Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4804294 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) (4624) (4625) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2022
deedee44:

I'm one of them. I didn't plan it though but I've come to realize that the importance of linkages is overrated. I will still put them back though

It's not overated ooo...
I know the difference, I feel it and I see it when I just replace linkages from bad to good ones, d difference is clear. Can't imagine how it will be without them in place atall
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2022
grin my mechanic say make I do same and come workshop anytime I wan fix another one say ẹ no disturb my movement. I wan replace am asap but this ur message com dey tempt me somehow grin

donfortune48:

Mine broke early 2020,
I removed it and removed the linkages entirely.
I've been using the car since then with no issues.

Shah confirm the price, I'll like to put them back.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2022
Blackbishop:

There is another oil filter inside, that can only be accessed by removing the sump. That will only have issues when you have too much sludge or any other issue in the engine that requires you opening up the sump.
Okay. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pearl1910:

What type of car do u drive?

Matrix.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2022
73O9:

Driving at high speed without the stabiliser rods is very risky.

You don try am before?

I don't do more than 120 when traveling inter state though.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2022
samobaba4u:
grin my mechanic say make I do same and come workshop anytime I wan fix another one say ẹ no disturb my movement. I wan replace am asap but this ur message com dey tempt me somehow grin

Not bad.

Fix and tell me.
I still want to fix mine.

Just that nothing reminds me of it since I removed it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
donfortune48:

You don try am before?

Ok, that's good to know that a vehicle can move at that speed without a sway rod.

I had a mini bus that got its sway rod broken on the road, it couldn't move without the mechanic replacing at same spot (my reason for saying it was impossible to drive without a sway rod).

My car has its back rod broken. What I notice on even at a slight bump is its back sways especially at that turning(ramp) from 3MB to Osborne road.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pearl1910:

How does it feel? How is d driving experience??
Vibrations, ease of turning the steering etc

See ehhh...na we dey cause wahala for ourselves... Could that be d reason people develop muscles and pile? grin
The person that did it told me it has no effect whatsoever on the car, that it was there to assist the shocks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
deedee44:

I'm one of them. I didn't plan it though but I've come to realize that the importance of linkages is overrated. I will still put them back though
Yes I know people do it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
samobaba4u:

Fix it but it doesn't mean you cannot drive around without it. It's not an ASAP repair
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2022
donfortune48:

You don try am before?

I did 140 almost all thru just last week from ibadan to lagos. It still depends on the driver sha cuz I don't drive recklessly and know when to slow down ahead of time

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
komodapson:

Aboki wey no get fixed address, no form of identification, mostly economic migrants and highly impoverished. Aboki, who probably just rose through the ranks of selling fruits & veggies to riding okada.
God forbid, if they did end up burning your vehicle or engage in civil disturbances. I can bet it, you won't get to apprehend the Culprit làáyè...even NPF won't do anything...

The best thing NPF would try and do (note: provided you're a notable personality) is they'll try and look for the head of their clan around that area, since they live in clusters. God help you, if that one no go talk say "Amodu don enter the next available truck, tey pass ajah...enter ijebu ode muje enter kafanchan" grin

All go be your loss, and NPF go dey use you dey chop, claiming there on top of the matter.
So, when dealing with a Man who has nothing to lose, you have to apply utmost intelligence.

I swear... Best is avoid them at all cost.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mainaugustine(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2022
This bolt inspection thing no dey update nii..it's almost 6 hrs

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
YeyeGbami:

These guys killed one bricklayer guy around lanre bus stop in igando. They mistook him for a guy who stole their bike, they beat this father of 8 to death. Till tomorrow nothing happen.

In short, Lasg and yoruba people don enter one chance with the way they’ve been handling the influx of these mad men roaming lagos.

The ones pushing carts too are another weyrey.

After my graduation in choba pH I was using this Camry pencil light driving to enter my campus in front of Delta hostel na so this aboki pushing truck just use that sharp edge tear my car from the front door to the back... Na so d idiot run leave him truck japa... I couldn't chase him with my car na so I park use leg trace am to their hausa quarters... Reported to their head in less than 5min them fetch the idiot out. Na so him pay me 8k.

Those guys na cow

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2022
Gentlelife50:

The person that did it told me it has no effect whatsoever on the car, that it was there to assist the shocks.

Gadamit...it has no effect but then it assist d shocks?

Well... oyinbo wey put am there sabi pass that person 1million times.
Stabilizing rose and linkages supports d shocks, raises d front of the car a little, adds extra strength to the steering, cos d shocks turns as u turn d wheels, aligns both wheels and balances the tyres amongst other things.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2022
mainaugustine:

Delete the car and add a new car, fill d details and upload the inspection report.
Do this via the driver portal, it's faster than doing it in the App.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
mainaugustine:
Did you upload it on your Driver App? If not you need to do that by going to the vehicle section.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mainaugustine(m): 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2022
Am a new rider?
ReadaDream:
Did you upload it on your Driver App? If not you need to do that by going to the vehicle section.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mainaugustine(m): 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2022
How do I do it..am a new driver?
Pearl1910:

Delete the car and add a new car, fill d details and upload the inspection report.
Do this via the driver portal, it's faster than doing it in the App.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
ReadaDream:
Pump 25k

Yes but there's no guarantee.

Thanks Baba. Either fix or buy toks is what I'm considering now ( fixing is quite expensive too., mech said d guy will take 15k. Was told toks steering rack is 40k...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
northbird:

Thanks Baba. Either fix or buy toks is what I'm considering now ( fixing is quite expensive too., mech said d guy will take 15k. Was told toks steering rack is 40k...

He's right. Bought the steering rack 40k in February. Pump 25k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
Felicity0001:

After my graduation in choba pH I was using this Camry pencil light driving to enter my campus in front of Delta hostel na so this aboki pushing truck just use that sharp edge tear my car from the front door to the back... Na so d idiot run leave him truck japa... I couldn't chase him with my car na so I park use leg trace am to their hausa quarters... Reported to their head in less than 5min them fetch the idiot out. Na so him pay me 8k.

Those guys na cow

You be confirm Port Harcourt boy swears grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 6:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
Felicity0001:

What car is it again?

Make una buy mecedes Benz una say the maintenance too much, Benz na for big boys,... Okay I hear Benz is actually for the big and wise boys.

My engine is 120k complete one ooh not half. Half engine na 70-75k

What's your Kompressor year boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2022
Abeg who don get this issue before with bolt. I tried to open my app now only to discover that I have been logged out. I tired to log in but got password error. I have reset the password several times but the issue perisists. I have mailed bolt but no response yet.

Anyone with such experience before?
Pearl1910
Felicity0001
Gentlelife50
Baz001
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2022
mainaugustine:
How do I do it..am a new driver?

Go to your App,
Go to Settings
Go to Account
Go to Driver Portal
When it launches on ur browser,
login and navigate the page,
find vehicles and Add New Vehicle

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
davit:
Abeg who don get this issue before with bolt. I tried to open my app now only to discover that I have been logged out. I tired to log in but got password error. I have reset the password several times but the issue perisists. I have mailed bolt but no response yet.

Pearl1910
Felicity0001
Gentlelife50
Baz001

Bolt username and password is always a problem cos they are d ones that use to provide password and activate driver account before covid came.
So Use email login if u can't recall your password
They will send a link to your email.
Then go to your mail and Just click that link

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pearl1910:

Bolt username and password is always a problem cos they are d ones that use to provide password and activate driver account before covid came.
So Use email login if u can't recall your password
They will send a link to your email.
Then go to your mail and Just click that link
I have done that. I have reset my password several times. Each I time try to use the new password I keep getting password error. I tried to log in via Web now and saw Driver account not available.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2022
davit:

Pearl1910
Felicity0001
Gentlelife50
Baz001
Use email login
A link will be sent to your mail
Make sure u access the email from same phone with Ur bolt driver app
Click on the link in the mail
It will ask you to open link with bolt driver app
Select yes.
It will log u in automatically
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2022
northbird:

Bro the ones they called toks na those ones they condemned and later re-kit. Don't be deceive. I did mine #8k and mechanic #5k about 4 months ago after them tell me sey toks na #45k. Na one senior mechanic come open my eyes. But if u buy another make sure u carry ur own go cos na extra money for them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2022
Johnnybegood12:

Use email login
A link will be sent to your mail
Make sure u access the email from same phone with Ur bolt driver app
Click on the link in the mail
It will ask you to open link with bolt driver app
Select yes.
It will log u in automatically

That's Magic link. I have used it too. I only saw "Driver Account not approved".
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatNiccur: 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2022
davit:

That's Magic link. I have used it too. I only saw "Driver Account not approved".

Your account has been permanently deactivated. I may be wrong.
However, I'd suggest you contact support via email or by any means just so you know what exactly the problem is.

I'd have said your account has been hacked but since you still get mails from them, that isn't the case then.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2022
ThatNiccur:

Your account has been permanently deactivated. I may be wrong.
However, I'd suggest you contact support via email or by any means just so you know what exactly the problem is.

I'd have said your account has been hacked but since you still get mails from them, that isn't the case then.

Cheers!
Thanks. I have mailed support. All I got from them so far is to reset my password which I have done.
I have no issue with them on any ground that should warrant deactivating my account. No warning no comolaint.i don't even use the app like before max 5 to 6 trips a week. I will keep following up with the support though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) (4624) (4625) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191, dckng16(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.