Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4804422 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4547) (4548) (4549) (4550) (4551) (4552) (4553) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:04am On Mar 21, 2022
Cheddaz:
Shey na because some of us get the opportunity. Abeg go check factories for Lagos how much dem dey work from 7am to 6pm for just 15k a month, even people with families. Person talk say him net 25k in a day even if na intersate . How much dem dey pay all those intersate drivers sef?His hard earned legal money, una wan flog am. To make money easy? Cut a man some slack bro

I use to think like this before, always quick to console myself with someone struggling or lower class, until someone corrected me.
Why don’t you compare yourself to your mates/ junior doing better, working from home marking 800k a month or even photographers collecting 500k for one wedding and two weddings in a month 1M or guys that are doing farming and lounging, why factory workers or gala sellers.
I thank God for the opportunities and blessings but bro you should look around you guys don move, legit making cool cash.
I’m not flogging feli but stating that the work is not equivalent to the figures on dashboard.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 6:51am On Mar 21, 2022
BAZ001:

I use to think like this before, always quick to console myself with someone struggling or lower class, until someone corrected me.
Why don’t you compare yourself to your mates/ junior doing better, working from home marking 800k a month or even photographers collecting 500k for one wedding and two weddings in a month 1M or guys that are doing farming and lounging, why factory workers or gala sellers.
I thank God for the opportunities and blessings but bro you should look around you guys don move, legit making cool cash.
I’m not flogging feli but stating that the work is not equivalent to the figures on dashboard.

I stopped coming here ever since I stopped uber but mentions and thrills to know what's is happening keep me checking here once a while.

All my life I have known one is meant to compare yourself to higher people but other way here like comparing oneself to labourers, hawkers, etc. Anyway, I don't blame them as I don't know them personally and we have different career targets.

I read on this thread about someone that gave a motivation on data analysis which prompted me to search deeper.

Uche, as you always claim that taxi driving is the best job to happen to graduates, I hope there is career progression.

Now see what we call career progression here => https://www.nairaland.com/7037240/net-salary-data-analyst-scientist#111173121

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 7:02am On Mar 21, 2022
BAZ001:

Driving up and down Lagos won't allow you to reason clearly.

One fact I noted was that fares are cheap to keep you in the system.

Many people didn't plan to drive a taxi, so if they could make money on time (high fares) means they will quit driving early but the fares are cheap to keep you in the system.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 8:02am On Mar 21, 2022
HonourablePomk:
Good evening all.
I got a corrola sports not too long ago naija use. Recently I noticed little water leaks from the front passenger side. Somebody who sat there said it’s cold. I went to ac people and they said water only goes out through one pipe and I was shown the pipe and it was put very well inside the hole that leaks outside. I don’t know where this little cold water comes from I just see it on the footmat. Please what can be the issue? And how can I resolve it?
Check your windscreen if it's well glued....had same issue b4, turns out that the water enters from the front windscreen whenever it's raining or whenever I wash the car

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 8:36am On Mar 21, 2022
Saw it somewhere.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HonourablePomk: 8:38am On Mar 21, 2022
Johnnybegood12:

Check your windscreen if it's well glued....had same issue b4, turns out that the water enters from the front windscreen whenever it's raining or whenever I wash the car

I see the water when the weather is clear. Just by doing with ac on
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:08am On Mar 21, 2022
pope191:

This your English they somehow o... which one is send a mail to Uche. Send a mail to me angry simple

donfortune48:

What kind of stress is that one?

You're already here and you're still telling him to send a mail to you.

Lolz...craze they worry una grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2022
Glithronix:
Saw it somewhere.
Story

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 9:40am On Mar 21, 2022
BAZ001:

My brother you’re too much. Aim high they say!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:41am On Mar 21, 2022
Felicity001:

My G it's nice to read from you after a long time.

Mr. No Nonsense Sir! I greet you specially. I take God beg you small small dey risk your life on top money wey you no go spend o. We still need you. No go dey do that kind travel with swollen tires G.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2022
BAZ001:

Why don’t you compare yourself to your mates/ junior doing better, working from home marking 800k a month or even photographers collecting 500k for one wedding and two weddings in a month 1M or guys that are doing farming and lounging,

This is a reasonable contribution...if this is what u always say, nobody will argue with u, Cos this is true.
This is significantly different from outrightly saying the work is not good, it's not worth it and discouraging people from doing it.

How will it sound if I point out that even guys that collect 500k per event buy camera worth almost N3million, collect and furnish studio with almost 2million, then pay salaries cos they can't do it alone just in the guise of making it seem like that 500k pay per event isn't worth it. How will it look? Or if I say how easy is it to get event every month?

So u see, for me, I feel if u find something that is profitable for u, go ahead and do it, if u like u can show others the way, if not just chop ur cake in peace.
A guy came and posted about Data Analysis, how he learnt it and how it helped him land an overseas job. That I think is someone who wants the best for others, he has told others what to do, and how to do it to enjoy a better life. Not just to come and be talking down on what people are currently doing and castigating it.

Mehn anybody that doesn't have a better alternative to this hussle should never come and talk trash about it cos it has done marvelous things that even the blind can see it. I am not saying it's d best thing anybody can do, or it doesn't have challenges, but my point is that it is profitable.

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:15am On Mar 21, 2022
HonourablePomk:

I see the water when the weather is clear. Just by doing with ac on

Your AC water hoist outlet is either blocked or leaking back into your car or better still did you recently work on the evaporator the reinstallation was probably not done well. Water droplet can enter the cabin from your evaporator

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 10:18am On Mar 21, 2022
Gentlelife50:

Story
Inside life. lipsrsealed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 10:26am On Mar 21, 2022
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by repairpalng: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2022
available
repairpalng:
NO DOWNTIME WITH YOUR PHONE ON UBER/BOLT: CONTACT US TO FIX YOUR PHONES (WE FIX ALL MODELS).... 08137013426...

Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, Oukitel, Umidigi, Oukitel: WE FIX ANY PHONE ISSUE
'

Samsung S6 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (18K),,

Samsung S6 Edge Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (20K) .

Samsung S7 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (24K),

Samsung S7 Edge Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (22K).,

Samsung S8+ PLUS Follow Come Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (38K),

Samsung S8 Follow Come Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (32K)'

Samsung S9 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (35K) - Wt Black Frame;

Samsung S9+ Plus Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (45K) - Wt Purple Frame;

Samsung S10 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (55K).

Samsung Note 8 Follow Screen Replacement Wt Fixing (40K) - Wt Purple Frame'

[/b]

Follow come used screens but with slight dots (DOT DOES NOT SPREAD AND SCREEN WORKS PERFECTLY)!!!!.

Best market deals wt professionalism in fixing.

also avaiable S9, S9+, S10, NOTE 8, NOTE 9 ETC...

We also fix other
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2022
tunlapapa:

I stopped coming here ever since I stopped uber but mentions and thrills to know what's is happening keep me checking here once a while.

All my life I have known one is meant to compare yourself to higher people but other way here like comparing oneself to labourers, hawkers, etc. Anyway, I don't blame them as I don't know them personally and we have different career targets.

I read on this thread about someone that gave a motivation on data analysis which prompted me to search deeper.

Uche, as you always claim that taxi driving is the best job to happen to graduates, I hope there is career progression.

Now see what we call career progression here => https://www.nairaland.com/7037240/net-salary-data-analyst-scientist#111173121

Don't compare yourself with other people...discover ur purpose, find ur niche, and have a plan to dominate/influence/ transform your world.
Do what makes u happy and gives u peace. Be contented with what u have and u will live long.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

This is a reasonable contribution...if this is what u always say, nobody will argue with u, Cos this is true.
This is significantly different from outrightly saying the work is not good, it's not worth it and discouraging people from doing it.

How will it sound if I point out that even guys that collect 500k per event buy camera worth almost N3million, collect and furnish studio with almost 2million, then pay salaries cos they can't do it alone just in the guise of making it seem like that 500k pay per event isn't worth it. How will it look? Or if I say how easy is it to get event every month?

So u see, for me, I feel if u find something that is profitable for u, go ahead and do it, if u like u can show others the way , if not just chop ur cake in peace.
A guy came and posted about Data Analysis, how he learnt it and how it helped him land an overseas job. That I think is someone who wants the best for others , he has told others what to do, and how to do it to enjoy a better life. Not just to come and be talking down on what people are currently doing and castigating it.

Mehn anybody that doesn't have a better alternative to this hussle should never come and talk trash about it cos it has done marvelous things that even the blind can see it. I am not saying it's d best thing anybody can do, or it doesn't have challenges, but my point is that it is profitable.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Don't compare yourself with other people...discover ur purpose, find ur niche, and have a plan to dominate/influence/ transform your world.
Do what makes u happy and gives u peace. Be contented with what u have and u will live long.

Bros some people time don stop for this world. Even clock self, if it's not correct, they go look correct time take set em to the right time. Abeg anyone here that feels his/her time is not correct or stopped working, should tap into any correct time and figure out what's good from there.

I just they observe Viking from far... that thing you post here, I've posted such before, but they are levels to this things. If you see a man without hope, food to eat, house to sleep. That's when you should be giving him such advice. Those advice are not meant for someone that has seen life before. Imagine someone staying in 3 bedroom at Lekki phase 1. Things come get as e b, and he look through, he have like values worth 5m, now you are asking him to move to Berger and rent mini flat 600k, buy corolla like 2, use one for rent and the other to drive as owner-driver. My point? Person deh grow pass something, such person is not thinking forward, but backward. Courtesy: look at gala sellers

No matter how this work sweet, it will get to a point that it no longer fit into ones bill and they earlier you savvy way out, the better for you.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:55am On Mar 21, 2022
kodred:

Mr. No Nonsense Sir! I greet you specially. I take God beg you small small dey risk your life on top money wey you no go spend o. We still need you. No go dey do that kind travel with swollen tires G.

The country hard bros but las las we shall be alright.

Inbtw, while currently waiting for a client to come out I decided to clean my car and while doing that a young guy dressed in a security outfit walk up to me and begged for money to eat breakfast that its his first month at work...

The hustle is not profitable but I thank God I'm not begging on the street to eat or feed my family and pay rent and I thank God i still have little to give to the needy.

May God prosper us more so we can help the needy more

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:58am On Mar 21, 2022
73O9:

Pls drop ur WhatsApp
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2022
Dailyparrot:

There's a difference between gross earning, net earning, and savings.

If you want to deduct every expenses incurred while driving, what you have left is savings and not net earnings.

Net earning is simply gross earning less fuel and commission.

Dailyparrot, i just dey smile the way dem dey do their own calculation for this platform...Someone said he will have to deduct his daily feeding of 2k to arrive at his net...So assuming you're doing 8am to 5pm, if i ask you what is your net then you will have to deduct all the mama shukura canten wey you visit for the month...If we have to calculate like that or deduct all our expenses for the month then there will be nothing like NET again..Once you deduct your FUEL and BOLT commission, whatever remain is your NET EARNING...please stop adding food/recharge card abeg...If you want to add all those micellaneous, what you will have is SAVINGS.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
pope191:

Bros some people time don stop for this world. Even clock self, if it's not correct, they go look correct time take set em to the right time. Abeg anyone here that feels his/her time is not correct or stopped working, should tap into any correct time and figure out what's good from there.

I just they observe Viking from far... that thing you post here, I've posted such before, but they are levels to this things. If you see a man without hope, food to eat, house to sleep. That's when you should be giving him such advice. Those advice are not meant for someone that has seen life before. Imagine someone staying in 3 bedroom at Lekki phase 1. Things come get as e b, and he look through, he have like values worth 5m, now you are asking him to move to Berger and rent mini flat 600k, buy corolla like 2, use one for rent and the other to drive as owner-driver. My point? Person deh grow pass something, such person is not thinking forward, but backward. Courtesy: look at gala sellers

No matter how this work sweet, it will get to a point that it no longer fit into ones bill and they earlier you savvy way out, the better for you.
bro I don't know about anybody, BT anytime I read ur comment here you're always on point and i can really relate.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
Gentlelife50:

Just like week task force catch me and took me to lasma office despite my pleadings they still took me to office, I started making calls.
They know that the two persons I called will make it easy for me but they simply ignored all the calls, what will I do when they won't take phone to talk to my brother?
I had to look for a neutral lasma person and explained everything to him and even told him my brother is mad they didn't want to talk to him, he was very helpful to me at least he took time to listen to me.
He went to plead on my behalf, las las na 15k I pay because of the people involved.
Next they said I will pay for gate and vaulcanizer, I simply kwechiri grin at the gate they had to let me go.
Imagine if I didn't have such connection or as a newbie, anyways I didn't relate the experience because it's one of those things that ( I mean the baggage that comes with the Job).
Yesterday, tire wahala again.
Bought tire for 14k and fixing it 1k, I just vex go house jare.
Like the celebrity driver use to say this driving thing isn't for everybody.
Bro, tyre do me something too laidat ó. Rider told me my tyre is down and I quickly changed to extra, after trip ended I go vulcanizer. I can believe what I saw inside the tyre. Broken bottle. The type condemned. The following day na kick started after fixed battery followed grin ẹ come be laik village people put hand for the matter grin within a week almost 50k vuuuuu. I never recover sivlnce cos na unexpected expenses for the week

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Pope...I don rest. Can't deal mehn.
This is what I said that is causing all these sermon and whirlwind
and I still stand by it.

You are very CORRECT, unless of course if there are issues on the road i do not see why someone cannot net 10k, either easily or otherwise on this hussle...i do one or two passenger b4 going to work and another two after close of work and i net 5k (after indriver/fuel deduction)..I will be in my office from 9am to 6pm or 7pm and i DON'T BELIEVE that someone who left his house at the same time that i leave mine (5:30am/6am); and will drive till 6pm should not be able to make that 10k....i do only INDRIVER...i can't deny myself the joy of knowing the area am driving to.

But like someone said, there might be issues once in a while and you wont net that 10k, (bad car/police/lastma/ fatigue/ rain etc)...The same way there are very good days and you net MORE....

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
Johnnybegood12:

Smiles
Rest bro

At the bolded was supposed to be my line.
That was what made u popular in this thread remember
From the 50k saga with generalzodd to 5k from felicity etc etc

You people can dig 1000yrs buried corps grin. No wonder our elders say dem no dey do secret things in the presence of a child. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2022
Felicity001:

The country hard bros but las las we shall be alright.

Inbtw, while currently waiting for a client to come out I decided to clean my car and while doing that a young guy dressed in a security outfit walk up to me and begged for money to eat breakfast that its his first month at work...

The hustle is not profitable but I thank God I'm not begging on the street to eat or feed my family and pay rent and I thank God i still have little to give to the needy.

May God prosper us more so we can help the needy more

You’ve done well. How far with that Agric gig? Still on it? May God prosper the work of our hands.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2022
BAZ001:

That’s why I always ask how easy it is
My aim was to let a lot of newbies do there due diligence before venturing into the hustle but as it is the country is not helping matters at all, and men must work and eat. But some jobs are easier than others.

Make God help us make we no dey d wrong hustle for too long.

LOL, I dont want/advice anyone to VENTURE into ehailing..I do not think it's a good idea for a young man/woman to hussle to get a degree because he wants to be a driver...The STRESS/RISK is quite high....I also do not think it's befitting whether you make 10k everyday or not.
BUT, its should be some kind of a stop gap...You're out of job , you can quickly do ehailing for a while; you're out of sch,waiting for nysc/after nysc before you get a job, you can do uber! You have a job buy you're underpaid, you can quickly to uber as add-on..similar situations like that generally...But venturing, like you wake up in the morning and you decide this is what you want to do for the rest of your life, pls think twice....Shame no go catch you!

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
Felicity001:

Pls drop ur WhatsApp

0 Sefen O sis 9 2 sefen tiri 5 sis 5

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
samobaba4u:

Bro, tyre do me something too laidat ó. Rider told me my tyre is down and I quickly changed to extra, after trip ended I go vulcanizer. I can believe what I saw inside the tyre. Broken bottle. The type condemned. The following day na kick started after fixed battery followed grin ẹ come be laik village people put hand for the matter grin within a week almost 50k vuuuuu. I never recover sivlnce cos na unexpected expenses for the week
Na so e dey be sometimes my brother, no be everything hunter see for bush e dey talk

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

So u see, for me, I feel if u find something that is profitable for u, go ahead and do it, if u like u can show others the way, if not just chop ur cake in peace.
A guy came and posted about Data Analysis, how he learnt it and how it helped him land an overseas job. That I think is someone who wants the best for others, he has told others what to do, and how to do it to enjoy a better life. Not just to come and be talking down on what people are currently doing and castigating it.

What brand of beer do you take? Hero? Heineken? Guinness? Just go to any bar around you and order. Tell them viking007 from Nairaland will pay. cheesy

Brilliant submission.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 21, 2022
pope191:

cheesy I like this comment. You see na now you/una dey come out in clear terms. Wizkid (in Don’t Dull) said/sang “My money and your money no be mate”. There is a difference between your account balance and my own account balance.

There are levels you’ll reach where making 25/30k in a day would look like 2k/3k in your eyes. We all pray to reach that level one day. I honestly don’t expect such “multimillionaires” to be struggling with “minnows” like us doing Uber/bolt. Life is in stages and at this stage at least for myself, the money I make from bolt in Mr Sabinus voice “it is hooge” as it is my 2nd source of income.

While we strive to grow from this level, I’d rather utilize this opportunity bolt offers and use it as a stepping stone into the next level rather than condemn and write it off. As at 2pm today I’ve made 10k which is my daily target thanks to the heavy fuel scarcity in Abuja. Almost all my trips are surges. This 10k be like 100k. That is the level I am currently.

When I was in the university, I envy corp members because as at then they earn 19800 in my mind I was like when I get there I’ll save and be rich. Then I serve finish 19800 no even last pass 3 weeks, then I started praying for a job that pays at least 30k, in my mind that’ll be massive. My first job was 50k, need I say the 50k became worthless after 2-3 months? My next job was triple the previous one yet, the cycle continues.

The summary of this whole epistle is that life is in stages. Appreciate each level you find yourself and strive to move on to the next phase. Don’t write off or look down at the hustle of the next man because you feel you’ve outgrown that stage. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Bolt/Uber is some people’s first step. Let them experience and grow from it.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rapheal5(m): 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Sorry man...it can be fixed depending on what spoilt inside but being Sunday morning, I doubt if u will find d people that sell d replacement parts. Or even d alternator itself. Except your rewire has one he can use to change for u. Best is if u have a spare one to replace. I have one but I am just seeing this message and I am in church already will not be back until 12 noon.
But ur battery light should have come up while driving before engine went dead, did u observe that?
thanks bro battery and alternator is good I think it's just the earth wire, everything is working perfectly

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4547) (4548) (4549) (4550) (4551) (4552) (4553) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.