin abi 2 cars fit dey go at parallel pace, make one dey read 140km/h and the other 60kmh? Based on say one na Benz and the other na corolla?

That's a fact... especially if the Benz is converted cheesy grin grin

ThatNiccur:

Speaking about finishing speedometers, I have finished the speedometer of a Chevrolet Express cargo van on 3rd mainland. Next was a Toyota Matrix, Lagos - Ugep in Cross Rivers state, was on a road trip with a friend.

Speed kills and damages your normal primed engine...this is not advisable.

ThatNiccur:

Truth is, if you love to drive (in well lit areas and smooth roads) late nights and early mornings, especially on weekends (Saturday and Sunday early mornings), you would love speed and may master it.

Please tell this to one zugumu craze otondo komo that is wondering where in Nigeria one can do ordinary 120-140km/h

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 8:12am On Jan 18, 2022
Pearl1910:

Help me ask Felicity o. Him say third mainland bridge no reach am to hit 120km/h
Sometimes u no go even reach 40km/hr now àbí una don forget sey traffic dey dey there ni grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:13am On Jan 18, 2022
Felicity001:

na una car lapka lapka dey worrygrin grin

How you won take do 120kmph on lagos road, na only you dey the road ni?? 120kmph!! U don forget say Lagosians no dey sleep? On a short distance you want to do 120km speed. Won't you step of your break due to obstacles or obstruction?

Lapka lapka corolla and Honda civic wey una dey drivegringrin una senior brother the oil sipping car self never even fit near me na u lapka lapka corolla dey talk.

When I was using a Corolla 120kmph na normal thing na even on admiralty way I dey do 120 with d Corolla.
Corolla na motor?

Lolz ..I think u do way more than 120km/hr regularly but u don't know cos d speedometer isn't well actuated and the car is so balanced u wouldn't know u r flying. grin grin
They yab d lakpa lakpa Corolla....make we dey manage am for fuel economy...when b*hari comot subsidy, everybody eyes go clear. tongue

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:15am On Jan 18, 2022
Felicity001:

How long is it... It doesnt take me 5min to get off that bridge from marina to oworo... 5min bro I'm not bluffing

That's more than enough to reach 200km/hr sef.
Don't u hear of zero to 80 in 10 seconds?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 18, 2022
Felicity001:

Every 6 week is not a professional advise bro... Mileage is the best practice.

My ladt service was October 1st, 2021 I just hit 8000 miles yesterday. By month end I'll be preparing to change the oil again.

shocked shocked So it should be after 8000 miles? Those mobil mechanics just wan run me street. 15k every 6 weeks is insane. Thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2022
Felicity001:

15k okay for a semi-synthetic motor oil?

How much is NorthWest, Total and many other full synthetic motor oil.

15k to me is a reapoff for a semi synthetic my brother... Mobil just dey sell name nothing more
Which oil do you recommend biko? Total 20w 50 is what my neighbour uses but the recommended oil on my engine is 5w 30(which is very expensive). sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 9:10am On Jan 18, 2022
Felicity001:

15k okay for a semi-synthetic motor oil?

How much is NorthWest, Total and many other full synthetic motor oil.

15k to me is a reapoff for a semi synthetic my brother... Mobil just dey sell name nothing more
Do u suggest I go for total fully synthetic oil instead of d mobil semi oil? Since is a new engine I'm buying, it will be easy for me to use Total sef because they are close to my house here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2022
Felicity001:

How long is it... It doesnt take me 5min to get off that bridge from marina to oworo... 5min bro I'm not bluffing
You have no idea what you are talking about bro. The slightest idea I mean. Even if you do 160km/r from the moment you join 3mb from Osborne ramp, it will take you more than 5mins to get to Oworo.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2022
Pearl1910:

That's a fact... especially if the Benz is converted cheesy grin

You be craze I sweargringrin

Hell fire is waiting for you
gringrin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:25am On Jan 18, 2022
samobaba4u:

Sometimes u no go even reach 40km/hr now àbí una don forget sey traffic dey dey there ni grin grin

No mind them... Later now them go say make we no work late night but now they want us to work at night just to do 120kmph on 3MDBgringrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:28am On Jan 18, 2022
geezyk:
It's definitely true bro, base fare of any trip, irregardless of distance is 600, bit add the said 5% commission its suppose to give you a total of atleast 635, but its a lie, the minimum trip still remains 600. The driver bears the 5% cost eventually.

Bro pearl1910 will not agree until he sees pictorial proofs, I ve seen two from my earnings but I don’t have strength now.
After calculating distance(km), time and paid waiting + 20 naira service fee... Abeg where did they add 3% ?

According to our uche we will continue to avoid 600 trips so as not to feel pained when bolt takes 25% grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Springboot: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2022
Felicity001:

This is very impossible sir, with your claim of not going above 120km/h, you can't cover a bridge of 11.6km in 5mins even if you're left alone on the bridge .

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2022
Pearl1910:

Please tell this to one zugumu craze otodo komo that is wondering where in Nigeria one can do ordinary 120-140km/h

Felicity001 and komodapson on this table grin
This early morning grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2022
Pearl1910:

Lolz ..I think u do way more than 120km/hr regularly but u don't know cos d speedometer isn't well actuated and the car is so balanced u wouldn't know u r flying. grin grin
They yab d lakpa lakpa Corolla....make we dey manage am for fuel economy...when b*hari comot subsidy, everybody eyes go clear. tongue

My car has a Max speed of 160... I guess now you believe me when I said I'd not done 120 yet... Just a few times I'd seen the meter reading hit 100 and at this time the Uber app will be reading 140km+ in bold red color na that time my eyes dey go my speedometer to see what's going on.

Doing 130 on a Benz is oike doing 80km on ur lapka lapka Corollagringrin

Talking about fuel bros... You actually can't relate... Dont worry I've a bad oxygen sensor and air flow meter hoping to get it fix by month end during my next oil change.

I will gladly rent my car to you for a week so you see how fuel efficient the car is.

What else do I need for a car that does 14km/L? How much fuel will ur lapka lapka Corolla do for that distance?

Bros I still went to convenant twice last week I spent just 2500-3k for fuel to and fro with full ac... My O2 and MAF bad oooh... How much will a corolla spend?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frubben(m): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2022
Una good morning o. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:44am On Jan 18, 2022
Viking07:
shocked shocked So it should be after 8000 miles? Those mobil mechanics just wan run me street. 15k every 6 weeks is insane. Thank you.

Nooo 8000 miles ke for a semi-synthetic motor oil? No na bros... 4000miles should be fine or you can stretch to 5000 depending on the quality of filter you use.

Make sure to get a good grade.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:44am On Jan 18, 2022
Felicity001:

My car has a Max speed of 160... I guess now you believe me when I said I'd not done 120 yet... Just a few times I'd seen the meter reading hit 100 and at this time the Uber app will be reading 140km+ in bold red color na that time my eyes dey go my speedometer to see what's going on.

Doing 130 on a Benz is oike doing 80km on ur lapka lapka Corollagringrin

Talking about fuel bros... You actually can't relate... Dont worry I've a bad oxygen sensor and air flow meter hoping to get it fix by month end during my next oil change.

I will gladly rent my car to you for a week so you see how fuel efficient the car is.

What else do I need for a car that does 14km/L? How much fuel will ur lapka lapka Corolla do for that distance?

Bros I still went to convenant twice last week I spent just 2500-3k for fuel to and fro with full ac... My O2 and MAF bad oooh... How much will a corolla spend?
Na now I confirm say you be proper mumuni.
It's possible the car is calibrated to miles per hour. Olodo Rabata

Snap a pic of the instrument cluster, let's educate you.

P.S If your downstream O2 sensor is bad, your gas mileage won't be affected.
Post scan results lets confirm your claims.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2022
Springboot:

This is very impossible sir, with your claim of not going above 120km/h, you can't cover a bridge of 11.6km in 5mins even if you're left alone on the bridge .
No be play bros. I hit 180km/hr on my elegant Ford duratec those days on 3MB.
Trust me, I complete that bridge in less than 5mins. This one I have confirmed personally...
Even my civic completes that bridge under 5mins. Wetin una dey talk sef? Bridge only seems longer when there is traffic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2022
BAZ001:

God bless you.
I noticed it this morning they deducted 24.5%
If I talk they will say we are complaining, bolt stylishly increased there commissions grin

The only difference btw bolt and Uber is the destination on bolt.

Hopefully our uche will proof us wrong

I must not be late for this lecture, 4Unit (C). 'cos I'm not in good books of this lecturer. Àbí BAZOO, shey I fit burst am? grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2022
frubben:
Una good morning o. grin

Dem no dey greet for here, shey you here (in Mr jollof voice) grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:53am On Jan 18, 2022
Viking07:
Which oil do you recommend biko? Total 20w 50 is what my neighbour uses but the recommended oil on my engine is 5w 30(which is very expensive). sad

Your owner manual should tell if it's semi-synthetic or full synthetic. I think that's where you're confuse so search online to find out if its synthetic or just ordinary that is recommended then make sure u get a genuine product and I believe being consistent with a particular product is good instead of changing from one product every other time this can make one engine even smoke at times.

I used Mobil1 for my first service but now I'm planning on changing to liqiud Molly.

The last I checked mobil1 is now sold for 27k and I'll be needing 10ltrs plus filter 5k... Can't cough out such money like thatgrin my budget is 45k and liquid Molly accommodates that but if I get any other cheaper product b4 month end why not? Provided I'll be getting it constantly...

Check NorthWest I think their full synthetic oil is 12k but I dont have review about the product that's my fear so I just want to stick with the popular brands

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:55am On Jan 18, 2022
abiolag:

Do u suggest I go for total fully synthetic oil instead of d mobil semi oil? Since is a new engine I'm buying, it will be easy for me to use Total sef because they are close to my house here

Go with total full synthetic its affordable and always available. I think it's about 14k for 4L then make sure you get a good grade filter.

6000 mile should be fine

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Springboot: 9:57am On Jan 18, 2022
chillex8:

No be play bros. I hit 180km/hr on my elegant Ford duratec those days on 3MB.
Trust me, I complete that bridge in less than 5mins. This one I have confirmed personally...
Even my civic completes that bridge under 5mins. Wetin una dey talk sef? Bridge only seems longer when there is traffic.

At 180, yes its possible but 120 km according to feli, it's impossible, this is simple maths.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:59am On Jan 18, 2022
ReadaDream:
You have no idea what you are talking about bro. The slightest idea I mean. Even if you do 160km/r from the moment you join 3mb from Osborne ramp, it will take you more than 5mins to get to Oworo.

Bros ive done exactly 35min from Ajah bridge to my house in Abule Egba.

With a Corolla oh... How long do you think it will take me with a Benz or a Ferrari or Lamborghini?

I think maybe 20min

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2022
Pearl1910:

Speed kills and damages your normal primed engine...this is not advisable.

Please tell this to one zugumu craze otodo komo that is wondering where in Nigeria one can do ordinary 120-140km/h

Well, if anyone did successfully try this in any of our Roads, regardless the car he/she drives- that means Death is hovering around the person head. grin just waiting for the bell to be tolled

(1) (2) (3) ... (4386) (4387) (4388) (4389) (4390) (4391) (4392) ... (5704) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.